So what religions are we all?

were you drinking when you wrote this, or ..what do you mean?

I think it could be rates for a handjob, blowjob, and sex. Not sure about the order. And not sure what tight means. Tight as a camel's arse in a sandstorm?

You quited from Christianity:( . could be possible you were brainwashed by Satan?:p

I admit it, the devil made me do it! :lmao:

HokeyReligions
You mean in your opinion man created god, right? You're not trying to state such a thing as a matter of fact are you?

No. I'm stating it as a matter of fact.

HokeyReligions
That's why I bring up brainwash evertime their is a god or religion thread. The U.S. does the same thing, but are a little more coceiling and clever about it.

Oh, I don't know - I think the Muslim's are much better at it and especially in the middle east where they use torture as a means of control, and in the early part of the last century when another group created an entire infrastructure for destroying what they also considered 'inferior' humans.

The human species is a vile and violent species that uses human weaknesses - that of developing belief and worship patterns - to control and establish dominance over other humans, at an individual level to a global level. At least in that we are all united.

InsanityImpaired
when another group created an entire infrastructure for destroying what they also considered 'inferior' humans.

Partly inspired by the US way of indigenous population control.

HokeyReligions
Man created God? Did man created the universe and himself? :)

The universe was not created by a being - sentient or supernatural. No one knows the beginning of the universe.

So how the universe formed? so acurate that a little error there would not have human being and any other being.

Rationalism is your God?

I don't have a "god" I don't need one. Life forms continually evolve. Species come and go. Humans have not been around for very long actually. Ever wonder why there is only one form of hominid species when there are many different forms of other species? Evolution.

Did you read Bible? maybe you did. In Bible Jesus mentioned after he went to Heaven, he will send Holy Spirit to those who believe him. He said the world will not recognize Him until Holy Spirit is in them, and teach them the things about God and Jesus on daily basis. Did you hear the testimonies? many people were healed physically and mentally at the spot because they believed in him even nowadays. All Bible and Jesus proclaim is LOVE God and LOVE one another, how can he seperate it? Jesus want to warn the world be careful to the evil spirit who only purpose is to ruin people's life and prevent them to connect to God.
Yes I read it. I've read lots of interesting books. The characters in the Bible are an interesting historical study of human sociology.

I myself did not believe there is an invisible world not mention God as I was born in a communist country. I had hard time before when I was in a foreign country alone. but there were "someting" warned me when there would have bad thing happen to me. but I didn't believe it, so I met a accident, after that I began to believe there is an invible world. Later some Christian sisters tell me about God and Jesus, "something" always warned me shows great joy.

And why did Jesus and his followers prefer die than quit? why they were willing to be crucified for a lie if you think they are telling a lie? If Jesus seek glory by saying he is God, then he must have a bigg ego, but who have big ego would willing to sacrificed his own life?

I'm sorry about your accident. I hope you are well now. Many people die for their beliefs. It's a human trait - not one I attribute to some supernatural being.

We cannot see the invisible world does not mean it doesn't exist. If you willing to hear those testimonies, and please DON'T miss that chance. WHAT IF ....and a little more study you will get your answer.

God LOVE YOU.

There are a lot of things that we can't see and yet we know exists. There is a lot yet to be discovered in both the world around us and withing our physical bodies. Who knows what a human will be like and be capable of in a thousand years.

I have studied the Bible and other religions. I'm not a bible scholar by any means, but the more I learn the more I attribute the stories to being just that - stories. I respect that you believe in them or attribute some greater power to them - many people do. I don't.

Very well put HR. I whole-heartedly agree. ;)

I started out Christian, was baptised Catholic and went to Catholic schools. I've researched tons of religions. I have found many religions that have a touch of something I believe in but nothing that works. Especially being an Atheist.

Witchcraft has a lot of interesting theories about energy and free will but I wouldn't call myself a witch.

The bible?? Wonderful stories...written, edited and selected by a bunch of old men that wanted the worship of women/Goddesses to disappear. How do you know whats true?

