DG is not writing to me

I know, seriously people..if Ariadne wants to throw away the rest of her life over this Frankenstein it's no one's business but her own. You people are SO judgemental.

Anywho, sorry you're not happy with the situation, A. You know I wish the best for you.

Listen, forget him and keep yourself focused. Remember the little house with the waterfall you wanted? Your own little retreat? Don't screw up the job. If you play your cards right you can have your freedom to do what you want. GET THAT PLACE...now is the time! Don't wait. In my bones I feel that this is what you need to do now.

Besos y abrazos,

Your friend T.

• Author
I know, seriously people..if Ariadne wants to throw away the rest of her life over this Frankenstein it's no one's business but her own. You people are SO judgemental.

Anywho, sorry you're not happy with the situation, A. You know I wish the best for you.

Listen, forget him and keep yourself focused. Remember the little house with the waterfall you wanted? Your own little retreat? Don't screw up the job. If you play your cards right you can have your freedom to do what you want. GET THAT PLACE...now is the time! Don't wait. In my bones I feel that this is what you need to do now.

Besos y abrazos,

Your friend T.

Awww... thanks Touche! You are the best, you always hold my back.

Sigh, the house, everything seems so enormous now.

So incredibly difficult and impossible.

I don't know... I feel beat up. :(

• Author

(Is like I don't know what to do with myself anymore. And now that I cut the weed, the alcohol, and the food, is like... what!? I just stare at the ceiling or something.. plus all the responsibilities I have on me :( and I'm all alone)

True, if someone wants to waste away their years, so be it!

The outstanding question, as in the past, is simply...what do you expect, A. from your posts?

It is not so troubling that someone chooses to stay in this fantasy, it is, however a different story when one involves their own child in the mess, and ALWAYS, ALWAYS plays the victim. I don't see how it is beneficial in the least to help fuel the fire. Sometimes a little reality brings clarity.

• Author

Thanks again.

I'm going to go rollerskating now.

At least I enjoy being in nature, nature rocks.

Awww... thanks Touche! You are the best, you always hold my back.

That's very sweet of you to say that, A. I just want to see you happy for a change.

Sigh, the house, everything seems so enormous now.

So incredibly difficult and impossible.

I don't know... I feel beat up. :(

I understand how you must feel. Trust me, I've been down there in the deepest and darkest of places. But this is the time to say EFF HIM and EFF everyone I'm going to take care of ME! This is YOUR time for you now, A.

Once you just take that control, then you won't feel so beat up. You'll feel empowered. Just try it ok? You'll see.

Tomorrow instead of reading all that New Age nonsense I want you to pick up the newspaper or go on line and look at those houses again. You need something to be excited about again in life and I just know this is it for you.

It's the perfect time, A. Your son will be going his own way before you know it. You still have that good job. Use them to get what you want. California is bad now right? I mean real estate wise? Isn't it a buyer's market? What are you waiting for? Find something you like. And when you find it...don't let them know how much you like it. Are you good at negotiating? Because you never pay what they're asking. You know that right?

(Is like I don't know what to do with myself anymore. And now that I cut the weed, the alcohol, and the food, is like... what!? I just stare at the ceiling or something.. plus all the responsibilities I have on me :( and I'm all alone)

You are not alone. Not completely. You have your son and wonderful parents. And yes, you have your LS buddies don't you?

I admire you for giving up the bad stuff (you're a better woman than me!) but it doesn't mean you can't have fun and be excited about something, right?

As for the responsibilities on you..nonsense! A, your son is an adult now. Teach him to fly out of the nest and be independent. If you don't then you're not doing your job as a parent.

The only responsibility you should have now is for YOURSELF. No one and nothing else.

Your 40's will be the best time of your life. You'll see. But first you need to stop with the whole victim mentality and take control.

So start with baby steps, ok? I'll help you. We all will.

You promise to look at the real estate ads tomorrow? Or even tonight on line?

Promise, ok? We're going to help you, A. You'll be fine.

You're better than average...you're very special. I knew that right away about you. So stop acting like the average beaten down person because you're not.

• Author

Touche,

Once you just take that control, then you won't feel so beat up. You'll feel empowered. Just try it ok? You'll see.

