My next chapter is about to begin

Thank you :) This is so darn scary, but I'm really smitten with him. And he treats me REALLY well. I've never had a guy treat me so much like a lady. And also confide in me and make me feel useful, wanted and desired. I know it's still early and we're still in the good behavior stage, but even then, he's done so much for me that no other guy has ever done. I cried the other night because I feel so lucky to have this experience happen to me. I dont think he truly understands how well he's treating me and what it means to me after everything I've gone through. :love::love:

No doubt...:) He sounds like a great guy... and you deserve that.. after the path you had to walk..

As I said before...AWESOME!! :D

• 2 months later...
  • Author

Wow, it's been a while since my last update :) I think that's a good sign!! Although I lurk on the forums from time to time, I dont feel I have much to offer nowadays. Life is still treating me pretty darn good. I'm busy with work and hobbies, and I have very little to complain about. I'm in a very good place. :)

Things are still going really great with my new guy (I have such a hard time saying the word "boyfriend", sounds so juvenile). We've been taking things really slow, but it's been good for me! He's been amazingly patient and sweet and sincere and just so darn sexy. He's great! :love: In fact, he just invited me to come and meet all his closest friends! This means the world to me because he is a pretty private guy. Although we share a lot of mutual friends through our hobbies, this is the first time he's invited me to see his other side. And more importantly, have THEM meet me :) I must say it's pretty scary!! But I'm pretty happy about it too :)

I'm so happy and proud of all the progress the gang is making! Sad to see so many new regulars on the forum, but I know they are in good hands :)

Dgiirl I read your update & just let out a "all right dgiirl" & the W wondered what the heck I was so excited about?

So I had to explain to her your situation in a short version & she was also excited for you not even knowing your full story.

You have helped so many people on this board & you will always have a special place in my heart for all the kind words even at the beginning you gave me, the direction you helped me start with those baby steps. :love:

You deserve having someone treat you like the queen that you are & I hope things will just keep getting better & better.

When you meet those friends of your "boyfriend" make sure & just be yourself & they will welcome you with open arms. ;)

Keep us posted, it is always good to hear the positive stories for those who work hard for what they want.

OOOOooooRaaaaah

And?

Don't forget? :mad:

Get your happy azz out there and rub a little sunshine and a :) ON your face!

Thats great to hear your still doing GREAT! Awesome news with your "Man friend"... does that still sound juvenile? :laugh::p

Like PW said... just be your self. ;)

and.... Thanks Dgiirl:love: You too were a great help.. and of great comfort:)

ilmw

• Author

Jerbear and Mz Pixie!! The ones who have been there from my very beginning!

And of course ilmw, pw and gunny :) You all have been such amazing support to me too!

pw, you made me laugh :) Tell your wife thanks!! :)

I'm just taking baby steps with my new guy :) Indeed, he does treat me very well. I feel very blessed and am very appreciative to him! Thanks for all the support :)

Jerbear and Mz Pixie!! The ones who have been there from my very beginning!

And of course ilmw, pw and gunny :) You all have been such amazing support to me too!

pw, you made me laugh :) Tell your wife thanks!! :)

I'm just taking baby steps with my new guy :) Indeed, he does treat me very well. I feel very blessed and am very appreciative to him! Thanks for all the support :)

To quote LJ~

"Just take it Andy Taylor and Hellen Crump slow!" :p:laugh:

Oh D, so happy to hear how things are going so well with you. I'm just hangin around here a wee bit but don't feel qualified to offer any GOOD advice to the new ones here.

YES it's so sad to see so many new people on the thread but life and grap goes on after we've moved on I guess.

Good to see all the old ones still here giving their 2 cents and great advice when asked.

Keep up the smiles D and hello to all the rest too.

