So what religions are we all?

One cannot prove a negative; asking for evidence of "God"'s nonexistence is like asking for evidence of the nonexistence of unicorns, boogeymen or even Russell's teapot. Are you going to say that the statement "Unicorns exist" is as valid as "Unicorns do not exist."?

If you ask me it really falls on the theists to define God and show proof that it does exist, to make this proof reliable, it would be helpful if it is empirical and can actually be shown to people.

:) science only can prove nature world, God is supernature, God beyond science. probably history can prove there is God more than science. AND heart can prove there is God. Science can not prove LOVE either, where does love come from, what is love, what chemical elements does love have?

I was wondering. No one could give me a straight answer.

But what makes you think there is one? Not trying to start anything but I really would like to know.

From many things you can see there is God.

From history. The Bible talk about whole history of human being. and Bible even talk about today's happening, all in Bible.

From testimonies. if one person tell a witness, it is not a real witness, you can say the person tell a lie. but two persons tell same witness, it is true. not mention there are countless people to tell same story.

From perspectives for life. if you pay more attention to your own life, you would notice there is a certain orbit. some subtle things happened, and these things could not explain by nature way. if you choose to ignore, then there is nothing. we ignored many things in our lifes.

:) science only can prove nature world, God is supernature, God beyond science. probably history can prove there is God more than science. AND heart can prove there is God. Science can not prove LOVE either, where does love come from, what is love, what chemical elements does love have?

IMO

Again, this is based upon what we are brought up to believe, and there is not one shred of historical evidence to prove this. Many are basing what they believe on faith, and faith is based on believing something someone has promised you.

Of course, you can believe whatever you want to believe, and if it makes you happy I say go for it. I am a person of logic, so of course I like to debate, it sort of makes life more interesting.

I would like to believe that the God we have been brought up to believe in is real, but to me it just does not make sense logically. I just wonder if sometimes people are just afraid of the possibility of what they have believed in all of their life was null, an age old belief passed down from our elders.

Who knows, maybe I'm wrong and I guess we will find out eventually, and surely through death.

Cheers!

by the way---'love hurts' do you have your PMs set up? I was going to PM you and couldn't regarding one of my threads.

Persistant,

Much appreciation in your acknowledgement; I give the honor to the Lord / to His word.

I did look/ my PM is in off mode. Not to savvy …on the PC jargo...I am clueless; as to how to turn it on? I tried every button pushable…still off.

Can you direct me?:)

God Bless

IMO

Again, this is based upon what we are brought up to believe, and there is not one shred of historical evidence to prove this. Many are basing what they believe on faith, and faith is based on believing something someone has promised you.

Of course, you can believe whatever you want to believe, and if it makes you happy I say go for it. I am a person of logic, so of course I like to debate, it sort of makes life more interesting.

I would like to believe that the God we have been brought up to believe in is real, but to me it just does not make sense logically. I just wonder if sometimes people are just afraid of the possibility of what they have believed in all of their life was null, an age old belief passed down from our elders.

Who knows, maybe I'm wrong and I guess we will find out eventually, and surely through death.

Cheers!

I chose to believe in what I believe on my own.

Of course I could be wrong, but I am not going to spend most of my life worrying about that and attempt to find physical proof of our origin because we may never find any.

IMO

Cheers!

Rooster Dar,

---[i would like to believe that the God we have been brought up to believe in is real, but to me it just does not make sense logically.]

JESUS IS GOD

Rev 21:6-7 God is Alpha & Omega, Beginning & End

Revelation 22:12-13, 16 Jesus is Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

John 18:5-8 Again Jesus calls Himself the I AM

Exodus 3:14 God said his name was “I Am” YHWH

God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: `I AM has sent me to you.'"

The Bible teaches:

1) YAHWEH THE FATHER ALWAYS EXISTED.

Deuteronomy 33:27 The Eternal God is thy refuge, and underneath are the Everlasting arms: and he shall thrust out the enemy from before thee; and shall say, Destroy them....

2) LORD JESUS CHRIST second member of the Trinity… ALWAYS EXISTED.

