My next chapter is about to begin

Hi DiGi,

I have read this thread and all I can say is, you are one of the most level headed person I know. I can see why you are scared and you are at leadt being honest with yourself.

Take it as it comes and if, during all this, you feel like it might be a rebound, just be honest with him and with yourself.

Take care Girl

You will do just fine.

Big Hugs

Chantal

• Author

Thanks LJ, and thanks ti!! (glad to see you here too :)

I'm trying to just take it slow and enjoy the moment. Who know's what will happen with this guy, but so far, we get along pretty well over the phone. Right now, I just want to have some light hearted fun, and he's providing that for me. He's incredibly sweet, giving me small compliments here and there, but not overwhelming, and is taking things really slow. He's also a very talented singer. I googled his name, found his website, and almost teared up by his songs. If nothing ever happens between the two of us, I was still meant to hear those songs. They're beautiful.

Oooh, you're in trouble, dg--a musician. :eek::laugh: :laugh:

Just be honest. If he's a good guy, he can take it. If not, then at least you'll know.

Congratulations :) Glad to see this forum is good for something lol :)

Becoming, thanks :) So far, the move has been great for my spirit! It feels very surreal that just a month ago, I was living in a house alone with very little friends, and now I'm back home, with a beautiful view of trees and a mini skyline of buildings which is beautiful at night when all lit up, and surrounded by friends with the possibility of meeting so many new people. It's hard to imagine my old life. I lived with some dude for 8 years, and I can barely remember what life was like with him. Maybe it's old age or something. I forgetting things very easily lol :)

Where the heck in TO do you live....trees....hahhaha:laugh: You must be rich:D

Where the heck in TO do you live....trees....hahhaha:laugh: You must be rich:D

Good luck on the date..... be good now;)

• Author

lol when i've thought of TO, i never thought it had trees either. But they really are all over the place :p And no, i'm not rich :p I'm just closer to TO than the suburbs. I find the suburbs a lot more flat and boring. And I'm allowed to say that since I grew up out there :)

Oh my i think i'm going to have a panic attack. Now I have to worry about what I should wear and stuff. I'm a jeans type of girl. I really do not have any skirts. Crap, what am i going to wear on a date??? lol argh :( What did I get myself into??? Jeans and Pizza, that's a good mix right?

Oh my i think i'm going to have a panic attack. Now I have to worry about what I should wear and stuff. I'm a jeans type of girl. I really do not have any skirts. Crap, what am i going to wear on a date??? lol argh :( What did I get myself into??? Jeans and Pizza, that's a good mix right?

Good luck and just have fun and I don't see anything wrong with jeans and pizza.

You figure with pizza you don't have to worry if you are eating it proper, just pick it up and eat it!!!!

As for the jeans as long as they fit correctly there is something to say about a good pair of jeans if you know what I mean. :D

Good luck and just have fun and I don't see anything wrong with jeans and pizza.

You figure with pizza you don't have to worry if you are eating it proper, just pick it up and eat it!!!!

As for the jeans as long as they fit correctly there is something to say about a good pair of jeans if you know what I mean. :D

I'd wear sweat pants... you could eat all the pizza you want and not worry about popping the botton ou your jeans.. and better if you drop sauce on your self....easy clean up..... hahahahah:laugh:

Geesssh I guess its been along time for me being on a date too:p

lol when i've thought of TO, i never thought it had trees either. But they really are all over the place :p And no, i'm not rich :p I'm just closer to TO than the suburbs. I find the suburbs a lot more flat and boring. And I'm allowed to say that since I grew up out there :)

I know... I used to work south of Lawrence/Blackcreek area... Trees were nice in the summer... that was about it... most economically depressed area in TO... and the people... well the ones I tended to meet did not give a crap... and tended to suck there teeth... when you asked them questions.....:rolleyes:

I'm glad you are enjoying living there... you do sound happier:bunny:

ilmw

• Author

I am a _lot_ happier. Maybe I'm just riding the high of the transition still, but it's nice to be back home. Plus this is like the 3rd guy in two months who is interested in me? Not quite use to it but life is pretty damn good :)

Good to hear you had a good time and I bet there will be other guys that will be more then happy to ask you out down the road.

Plus this is like the 3rd guy in two months who is interested in me? Not quite use to it but life is pretty damn good

Hey baby baby baby, there are more than three guys interested in you in the past few months... you have tons here.... This old fart for one.... But only as my strenght advisor...

Hey my HEX is back in town, she came over last night and proceeded to crap on me for over 90 mins, then shen I had had enough, told her simply that yes everything you said is so true, what ever took you so long to leave me.

She claims her parents both hate my guts for the way I have spoken to her over the years, her Father in particular, this is coming from a guy who threatened to kill his wife when she told him she was thinking of leaving him 20 years ago..... She's still with him...

