Here comes the bride...

They can try to convince me that my idea is dumb or stupid, that's fine. It's not their wedding, it's mine.

Of course it's yours. Yours and your princ...err fiance's only.

Really, LB don't let them get to you. Everyone can weigh in. Why should you be offended if others don't think party favors are the way to go? As long as YOU and your fiance do, who cares? It's a matter of style and taste and we all differ on what's tasteful and what's not.

I mean I know people who make fun of boxed wine for heaven's sakes!:rolleyes: (You know who you are.) Such snobs! Yeesh.

Of course it's yours. Yours and your princ...err fiance's only.

Really, LB don't let them get to you. Everyone can weigh in. Why should you be offended if others don't think party favors are the way to go? As long as YOU and your fiance do, who cares? It's a matter of style and taste and we all differ on what's tasteful and what's not.

I agree. Minds are free to differ. And like 2sure, while I might find something tacky/silly, I'd still defend her (and any other bride's) right to do whatever she chooses.

I mean I know people who make fun of boxed wine for heaven's sakes!:rolleyes: (You know who you are.) Such snobs! Yeesh.

:lmao: Guilty as charged! I'd love to see you wearing a tiara while drinking your Franzia, T!

That rule only applies in fantasy land.

Oh, wait...

yikes

BTW, Touche... did you have favors at either of your weddings? Just curious.

Uhm, uhm...ok, no. (Insert sheepish grin.) You got me. We considered the flowers, cake and guests, food, etc. our "party favors.":laugh:

They are only party favors...I mean, I dont like them and LB does...I wouldnt say there has been any indication that either of us feels so strongly about party favors that our life styles, values, and beliefs were based on the Party Favor Principal.

It is however apparent that some posters do feel strongly regarding the issue and I'm sorry if I violated some kind of Party Favor ethic.

LB - should you choose to go so far as to place Party Favors in each ladies room stall, I would defend your right to do so.

Absolutely agree. And...:lmao:

I agree. Minds are free to differ. And like 2sure, while I might find something tacky/silly, I'd still defend her (and any other bride's) right to do whatever she chooses.

:lmao: Guilty as charged! I'd love to see you wearing a tiara while drinking your Franzia, T!

Uhm, yeah. Not in this life time. :laugh:

But like you and 2sure said, I'd defend anyone's right to do so.

LB - should you choose to go so far as to place Party Favors in each ladies room stall, I would defend your right to do so.

And a red carpet leading to the stalls with rose petals. :love:

And a red carpet leading to the stalls with rose petals. :love:

Oh wow, you're good at this fantas...err wedding planning stuff. How'd you get so good at it? Oh wait....never mind.

this should be interesting, a half-amish wedding. i wish i could be there

i wonder if they'll order the chicken :laugh:

this should be interesting, a half-amish wedding. i wish i could be there

i wonder if they'll order the chicken :laugh:

Speaking of the Amish...let's lighten the mood with some comic relief:

An Amish boy and his father were visiting a mall. They were amazed by almost everything they saw, but especially by two shiny, silver walls that could move apart and back together again.

The boy asked his father, "What is this father?" The father (never having seen an elevator) responded, "Son, I have never seen anything like this in my life, I don't know what it is."

While the boy and his father were watching wide-eyed, an old lady limping slightly with a cane slowly walks up to the moving walls and pressed a button. The walls opened and the lady walks between them and into a small room. The walls closed and the boy and his father watched, small circles of light with numbers above the wall light up.

They continued to watch the circles light up in the reverse direction.

The walls opened up again and a beautiful 24-year-old woman stepped out.

The father said to his son, "Go get your Mother."

We are planning on having some kind of party favor with a fairly tale kind of theme, I'm not sure what a good thing would be though.

I think that's an awesome idea. I would, too. :)

Check this out:

http://www.favorsbyserendipity.com/wedding-favors-theme-cinderella-1.html?gclid=CPOwzYj-npsCFQoMDQodGma4CA

Starting googling Cinderella weddings, fairy tale wedding favors...

You should find a ton of ideas.

Rollercoasterr

I don't think my fiance and I are going to do anything spectacular with our favors. Definitely some type of candy, but we're both students and I think I'd much rather spend the extra money on something else.

I think it's safe to say that pretty much everyone in his family drinks, so the extra money would go towards that. I don't think I could name a single person in my family that drinks, but I'm sure that there are some. But just because my family doesn't drink does NOT mean I'm going to make his family suffer through a "sober wedding"! Besides, his dad speaks better english after a couple glasses of wine. :lmao:

I think that every bride deserves the right to have whatever she wants at her wedding. I don't care if it's the silliest thing in the world to me, it's the couples special day and who am I to think that the things they picked out are stupid?