HE’S from OLD from EVERLASTING. The one that was to be born in Bethlehem.

Micah 5:2 2 But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been From of Old, from Everlasting.

---[i just wonder if sometimes people are just afraid of the possibility of what they have believed in all of their life was null, an age old belief passed down from our elders.]

WHO HATH ESTABLISHED ALL THE EARTH WHAT’S GODS NAME WHAT’S HIS SONS NAME?

Proverbs 30:4

Micah 5:2

---[Who knows, maybe I'm wrong and I guess we will find out eventually, and surely through death.]

In Jesus you never die… only cross over into His Glory.

And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? Matthew 19:16

An age-old belief passed down from our elders; HE’S from OLD from EVERLASTING.

Praise!

I never said I think there is one, I said I'm open to the possiblity.

---[i never said I think there is one, I said I'm open to the possibility.]

The concept of two Gods is help…

Jesus is God…. And there is Satan the god of this world. {2 COR. 4:4

Freedom of choice / freewill is given to men.

Jesus explains truth as to what is.

Satan is the adversary of Jesus, he is the author of confusion, and lies, he hates and comes to destroy. He has a short time and great wrath on earth amongst men.

;Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you,

having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time. Rev12: 12

Through His death; Jesus claimed us worthy, He left us His word that we might see.

One died out of love for You…

The other is dieing to kill you... Matthew 10:28

IMO

Cheers!

Yes, Faith in God makes me joyful. I too was a materialist long before, and very strong-headed. as I told before "some invisible thing" would foretell dangers and good things to me. How can you explain this? and when I read Bible and about Jesus, then first time the idea of there is a God came to my mind, the "invisible thing" shew great joy, and I was so overwhelmed by joy and love. some people's experience maybe different from mine. but the same joy and love or deep repentance overwhelming are similar

through death? :eek: I sure hope you can find out ealier:p

I just don't believe in anything I can't see, I believe that when I die my body gets eaten by insects and tiny animals, and that's just how the world works... the visual cirkel of life. I do find religion interesting, but more to why people believe.

I'm just going to answer the question : agnostic, then stay away from all the religious freaks..I mean fanatics :rolleyes: shoving their BS down everyone else's throats

did you ever wonder whether the options weren't solely

a. to believe in the god you were brought up to believe in, or

b. to reject that god and think that ANY god must therefore not exist?

isn't there a third option that the god you were brought up to believe in doesn't in fact exist (and if you're were once a christian, i tend to agree with you) but there could be a god whose existence and actions DO make logical sense?

The easiest answer for most people is that there is a divine creator, but that is just what we have deduced due to the lack of suffient data.

another two questions. sorry. but what you say reminds me of thoughts i've had.

1. did you ever consider that lack of data about god might be necessary? what i mean is, if god was obvious to people all the time, would they have genuine free will to choose not to believe? for this reason (and others), i believe that evidence of god will never be incontravertible. it is given to people on the basis of their willingness to ask questions and their willingness to believe in what they cannot yet see. once they are prepared to cast aside their doubt and ask some honest questions, they will receive the evidence they seek. only then will get they get inner knowledge that surpasses anything the outer, analytical mind can grasp. THIS is true belief in god.

2. did you ever consider that there ISN'T a lack of sufficient data for god, there is just a lack of is willingness to apply that data to its most obvious conclusion?

let me just briefly state the scientific position, from a deists point of view. you guys generally think the universe was created from a singularity in which all the matter in the universe was once compressed to a point smaller than the point on top of this i. you seem to think this is logical. the evidence for the big bang theory exists, so despite the worrying tug of common sense that should tell you all the atoms necessary to create billions of galaxies could never have fit into a space a millionth of a metre across (in other words, too small to see with the naked eye) current science accepts the big bang theory as the most likely explanation for the start of the universe.

now, i don't think the big bang theory can adequately explain the origins of the universe. even keeping god out of it, i think that the big bang theory is nonsense. however, there is evidence for it, so where does that leave me?

