DG is not writing to me

• Author
No, you do play the victim.

Remember all that stuff along the lines of you'll only breathe the minimal amount of air needed to survive, and you'll eat only the bare minimum in order to keep your heart beating and other such silliness? That you will only exist now...but you refuse to live.

Oh, no no.

You missed the point of that. I'll paste from wikipedia:

Asceticism (from the Greek: ἄσκησις, áskēsis, "exercise") describes a life-style characterized by abstinence from various sorts of worldly pleasures (especially sexual activity and consumption of food and drink) often with the aim of pursuing religious and spiritual goals.

However, the intention is to bring about greater freedom in various areas of one's life (such as freedom from compulsions and temptations) and greater peacefulness of mind (with a concomitant increase in clarity and power of thought).

It was meant as a form of improvement.

At this moment, whenever I think of beer I think of "dull" and "dumb" fortunately, and when I think of weed I just get a pain in my chest just to remember.

• Author
Ok, let me put it this way:

VICTIM:

Oh...my soulmate is gone forever. I will wither and just pine for the rest of my days for my one and only love. I will eat crumbs and deny myself of all human comforts until the day he comes back to me. I will sleep on a bed of nails and eat stale bread. None of it will compare to the pain of my one and only true love rejecting me.

SURVIVOR:

That son of a bitch! That bastard! Who the HELL does he think he is toying with me this way? I'm sick and tired of feeding his puny little insecure ego. He's not going to EFF with me anymore. I won't let him. Let him crawl back to that doll collector loser woman because I deserve WAAAAYYYY better than this. She was all he deserved.

See the difference?;)

Well, your "survivor" sounds like a loser to me.

Oh, no no.

You missed the point of that. I'll paste from wikipedia:

Asceticism (from the Greek: ἄσκησις, áskēsis, "exercise") describes a life-style characterized by abstinence from various sorts of worldly pleasures (especially sexual activity and consumption of food and drink) often with the aim of pursuing religious and spiritual goals.

However, the intention is to bring about greater freedom in various areas of one's life (such as freedom from compulsions and temptations) and greater peacefulness of mind (with a concomitant increase in clarity and power of thought).

It was meant as a form of improvement.

At this moment, whenever I think of beer I think of "dull" and "dumb" fortunately, and when I think of weed I just get a pain in my chest just to remember.

OH...ok. Now I see what you're saying. Well that doesn't sound very victim-like at all. Just the opposite. I stand corrected, A.

As long as there's some pleasure in that for you somewhere, it can only be a good thing.

• Author
OH...ok. Now I see what you're saying. Well that doesn't sound very victim-like at all. Just the opposite. I stand corrected, A.

As long as there's some pleasure in that for you somewhere, it can only be a good thing.

Well, good night you too.

(And I'm even thinking that if I get to buy that trailer, I'll give it to my son and then I'll be free to be a sadhu)

Huh?:confused:

Meaning, the replies have been directed to A. It is someone else who is doing the talking for her, she doesn't need constant rescuing. I thought that was the purpose of posting, was to receive feedback.

• Author
Meaning, the replies have been directed to A. It is someone else who is doing the talking for her, she doesn't need constant rescuing. I thought that was the purpose of posting, was to receive feedback.

And now I think you feel threatened by my threads and my posting.

"He dumped me.... again!Yesterday I received this email from Denver guy and I almost fell out of my chair:

-------

Got it.

I will not respond to any further emails from you or otherwise contact you again.

-------

:eek: !!!

All because I called him on the phone and he didn't answer...

So I emailed him asking him why he would not reply, since we had been writing for so long and I really wanted to talk to him (I haven't heard his voice in four years!)

Of course he didn't answer to that either...

So I emailed him again, this time I was a little more hurt, and told him that surely he didn't reply to me because I was a "nothing" a "zero" and that I should not forget that.

Of course, this was said mere seconds after the phone call. I was still quite distraught.

A few hours later I get "that" email.

After that, as you can imagine, I have sent him some 20 emails if not more begging him please to not be like that, trying to make him understand, to be more compassionate, to please reconsider, etc etc."

This is not healthy, and people should not enable this obsessive, delusional and stalking behavior. If this was a guy doing this to a female poster, the Thread would be ablaze with posts exhorting the female victim to contact the police or take similar steps to deter an obsessive individual who simply will not take "no" for an answer.

The behavior is not only self-destructive to A but harassing to DG who has not spoken to A in 4 years.

Get yourself some medication and counseling, A, and a new life.

The mods should shut down this Thread.

"He dumped me.... again!Yesterday I received this email from Denver guy and I almost fell out of my chair:

-------

Got it.

I will not respond to any further emails from you or otherwise contact you again.

-------

:eek: !!!

All because I called him on the phone and he didn't answer...

So I emailed him asking him why he would not reply, since we had been writing for so long and I really wanted to talk to him (I haven't heard his voice in four years!)

Of course he didn't answer to that either...

So I emailed him again, this time I was a little more hurt, and told him that surely he didn't reply to me because I was a "nothing" a "zero" and that I should not forget that.