At my cousins wedding last August they ordered personalized water bottle labels that had all the ingredients to a successful marriage listed on the back of it. Since her wedding was outside and it was kind of hot I thought that it was a thoughtful AND cute idea. My mom still has one of those water bottles around here somewhere.

jesus if people put half the effort into their marriages that they do into their weddings our divorce rate would be like 10% :lmao:

oh yea ahem i need to stay on-topic here....a word to the wise. spend less on your wedding and save the rest cause chances are greater than 1 in 2 that the union will end. i know too many people who spent $30,000 on a lavish wedding and then lived to regret it when they filed for divorce three years later.

i think between my parents and my ex-wife's parents they probably spent close to $40,000 on our wedding and we were together less than 3 years. what a total waste of time, money and effort.

Rollercoasterr

oh yea ahem i need to stay on-topic here....a word to the wise. spend less on your wedding and save the rest cause chances are greater than 1 in 2 that the union will end. i know too many people who spent $30,000 on a lavish wedding and then lived to regret it when they filed for divorce three years later.

i think between my parents and my ex-wife's parents they probably spent close to $40,000 on our wedding and we were together less than 3 years. what a total waste of time, money and effort.

Guess it's a good thing I'm spending less than 10k. :) Well, with immigration costs, make that 12.

Guess it's a good thing I'm spending less than 10k. :) Well, with immigration costs, make that 12.

yea thats ok

jesus if people put half the effort into their marriages that they do into their weddings our divorce rate would be like 10% :lmao:

You read about my wedding theory didn't you?

You read about my wedding theory didn't you?

no whats your "wedding theory"?

no whats your "wedding theory"?

Well I don't want to go off-topic. Look it up. It's spelled out in great detail on some other thread.:p

It can be found somewhere in here, over and over again: http://www.loveshack.org/forums/t190597/

Skip to post #105, or thereabout.

Or this post from that thread:

Both my weddings were extremely small and intimate affairs. I have this dumb theory that the bigger and more elaborate the wedding, the higher the failure rate of the marriage.
It can be found somewhere in here, over and over again: http://www.loveshack.org/forums/t190597/

Skip to post #105, or thereabout.

touche must have come up with those "theories" after downing a bottle and a half of good pinot noir.

its all a crap-shoot and pretty much random which marriages will make the cut and which won't. hence the advice to spend minimally on the actual nuptuals

Citizen Erased
touche must have come up with those "theories" after downing a bottle and a half of good pinot noir.

its all a crap-shoot and pretty much random which marriages will make the cut and which won't. hence the advice to spend minimally on the actual nuptuals

I really love that you're posting on this thread. :lmao:

Not at all. I've had this theory forever. Besides, haven't you heard...I only drink boxed wine.:laugh: I'm telling you though my theory is sound.:p

I really love that you're posting on this thread. :lmao:

Me too. It confirms what I've always believed. He's a closet case...not that there's anything wrong with that.:laugh:

"The theory is, again, that the bigger the wedding the bigger the chance the marriage will fail."

That doesn't work back home...

Everyone getting married over there has the biggest, throw-the-house-out-the-window weddings.

They rent these locales outside of town, some orchard places, 400 guests average, and they party till daytime.

Nobody ever gets divorced. :(

(Oh yeah, I'm the only one of my 45 cousins to ever have gotten divorced, twice even :( )

"The theory is, again, that the bigger the wedding the bigger the chance the marriage will fail."

That doesn't work back home...

Everyone getting married over there has the biggest, throw-the-house-out-the-window weddings.

They rent these locales outside of town, some orchard places, 400 guests average, and they party till daytime.

Nobody ever gets divorced. :(

Other country and culture...doesn't count. I stand by my theory.

Not at all. I've had this theory forever. Besides, haven't you heard...I only drink boxed wine.:laugh: I'm telling you though my theory is sound.:p

Am I ever going to live that down?!?! :laugh: It's okay, at least you don't wear a tiara! :lmao:

I love that Alpha is so into wedding planning too! :bunny:

Am I ever going to live that down?!?! :laugh: It's okay, at least you don't wear a tiara! :lmao:

Never, never will you live that down. And even though I was mad at you at the time, I have to admit it made me laugh...the picture of me drinking boxed wine in the RV.:laugh: But yeah, no tiara here.:p No offense to anyone, seriously, but I'd drink boxed wine before I'd wear a tiara.:laugh: