Question for Guys 40 - 50

Eyeofthoth

Even though theres been some mean things said by the men here they're right that theres an awful lot of hypocrisy coming from some of the women. They dont want men their own age for superficial reasons and then they exect younger men to overlook their own physical vunerabilities

wtf

Jake exactly..

Thats all I have been trying to say, and you said it perfectly.

So many women emailed me telling "men their age do not have as much energy. Men their age have kids and exes..(These women did too).. Men their age are not as in shape" etc etc.

I am thinking... Hello... I am 30.. You don't want a man even your age! Why would men want to be in a serious relationship with a woman 10-15 years older ????

Jake exactly..

Thats all I have been trying to say, and you said it perfectly.

So many women emailed me telling "men their age do not have as much energy. Men their age have kids and exes..(These women did too).. Men their age are not as in shape" etc etc.

I am thinking... Hello... I am 30.. You don't want a man even your age! Why would men want to be in a serious relationship with a woman 10-15 years older ????

Hold up a second here... at no point did I make degrading remarks regarding the physical appearance of older men. My comments have to do with life stages.

I am perfectly ok with the idea that men who wants kids won't be interested in me or that men with pre-existing children who still require support won't either because I'm not into raising another set of children.

I don't expect to have anybody falling at my feet but by the same token I don't feel that I should be forced into hooking up with somebody who is not compatabile with me simply because I'm older and worth nothing.

I don't want to work all day,then have an exciting evening cooking,cleaning for a guy who's sitting there in a trance in front of the tv, a guy who seldom wants to go out, doesn't ski or dance and dislikes travel.

I'm also willing to give as good as I get..I don't want to be a stepmother .... and my own children are grown,gone,fully launched adults.. a new man won't be expected to assume step-father duties. I don't want to be with someone who's a paycheck away from declaring bankruptcy...I have minimal debt and am fully self-supporting.. a new man won't have to pay my way or bail me out!

I am at a certain place in life and am looking for others in similar position.. if you're 60 and you fit that great.. if you're 45 and fill the bill that's great too.

Soso..

Well it will be difficult for you to find someone.. What can anyone tell you?

Many men don't like dancing, skiing, or have the time to travel. Older or younger. Many men like to work, come home, and relax.

I personally like to travel. So I go myself. I can't meet a girl who can take a month or 2 off of work to go with me. If I liked dancing or skiing I would also go myself. If a mate has to like everything I like, then i might as well give up right now. If I met someone I really like, I am flexible, and don't need to take lengthy vacations, or continue certain hobbies.

And I never said you made those comments.. I have just heard them in the past.

• Author

" . . .for instance older women in California look much better than older women in south Texas. But then again, most women in California look better than other states anyway IMO."

Well, there ya go. I'm in California. One warning though -- if you really want to keep a youthful glow -- lather on that sunscreen!

Well, there ya go. I'm in California. One warning though -- if you really want to keep a youthful glow -- lather on that sunscreen!

I'm in California too. I second the sunscreen... very, very true!

Soso..

Well it will be difficult for you to find someone.. What can anyone tell you?

Many men don't like dancing, skiing, or have the time to travel. Older or younger. Many men like to work, come home, and relax.

When my children were small I didn't get to go anywhere, work, run home, cook,clean, get the laundry cranked out, supervise homework,baths etc.. I'm not interested in being with somebody who's idea of the perfect life involves sitting in front of the tv every night while I tend to the mundane tasks that go into running our lives. If that's my only choice, well, I'll guess I'll stay single and just hook up with men for casual sport fscking :D cause I'm not interested in working all day to rush home to cook,clean and caretake for some guy while he "relaxes" staring at the tv :)

When my children were small I didn't get to go anywhere, work, run home, cook,clean, get the laundry cranked out, supervise homework,baths etc.. I'm not interested in being with somebody who's idea of the perfect life involves sitting in front of the tv every night while I tend to the mundane tasks that go into running our lives. If that's my only choice, well, I'll guess I'll stay single and just hook up with men for casual sport fscking :D cause I'm not interested in working all day to rush home to cook,clean and caretake for some guy while he "relaxes" staring at the tv :)

Many older women do just have casual sex from time to time, and do their own thing.. Many men with energy, money, and looks simply prefer younger women. I guess thats life.. Women have some advantages, and so do men.

Since when is a man supposed to be your entertainer? What about company, sex, sleeping together every night, etc.. It's not really your future boyfriends fault you need to make up for lost time in the fun department.

