I heard from Denver guy

burning 4 revenge
Maybe one day I won't care about Denver guy.

But until I do I'll keep on writing and trying to find out everything I can about him.

Good on you Ariadne! Never give up on love :love:
  • Author
Yes but isn't perception one's reality? If A doesn't perceive that there's even a problem, then in her eyes there just isn't a problem and therefore nothing to "fix."

Some people take drugs to achieve that kind of state of mind. Ariadne comes by it naturally!;)

Thank you Touche.

You really get me.

Now I think this with Denver guy:

--------

Yes, it is true that everyone is participating in a Synergistic Energy eXchange in every moment. But I agree with you -- this is different. I believe that "soul mates" are "connected" in an entirely different way, a larger way, a deeper way than two human beings who simply happen to meet.

I think they are, quite literally, two expressions of the Same Energy Unit. I think it is as if a cluster of energy from God was busted up somehow, and then a couple of the pieces from that cluster floated in the ether back to each other. Of course, they "recognize" each other immediately. They feel the same, they act the same, they think the same, they ARE the same!

The connection is exquisite, inexplicable, and undeniable. When such a thing occurs, everyone else had better get out of the way, because there is hardly a force in the Universe that can stop the reuniting of such souls at some level. This does not necessarily have to be physical or sexual, but it will be palpable and very present in their experience.

The Otherhood is not just a street, it is a whole environment. It is the environment of the soul, and the atmosphere is, as I said, very rare.

• Author
One big problem I see is this: Ariadne keeps changing her story.

No, I really didn't.

During the whole year that I was writing with Denver guy I asked him a million times in every possible way if he didn't want me. (So that I could move on).

He'd deny it every time and just say that he was confused.

He only told me those things (you posted) two weeks before he got engaged, when he was getting together with her and she was reading the emails.

• Author
Fact that she's written him and he replied has made it worse and brought this thing alive again, feeding her feelings and making more intense...Only way this will end is either she wakes up and realizes he is NOT jumping on a plane and coming to her or he gets a restraining order against her.

That's true.

Now that I heard from him I got all excited.

But I'm sort of excited also that this is close to the end of Denver guy. Because now if he is "not" with her and still couldn't give a sht about me, then I'd move on.

• Author
Actually, the culprit here is not Ariadne but DG himself and his paranoid and immoral girl friend. Splashing "private" pictures all over the net of a girl you once had a connection with, whatever that connection was, is downright cruel not to mention illegal.

Is ok Marlena.

I don't fault him for that because I know he'd never do something like that.

That was her doing, and I suppose that's the way she acts in these situations so you can't fault her either.

Good thing they removed those and besides, it was not like I was going to write to him forever. I can't imagine he'd be so interested in my emails while he was with her anyway.

• Author
He is going to get his GED and this is OK with you? Focus on being a good mom and getting him back in school and get his life on track of furthering his education past a GED instead of obsessing

Yeah, he is going to ged school now.

We are pretty much disappointed with the system and the establishment. That's a part of all this too.

just want to say Ariadne, I've been following this whole thread and I have absolutely nothing to say.

I could opine, like most here, that it would be best for you to move on, but then, this fixation you have on Denver Guy obviously serves a purpose in your life.

I am not familiar with your story I knew about Denver Guy of course, but only vaguely. For instance, I didn't know nothing ever happened between you two. How did you meet him? Why have you fallen so hard for him?

• Author

As soon as things ended with the gf (hence the re-newed need for an ago feed) he choose to reply to her e-mails after 2 years or so of no contact. Knowing the depth of Ariadne's infatuation, that was a pretty cruel thing to do.

Oh no!.... :(

• Author
How did you meet him? Why have you fallen so hard for him?

I met him in a forum, actually.

And I fell for him because of the connection that I felt when I was with him.

:(

• Author
Are you definitively saying to her that you're not her soulmate and never will be so maybe, just maybe, she can move on with her life? Are you telling her point-blank that there's no hope...EVER, that you're not interested in having a romantic relationship with her?

Thank you.

Actually, I asked him those questions and he responded.

The problem is that the only time that he actually did (without saying he was confused) was when he was getting engaged.

So for me, they didn't count.

• Author

Oh yeah...

And here are the emails I sent to Denver guy today that he ignored:

-----------------

DG: Dunno--last time around it seemed like when I did respond, you felt like I shouldn't be responding to you and then you'd had a friend of yours sending me angry notes for having written back to you.

:(

I didn't have a friend send you angry notes.

But yeah, writing to you was very risky for me. See what happened. You ended up with the love of your life and me loving you forever.