Anyway moving forward, not worrying so much about divorce, just trying to be happy with ME.....

CC

Anyway moving forward, not worrying so much about divorce, just trying to be happy with ME.....

CC

Good job CC... sounds like you are coming along fine:)

• Author

lol cc you're such a flirt :) But I appreciate it, especially after tonight :)

So I had my "date" tonight. It was really weird. He was much better looking in person than his picture, but I kept having a feeling I wasnt exactly his type. But I was extremely nervous and perhaps my own insecurities were misreading things. Anyways, he wanted us to get together soon, and says he'll call tomorrow. I have a feeling he was being more polite than anything. We'll see :) I'm atleast proud of myself that I went and got my first date out of the way.

I'm atleast proud of myself that I went and got my first date out of the way.

Thats awsome dgiirl... you should be proud... takes guts to just go do it.... I could not imagine dating anyone else myself... then again... you are way further down the road than I am;)

Take care of yourself..

ilmw

• Author

I'm amazed right now :) Seriously, I thought I blew it with this guy. I was soooo nervous during the date that I felt I gave off the wrong vibes and that he surely wasnt interested. Although he did email me right after and called me the following day to thank for the dinner (went to voice mail), I still thought he was just being polite. But he called me today to wish me a safe trip (i'm going away next week) which again went to voice mail! I cant imagine if he wasnt interested, that he'd call me for a third time. In either case, I really really gotta relax and just be comfortable and confident with myself. And not get so worried and anxious about what he thinks, because I will blow it and/or have a heart attack lol.

I'm amazed right now :) Seriously, I thought I blew it with this guy. I was soooo nervous during the date that I felt I gave off the wrong vibes and that he surely wasnt interested. Although he did email me right after and called me the following day to thank for the dinner (went to voice mail), I still thought he was just being polite. But he called me today to wish me a safe trip (i'm going away next week) which again went to voice mail! I cant imagine if he wasnt interested, that he'd call me for a third time. In either case, I really really gotta relax and just be comfortable and confident with myself. And not get so worried and anxious about what he thinks, because I will blow it and/or have a heart attack lol.

Hey, good luck on the new guy! Now regarding the heart attack or having a fake one will give him a good reason to give you mouth to mouth! LOL

Anyway, Good luck! I'm jealous of him. ;) Just relax and go with the flow and relax a bit.

He's probally going through the same thing. He is acting a little over zealous which is a red flag!

• Author

*sigh* I just came back from a business trip and when I got my mail I've been pulled back into the divorce mess. I'm really po'd right now, but I still have to see what's involved. But apartently, the court will NOT take my affidavit because I signed it before the year anniversary. So now I have to sign it again. But (I might be wrong here) I have to go to another court approved person to witness my signature, which I believe I had to pay for. If I have to pay for another thing I'm going to be seriously PO! The lawyer told me to sign the affidavit. He should have known it would not have been accepted if I had to wait for a year to get it done. This is total BS!!

PLUS, they spelled his name wrong! So I'm divorcing the wrong dude!

$%^$^%@#$%#$%^!!!

*sigh* I just came back from a business trip and when I got my mail I've been pulled back into the divorce mess. I'm really po'd right now, but I still have to see what's involved. But apartently, the court will NOT take my affidavit because I signed it before the year anniversary. So now I have to sign it again. But (I might be wrong here) I have to go to another court approved person to witness my signature, which I believe I had to pay for. If I have to pay for another thing I'm going to be seriously PO! The lawyer told me to sign the affidavit. He should have known it would not have been accepted if I had to wait for a year to get it done. This is total BS!!

If the court approved person needs to witness the signature AGAIN; then the lawyer should be told and fees renegotiated due to professional technicalities. May want to tell your lawyer this issue and suggest that they eat the cost; or better yet document this issue and if any issues arise due to technicalities. The lawyer is responsible for fixing it without extra costs.

PLUS, they spelled his name wrong! So I'm divorcing the wrong dude!

:laugh: :laugh: Sorry but that was funny. Divorcing the wrong guy...

• Author
If the court approved person needs to witness the signature AGAIN; then the lawyer should be told and fees renegotiated due to professional technicalities. May want to tell your lawyer this issue and suggest that they eat the cost; or better yet document this issue and if any issues arise due to technicalities. The lawyer is responsible for fixing it without extra costs.

Unfortunately, I'm about 600km away now. If i was living in the same place, I'm sure I could get him to eat the cost. But now i have to convince him to eat it, even tho i have to deal with a new office. Hopefully he will.

:laugh: :laugh: Sorry but that was funny. Divorcing the wrong guy...

:o lol it's funny, but i still want to make sure it's right.