My next chapter is about to begin

I really do not know why there's so many problems with our divorce. My exh and I have always remained as civil with one another as much as possible. We did not fight over anything. Although he's a complete jerk on what he did to me, I can honestly say that we kept our dignity when it came to the details of the divorce. Like it was too amicable.

Right now, my exh isnt the problem. It's the people who review the papers before it goes to a judge. I'm 3 months shy of my 2nd year anniversary of d-day, and we're still not divorced. I certainly do not feel married anymore, but I would like to have this resolved. And everytime I talk to someone new, I feel the need to explain my situation. Not in great detail, but I'm still not divorced so I feel a need to be honest about that and mention it.

Sheesh, getting married was a snap... Getting a divorce has been extremely difficult. A divorce that I never even wanted, yet I initiated since asshat wasnt going to do jack squat.

It goes back to my question.. are the lawyers just milking your situation?

I have seen Criminal Defence liars.. I mean lawyers... milk their clients.. they drag on proceedings... then plead out at trial... nice

Just solidifies my opinion of that breed.. friggen sharks...:mad:

ilmw

• Author

Not really sure. All of this is suppose to have been paid already. I certainly hope they are not sending me another bill, because I will not be paying it. They already milked 4k out of me in which they said that it also covers the filing charges that will be done on the year anniversary. Right now, the court is requesting I send them a letter with some information on it. Which, alone, is not a big deal. But considering that this has been going on for nearly 2 years, it's becoming tiresome. It's stupid bureaucracy. It took me nearly 5 months just to get my birth certificate. I applied, 3 months later they declined saying i needed to do something else, and then it took them another 2 months to actually process it again. And since i have to deal with both provinces, i think it makes things a little harder. Not only that, but the actual phone number they have posted to contact the ontario government only works IN ontario. I could not use the 1-800 outside of ontario, and I couldnt get through on the 416 number due to constant busy lines. And when I did get through, even after begging them not to transfer me and them promising they would not transfer me to a busy line, they transfered me to another busy phone number.

Not really sure. All of this is suppose to have been paid already. I certainly hope they are not sending me another bill, because I will not be paying it.
They already milked 4k out of me in which they said that it also covers the filing charges that will be done on the year anniversary./quote] Right now, the court is requesting I send them a letter with some information on it. Which, alone, is not a big deal. But considering that this has been going on for nearly 2 years, it's becoming tiresome. It's stupid bureaucracy. It took me nearly 5 months just to get my birth certificate. I applied, 3 months later they declined saying i needed to do something else, and then it took them another 2 months to actually process it again. And since i have to deal with both provinces, i think it makes things a little harder. Not only that, but the actual phone number they have posted to contact the ontario government only works IN ontario. I could not use the 1-800 outside of ontario, and I couldnt get through on the 416 number due to constant busy lines. And when I did get through, even after begging them not to transfer me and them promising they would not transfer me to a busy line, they transfered me to another busy phone number.

Wow.... unbelievable...

You could have appied on line for your birth crtificate... got a replacement one for my son within 15 business days...

It would be nice if we could do all our dealing with the government online... no more dealing with miserable... government employees...:p

Hopefully this is it for you eh?.. No more hurdles...:)

ilmw

Wow.... unbelievable...

You could have appied on line for your birth crtificate... got a replacement one for my son within 15 business days...

It would be nice if we could do all our dealing with the government online... no more dealing with miserable... government employees...

I applied online for a new b-certificate and got it in about two weeks too AND a copy of my marriage certificate inless than a week.

I agree with about the talking to someone these days... with the lack of patience I have these days I usually just hang up in frustration and go straight to my puter.

D, I bet the province is just being pains in the butt because, if the paperwork is En Anglais and they feel the need to hassle the Anglos....

It will be settled before you know it, just watch, they get their lousy piece of paper, the judge doesn't even see it and signs away......

Hang tough dear lady.

CC

• Author

D, I bet the province is just being pains in the butt because, if the paperwork is En Anglais and they feel the need to hassle the Anglos....

Yep, it's definitely the other way around too. Oh, she's from Quebec, I cant help you dear, we have to put you through all these hurdles and bs.

It simply comes down to bureaucracy.

Hey CC, have you seen Bon Cop, Bad Cop? Very canadian, but I loved the humor in it! Pretty darn accurate if you ask me lol

Hey CC, have you seen Bon Cop, Bad Cop? Very canadian, but I loved the humor in it! Pretty darn accurate if you ask me lol

I have not seen this movie... what is accurate about it?

You say its funny?... hmmm may have to see that one... i like funny:D

• Author
I have not seen this movie... what is accurate about it?

