Oprah or Bible: Which has more influence on women?

Glinda.Good
I didn't have to "look", it was there. It appears as if she's become the very thing she professes to hate..

What's evil about stating the TRUTH that the only way some racism will be quelled is for the racists to die out? Especially when they are the power class in a society, like in South Africa or in our American south?

They have to go, so that the new regime can rise. This doesn't mean they are going to be killed or anything heinous; it just means that as nature takes its course things can change.

• Like 1
pureinheart
What's evil about stating the TRUTH that the only way some racism will be quelled is for the racists to die out? Especially when they are the power class in a society, like in South Africa or in our American south?

They have to go, so that the new regime can rise. This doesn't mean they are going to be killed or anything heinous; it just means that as nature takes its course things can change.

What new regime would this be?

Um … if you aren't busy looking for evil intentions, I think her meaning would be clear to you.

Generations of people who are steeped in racism will need to die out before their influence on culture can be relegated to the past.

Exactly how I read it too.

• Like 2
GorillaTheater

The one that will require us all to get chips implanted in order to buy or sell, don't you imagine?

• Like 2

I imagine the regime of tolerance, equality, equanimity, Compassion, Kindness and unity.

Why, what did YOU think she meant?

• Like 4
pureinheart
I imagine the regime of tolerance, equality, equanimity, Compassion, Kindness and unity.

Why, what did YOU think she meant?

IDK, although if I were to take a wild guess it would be the Democratic party? If so, I would debate with you in a different thread all of these aspects you speak of.

Many women have been influenced by one or the other, or both. Others are more influenced by what the Kardashians are doing.

One thing Oprah did is give women's issues among us "regular people" a true voice. She went inside marriages, abuse, family issues, grief, sex, parenting, etc. in a way that was never done before. I wouldn't say she INFLUENCED me, because it isn't like I want to emulate her as a person, but I am grateful for what she gave to society.

As far as the Bible, many people are influenced by it, many others misinterpret it to justify their hatred or selfish choices, many others do a lot of good in the name of God, others hate it and find it a source of all that is wrong with our society, and others just couldn't care less one way or the other. Gender isn't a factor - there are both men and women in all categories.

• Like 1
IDK, although if I were to take a wild guess it would be the Democratic party? If so, I would debate with you in a different thread all of these aspects you speak of.

I have no idea what you're on about. I only know you'd lose.;)

On a different aspect:

This is very worrying:

Glinda.Good
IDK, although if I were to take a wild guess it would be the Democratic party?

So, let me get this straight. You are suspicious of Oprah because she suggested that racism is so ingrained in some cultures that the only way it can be eradicated is for the purveyors to die out. And you think that she is evilly paving the way for …

THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY???

Listen. I can respect all kinds of perspectives that are different from my own, but you are really off base with the idea that God has a favorite political party and that it's yours.

• Like 3
  • Author

Forget about politics. Oprah is dangerous because she is a powerful prominent of New Ageism. She is paving the way for the antichrist. By the time the antichrist finally comes, Oprah and those like her will have the world wrapped around his finger without a single fight.

TheFinalWord

To OP: An empirical test...

If Oprah puts the bible on her book club list, would sales sky rocket? (Probably not unless Harpo productions invested in Zondervan ;)

Would it have the same effect as Christening (no pun intended) Dr. Phil or Dr. Ozz?

Glinda.Good
Forget about politics. Oprah is dangerous because she is a powerful prominent of New Ageism. She is paving the way for the antichrist. By the time the antichrist finally comes, Oprah and those like her will have the world wrapped around his finger without a single fight.

I'm sorry, but not too many people are going to get behind you in your fear of Oprah Winfrey.

According to your beliefs, the antichrist is coming, no matter what. So why not leave Oprah and folks who have different spiritual paths than you do out of it. Just be ready, yourself.

It does say in the Bible that a great many of you who are so sure of yourselves will be left out …

• Author

The only Bible Oprah put on her list was the Poisonwood Bible, a story about a zealous missionary father and husband who, God forbid, preaches allegiance to God's kingdom more than even our own families. He is portrayed as a villain. Is it any wonder why the millions of Oprahites in America consider Christian fathers dangerous and abusive if they truly believe the Bible? One more step in brainwashing America.

• Like 1
  • Author
I'm sorry, but not too many people are going to get behind you in your fear of Oprah Winfrey.

LOL, fear? Come on now.

• Author
Well, you described her as "dangerous."

What about Martha Stewart?

