My next chapter is about to begin

And I'm pathetic because I'm still in love with him, or the idea of who I wanted him to be. I just keep telling myself that I dont need to stop loving him, because I cant control that. I just need to keep moving forward, which i'm doing.

Please don't consider this pathetic, although I know, from experience, the temptation to beat yourself up for it. I can't imagine being with my STBX again; even if she somehow came back and offered to try, I don't question that I would turn her down. And yet, I still feel for her this thing - it's not a longing, it's no longer lust, it's more than just concern for a co-parent. I can't help but realize that it's love. The part of the love I gave willingly, the part of love that I committed to and decided to make a part of my life.

Love is partly giving and partly getting. Well, clearly I'm not getting any more from her, but I decided to stop being embarrassed about the fact that the "giving" part of my love for her didn't just die instantly. It says more about me than it does about her - I'm not yet sure exactly what, but I think I'm OK with it. And I believe the same goes for you.

• Author

Trimmer, exactly. I have these moments where I realize I still love him. It's not lust or longing, it's not butterflies. He frustrates me to no end, and yet, I have these moments where I realize I still love him, like I did when we were married. It's that deep feeling of commitment. If he came back, I have no clue what I would do. I would hope the sane logical part of me would say no. There would be no benifit to me going back into this relationship. Anyways, that's a moot point. It's not going to happen. If it was going to happen, it'd happen by now. But yah I still need time.

• Author

Holy crow... Not only do i have enough on my plate as is, but now i cant even rent a truck to move my junk???? Everyone but uhaul will not let me drop it off in another city, and my dad is petrified of uhaul because they have bad trucks. He wont let me rent from them. So now I have to see if my brother will drive a truck up from to to mtl so that I can move from mtl to to. That's crazy! Otherwise, I'm going to have to abandon most of my junk, and move the essentials multiple times with my car.

CryingCanuck

Uhaul in my opinion rent garbage and the reason they let people drop off their trucks is that they might not make it back to the point of origin without servicing. What about renting a large trailer using a pick-up to pull it?

Not sure just how much you have to move but they do rent faily large covered trailers that can move at least three rooms full of furniture.

Uhaul ....................the reason they let people drop off their trucks is that they might not make it back to the point of origin ................

First DD's "pet psych" and now this! You guys are killing me man, you're killing me! :lmao::D:laugh::)

CryingCanuck

You're just mad because I beat you to the answer..... :mad::laugh: Scheeeech you Marines gotta know everything eh? ROFL

:p

DG - how about renting one of those "good" round-trip trucks in MTL, move to TO, then drive it back empty to MTL yourself to return it - this also lets you pick up your car for the final trip to TO... Still seems better than driving multiple trips back and forth in your car, and you don't have to ask your brother to make the extra trip, etc... (Although if you get your brother do it from TO, that means less truck-driving for you!)

Now, you see very clearly here one of the differences between the sexes - DG may have just wanted us to listen, understand, and commiserate, but here we all are jumping in with solutions, trying to 'fix' the problem. Classic! :D

• Author

lol Trimmer, I love the differences between the sexes! But yah i'm mostly frustrated. But you guys trying to "fix" the problem shows you guys care. And I appreciate it :)

I need my bro cos I dont think i could drive a 16ft cube van myself. And my bro already lives in TO and I'd need to pay for his trip to MTL anyways. I just hope he'll drive the truck from TO to MTL alone. I just cant believe noone will give me a fricken truck. But based on the website quotes, it'll actually be cheaper if I pick it up in TO and return to TO than going from MTL to TO. Hello?? What's wrong with this? And in MTL, Canada day is national moving day. So even if they were willing to give me a truck, i'm going to have a REALLY hard time getting one. And i only have 2 weeks to figure this out.

*sigh* ;)

CC, lol yah i know all the horror stories on uhaul. My dad watched some show about how bad they are and unsafe and how opp is pulling them over and making them go through safety checks etc.

I better like it in TO cos if I dont, noone's gonna help me move again lol :(

CryingCanuck

Baby you can move down to W, nobody in their right mind would, I was forced to , and heck for all of us here, are we in our right minds?

Yeah I forgot about Ntl. moving day in La Belle Province, but remember one thing dear.. Je me Souviens.......... What I don;t know but they sure remember eh?

CryingCanuck

Waht about mileage charges? Man oh Man they are going to hammer you on that one. Too bad about no one way....Have you tried all teh Nat'l Co's.?