You say its funny?... hmmm may have to see that one... i like funny:D

I thought it was funny. But maybe that's because I lived in both provinces. It had basically all the stereotypes of both quebec and ontario. It had an entertaining story on top of it. A nice detective movie. I would warn that it's probably more of a renter than a big screen movie, slightly cheesy in some areas but still pretty good :)

Yep, it's definitely the other way around too. Oh, she's from Quebec, I cant help you dear, we have to put you through all these hurdles and bs.

It simply comes down to bureaucracy.

I thought it was funny. But maybe that's because I lived in both provinces. It had basically all the stereotypes of both quebec and ontario. It had an entertaining story on top of it. A nice detective movie. I would warn that it's probably more of a renter than a big screen movie, slightly cheesy in some areas but still pretty good :)

Ahhhh...I think I'll rent it;)

• Author

Eeek, I need help writing this stupid letter to the courts for agreeing to give up my rights to alimony. All i can think of is the following and I'm really tempted to send this.

-----------------

This is a letter to inform you that I agree to relinquish my claim to alimony. I am a computer programmer and have been working in the industry for nearly 9 years. I am self sufficient and do not need any assistance from my cheating bastard of a husband.

-----------------

NO NO NO

Je veut pas d'argent do mon maudit menteur de marie. L'argent wuil me doit peut etre mieux servire pour liu quil prend des course comment etre honetre e pas un manteur qui trish ca femme.

• Author

lol CC, I like it!! But who are we kidding... i'd have to give HIM money for that to happen lol

Eeek, I need help writing this stupid letter to the courts for agreeing to give up my rights to alimony. All i can think of is the following and I'm really tempted to send this.

-----------------

This is a letter to inform you that I agree to relinquish my claim to alimony. I am a computer programmer and have been working in the industry for nearly 9 years. I am self sufficient and do not need any assistance from my cheating bastard of a husband.

-----------------

That is funny. It would be good to include however the bureaucracy may file it and it may show up in the future say 2106 and say this is what happens...

NO NO NO

Je veut pas d'argent do mon maudit menteur de marie. L'argent wuil me doit peut etre mieux servire pour liu quil prend des course comment etre honetre e pas un manteur qui trish ca femme.

What kind of spanish is this stuff, I haven't seen this kind before. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

• Author
What kind of spanish is this stuff, I haven't seen this kind before. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

lol it's the french kind of spanish :p

lol it's the french kind of spanish :p

I don't know that kind, but then I don't know the other except the cuss words.:laugh:

ta yeule... je comprends rien, la

You're funny. I wonder why I didn't meet you in person! LOL :lmao: :lmao: 32 yr old programmer who games and has nice wind swept hair...

French Canadian ay?? :lmao: :lmao:

Oh well... back to my little corner to study for the CISSP. :(:eek:

• Author
You're funny. I wonder why I didn't meet you in person! LOL :lmao: :lmao: 32 yr old programmer who games and has nice wind swept hair...

lol i think it might have something to do with the fact that you dont live anywhere close to me? :p

French Canadian ay?? :lmao: :lmao:

No, no i'm a wanna be. I cant speak a word of french.

Oh well... back to my little corner to study for the CISSP. :(:eek:

Ouch... good luck :)

Ok...since when did your post become bilingual:confused:

Friggen language laws.... I no parla vue francAis????:confused:

:laugh:

No seriously... not a bloody word.... my french so... non exsitant.. it comes out in German...:eek: ........:laugh:

We ask you what gun or knife you want, when you cross state lines?And only become supscious if you don't alraredy have one! Most folks tend to be respectuful and say "Yes Sir" and "No Ma'am!"

• Author
Ok...since when did your post become bilingual:confused:

Friggen language laws.... I no parla vue francAis????:confused:

hahahaha you know, I dont speak a word of french, but this whole anti-language laws is such a joke! After living in mtl and to, I can honestly say that the rest of canada is such a cry baby over this french language. There's a LOT more english in quebec than there is french in the rest of the country. I can go into chapters and the store will be completely bilingual. I can choose to read a book in french or english. I can go into a resturant, and 90% of the menus will be bilingual. Since I've moved, I've gone to 2 chapters, and they all look at me like i have 2 heads for asking where is the french fiction lol :) Apparently, I have to go to a dedicated french bookstore all the way downtown. English is everywhere, and very little is in french. The french people are losing their culture and it's a shame for Canada, because it really is a beautiful culture.

heheh sorry for the little rant... I never thought I'd be defending the french culture, but after seeing it and experiencing it, I can appreciate why they are upset. It has very little to do with the language itself but more of the way they see life.

That's for you guys who don't parler da language.. WHAT DID I START?

God it's so nice to banter here at times and forget why we're here in the first place....

Hope you're all having a good day today..............

CC