Yeah yeah... I'm so motivated now to just go and buy houses.

California is bad now right? I mean real estate wise? Isn't it a buyer's market? What are you waiting for? Find something you like.

:(

You are not alone. Not completely. You have your son and wonderful parents. And yes, you have your LS buddies don't you?

My son I have to take care of 100%, and my parents are in their 70s in another continent.

As for the responsibilities on you..nonsense! A, your son is an adult now. Teach him to fly out of the nest and be independent. If you don't then you're not doing your job as a parent.

He has no clue what to do. I can't even teach him to drive because I have to go to the DMV to get the permit and I can't even leave till 7pm.

It's all complicated to do when I'm not home all day.

So start with baby steps, ok? I'll help you. We all will.

Thank you so much Touche.

You promise to look at the real estate ads tomorrow? Or even tonight on line? Promise, ok? We're going to help you, A. You'll be fine.

:sick:

You're better than average...you're very special. I knew that right away about you. So stop acting like the average beaten down person because you're not.

Well, I guess I need to get out a bit now. But my son is waiting for me to give him a ride to go pick up his gf, and then I have to rebuild his computer. Eek.

And you are my special LS older sister. :love:

Well I appreciate what you said to me, A but I have to admit I'm very disappointed in you.

Don't all those New Age things you read teach you to not play the victim?

And you're doing your son NO favors by the way. When I was 16 I had a job and paid for driving lessons. Do you want your son to grow up helpless? Does he even have a job?

I'm sorry, A but as much as I think you have some wonderful qualities, I just don't get you sometimes. How can you do this to your son? You're ruining him. He's like a 12 year old and he's a legal adult. Very sad. I mean it's bad enough you want to throw your own life away but to ruin him is a real crime.

Ok, don't look at real estate ads then. Keep wallowing and pining for that miserable narcissist of a man. What a waste of a good life.

What a waste. It's sad, A.

This is the reality I spoke of! The past posts stated that the son rocked and consoled A. when D.G. did not reply. And A. posted threads from the son (which i believe were ficticious, or at least I hope they were!)

If A. is going to post here, then I would think one would be open-minded to hear comments, sort through, and act. But, there is no desire to change, which is why I continue to ask the purpose for the posts.

I would think reality has to begin with A., and then of course, teach "life" to the son.

I must admit, these posts outrage me. Not because one chooses to stay in a fantasy, but, because it is unclear of what is expected. If you want change...then change!

It's been a very long time, and it is still the same exact story, same emotions, same outcome!

But the bottom line is I don't think A ever said she wanted change, Tink. Where are you getting that message in her posts?

She's venting. She's ranting. She's whining and moaning. She's allowed.

I said what I had to say, as did others, and the message fell on deaf ears. I'll still be here and support A even while not agreeing with her decision to keep wallowing in this nonsense.

That IS my point, she does not want to change. Yet, repeats the same things hoping for a different outcome.

That IS my point, she does not want to change. Yet, repeats the same things hoping for a different outcome.

You're right. But she's the director in her own play so to speak. If that's the way she wants to roll, so be it.

I'm not here to dictate how someone should live their life. I have my opinions and I give them. If the message doesn't get through or isn't well-received, so be it. I don't get "outraged" or however you put it.

Why would you get so emotionally invested in someone else's reality to the point where you're outraged?

Express your opinion and then either leave, if you feel it's for naught, or give support. You have two choices really. Pretty simple. No need to be "outraged."

• Author

Don't all those New Age things you read teach you to not play the victim?

I don't play the victim.

I'm just stating the circumstances right now.

I guess I'll start looking for land when I feel the impulse to, but right now I just got home from skating 6 miles and I'm going to relax.

• Author
You're right. But she's the director in her own play so to speak. If that's the way she wants to roll, so be it.

I'm not here to dictate how someone should live their life. I have my opinions and I give them. If the message doesn't get through or isn't well-received, so be it. I don't get "outraged" or however you put it.

Why would you get so emotionally invested in someone else's reality to the point where you're outraged?

Express your opinion and then either leave, if you feel it's for naught, or give support. You have two choices really. Pretty simple. No need to be "outraged."

Wow! :love:

When someone decides to post on a public forum, then ALL are welcomed to give their opinions. You do not have to agree with me, nor I with you...it's that simple!