When they say that men their age arent compatible with them in terms of health and energy what they really mean is that men their age dont perform as well sexually

That may be, but its still just as superficial as not wanting an older woman because her body doesnt look or feel as good as a younger woman

It still boils down to hypocrisy. You guys dont want men your age and you essentially find them worthless to you, but when men a few years younger than you say they prefer younger women you cant handle it

Many older women do just have casual sex from time to time, and do their own thing.. Many men with energy, money, and looks simply prefer younger women. I guess thats life.. Women have some advantages, and so do men.

Since when is a man supposed to be your entertainer? What about company, sex, sleeping together every night, etc.. It's not really your future boyfriends fault you need to make up for lost time in the fun department.

Why sit at home staring at the side of a man's head as he watches the tv or worse, busy myself cleaning and cooking for him while he does so? I'll gladly go out by myself and he can sit at home with the TV. Everybody gets what they want then:)

btw, there's no "company" involved in sitting around with a man staring trance like at the TV and I'd rather sleep alone, it's more restful for both people.

And to top it off...

Older men are typically pretty generous with younger females. They might take them to nice restaurants, on vacations, and often times even buy them expensive items such as jewelry, a car, etc etc.

Now since older women now feel they "deserve" younger men, and there should be no double standard, are they also willing to foot the bill?

Soso, then stay single and go out every night.. Problem solved..

And to top it off...

Older men are typically pretty generous with younger females. They might take them to nice restaurants, on vacations, and often times even buy them expensive items such as jewelry, a car, etc etc.

Now since older women now feel they "deserve" younger men, and there should be no double standard, are they also willing to foot the bill?

Soso, then stay single and go out every night.. Problem solved..

news flash my soon to be ex-husband hasn't work steadily in years, I've been paying all the bills and am quite used to it.

I totally get that men want to fsck,firm,young,hot big titted chica's and I have no problem with that.

What I do have a problem with is the notion that I should grovel and beg and get down on my knees slobbering in gratitude because any man at all lowers himself enough to go out with me.

look in life we pay for all the choices we make.. if I am faced with the following 2 options.

1. date man in his 60's, spend my life in stiffling boredom, cooking,cleaning and caretaking just to be able to say that I have a partner... and very possibly also end up subsidizing him as well.

2. Pay to support a younger man and live an interesting life

sorry but I will choose option number 2 gladly:)

news flash my soon to be ex-husband hasn't work steadily in years, I've been paying all the bills and am quite used to it.

I totally get that men want to fsck,firm,young,hot big titted chica's and I have no problem with that.

What I do have a problem with is the notion that I should grovel and beg and get down on my knees slobbering in gratitude because any man at all lowers himself enough to go out with me.

look in life we pay for all the choices we make.. if I am faced with the following 2 options.

1. date man in his 60's, spend my life in stiffling boredom, cooking,cleaning and caretaking just to be able to say that I have a partner

2. Pay to support a younger man and live an interesting life

sorry but I will choose option number 2 gladly:)

Then choose number 2.. But keep in mind not many younger men really want to settle for that either.. You could give me 1 million dollars, and I would much rather be broke and date a woman my age or younger.

Then choose number 2.. But keep in mind not many younger men really want to settle for that either.. You could give me 1 million dollars, and I would much rather be broke and date a woman my age or younger.

What response it it you're looking for here ? I get the feeling that you want to see older women sobbing and ripping out their hair,admitting that we're ugly and repulsive creatures.

If I cannot find a partner similar to me in lifestyle, energy levels and health status then I will gladly stay alone.. no partner is better than hooking out with with somebody I have nothing in common with with just to avoid being alone.

I agree.. Just be happy with yourself, and more likely than not, you will meet someone. You said you go out every night, so if you are out, I am guessing you go out around people your same age. And if they are also out, chances are they are not couch potatoes. I am just saying, I don't think trying to trick the system by going younger is a practical long term move.

I mean, the older man and younger woman can still have a family, so it makes more sense, if they choose.

I agree.. Just be happy with yourself, and more likely than not, you will meet someone. You said you go out every night, so if you are out, I am guessing you go out around people your same age. And if they are also out, chances are they are not couch potatoes. I am just saying, I don't think trying to trick the system by going younger is a practical long term move.

I mean, the older man and younger woman can still have a family, so it makes more sense, if they choose.

I don't use any sort of "system" to organize my social life. I take people as I find them and I'm blessed with a generous, good hearted nature, I like having a good time and making people comfortable,those attitudes have won me a lot of good friends both male and female over the years.