Ever wonder why there is only one form of hominid species when there are many different forms of other species? Evolution.

i am totally against the argument that humans are simply highly-evolved animals. there is no evidence for it. biologically, all life on earth shares certain traits. indeed, anything surviving on this planet would be expected to share some common biological traits necessary to support life in this little corner of the universe.

but mentally, humans and animals are very different. animals have neither self-awareness or imagination - two of the traits that define what it is to be human. if all life evolved from similar organisms into different species, we would logically not be the only species who had the capacity to imagine situations which have not yet happened, or to adapt and create our environment in ways to suit us. if we were animals, if evolution created this ability, other animals would share it. they don't. none of them.

as a side issue, it's not correct to think that humans are simply more evolved than other species. dolphins are perfectly adapted to their environment - they are evolved to the max, if you like. given enough time they wouldn't advance and become human. evolution is just the study of adaptability, it is not the proof that humans were once monkeys.

chimps, for example, widely thought of as our closest animal cousins, show no signs of being truly self-aware. yes, some (about 75%) seem to recognise a reflection in a mirror as looking like them, but this is a million miles away from having the capacity to think about yourself in a productive or adaptive way, to be able to think about 'thinking', or of being able to look at and be aware of your existence objectively, which are all facets built into human intelligence and awareness.

such a leap in consciousness between humans and animals cannot be rationalised away by claiming were are more evolved. simply put, we are not more evolved than animals, we are an entirely different species to animals. we have genuine self-awareness and imagination. those abilities alone separate us from the animal kingdom by an almost unimaginable gulf. if evolution defines the animal kingdom, what defines being human is not being subject to it.

humans can imagine an environment that doesn't yet exist, and create it to suit them. animals can only adapt to an environment that already exists or die. i can see this gulf is inconvenient for atheists, because if human's aren't highly-adapted animals, what are we? but that is not my problem. all the evidence points to the fact that animals and humans are very different species.

I'm Jewish, how about you? *is nosey*

PS is there a poll function in this forum and am I being very stupid for not being able to see it?

I’m Gentile...follower of Christ... Washed in the Blood of the Lamb.

Carrying His Torch* Jesus is the light of the world…His Word is light;

The word is the way to Salvation; Salvation is through Jesus.

God Bless

Oh, I don't know - I think the Muslim's are much better at it and especially in the middle east where they use torture as a means of control, and in the early part of the last century when another group created an entire infrastructure for destroying what they also considered 'inferior' humans.

The human species is a vile and violent species that uses human weaknesses - that of developing belief and worship patterns - to control and establish dominance over other humans, at an individual level to a global level. At least in that we are all united.

I did not talk about other religions. and bunch of groups wanted to use of certain religion to control over people doesn't mean these groups represents the religion.

From what you said here, you did not read Bible well, sorry be blunt:p . In the Bible it focus on personal relationship with God (yes, every person could and should have relationship with God if you seek HIM), and NOT the system or orgnizations, or certain prist or pastor, because the pastors are human being too, so they might make mistakes, so does orgnizations (these orgnizations and pastors are supposed to strenghen people and support people). where come the "control" issue? if say control, then God is in control, HE want you to do things right and protect you from harm from sin. and Jesus warned his followers to be aware of false teachers. and He came to set people free from sins,

idols (for example:

1. money: in this case Money is your God. if a be believer love money more than Jesus, then the believer is not His follower. Love Jesus means at any time a believer would be willing to sacrifice his own selfish desire to help other people, to do what is right in God's eyes.

2. needs to please other people: if so then you treat other people as God, we all know today's young ones so want to be accepted by other sex that they can do anything to just please them, if they know God love them so much, then they won't do things so self-destructively

3. set people from the other people's nagetive opinion to you: if you put focus on other people's negative opinion then you see their opinions as God.

so in the Bible God said "don't worship other gods but me", since God is mercy, loving, and no darkness in him

As you know, the ancient Rome before Jesus came to the world, how cruel people were! on the contrary to what you think, Christiality saved humanity that you and I don't have to live a world like ancient Rome.

establish dominance over other humans

I heard some pastors said about dominance, but next he said who want take dominance who serve people first. when he said dominance he meant love dominance over, patience dominance over, and what wrong with this?

