Here comes the bride...

• Author
Lauriebell82

So we met with the photographer and his work was really great. Plus he's extremely reasonable. My fiance brought up to me that maybe we shouldn't even have favors because they will be expensive and people will pitch them. Which is probably true, I know I do. So we may not even have them now and spend the money on something else. We are so excited to have found a good photographer who is decently priced and won't rip us off.

So we met with the photographer and his work was really great. Plus he's extremely reasonable. My fiance brought up to me that maybe we shouldn't even have favors because they will be expensive and people will pitch them. Which is probably true, I know I do. So we may not even have them now and spend the money on something else. We are so excited to have found a good photographer who is decently priced and won't rip us off.

i think its a good idea to of dispose of the "party favours"

It's funny how your fiance thinks like some of us do. Wow, what a 180! You seemed dead set on the party favors.

That's great about the photographer I guess. But you can save hundreds on that too with some creativity. (Ask me how.;) )

There's a difference between penny-pinching and being smart. I'd stack my pics from both my weddings against any "professional" and over-priced ones any day.

HINT: The "professional" photogs will never capture the really truly memorable spontaneous moments of the wedding. Nope. Pretty much anyone with a good camera can get the good formal posed ones though.

I've been to weddings where the only party favors were cameras placed at each place setting... where everyone took pics and then sent them to the couple. Some were actually better than the professional ones.

I've been to weddings where the only party favors were cameras placed at each place setting... where everyone took pics and then sent them to the couple. Some were actually better than the professional ones.

yea i can definitely see how drunken wedding guests sporting disposable cardboard cameras with an 8 foot flash range could out do the professional photographer :rolleyes:

Now they have MM's that you can personalize. Like you can put both your names on there or even a pic of the two of you. .

A friend of mine had those. They were yummy, but half of them ended up being projectiles once the wine was freely flowing, and the other half were eaten or left on the table.

I've never kept anything I've gotten at a wedding..

Which is why I wondered why you were so into the idea?

weddings where favors were given and it had no effect on the wedding at all.

We had no favours. Some people took the table flower arrangements home, which was encouraged by us because they were beautiful peonies from my FILs garden, and we didn't want to see them being thrown out.

Other country and culture...doesn't count. I stand by my theory.

Yippee! I am not counted then!

Don't penny pinch on your photographer. A good one is worth his/her weight in gold.

Agreed- I would spend the money you save on the favours on getting the best photographer you can afford. Ours wasn't as great as she could have been, H had to photoshop our photos alot before we got some worth framing, and he shouldn't have had to do that.

Either that, or the money you save on not having favours you could put towards that dress.

People won't notice or care if you have no favours- they will notice if you don't have great photos or if the food/drink is rubbish.

Hershey kisses...how cute. And you know what? Now they have MM's that you can personalize. Like you can put both your names on there or even a pic of the two of you.

What are you 12 ? :p..

I love the idea of Hersey's Kisses or the M&M's personalized...

Everyone loves candy..

People won't notice or care if you have no favours- they will notice if you don't have great photos or if the food/drink is rubbish.

no, people don't care about favours, they don't care about photos but if the food and booze is bad they will remember it for a long time.

yea i can definitely see how drunken wedding guests sporting disposable cardboard cameras with an 8 foot flash range could out do the professional photographer :rolleyes:

Never said they would be disposable cameras at all. Don't assume. Besides which not everyone at a wedding is drunk...just sayin'.

SB, you had a classy wedding. My remark about "culture and country" doesn't really apply to you.

Look, the bottom line is that the wedding should reflect the tastes and priorities of the couple involved. We can all judge someone's tastes. I'm sure our tastes and decisions for our wedding(s) were judged to an extent too. Who cares?

As long as the couple involved is happy as clams with their decisions , that's all that really matters.

We can all be critics though. As long as we wish the couple in question the very best, so what?

Look, the bottom line is that the wedding should reflect the tastes and priorities of the couple involved.

this is ludicrous...who the hell else is the wedding going to reflect the tastes and priorities of?