All for writing to you. And knowing you.

-----------------

Well,

Not that there was much for me to do anyway. Some things just happen.

But at the time it felt like I was puting my life at risk, like I'll be single forever etc.

I don't care about those things anymore, but then I did, and it seemed like I could avoid it.

------------------

Trialbyfire
Thank you.

Actually, I asked him those questions and he responded.

The problem is that the only time that he actually did (without saying he was confused) was when he was getting engaged.

So for me, they didn't count.

Ariadne, how many times have you read about words to actions on LS? Getting engaged is an action which synched with his words. Why wouldn't you accept it?

But at the time it felt like I was puting my life at risk, like I'll be single forever etc.

I don't care about those things anymore, but then I did, and it seemed like I could avoid it.

------------------

uh? your fixated on Denver guy because you felt like you would be single forever? like he would help you avoid being single???

Ariadne, what's your dating history? How long were you single before meeting Denver Guy?

• Author
Ariadne, how many times have you read about words to actions on LS? Getting engaged is an action which synched with his words. Why wouldn't you accept it?

Yes, but that relationship seemed like it was not going to last to me. They have nothing to do. I knew it was not true love.

But when I met him, he told me that he was bound on a promise to her.

Here is part of his email:

----------

When I proposed to ex., I told her I could be patient. She asked me to define "patience." Patience is having an ex-shaped place in my life and my heart where no one else can fit. Patience is knowing she's irreplaceable.

When I touch you, that's real. When I've spent the day calling stores and driving around to find the right bear for you, that's real. Feeling happy when I've done something that made you happy is real. Thinking you're terrific is real, too.

I still would like you to be happy--and you very much deserve all the happiness in the world--I just don't know the right way to do that.

• Author
uh? your fixated on Denver guy because you felt like you would be single forever? like he would help you avoid being single???

Ariadne, what's your dating history? How long were you single before meeting Denver Guy?

No no no no

He told me that he didn't want me to flip flop with the email (in his recent response).

What happened was that "when" I was writing to him I tried and stop corresponding in every possible way, but I couldn't.

So I'd get mad at him sometimes.

That was just me worrying at the time that I was going to get sucked in and stuck. As it happened, that now I don't care to date anybody because he was it for me.

Trialbyfire
Yes, but that relationship seemed like it was not going to last to me. They have nothing to do. I knew it was not true love.

But when I met him, he told me that he was bound on a promise to her.

Here is part of his email:

----------

When I proposed to ex., I told her I could be patient. She asked me to define "patience." Patience is having an ex-shaped place in my life and my heart where no one else can fit. Patience is knowing she's irreplaceable.

When I touch you, that's real. When I've spent the day calling stores and driving around to find the right bear for you, that's real. Feeling happy when I've done something that made you happy is real. Thinking you're terrific is real, too.

I still would like you to be happy--and you very much deserve all the happiness in the world--I just don't know the right way to do that.

Pretty words Ariadne. How did he back this up with actions?

• Author
Pretty words Ariadne. How did he back this up with actions?

He waited for her and when she decided to go for him a year later they got engaged?

Trialbyfire
He waited for her and when she decided to go for him a year later they got engaged?

So he typed pretty words to you but didn't back them up with positive actions to you.

Does this sound like a soulmate?

• Author
So he typed pretty words to you but didn't back them up with positive actions to you.

Does this sound like a soulmate?

Given the choice between loyalty and love, he'd go for loyalty.

I know, I'm messed up.

burning 4 revenge

And you shouldn't date anyone else. You belong to him forever. You show your eternal love through your sacrifice.

Remember that

• Author
For instance, I didn't know nothing ever happened between you two.

We did kiss, stare into each other's eyes, said sweet things, caressed. In fact, we couldn't keep our hands off each other.

Trialbyfire
Given the choice between loyalty and love, he'd go for loyalty.

I know, I'm messed up.

Look Ariadne. From what I've experienced with men, there are plenty who are wonderful with words, making you feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Words are easy. It's when they follow up those words with definitive action that you know they're serious.

Don't let pretty words affect the rest of your life. Start living Ariadne.

• Author
A, what is your relationship background before DG?

Well, I never felt that I found true love the way I did with him.

I'd had crushes, relationships, marriages, fwbs, etc, nothing came close.

Well, I never felt that I found true love the way I did with him.

I'd had crushes, relationships, marriages, fwbs, etc, nothing came close.

How many marriages? Were your relationship good ones? Stable? Reciprocated?

I understand that you stand firm on non being like DG , but were your relationships sable before hand . Had you been alone for a long time?