Seems you put all bad things in history on Christality which true Christiality were not responsible. those who use of religion did bad things only proved that Satan can go anywhere in any form to cheat people. So that is important to have personal relationship with God.

I wish I can say better, sorry

The universe was not created by a being - sentient or supernatural. No one knows the beginning of the universe.

I'm sorry about your accident. I hope you are well now.

Seems you are pretty sure the universe was not created by a supernatural :p

Thank you :). I am totally fine, that was a bycicle accident.

I respect your belief too. and didn't want to change you or anything, just share. if I sounded like, please bear me :D

Oh, I don't know - I think the Muslim's are much better at it and especially in the middle east where they use torture as a means of control,

ha ha hah, Israelis have acknowledged they utililze "torture" to get info out of their prisoners. ah hahaa h a ha. And if you look at facts you will see that Chrisitians have caused 100 times the problems that Moslems have, ha ahh ahah. Get your facts straight please.

and in the early part of the last century when another group created an entire infrastructure for destroying what they also considered 'inferior' humans.

its ok to say it HR.... you mean the CHRISTIAN NAZIS. Don't be shy.

so if no one knows you cannot say it was not created by a being. maybe it was? its highly unlike but still a possibility if we really don't know.

The bible?? Wonderful stories...written, edited and selected by a bunch of old men that wanted the worship of women/Goddesses to disappear. How do you know whats true?

:D cute

well, Holy Spirit said Jesus is God's son is true

what is true?

Okay, try to ask "Jesus, if you are living and true God, show me you are real", then probably you will get answer

I'm sorry about your accident. I hope you are well now.

oh, I wanted to edit, but the page won't allow. so, yes, my wrist was hurt badly at that time, but it is ok now

Atheist. Don't care for religion.

But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven. (Mathew 10:33

I am a man of faith but religion is too political. I believe in god and a higher power but I don't believe that you have to follow a certain religion or vote a certain way to be a true believer.

I am a man of faith but religion is too political. I believe in god and a higher power but I don't believe that you have to follow a certain religion or vote a certain way to be a true believer.

in my heart i know you're right. :)

But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven. (Mathew 10:33

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooh I'm scared.

Not.

I basically was born in to a religion. Not that any of us really followed it, I think my mom just did it to be a good mom. Were good people though, and I'm never going to follow a religion. There are so many out there, and each one thinks their right. I have a good heart, believe it " a higher power "( god ) and thats all.

i am totally against the argument that humans are simply highly-evolved animals. there is no evidence for it. biologically, all life on earth shares certain traits. indeed, anything surviving on this planet would be expected to share some common biological traits necessary to support life in this little corner of the universe.

[FONT=&quot]On the contrary, you cannot deny the evidence that is all around you. If you look at the fossil records, you will see there is a pattern that has emerged described as transitional forms. This record shows in the history of millions of years that evolution is a fact, and is indeed a fundamental property of life in our universe. We know that humans like whales and dolphins are mammals, and we share a common ancestor with them.

With this evidence, we also know that whales and dolphins were once land animals that evolved into the water over millions of years. This transition is truly miraculous in all of its glory, so what makes you think they the mind cannot evolve exponentially. There are many evolutionary chains in the tree of life, some die off completely and some split off to form other closely related transitional forms. We are closely related to the apes, there are almost no differences between them and us except level of intelligence.

Evolution is a fact, anyone who chooses not to believe that is choosing not see reality. There were many branches of human ancestors (hominids), not just one form that led to our current form. Given the huge amount of time for evolution to experiment, it's completely plausible that human intelligence evolved along with our branch of life. Our recent ancestors looked at all the glory of life around them, and deduced in their minds that it could only take divine intervention to create such a serene structure called life (Gods were created). Early humans were not as knowledgeable about biology and the universe, so it would make sense for the juvenile human species to attribute a great creator to make sense of the complexity of life.