The "outrage" you speak of derives from the fact that I do believe A. is a manipulater, and plays the victim role. Now, you are welcome to support her or whatever you chose, but as said, we are all entitled to our opinions.

I don't play the victim.

I'm just stating the circumstances right now.

I guess I'll start looking for land when I feel the impulse to, but right now I just got home from skating 6 miles and I'm going to relax.

No, you do play the victim.

Remember all that stuff along the lines of you'll only breathe the minimal amount of air needed to survive, and you'll eat only the bare minimum in order to keep your heart beating and other such silliness? That you will only exist now...but you refuse to live.

Remember that? Too tired to go back and quote you exactly but it was along those lines.

Are those types of sentiments spoken by a survivor, a victor in life? Or are they spoken by a victim?

Art_Critic
You people are SO judgemental.

Wait for it...........

Wait......

Wait now.....

Wait a second...

Wait...

Almost here .....

49 mins later.. here it is... Judgement.

Ok, don't look at real estate ads then. Keep wallowing and pining for that miserable narcissist of a man. What a waste of a good life.

What a waste. It's sad, A.

:).. I just love reading this thread.....

I don't see where anyone is dictating how one should live their life, who cares?

That's not the point! It was simply asked, what is to be expected with these posts.

Ok, let me put it this way:

VICTIM:

Oh...my soulmate is gone forever. I will wither and just pine for the rest of my days for my one and only love. I will eat crumbs and deny myself of all human comforts until the day he comes back to me. I will sleep on a bed of nails and eat stale bread. None of it will compare to the pain of my one and only true love rejecting me.

SURVIVOR:

That son of a bitch! That bastard! Who the HELL does he think he is toying with me this way? I'm sick and tired of feeding his puny little insecure ego. He's not going to EFF with me anymore. I won't let him. Let him crawl back to that doll collector loser woman because I deserve WAAAAYYYY better than this. She was all he deserved.

See the difference?;)

I don't see where anyone is dictating how one should live their life, who cares?

That's not the point! It was simply asked, what is to be expected with these posts.

Why should there be expectations though? In a way having expectations for someone else's thread IS like dictating isn't it? Sometimes things just ARE.

The only person that should have any expectations, if any from these posts, is the person who started the thread. It's not up to any of us to have expectations concerning someone else's thread. See what I mean now?

Wait for it...........

Wait......

Wait now.....

Wait a second...

Wait...

Almost here .....

49 mins later.. here it is... Judgement.

:).. I just love reading this thread.....

Sorry, AC but I fail to see our point. I wasn't judging. I was giving my opinion.

Besides, you clearly didn't pick up on my sarcasm there did you?;)

No, I don't. By expectations, it is meant, what to expect from us by writing.

I don't want to get into a battle with you, I have no cause. We simply disagree on this.

Art_Critic
Sorry, AC but I fail to see our point. I wasn't judging. I was giving my opinion.

Besides, you clearly didn't pick up on my sarcasm there did you?;)

and you didn't pick up on mine.. and yes you were judging her in the same manner that we all have on this thread...

She put herself out there in this thread.. it isn't in the rants forum.. this isn't about ranting and her wanting to get it all off her chest...

This thread and all the updates are about ???.............. this thread isn't about DG by the way..

No, I don't. By expectations, it is meant, what to expect from us by writing.

I don't want to get into a battle with you, I have no cause. We simply disagree on this.

Ok, well it's fine if you don't see my point.

I guess Ariadne can tell us what she expects from us. Maybe she doesn't expect anything. Maybe she just needs to vent...I don't know. Ariadne can answer for herself.

Battle? What battle? We were simply having a discussion. Sure we disagree. No big deal. We can disagree. :)

Ariadne, I'm off to bed in a minute. Do try to let some of this go tonight ok? Listen to some good music or watch something fun on TV or something.

Good night!

and you didn't pick up on mine.. and yes you were judging her in the same manner that we all have on this thread...

She put herself out there in this thread.. it isn't in the rants forum.. this isn't about ranting and her wanting to get it all off her chest...

This thread and all the updates are about ???.............. this thread isn't about DG by the way..

Here's a novel idea...how about Ariadne decides what her thread is about?