Had the chat, agreed to be exclusive. How to manage next stage...

• Author
OP, you need to learn to stop mind-reading and assuming things. Also, if you want to reconcile go for it now. What the heck is this thing about it being too fresh? The longer you wait the more people move on. -_-

Shes going away tomorrow to a festival for 4 days. Shall i drop her a line and ask her to meet after shes back?

Shes going away tomorrow to a festival for 4 days. Shall i drop her a line and ask her to meet after shes back?

Sigh that would be the same thing as when you told her you had to talk and waited 7 days to have the actual conversation about being exclusive. Just call her.

ThorntonMelon

Only thing I'd say here is when it's this hard...it's probably a good sign something is wrong. I wouldn't be as harsh to OP as others - seems to me this girl is full blown wishy washy and not a good LTR candidate. I think she's a good "have fun" type but as soon as it gets too close she'll kill you emotionally.

Only thing I'd say here is when it's this hard...it's probably a good sign something is wrong. I wouldn't be as harsh to OP as others - seems to me this girl is full blown wishy washy and not a good LTR candidate. I think she's a good "have fun" type but as soon as it gets too close she'll kill you emotionally.

I think they're both wishy washy and have game-playing tendencies that will affect every relationship they get into.

• Like 1
  • Author
Sigh that would be the same thing as when you told her you had to talk and waited 7 days to have the actual conversation about being exclusive. Just call her.

Ah thats true. Not sure what to do

• Author
I think they're both wishy washy and have game-playing tendencies that will affect every relationship they get into.

Regardless of the games, my intentions were good, hers were not. She avoided me, whereas i played hard to get, but made the effort whenever i was with her. She kept me sweet when not face to face, created excuses for not being able to meet due to her busy schedule, went excluisve and then when she met me she was all over me (her games were weird), but i gave her the benefit of the doubs because of her current struggles.

Previously she was in 6 year relationship, 1 year single then a 1.5 year relationship then 3 months single and then i met her.

You are assuming things about her intentions that may or may not be real. Your behavior probably looks the same from her perspective regardless of your intentions. When you have a strong enough sense of self you would not want to play games because they are there to protect egos or get sex but doesn't work for finding good long term partners.

• Like 1
ThorntonMelon
Regardless of the games, my intentions were good, hers were not. She avoided me, whereas i played hard to get, but made the effort whenever i was with her. She kept me sweet when not face to face, created excuses for not being able to meet due to her busy schedule, went excluisve and then when she met me she was all over me (her games were weird), but i gave her the benefit of the doubs because of her current struggles.

Previously she was in 6 year relationship, 1 year single then a 1.5 year relationship then 3 months single and then i met her.

Exactly. So why are you calling her?

• Author
Exactly. So why are you calling her?

Im not calling her. i want to make the right decision, but like her very much.

Not sure if you had the chance to read the full post, but she was so happy to go exclusive, but declared to me that she needed to find herself and lover herself, before she could give herself to me fully. I guess there are things that i dont know that caused her to do this. i know my previous actions didnt help, but i was being very extra nice to show her how much i care. Not smothering her, but being caring.

When someone says my heart wants you but my mind is saying no, is this rubbish or is it true and what does it mean for getting back together?

• Author

So Monday we broke up

Shes text yesterday 'i hope you're brother in law is ok' (she knew he was in hospital) i texted back saying 'hes recovering, thanks'

Today

Photo up on facebook of me being out after work at a place she knows. She likes the photo and writes a comment 'good boy!'.

What is she playing at? we said our goodbyes on the phone on sunday night and i told her we probably wont be seeing each other so all the best in life.

It does not matter why she does this or that.

Tell her you acted impulsively and you want her back.

It will be a yes or a no.

End of story.

• Like 1

Only you can decide whether your ego is more important or a potential relationship with her. Stop trying to read her mind. We cannot do it either.

• Author
It does not matter why she does this or that.

Tell her you acted impulsively and you want her back.

It will be a yes or a no.

End of story.

She have now emailed me this morning:

'I miss you xx'

She have now emailed me this morning:

'I miss you xx'

come on!!! I am still looking for an happy ending here!

call her!!

:)

• Author
come on!!! I am still looking for an happy ending here!

call her!!

:)

I would love to see a happy ending too. BUT why would she do this? Why should i jump at her teling me she misses me? I know she said her heart wants me but her mind says dont....then why this?

I would love to see a happy ending too. BUT why would she do this? Why should i jump at her teling me she misses me? I know she said her heart wants me but her mind says dont....then why this?

why you dont stop analyzing her actions and words and try to save this relationship before it is too late?

she said she misses you - you think breaking up was a mistake so please just do something about!!

• Author
why you dont stop analyzing her actions and words and try to save this relationship before it is too late?

she said she misses you - you think breaking up was a mistake so please just do something about!!

Ok thanks, but i didnt break up with her, she broke up with me?

I will message her, but dont know what to say exactly.

Ok thanks, but i didnt break up with her, she broke up with me?

I will message her, but dont know what to say exactly.

ap10 you are unbelievable! Tell her you miss her too!! you want her back and together you can work things through.

• Like 1
  • Author
ap10 you are unbelievable! Tell her you miss her too!! you want her back and together you can work things through.

ok i understand, but how can she be so hot and cold for 2 weeks and then breakup and then do this? Why should i believe she means it? Seriously people. I mean i like her alot, but having been so nice to her in the last 3 weeks and for her break up with me with whatever problems she has. Do you think it is right for me to just simply say 'yes i miss you too, lets work it out'?

I know people are saying dont analyse it, but i have to be careful because her mind is clearly not all there. BUT i like her

• Author

I am going to reply. 'Whats this about??' She needs to explain herself is she misses me.

Would you guys agree?

No, I think you should reply "well what are you going to do about it?"

Even if OP is in denial about it, he's the one who initiated the break up. I don't think it's up to her to fix it.

• Author
Even if OP is in denial about it, he's the one who initiated the break up. I don't think it's up to her to fix it.

Ok i think we both contributed to the break.

Could really do with something more reserved to say here?

I dont think its right to tell her that i miss her because she could just being do this to get my attention on a bad day

PegNosePete

Eh, really?

declared to me that she needed to find herself and lover herself, before she could give herself to me fully.

Sounds like she's the one with commitment issues.

• Author
Eh, really?

Sounds like she's the one with commitment issues.

Shall i say 'Whats this all about??'