i'll tell you where. it leaves me in the realm of looking for a third option. and the answer lies in quantum physics (in the observable and theoretical position that consciousness affects matter) and leads me to a logical conclusion which is based on the theory that a conscious mind turned energy we cannot see into matter we can see. i call this conscious mind god. it is not the god of the bible, it is not what my parents taught me, but it is god - the consciousness which willed the universe into creation from something invisible - or if you prefer to relate it to the big bang, from something smaller than the eye can see. :D

to a thinking mind, it should be a nonsense that a perfectly balanced and magnificent, infinitely intricate universe, capable of supporting life like you and me, capabale of creating billions of galaxies all capable of supporting life, capable of balanced expansion, could have been the result of a random explosion of particles.

look at the universe with your eyes open. look at the vast and complex structure of the human body. and then tell me straight whether it is likely that the process of building this incredible universe wasn't guided by an intelligent being with a plan for how to support and sustain it. we are living in an ordered system, the perfection of which is astounding. so ask yourself whether we could be missing the biggest evidence of all in our quest for evidence - the evidence all around us that the alternative to god is impossible.

mothergooze, you don't believe in anything you can't see? so you don't believe in ultraviolet light? love? hope? compassion? fear? sub-atomic particles? gravity? i find that pretty hard to believe.

I just don't believe in anything I can't see, I believe that when I die my body gets eaten by insects and tiny animals, and that's just how the world works... the visual cirkel of life. I do find religion interesting,........ but more to why people believe.......

I decided to testify here.

I lived a life of what I would call a good person…

With a good heart and never considered I was a sinner.

That was something others believed in.

And Salvation was a manmade doctrinal code.

I went to church, and I slept there.

Couldn’t wait to wake up and party with friends.

Of course they looked at me differently

as I had something they didn’t have.

Actually I was different from them…

I had nice Sunday clothes on...

They didn’t. That’s about it ..big deal.

The Real Change;

One Sunday a great band came to the Church..

Music lover I had to check it out.

They were playing our area twice that day…

So I followed that evening to hear them again.

This time they had an altar call

at the end of their singing. .. and I heard it.

People were going up front and I kinda wanted to

Yet I was determined no one

was going to watch me walk up there to kneel and pray.

And then my foot moved,

well the person next to me, stepped aside as if

I were going someplace.

So then as if in habit I stepped again and stepped passed.

Next I was exposed…in open isle…

these people were watching me walk to the front

is all that I could think of... good grief lasted an instant..

As I approached the altar …something was happening

some feeling began to replace mine… something..

I did kneel closing my eyes tight..

Suddenly I became calm and peaceful..

It was as if no one was there at all …

I truly began to meditate on God as if

I didn’t have a care in the world.

I invited Jesus into my heart…to be my Lord and Savior.

Bam! I Was Hit!

I was filled with the Holy Spirit..

I was changed from the inside out…

My God I felt like I could fly.

When I opened my eyes and looked around the church

It was Smokey White like a poker joint;

With everyone smoking and no fresh air.

Like a white cloud was in the room.

White Smoke was everywhere…

I could see the Holy Spirit it filled the church.

I felt I had wings on my heels and couldn’t stop smiling

For months afterwards I wanted to tell everyone I knew; to get Jesus.

I wanted them to find what I found..

You can’t keep that Holy Spirit in… its impossible!

Nor do you want to; you want to share it.

You just want everyone to have what you have.

Because its a good thing.

Let Down;

None wanted Him; soon none wanted me either.

My friends said they felt uncomfortable

with this Jesus in me and didn’t want me around.

My sadness was in His truth; becoming reality.

If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me

before it hated you.

John 15:18

Well that was then…

I found a new family

in the Body of Christ… I have family

all over the world.. More family

than I could have dreamed of in the Lord.

New Life;

Would I trade Jesus for the world?

Not on my life! Lol Praise Jesus!

I love the True Living God…

He is not a stone… He lives and when we find Him

Through our hearts… Not our minds…

We will begin to know Him.

Still I long to share His word.

Still I hope others will find Him.

Why? He died for me.

Now I live for Him.

God Bless

I just don't believe in anything I can't see, I believe that when I die my body gets eaten by insects and tiny animals, and that's just how the world works... the visual cirkel of life. I do find religion interesting, but more to why people believe.

