I heard from Denver guy

whichwayisup
A- you know that the naysayers on here actually want you to be happy and are only trying to inject a dose of reality into this recent turn of events, don't you.

We do care. In our own little ways.

This is very true.

Noone wants to see you get hurt - So please, keep your eyes open and shield your heart.

Trialbyfire

It's very difficult for me to have compassion for Ariadne because of some of the deliberate malice that she's spewed at me but I will try.

Stepping back from my own feelings about her, my advice still remains for her to go for it. I doubt her obsession will stop until she's hit rock bottom and finally realizes that this man isn't her soulmate and doesn't share her passion or investment. The only person who can convince her that it was nothing but a fantasy, is him and even then, I'm uncertain if this is possible. I think she sees him as her saviour from assorted woes in her life.

• Author
It's very difficult for me to have compassion for Ariadne because of some of the deliberate malice that she's spewed at me but I will try.

Stepping back from my own feelings about her, my advice still remains for her to go for it. I doubt her obsession will stop until she's hit rock bottom and finally realizes that this man isn't her soulmate and doesn't share her passion or investment. The only person who can convince her that it was nothing but a fantasy, is him and even then, I'm uncertain if this is possible. I think she sees him as her saviour from assorted woes in her life.

Thank you TBF.

(I don't have any malice for you, we just think differently in some things).

But he already stopped writing, probably soon I'll forget this.

Trialbyfire
Thank you TBF.

(I don't have any malice for you, we just think differently in some things).

But he already stopped writing, probably soon I'll forget this.

Glad to hear that you bear no malice or spitefulness towards me. I look forward to no more snippy comments for no reason at all.

I've never cared that you had a differing opinion. It's what drives LS, a buffet of options for the posters. Some of your opinions have been unusual and insightful.

You know what this reminds me of? My mom once said to me that the only way I was ever going to get my ex out of my system for good was to marry him.

Guess what?

I did, and she was right.

Total disaster.

Look...any man who leaves you for someone else...ex or otherwise, and comes back, is NOT yoru soulmate.

Or they would have never left in the first place.

Second chances are a crock.

Always.

burning 4 revenge
No, I want Denver guy or nobody else.

I'd be glad to be his penpal forever even.

How pathetic

Howcome you love him so much more than yourself? Haven't you heard the adage that love starts with loving yourself?

If you dont even love yourself then what good is your love to him? You are in essence saying you have no respect or self love and so if you love him why would you want to offer him something so worthless as a woman who can't even respect herself?

• Author

Look...any man who leaves you for someone else...ex or otherwise, and comes back, is NOT yoru soulmate.

Or they would have never left in the first place.

Second chances are a crock.

Always.

This is not second chances because we never got started. He didn't want to have a relationship because he promised the ex that he'd wait and we never had sex.

Anyway, he was just saying hi and not even. Because he stopped writing it seems. It lasted little my excitement.

• Author
How pathetic

Howcome you love him so much more than yourself? Haven't you heard the adage that love starts with loving yourself?

If you dont even love yourself then what good is your love to him? You are in essence saying you have no respect or self love and so if you love him why would you want to offer him something so worthless as a woman who can't even respect herself?

I welcome any contact from him.

I'm not the NC crowd.

This is not second chances because we never got started. He didn't want to have a relationship because he promised the ex that he'd wait and we never had sex.

Anyway, he was just saying hi and not even. Because he stopped writing it seems. It lasted little my excitement.

But yet this is who you describe as your "soulmate?"

burning 4 revenge

I'm confused :confused:

Ariadne, did he ever give you any indication that he had any romantic inclinations towards you at all?

Or was just a friend you had a crush on?

• Author
But yet this is who you describe as your "soulmate?"

I don't know. I wrote to him 3 times and he doesn't reply.

Is something spiritual, I can't describe.

• Author
I'm confused :confused:

Ariadne, did he ever give you any indication that he had any romantic inclinations towards you at all?

Or was just a friend you had a crush on?

It was like, him saying he couldn't have a relationship, and then we'd kiss and that kind of stuff.

You have written him 3 times since yesterday ?

• Author
You have written him 3 times since yesterday ?

Well, yeah. He didn't reply so I thought I asked something inapropriate.

But now I think he is not writing anymore?

Well, yeah. He didn't reply so I thought I asked something inapropriate.

But now I think he is not writing anymore?

No more emails Ariadne..... No more.. I think you have taken his willingness to respond to your one email as something that isn't there...

No more emails.. if he doesn't email you then don't email him.. Got it ?

Lookingforward
No more emails Ariadne..... No more.. I think you have taken his willingness to respond to your one email as something that isn't there...

No more emails.. if he doesn't email you then don't email him.. Got it ?

You enjoy talking to brick walls huh ? :bunny:

Oh yeah, and I responded to Denver guy last night, asking him what happened with his relationship and if he was not engaged anymore, and he didn't respond.

And when he read that, he realized that you had been cyberstalking him.

The e-mail right after the break-up...the question about his engagement.

He can't be that stupid.

You never had a relationship, Ariadne. It's all in your head. I always thought you HAD been commited to each other and then broke up and he went back to the ex. This is seriously wrong on too many levels.