Of course, this was said mere seconds after the phone call. I was still quite distraught.

A few hours later I get "that" email.

After that, as you can imagine, I have sent him some 20 emails if not more begging him please to not be like that, trying to make him understand, to be more compassionate, to please reconsider, etc etc."

This is not healthy, and people should not enable this obsessive, delusional and stalking behavior. If this was a guy doing this to a female poster, the Thread would be ablaze with posts exhorting the female victim to contact the police or take similar steps to deter an obsessive individual who simply will not take "no" for an answer.

The behavior is not only self-destructive to A but harassing to DG who has not spoken to A in 4 years.

Get yourself some medication and counseling, A, and a new life.

Well said.. I completely agree... strange how people can become so delusional and pathetically obsessed with someone..

Ariadne.. get some counselling..

Art_Critic

A agree with your post Grogster up till this point..

Her thread isn't against the guidelines and if being mentally upset or off was a reason to have a thread shutdown then there would be tons of threads on LS closed.

And now I think you feel threatened by my threads and my posting.

What on earth are you talking about?

• Author

Actually, I am concerned about that.

I don't want to harass him by any means.

But so far he had been responding and we were having a nice conversation. In fact, he even wrote to me on the day of his surgery close to midnight to tell me how it went.

Also, his emails were much longer than mine. Sometimes pages long.

But yes, I don't want him to write to me if he doesn't want to, I told him that too.

Now is moot anyway.

• Author
strange how people can become so delusional and pathetically obsessed with someone..

I understand how crazy I must sound. Even I don't get it.

Is such a strong force that no matter what, it takes over.

A agree with your post Grogster up till this point..

Her thread isn't against the guidelines and if being mentally upset or off was a reason to have a thread shutdown then there would be tons of threads on LS closed.

I understand, AC. As a general matter, I agree. This particular Thread is a hard case, and I can't help but believe that the Shack is fueling, enabling and prolonging crippling, self-destructive and obsessional behavior.

Public forums like this can unintentionally validate and therefore worsen obsessional, if not delusional, patterns: "I post, and people respond; therefore, my obsession must be important." Obsessional threads are scary.

There's probably no solution, because the mods aren't mental health counselors who can miraculously distinguish between the odd as opposed to the ill. Plus, they have imperfect information.

burning 4 revenge

If Ariadne is actually serious abut all this stuff then I think shes certainly mentally ill

I get the feeling she exagerates it though to humor herself

Art_Critic
I understand, AC. As a general matter, I agree. This particular Thread is a hard case, and I can't help but believe that the Shack is fueling, enabling and prolonging crippling, self-destructive and obsessional behavior.

Public forums like this can unintentionally validate and therefore worsen obsessional, if not delusional, patterns: "I post, and people respond; therefore, my obsession must be important." Obsessional threads are scary.

There's probably no solution, because the mods aren't mental health counselors who can miraculously distinguish between the odd as opposed to the ill. Plus, they have imperfect information.

There's some good thoughts in those words Grogster, even for other posters threads..

I will say though that this thread is very tame in the obsession/stalking compared to some of her other threads on LS and the other things she has posted about and I think sometimes she posts about her fantasies rather than real thoughts..

This thread was really all about emailing the guy who was actively in a conversation with her.. the other threads showed much more obsessive/stalking behavior.. maybe she is getting better :)

• Author

This thread was really all about emailing the guy who was actively in a conversation with her.. the other threads showed much more obsessive/stalking behavior.. maybe she is getting better :)

Hehe.... Thanks AC :)

There's some good thoughts in those words Grogster, even for other posters threads..

I will say though that this thread is very tame in the obsession/stalking compared to some of her other threads on LS and the other things she has posted about and I think sometimes she posts about her fantasies rather than real thoughts..

I hear ya, AC. You've made some very good points. I sometimes wonder, though, how many obsessives and delusionals post on the Shack instead of getting effective, difficult mental health treatment.

The Shack, instead of being a way point to treatment, becomes an easy alternative--a glib way to avoid the reality principle.

Does the Shack, and the public forum process, aid and abet certain mental illnesses, ie, OCD, delusional disorder, etc.?

The jury is still out.

• Author

Does the Shack, and the public forum process, aid and abet certain mental illnesses, ie, OCD, delusional disorder, etc.?

That is only your opinion.

You just can't understand my behavior, therefore, it must be an illness.

amaysngrace

The jury is still out.

If anything it brings about awareness and lets people not feel so isolated in their struggle.

It's the individual's choice whether to seek help on their own for their personal problems but I think the Shack is good about raising awareness.

That is only your opinion.

You just can't understand my behavior, therefore, it must be an illness.

Yes, A., if it interferes with your everyday life (which you claimed it does), and for sooooo long...then I would say it is an illness, a disorder. Can you see this?

Oh it is definately a mental health issue! Without a doubt, but as long as A is not harming herself or anyone else it is cool I guess?

You have to want help to be able to get it!