Scientists (and myself included) need evidence to draw theories and conclusions, and faith does not fit here at all. So far the evidence shows that biological processes are the only creator (and destructor) of life in general, and this applies to all processes throughout our universe. Everything lives and dies, and is not governed by anything but the laws of physics governed by our universe. Is there a god(s), well we really don't know for sure, but given the evidence so far I believe god in a traditional sense is overexaggerated and not plausable at all.

Regards!

[/FONT]

:D cute

well, Holy Spirit said Jesus is God's son is true

what is true?

Okay, try to ask "Jesus, if you are living and true God, show me you are real", then probably you will get answer

Been there. Done that.

Holy spirit said Jesus was god's son. Really? I never heard him say that. It has been written, supposedly, in an over-edited, mis-interpretted and mis-translated book a bunch of men hand selected from 2000 years ago. Have you ever played telephone??

Because your Christian and you believe in something that has coincidentally worked for you (in times of need etc.) doesn't mean that me or anyone else is going to believe in the same things that you do. No matter what they read or what questions they ask.

Most people that are atheists have become that way for a reason. I don't buy that nonsense about unanswered prayers either.

On the contrary, you cannot deny the evidence that is all around you. If you look at the fossil records, you will see there is a pattern that has emerged described as transitional forms. This record shows in the history of millions of years that evolution is a fact, and is indeed a fundamental property of life in our universe.

no argument from me here. i fully accept the evolutionary position. it is clear that animals have evolved. however it is not clear that man has evolved from them. there is no hard and fast evidence that man has evolved from apes. that link is missing and anyone who claims that humans evolved from other species is guessing. if there is proof show it to me.

...so what makes you think they the mind cannot evolve exponentially.

the fact there is no proof it does. if the mind can evolve exponentially and if evolution is a product of the mind, there would be evidence of such exponential mind growth in other animals. our closest animal cousins would share at least some of our higher cognitive brain functions. yet the gulf between human intelligence and animal intelligence is implausibly large. man can split the atom, calculate the movement of the planets and compose symphonies - all this in less than 200,000 years. the various species we are supposed to have evolved from cannot yet, in the same time scale, all recognise their own reflection in a mirror. it doesn't take a huge leap to imagine that humans have something that NO animals have, and that no animals have ever shown any provable tendency towards.

We are closely related to the apes, there are almost no differences between them and us except level of intelligence.

but level of intelligence is a massive difference, it is the crucial difference. it is like saying a wheelbarrow and a ferrari are almost the same because they both have wheels. given enough time there is no evidence whatsoever that apes would get more intelligent, or that a wheelbarrow would turn into a ferrari. what have apes been doing for the last several thousand millennia, getting more intelligent? no, as far as we know they are haven't. yet man has. how do you explain that? in the time it has taken for man to conquer his environment and advance to the stage he can travel to other planets, apes are still living in trees and fighting over bananas. what is your answer to this? or perhaps your belief that other species acquire intelligence exponentionally is just that, a belief based on faith. the observable fact is that man is truly very different from apes. we have abilities that surpass theirs by a bsquillion miles and the explanation for that cannot be found in traditional science.

Given the huge amount of time for evolution to experiment, it's completely plausible that human intelligence evolved along with our branch of life.

evolved solely in our branch? of the millions of opportunities intelligence had to evolve in any animal, ours was the only branch that evolved the level of intelligence humans display? there is a clear evolutionary advantage to being intelligent and the pinnacle of intelligence is being able to control your environment to the point where 'adapt or die' becomes unecessary. this is man's current position and we've reached it in a shockingly short space of time. why are we the only ones? if the ability was innate in all life, i say we wouldn't be the only ones. other species would also do what humans have done, or they would at least have begun the process. yet they don't do it and there is no evidence they're on their way. tell me why.

Scientists (and myself included) need evidence to draw theories and conclusions, and faith does not fit here at all.

great! so present your evidence of why humans alone among the whole myriad of species have evolved the ability to take control over their environment. that ability is of such massive evolutionary advantage that if it were possible for other species to do it, i suggest they would have done it by now. and if there is no evidence other species can do it, at least admit that your beliefs too, are based on faith.

have a nice day!