CC

We've had all these good updates lately.. Dgiirl, ILMW, Perry, and Stampy, to name a few... but where's the recent news bulletin on you, Canuck? Hmmmm....??? :)

actually nothing really to report, a lot of garbage recently from my

(not sure when she'll ever be my EX wife) She's been making all kinds of advances in weird ways, and doing some incredibly stupid things with my youngest but apart from that, I'm still involved with the same lady but after 8 months now not sure where I want this to go, cold feet or maybe since divorce or a reasonable facimile is still a long way off I'm catching myself pulling back somewhat..

BUT I'm happy and I have totally moved on guys...

Not going to steal D's thread will post more later as it come up

• 3 months later...
  • Author

Three years ago tonight, my heart broke and my life what once was shattered into tiny pieces. The pain I felt then was completely unbearable and it was a very extremely difficult time in my life. My husband of 10 years came home and out of the blue said he wanted a divorce. Not once prior to this had he ever mentioned his unhappiness in the marriage, and thus this news was a complete shock to me and to everyone who knew us. There was a lot of anger and pain and disgust in his voice and the way he looked at me. It was very painful to see the man that you loved with all your heart speak and look at you with such hatred. The following day, he moved out, and never returned.

But it is interesting how much a person can change in just 3 years. The pain that was so hurtful is now barely rememberable. I have a very hard time remembering my life from that period. I have a very hard time remembering the man I claimed to have had loved, thinking I would never love again. I worked very hard to rebuild a much better life than I ever had while married, and the pain that was so traumatic is now just a faint memory.

For those who are still struggling, especially on this day, please know that there is a life after divorce. And you get to choose what kind of life that will be! You can either dwell on the past and let it ruin your future, or you can learn from the past and make an amazingly better future. In time and effort, I choose to do the latter, and I truly have made an amazing better life. Not in a million years would I ever return to where I was. I am indeed thankful for the experience, and because of it, I feel like I've won the lottery with a second chance in life. At the time, I could not see the light at the end of the very dark tunnel, but there is indeed a brilliant warm glowing light.

There are no guarantees in life. What you feel are your deepest desires to achieve in life may never come true. But for those that do not, life has a way of directing you to much better things if you simply let go and let life take you where it wants to.

Stay strong and work on you! Work on what you want in life but also let go once in a while. Appreciate today just as much as you work for tomorrow.

Happy Valentines day to everyone!

Wow, you do amaze me. This thread is too long for me to go back and cite the time(s) I've said how much you impress me with your strength, but you do. You're a beacon and an inspiration to others. Truly.

Happy V-Day to you too, GIG. (That's my nickname for you...do you remember what that means?)

DAMNNNNN!

As always dgiil?

Amazing post!

Simply outstanding!

Your ex was a FOOL! DO YOU HEAR ME! A FOOL TO LOVE SOMEONE SUCH AS YOU! AND THEN LEAVE YOU!

SCRATCH THAT!

A DAMNED FOOL! :)

YOU'VE GOT A LOT OF LOVE TO GIVE THE RIGHT GUY THAT'S GOT ENOUGH SENSE TO APPRECIATE WHAT YOU'VE GOT TO OFFER!

YOUR "TOP SHELF" TWENTY YEARS AGED SCOTCH WHISKEY! You? Your twenty years aged "Barclay" scotch whiskey!

GOT IT!

DON'T EVER FORGET IT! :mad:

You need to post more often!

Good to hear from you dgiirl! Your story is one I like to follow, it gives hope.

Just passed the 2 year mark this week. I hope at 3 years I can say what you've just said. Not there yet,, but closer.

Keep updating!

Nice to hear you're doing well... I'm at just over a year. Leaps and bounds past where I was just a couple months ago. Still feeling the rare and occasional pangs. Still reinventing myself, two steps forward, one step back, a couple shuffles from side to side. Sometimes I look at myself in the mirror and ask "Who the he** are you and what do you really want?"

Keep on rockin' dgiirl!