What makes you think that?

I'm just going to answer the question : agnostic, then stay away from all the religious freaks..I mean fanatics :rolleyes: shoving their BS down everyone else's throats

Jesus loves you. Everyone else thinks you're a moron.

Hi, it is REALLY your choice. we just want to tell people what we learned about good news. the intent in heart is trying to offer a way to people who are seeking love, peace and spiritual fruits. as for choose it or not, it is your decision.

by the way, do you see the negative things you spoken? the negative things not only hurt others, but most important hurt yourself. what are in your heart, what you will speak, what you will act

did you ever wonder whether the options weren't solely

a. to believe in the god you were brought up to believe in, or

b. to reject that god and think that ANY god must therefore not exist?

isn't there a third option that the god you were brought up to believe in doesn't in fact exist (and if you're were once a christian, i tend to agree with you) but there could be a god whose existence and actions DO make logical sense?

another two questions. sorry. but what you say reminds me of thoughts i've had.

1. did you ever consider that lack of data about god might be necessary? what i mean is, if god was obvious to people all the time, would they have genuine free will to choose not to believe? for this reason (and others), i believe that evidence of god will never be incontravertible. it is given to people on the basis of their willingness to ask questions and their willingness to believe in what they cannot yet see. once they are prepared to cast aside their doubt and ask some honest questions, they will receive the evidence they seek. only then will get they get inner knowledge that surpasses anything the outer, analytical mind can grasp. THIS is true belief in god.

2. did you ever consider that there ISN'T a lack of sufficient data for god, there is just a lack of is willingness to apply that data to its most obvious conclusion?

let me just briefly state the scientific position, from a deists point of view. you guys generally think the universe was created from a singularity in which all the matter in the universe was once compressed to a point smaller than the point on top of this i. you seem to think this is logical. the evidence for the big bang theory exists, so despite the worrying tug of common sense that should tell you all the atoms necessary to create billions of galaxies could never have fit into a space a millionth of a metre across (in other words, too small to see with the naked eye) current science accepts the big bang theory as the most likely explanation for the start of the universe.

now, i don't think the big bang theory can adequately explain the origins of the universe. even keeping god out of it, i think that the big bang theory is nonsense. however, there is evidence for it, so where does that leave me?

i'll tell you where. it leaves me in the realm of looking for a third option. and the answer lies in quantum physics (in the observable and theoretical position that consciousness affects matter) and leads me to a logical conclusion which is based on the theory that a conscious mind turned energy we cannot see into matter we can see. i call this conscious mind god. it is not the god of the bible, it is not what my parents taught me, but it is god - the consciousness which willed the universe into creation from something invisible - or if you prefer to relate it to the big bang, from something smaller than the eye can see. :D

to a thinking mind, it should be a nonsense that a perfectly balanced and magnificent, infinitely intricate universe, capable of supporting life like you and me, capabale of creating billions of galaxies all capable of supporting life, capable of balanced expansion, could have been the result of a random explosion of particles.

look at the universe with your eyes open. look at the vast and complex structure of the human body. and then tell me straight whether it is likely that the process of building this incredible universe wasn't guided by an intelligent being with a plan for how to support and sustain it. we are living in an ordered system, the perfection of which is astounding. so ask yourself whether we could be missing the biggest evidence of all in our quest for evidence - the evidence all around us that the alternative to god is impossible.

mothergooze, you don't believe in anything you can't see? so you don't believe in ultraviolet light? love? hope? compassion? fear? sub-atomic particles? gravity? i find that pretty hard to believe.

You have many great insights and observations, but I think we are talking about the belief in the God most of us were brought up to believe in versus a true higher power. I am right there with you in the quantum-physics realm, there is much to be learned about the subatomic universe.

I am very open to the possiblilty of existence being deduced to a higher power, I am just certainly convinced the bible that I was brought up with is very inaccurate at best. I do wake up everyday, take a drive through the countryside and peer in wonder of how amazing this world and life really is. Our ancestors did the same, however they did not have tools to do science back then, there options for deducing complex ideas were very limited.