Once you hit 50.. there's not a lot of difference between 45-50.. I'm not interested in cruising for 25 year olds ,just stating that I wouldn't exclude a guy because he was 5-7 yrs my junior.

What about 55-57? Trust me, I know you would not be excluding guys younger.. I mean in a few years he will be 50, then you will be 57...Is that when he should trade you in? I guess it depends on if you want it to last.

What about 55-57? Trust me, I know you would not be excluding guys younger.. I mean in a few years he will be 50, then you will be 57...Is that when he should trade you in? I guess it depends on if you want it to last.

I'm not excluding men my age or a couple years older either.. again it boils down to lifestyle. A 57 yr old man with health problems, who doesn't share ANY of my interests isn't going to interest me.. but neither is an unhealthy 45 year old who has no interests in common with me either.

I'm not interested in hooking up with a man,any man, just to say I've got somebody or to avoid being alone

I understand..

But if I say "57" you think of health problems. You feel they don't have as much energy etc.

Well magnify that feeling by 10, and thats how men who are 45 feel about women in their 50's.

Men can do the age tabulation in their heads too...

"Ok in 10 years I will be 55, and my wife can be 45, or 65???? HMMMM whats better?

Well good. If a lot of younger women like older men (I never did, but I do now that I am older) then that leaves a lot of younger men who can't find partners their own age.

It's all starting to add up.

Umm, I don't think so; they are more likely to also look for women younger than themselves..

Which takes us back to the same older man - younger woman situation..

I understand..

But if I say "57" you think of health problems. You feel they don't have as much energy etc.

Well magnify that feeling by 10, and thats how men who are 45 feel about women in their 50's.

Men can do the age tabulation in their heads too...

"Ok in 10 years I will be 55, and my wife can be 45, or 65???? HMMMM whats better?

Again, I am at a loss here, what do you want me to say..oh yes vonk, I'd be so fscking grateful to get the chance to suck cock again that I'll gladly date that 80 yr old man,pay his bills and change his diapers and oh yes vonk, I'll still be so terribly lucky because after all I'm a used up old pig and oughta be grateful to have a man, any man no matter how little we share or have in common?

Is that the response you're looking for?

No not at all..

I have an older sister who is 40... If she is single at 50, I would much prefer her to be treasured by a man her age or older, for the rest of her life than...

1. To pay younger guys for sex

2. To be screwed for a few years until she is too old

3. Or to be alone

If she then has all kinds of expectations, of travelling, going dancing every night, going skiing, beoing entertained, etc, then it is her own problem..

Umm, I don't think so; they are more likely to also look for women younger than themselves..

Which takes us back to the same older man - younger woman situation..

then we older gals we just have to content ourselves with staying alone then won't we?

When my mother passed away, my father started dating at 68. (They had me at a late age)

He met a woman who was 60, and they have been together for the past 8 years. He is now 76, and they still go dancing, out to eat, etc. Are they behaving like 20 year olds? no.

No not at all..

I have an older sister who is 40... If she is single at 50, I would much prefer her to be treasured by a man her age or older, for the rest of her life than...

1. To pay younger guys for sex

2. To be screwed for a few years until she is too old

3. Or to be alone

If she then has all kinds of expectations, of travelling, going dancing every night, going skiing, beoing entertained, etc, then it is her own problem..

that man who's many years older than her is probably going to end up "treasuring"your sister because she provides him with bed baths, diaper changes and admisters his medications.. chances are very good that he'll die several years sooner than she does..leaving her alone in the end anyway...if in the years before he died, he and your sister had minimal common interests that they could share aside from his need for somebody to cook,clean,caretake and pony up her share of the bills..then your sister will have basically lived alone thru out their time together anyway.

I want a full,rich life I want to travel, go out to eat,have friends over to dinner.. those goals are not excessive or unreasonable,I've completed my education, reared my children. I want someone who shares in the things I enjoy,not just somebody I hooked up with out of being afraid of being alone.

One thing I've learned over the years is this..there is no worse feeling than lying next to somebody in the dark hours of the night and realizing that you share so little in terms of believes,hobbies, goals that you might as well be in different zip codes.

If I can't find a partner to share in this sort of life with me, then I'll gladly stay alone it's better than the above.

LOL

When did I say "Many years older?" I said "her age or older". But even in your scenario, I would rather her love, and be loved, than sleeping with random younger men and being used for sex. Or being in a relationship up until she is a certain age, then being dumped when her options are almost non existent.

If you can have a successful relationship with an active younger man, then go for it.