But I agree with TBF: rock bottom. It's your only chance.

And when he read that, he realized that you had been cyberstalking him.

The e-mail right after the break-up...the question about his engagement.

He can't be that stupid.

You never had a relationship, Ariadne. It's all in your head. I always thought you HAD been commited to each other and then broke up and he went back to the ex. This is seriously wrong on too many levels.

But I agree with TBF: rock bottom. It's your only chance.

I was under the same impression NM. I am at a loss A that you have been basically "stalking" denver guy for two years and never had a relationship with him at all. It makes you seem very scary.

Something spiritual..?...like emptying the ocean with a teaspoon?

To give advice like you give...

He just doesn't love you. Never will. He is not that into you. Deal with it.

Now for the softer blow:

Ariadne, I think you are a hopeless romantic and naive yet insightful on many topics.

I could give you tips (games) to lure him in temporarly but it would serve no purpose. This dog won't hunt.

The hopeless romantic thing ALWAYS ends in tragedy by it's own definition. It cannot last. It's existence in is the half empty philosophy. A constant deperate (if only) feel. It is a blackhole, the eternal white rabbit chase and nothing more...and it is your own doing. Honestly, if you got him, you might loose interest after the win/capture.

You have a sadness about you. No one wants to be the fill/cure to that.

Actually, he is actually being pretty cool to not take advantage of your offer/interest by not replying. Leave him to his life. For you.

It may not be what you consider a second chance but it is a second offer. In that regard I agree with Touche. If he didn't want you the first time and is hesitant on a second offer then ...come on girl. Shop somewhere else. He is not he only superficial muscle bound blonde around.

You can hate me for this post. I actually like you. What I say is with caring.

You seem to sacrifice so much for a 'what if' and that is just...weak. I smell it from here. Not attractive.

You can do better. If you want to stand up and do it.

You don't even know him. Stalking might have given you factual information, but that does not an entire human being make.

He is not what you think he is. Basically, judging from what you write about your life in general, I think you chose to love Denver Guy because it is the easy way out. You don't need to be afraid of emotions, because you won't have any, since you already found your soulmate. Also, it gives you a good reason to feel sorry for yourself. No matter how you lived your life, separated from your soulmate everything would be meaningless anyway, so no need to try.

It's a safety measure.

Wake up.

I am not sugar-coating this, because neither would you. As underpants, I bear you no malice.

bootylicious

Ariadne, I have been following your story about Denver Guy and I agree with everyone else who has posted on this thread.

A - you seem like a nice person. You can do so much better than this man. There are other guys out there who would worship the ground you walk on, it is just you who is not opening your mind because you are holding onto this hope that Denver Guy will return your love.

It is not going to happen.

Please block his email address and try to move on. It will not be easy but you will come out a lot stronger on the other side.

Learn to love yourself Ariadne - you know you deserve better than this. :)

BlueEyedGirl

You guys don't understand that sometimes loving someone unattainable is better than loving noone at all. Maybe Ariadne doesn't want to move on from this because her life would be even emptier then. I have been there multiple times and I'm sure Ariadne knows on some level that it's just a fantasy. Some of us really don't want to be bothered with say dating sites or going out with almost anyone who asks us. It's either prince charming or nothing - and we are fine with nothing too.

Ariadne,

Wow! I am gone for three days and Denver guy gets in touch! Maybe I should go away more often, huh?

You know you are one of my favourites on LS. I am happy for you if you are happy. If this is making you sad, then, I wish I could find a way to help you let go of your obsesssion/infatuation with this guy. Of course, you have idolized him because that is just who you are...an incurable romantic, a "stubborn" Ariadne waiting patiently for her Theseus to realize how much he loves her. But alas, you know the end to that story... Perhaps marrying Dionysus wasn't such a bad thing after all.

I know that you have a very strong mind of your own so I won't bother to give you any advice. Just a wish that he comes to you or that you finally wake up from your sleep in Naxos!:love:

You guys don't understand that sometimes loving someone unattainable is better than loving noone at all. Maybe Ariadne doesn't want to move on from this because her life would be even emptier then. I have been there multiple times and I'm sure Ariadne knows on some level that it's just a fantasy. Some of us really don't want to be bothered with say dating sites or going out with almost anyone who asks us. It's either prince charming or nothing - and we are fine with nothing too.

Whoa, ol' Blue Eyes, you've hit me right between my hazel ones!! Given me a lot to think about in my own situation. Maybe there's some need I have to admire & desire someone who is off-limits. Unlike Ariadne, I'm not doing anything about my obsession. It is a very strange state of being for me, not to act on something that is so overwhelming and has me so convinced that he is the Be-All and End-All of all males on the planet. How I've learned to live this way is beyond my comprehension. At least Ariadne is more up-front about it. I have to hide everything, and set up decoys for everyone else (including him) so they won't catch on. And I'm not even convinced that I have everyone fooled.

My wish for Ariadne (and for myself) is that someone else will come along and make us forget all about Mr. Distant.

My wish for Ariadne (and for myself) is that someone else will come along and make us forget all about Mr. Distant.

Mine for the both of you! Hey, and mine really come true! Seriously! ;)