Ryder or Hertz? I recall they rent the damn things too....

I still say, if your Bro can get his hands on a truck with a hitch, a big trailer might be the solution and they do rent them one way.

• Author

CC, I never thought about the trailers. I might look into that. But I tried ntl, discnt, ryder, hertz, avis, budget, all of them wont give me a truck for one way. National charges .18 per km which isnt too bad considering that it'll cost me 3k to get movers.

How come you were forced to move to W? My friend moved there too because of her now ex. She's happy she's moving back to TO. You should move to TO :) And I have no clue what the hell they souviens, cept St jean of course lol I think i'm going to stack up on all the quebec flags from the dollar store b4 i move. They totally out number canada flags by 10-1.

CryingCanuck

I was forced out this way right after Sept.11

It's a border town right.....Hey that's a plan.... we can start the

TOLHC or maybe the SOLHC

And invet me over the Friday after! We'll do some ribs and chops! I could care less if the two of you have sex. But, damnit get busy living!

• Author

lol I'm becoming a born again virgin :p But Ribs and Chops sound AWESOME!

CryingCanuck
lol I'm becoming a born again virgin :p But Ribs and Chops sound AWESOME
SEE it's true, it can happen.....

Hey I do a mean smoked ribs, use billybones BBW sauce too.....

• Author

OMG, i'm freaking out. The buyer's mortgage has been delayed. My stupid agent kept calling me every 2nd day telling me it was approved, for the last two weeks and now I find out that it's still delayed. That there's some issues. I'm suppose to move in 7 days and I still dont know if my house is sold or not! Completely useless fricken agents. You're getting 12k to sell my house and you're not sure if it's sold???

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

No wonder you're mad! We had this kind of frustration one time. The next time we bought a house it was so easy we could hardly believe it.

After we had signed the papers on the house we sold, one of the realtors wanted us to do some minor work on a window sill we had never agreed to! After the closing !!! :confused: :confused:

Hang in there. And get angry! This isn't right. Is there someone over this agent--owner of company--you need to talk to to get this straightened out?

• Author

Exactly. Buying the house was a peace of cake. And since we bought it just 2 years ago, we thought we would use the same agent. I will NEVER do that again. She was an ok buyer, but a bad seller. My agent is the owner of the company. Or atleast her office. So unless I take it to the province, I dont really see much I can do. I've already talked to the notary, and he said this is on his top priority, but he cant do anything until he gets the papers.

CryingCanuck

WOW, I've been there, usually it's someone who has credit probs. or really doesn't have the whole down pymt. The agent should have checked that a bit more clearly before, but that's hindsight.

Agents are bozzo's all they want is th elisting, they do next to ZIP and get their 2.5% commis.

Hang in there dear lady, usually it gets cleared up and if it doesn't anything you lose if you have to cancel the lease on your apartment you can try to recover from the buyer(good luck) or try with the agent (they keep the original deposit often) so you might have to sue the selling agent.

• Author

Thanks CC. I never thought about that, but if things dont go as planned, I guess I can always keep the down payment. I'm beyond annoyed at this point. I tried calling them yesterday, and noone was available. I finally got ahold of someone in the office today, and they still dont know what's going on. I gave her complete s*** and told her she has to call me this afternoon whether she knows what's going on or not. Atleast keep me up to date on what's going on, even if nothing's happened. Atleast then i dont have to keep getting answering machines and noone returning my damn calls.

Yeah, I was wondering about that.... I'm in the middle of a couple of real estate transactions right now, and here in my area, if something falls out of escrow that late in the deal due to a problem on the buyer's end, then the seller is entitled to keep the initial deposit, which in my state can be up to 3% of the selling price. It doesn't solve the problem, but it takes a little of the sting away, and it helps to motivate the buyers to stay on the ball.

Is there any provision in your sales agreement for them paying your mortgage interest for the additional days beyond the originally planned close of escrow, or any further leverage you can apply to keep them working at it?

I hope that they are motivated buyers and they are working just as hard as they can at their end to make it all go through. Hang in there.

• Author

Ok, this is it. I'm shutting down my computer! EEK. I'll probably sneak online tonight at my parents, but after that, I really dont know when I'll have internet. Maybe in a week, or 3? lol :)

As for the house, it looks like i'm going to have to return which sucks, but c'est la vie.

Take care guys, and keep giving out the great advice. I'll probably need it when I return :)