I love the idea of Hersey's Kisses

they melt in your mouth and everywhere else :lmao:

or the M&M's personalized...

they just melt in your mouth

Everyone loves candy..

lets not forget about our diabetic guests...we need sugar-free candies for them :)

no, people don't care about favours, they don't care about photos but if the food and booze is bad they will remember it for a long time.

LB will care if the photos are bad- they are her lasting souvenir of the day.

Our photos weren't to the standard that we wanted them to be, and it was the only thing I got "bridezilla-ish" about, but unfortunately we only realised our mistake AFTER the wedding, so my zilla-tantrum was justified, but too late to do anything about.

this is ludicrous...who the hell else is the wedding going to reflect the tastes and priorities of?

No it's not ludicrous at all. Read all the threads where the parents/in-laws who are paying for the whole thing (or most of it) are calling all the shots.

That would never work for me, and never has, but you'd be surprised how often the wedding reflects those who are footing the bill...and it's not always a reflection of the tastes and priorities of the couple in question. Go figure.:rolleyes:

LB will care if the photos are bad- they are her lasting souvenir of the day.

Our photos weren't to the standard that we wanted them to be, and it was the only thing I got "bridezilla-ish" about, but unfortunately we only realised our mistake AFTER the wedding, so my zilla-tantrum was justified, but too late to do anything about.

I guess I got lucky both times in that dept. I loved my pics. All taken by our guests. :)

Edited to add: Fabulous video on my second wedding to boot. Mr. T and I watch it every so often even still.

Edited to add: Fabulous video on my second wedding to boot. Mr. T and I watch it every so often even still.

i wish you could see my wedding video, its hilarious. it looks like i'm going to the gallows to hang by the neck :laugh:

Trialbyfire

Touche, not everyone will be satisfied with guest shots. Some wedding photos are killer, in that they not only portray the bride/groom and bridal party in the best of light, but also, the cameras the good ones use, for picture quality, can't be replicated by skill alone.

This is no insult to your wedding photos but photos that are meant to last a lifetime, need to be loved by the bride and groom.

I guess you only really need ONE amazing photo. But some friends of ours spent a bomb on their photographer and you could really tell the difference between ours and theirs.

Luckily WB is a photoshop whiz....

We are still waiting for our video. (small bone of contention there, my brother took the video and was supposed to get it ready before my dad died, because my dad missed the speeches at our wedding due to his illness.... but brother didn't quite "get around to it":mad:)

i wish you could see my wedding video, its hilarious. it looks like i'm going to the gallows to hang by the neck :laugh:

I didn't know you were psychic on top of all your other talents AM.

I would pay to see that. Can you put it on YouTube?

:lmao:

Touche, not everyone will be satisfied with guest shots. Some wedding photos are killer, in that they not only portray the bride/groom and bridal party in the best of light, but also, the cameras the good ones use, for picture quality, can't be replicated by skill alone.

My point is that skill alone doesn't cut it...nor does the right equipment. It's more than that.

This is no insult to your wedding photos but photos that are meant to last a lifetime, need to be loved by the bride and groom.

Agreed. I'm not insulted at all... we love ours. Yeah, those that weren't taken by a "professional.";)

I didn't know you were psychic on top of all your other talents AM.

What do you mean? He was married and divorced once.

I would pay to see that. Can you put it on YouTube?

Maybe I'll put mine on YouTube. It was kind of funny because there was a moment where we all burst into laughter because my stepson handed me my ring and handed his dad HIS ring. :lmao:

Priceless.

Psychic as in if he looked like he was going to the gallows he must have had a premonition that the marriage might not have worked out.

Psychic as in if he looked like he was going to the gallows he must have had a premonition that the marriage might not have worked out.

indeed....oh well at least i got to take her virginity

Ohhhh! Ok, got it. :laugh: Uhm, yeah.

indeed....oh well at least i got to take her virginity

Yeah but what did she take from you?