Science can be done now, and it's accuracy is growing exponentially through the decades. Scientists (regardless of what many think) are not purposely trying to disprove the bible and it's teachings, but they are finding emperical evidence that completely conflicts with the ideological ideas of our distant forefathers. You sound like a person that understands science very well, and many of the events the bible speaks to us about are just not possible in our universe.

If the seemingly magical abilities of intervention between humans and the spiritual world ever existed, don't you wonder why they don't exists anymore? My intelligence tells me that intervention never existed at all.

Good Post!

burning 4 revenge

1. did you ever consider that lack of data about god might be necessary? what i mean is, if god was obvious to people all the time, would they have genuine free will to choose not to believe? for this reason (and others), i believe that evidence of god will never be incontravertible. it is given to people on the basis of their willingness to ask questions and their willingness to believe in what they cannot yet see. once they are prepared to cast aside their doubt and ask some honest questions

I don't know why you would want the good opinion of a god who plays hide and seek.

You sound like a person that understands science very well, and many of the events the bible speaks to us about are just not possible in our universe.

what is generally observable in our universe is related to the consciousness of the observer. it is limited by our physical senses and to our instruments made of matter which can be detected by those senses. obviously it follows that these senses and these instruments can only detect vibrations within a certain frequency spectrum.

yet science tells us that everything is energy - that the universe is really a continuum of vibrations. we already know there are vibrations we cannot see, for example the vibrations of energy that exist close to either end of the visible spectrum. it is also possible, even scientifically probable, that since nothing exists but energy there are many additional vibrationary frequencies both much lower and much higher than these. so what is possible isn't absolute, far from it. we only know what is common to most people. but not everyone has the same experience of what is possible. i know this because i am one of those people.

If the seemingly magical abilities of intervention between humans and the spiritual world ever existed, don't you wonder why they don't exists anymore?

why would i wonder? in my daily experience they still exist.

I don't know why you would want the good opinion of a god who plays hide and seek.

what would you think of a man who looked into a mirror and refused to smile at his reflection until it smiled first? i'll make a guess you'd think he was a moron who didn't know how mirrors worked.

well, the universe acts just like a mirror - it reflects back to people what they send out. yet they look at life and say 'when something good happens i'll smile'. all the while, they send a grumpy faces into the cosmic mirror.

what do you think people who believe there is no god send into that mirror? and what do you think life reflects back to them?

God don't hide, HE is invisible, Spirit, that is how HE is. and when you seek HIM, your heart open to that possibility, then you begin to can see HIM. through your heart, not nature eyes. God pour HIS love and care to you through other people sometimes. and God know you from the moment you born, when you had hard times, HE was there felt sad too. you just refuse to see

if you are going to preach about Christianity then please learn the truth about your faith. The Christianity of today has very little to do with early followers of Jesus or what he preached. If in fact you want to be followers of Jesus you would need to become Jewish. Jesus even said if you wish yo follow me you most uphold m the spirit of the Law, Jewish law. Evey time you go to church on Sunday you brake a commandment. Sunday is not the Sabbath. Ask any Jew when is the Sabbath? The christian chruch as it is known today was not even founded untill axp 300 years after the death of Jesus. He was not even elevated to the status of being a God untill then. There were big fights over the establishment of the trinity. Father Son and Holy spirit The Jewish faith says there is but one God not three and not a three Part God. One God ! The Bible wasn't codified untill again 300 years after the death of Jesus. The King James Bible in use today is a very bad I translation of some of the original text. Many of the things Jesus is quoted as saying have been found in parts of the dead sea scrolls written about 100 or more before his birth. Virgin Birth stories are an ancient Greek concept also per dating Jesus by 10000s of years many Greek Legends and heroes were said to be of virgin birth. Using Virgin birth is a way to win over Greeks since they already sew it as a sign of being divine. some of the earliest " Christian writing suggest that Jesus was not born God or born of God but rather he learned to become divine, He learned a secret and other could also learn that secret. They were the Gnostic's The Gnostic and the Jewish chruch in Jerusalem were they first churches to follow the teachings of Christ. The modern Bible is a very flawed document. I Know a lot of this will anger you. but you really need to take a deeper look at your faith One of the main things Jesus preached was to think for yourselves. I believe in God I also believe that Jesus was a great Rabi. I also believe he reached a state of grace a Divine state He is not God he never claimed to be God.

