I heard from Denver guy

Not exactly. It depends on how far they went but I'm not going to go there!

Actually, I thought of that but didn't want to go there either. I had an ex like this. A very disturbing man. Thank God I got out of that R with just a few minor scrtahes. My friends here on LS and IRL were a tremendous help and I owe them a debt of gratitude.

Ariadne, when I had something similar happen to me, I really took people's advice on here on board. I can't tell you how much they helped me.

I realized early on that the man in question had serious mental issues and I wanted to rid myself of the obsession I was beginning to develop for him. I guess that's the difference between us. I wanted not to extricate myself from the situation because I realized that I was dealing with someone very unstable. This frightened me. He frightened me. He still does.

I wish you would step back and find that strong, independent,confident, intelligent woman who raised a son all on her own.

OK, besides the one or two troll members (they have been permanently banned) who were messing with this thread it has seriously veered off topic. After more than 800 replies I feel that Ariadne should have what she needed to get out of it. Unfortunately because of the abuse of some members and the inability to stay on topic, this thread is closed.

As a side note, it is absolutely a miracle that any posts are on topic after this many posts in a thread. CONGRATULATIONS to those who kept on topic!!!