Dangerous, as in dangerous to those caught in her false religion.

And I don't know anything about Martha Stewart.

TheFinalWord
The only Bible Oprah put on her list was the Poisonwood Bible, a story about a zealous missionary father and husband who, God forbid, preaches allegiance to God's kingdom more than even our own families. He is portrayed as a villain. Is it any wonder why the millions of Oprahites in America consider Christian fathers dangerous and abusive if they truly believe the Bible? One more step in brainwashing America.

Yeah, I don't know anything about her other than her notoriety as a pop culture icon.

Anyway, I thought this was a joke thread; it seems serious.

I'll leave you with a final video :p

• Like 2
  • Author
Yeah, I don't know anything about her other than her notoriety as a pop culture icon.

Anyway, I thought this was a joke thread; it seems serious.

I'll leave you with a final video :p

Seen it. ;)

• Like 1
dreamingoftigers

Oh boy.:confused:

I must be reading something on the Internet again........

Oprah.....leading the way for the Anti-Christ.

It's stuff like this that gives people the heebies-jeebies about organized religion.

Especially attacking another human being who is trying herself to explore her spirituality and encourage others to do so.

And I'm a Mormon.

• Like 3
  • Author
Oh boy.:confused:

I must be reading something on the Internet again........

Oprah.....leading the way for the Anti-Christ.

It's stuff like this that gives people the heebies-jeebies about organized religion.

Especially attacking another human being who is trying herself to explore her spirituality and encourage others to do so.

And I'm a Mormon.

If you applied basic scriptural concepts to this discussion, you would see that my point here is completely within reason. I don't care if it gives the heebie-jeebies. Heebie-jeebies are just feelings. They don't necessarily reflect truth. It's more of a reflection of the general concensus of society than it is truth.

• Author

With all the sarcasm and poking fun here at my antichrist comments, I wonder if any single person here could give me even a basic key point summary of what the antichrist spirit is. I figure you all would know since you believe my comparison of Oprah to the antichrist spirit is outlandish,

dreamingoftigers
If you applied basic scriptural concepts to this discussion, you would see that my point here is completely within reason. I don't care if it gives the heebie-jeebies. Heebie-jeebies are just feelings. They don't necessarily reflect truth. It's more of a reflection of the general concensus of society than it is truth.

With all the sarcasm and poking fun here at my antichrist comments, I wonder if any single person here could give me even a basic key point summary of what the antichrist spirit is. I figure you all would know since you believe my comparison of Oprah to the antichrist spirit is outlandish,

I thought the thread was Bible vs. Oprah for influence on women.

I asked how, no response.

Then the thread shifted to how Oprah is paving the way for the Anti-Christ.

So, um, yeah.....feelings don't necessarily NOT reflect the truth.

And the point is that most people listen to their feelings to guide them and as a Christian, that makes you a missionary of sorts. That being the case, considering one's audience is the best and most certain way to save souls. Christ was very clear about his stances, for sure, but he was also a compassionate man and understood how to listen to the questions and misgivings of those who were open to learning. Stances that kill curiousity and encourage divisiveness only serve the Adversary.

I will simply not play "scripture challenge" with you. Not because I can't play, but because we all know that different congregations apply different contexts to scriptural truths. Some view scripture as often more metaphorical. Some literal. Some incomplete. Some view it as a choice of agency. In fact, having distinct inflexibility in the meanings of scripture would also serve the Adversary because it would say that "my perspective sits above all others and is immune to criticism or question." In a sense, a form of self-worship.

I believe, personally, in people having hope and exploring on their own. Christ will gather those who are open to him, and will forgive those who do not get to hear the message in this life. But spreading the appropriate message is also a requirement. Or else the apostles could have just stayed home instead of being martyred.

• Like 1
TheFinalWord

If its any comfort to you, Hollywood in general is anti-Christ IMHO. I guess I have a different approach. I would rather people study the bible and then they don't need people to tell them to watch for this false teacher and that. When we do that it is easy for people to start hating, when those that are lost should be recipients of our prayers. I can only think of one time the apostles named names in the bible, though they constantly taught the church how to recognize error (Paul stated Alexander the cooper-smith did him much evil). They can recognize it for themselves. Teach a man to fish or something like that ;)

In terms of spirit of anti-Christ, it's all mapped out in 1 John 4 :)

If a spirit denies Christ has come in the flesh, it is not of God. Those that reject the gospel of the apostles are not of God (John then proceeds to lay out the gospel so there is no gray area).

• Like 2