I Know a lot of this will anger you.

I didn't anger by this. sounds interesting. in fact, I want to go to Jerusalem one day and learn more about this:D . seems a beautiful place, and full of miracles

Can you explain why Jesus died even when he knew that he would be crucified? he suffered 6 hours on it. why didn't he escape and so he could preach more? so you don't believe Holy Spirit exist?

burning 4 revenge

I think we give Jesus too much credit. He obviously was some type of megalomaniac to think he was divine. I don't think he was mad as that was probably not an impossible thought in those times, but I think it took some cheek. He probably was influenced by the Mithraic cults, or something and he had enough charisma to generate a following. And it's possible he had the good fortune to not die on the cross. We'll never know and it's impossible to know.

As far as god goes that concept can pretty much be defined any way you want to define it. I've said before that I leaned toward mathematical principles since they're constant, but that seems too cold. I prefer to define God (big G) as our conscience. Since that's completely subjective I suppose my God is a subjective God, but so be it.

I think we give Jesus too much credit. He obviously was some type of megalomaniac to think he was divine. I don't think he was mad as that was probably not an impossible thought in those times, but I think it took some cheek. He probably was influenced by the Mithraic cults, or something and he had enough charisma to generate a following. And it's possible he had the good fortune to not die on the cross. We'll never know and it's impossible to know.

As far as god goes that concept can pretty much be defined any way you want to define it. I've said before that I leaned toward mathematical principles since they're constant, but that seems too cold. I prefer to define God (big G) as our conscience. Since that's completely subjective I suppose my God is a subjective God, but so be it.

Okay, what benefit did Jesus get when he claims he is God's son? be crucified? get money? win women's heart? but none he wanted. and he actually healed many difficult disease which impossible could be cured at that time even now. and these things not only were written in Bible, but also in other old books. if Jesus is megalomaniac, so were all other 12 his followers too? they saw Jesus rise up again after 3 days his physical death. and one of his follower was a Jew who fought against Jesus's followers, but he met Jesus after Jesus's death, since then the Jew became a believer.

and can you explain someone can know good things and bad things happen in advance? literally like a gentle Spirit try to tell something, so obvious like "yes" or "no", when I thought low about myself, he would say "no', and when I wronged someone, he would say "no" too (hope you will not think I am crazy:p )

and Jesus said after he go to heaven, he will send Holy Spirit to followers. and Holy Spirit can heal people physically and emotionally. Today's churches have healing conference, there are many miracles happen even Drs. cannot heal those disease. how can you explain these?

Topper,

For by one Spirit are we all *baptized into one body, whether we be *Jews or *Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. 1 Corinthians 12:13

This is it; The cleansing agent… Nobody can get saved without the incorruptible seed of the word of God.

IPeter 1 :23 23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the * washing of water by the word, Ephesians 5:26

Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the *washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; Titus 3:5

Jew and Gentile alike are Saved through the Baptism of the Holy Spirit… it’s the washing of sin.

It binds us together… Jew and Gentile alike in one body of Christ.

Through Salvation in the Lord we are one in Chrst. We are united family…

The same Spirit of God is in us through Salvation… we know one another.

Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the king.

1 Peter 2:17

Topper; I believe in God I also believe that Jesus was a great Rabi. I also believe he reached a state of grace a Divine state He is not God he never claimed to be God.

The Koran:cool: tells of Jesus the profit.

Not Jesus the Son of God/ Not the Lord God.

Allah has no Son named Jesus.

I prefer to define God (big G) as our conscience.

Conscience…

Satan would say right do it…and wouldn’t stop you from standing on a railroad track letting a locomotive maul over you.

God would say don’t do that? Think again… tomorrow things will be different.

God:love: loves us .... Satan:sick: does not.