I also ended a relationship that we hoped would be the "one" for each of us. And after 2 months of searching, he has found a new place to live and is moving out tomorrow. When we split, I wanted him out sooooooo badly, but now that its happening, I'm sad for the losses. But, like others have recommended, we've just got to hang in there.

If you need other help for divorce or separation, this site can help:

The Modern Woman's Divorce Guide

http://themodernwomansdivorceguide.com

It is good to hear from you again Dgiirl, sounds like life is O.K. for you.

It's been a while since I first posted on here as well, but I just want to remind you how important your words & time were for me. You have really helped me out a lot & even though I might have been one of the lucky ones & still trying to work things out with the W, I am learning it takes time, effort & hard work. :love:

I wonder if we are meant to go down the paths we do in order to make us stronger & better people? If it wasn't for my separation I would never be where I am today. I would still be setting on the couch watching TV & getting fat. :eek::D

You are a great example of when a person puts there minds to it you can come out the other side a better person. I feel life is hard work no matter what we do so we might as well except the ups & downs & move forward.

It is good to hear from you again Dgiirl, sounds like life is O.K. for you.

It's been a while since I first posted on here as well, but I just want to remind you how important your words & time were for me. You have really helped me out a lot & even though I might have been one of the lucky ones & still trying to work things out with the W, I am learning it takes time, effort & hard work. :love:

I wonder if we are meant to go down the paths we do in order to make us stronger & better people? If it wasn't for my separation I would never be where I am today. I would still be setting on the couch watching TV & getting fat. :eek::D

You are a great example of when a person puts there minds to it you can come out the other side a better person. I feel life is hard work no matter what we do so we might as well except the ups & downs & move forward.

Life's a struggle?

No matter who you are! ;)

• 11 months later...
  • Author

Today marks my four year anniversary of post-divorce life. I will first say that the past year has been at times rewarding, exciting, interesting, stressful, joyful and at times tearful. I've had quite a few challenges, some I might have failed in, but I'm still breathing. :)

I've been in a relationship for the last year and half to a man I slowly learned to fall in love with. However, throughout it all, I've always kept my guard up. It's been a struggle not to drag in baggage from my past and let it affect my current relationship. At times, I have obviously failed.

I've also had a lot of struggles with personal friendships. I've been hurt from other people's actions, and I've found out that I've hurt them in return. I havent always been the greatest friend or person, but I have never deliberately maliciously tried to hurt people. Just poor communication skills.

I also found out my exh had a baby with his mistress. Not news I seeked out but when you share mutual friends, news leaks through. I have been struggling with the anger and jealousy towards my exh and why he gets to be "happy", and the fear of not having the possibility of having my own family, and the disappointment I feel for not being exactly where I wanted to be in life.

I have also been struggling with my self esteem. I dont feel as connected to life and as happy as I was just a year ago. And in the past week alone, I've been faced with some serious problems in my current relationship, serious enough that I think we both know that it might be the end.

I wish this post could be as uplifting as my last one. I wish I could be as happy as I was last year. For some reason, just when I was starting to get comfortable in life, I started to drift again. But I wanted to post just to keep it real.

Despite the situation I currently am in, there IS life after divorce. For those who the pain is still fresh, dont give up. It will take time and effort on your side for the pain to go away, but it will go, and at times you will experience joy and happiness again and they will be such amazing feelings after such heartache. Well worth the effort!

Good to hear from you dgiirl, sorry to hear things aren't going as you might have thought they should.

I have learned everyone goes thru hardships that is how we learn, it would just be nice if they didn't come one right after the other.

I have talked about this to my counselor, that we can't please everyone & that people come & go in our life but we just need to make the best of what we have been dwelt.

At least you are doing things, trying new things & maybe they didn't work but at least you weren't just setting at home feeling sorry for yourself.

Like I said before you were a big inspiration to me & you still are. I hope someday I'll be able to still get out there, do things I want to do.....

Thanks for coming back & letting us know how things are going, it just helps show what true life is all about..