Consolidated discussion - "Leagues"

Ill repeat it, there are no leagues, because if that was true only beautiful couples would exist and that is not the case.

There are always exceptions to the rule, and you just found one.

Leagues do indeed exist.

ScreamingTrees
Clearly that is the final test of what league you are in dating wise and physical attractiveness wise.

A too like the one in my Op is more for fun, and for getting a rough handle on where one ought to be. This is especially for people who haven't dated much / at all.

But even then.. What constitutes an upper-tier "nice body" or a "pretty face"?

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/001228127/Skinny20vs20Curvy20Malia20Sarai_xlarge.jpeg

I find myself most physically attracted to women who'd fit in-between the middle/thick girl. Some guys go for skinny girls with no ass, I prefer a skinny girl with no boobs, all ass.. Hell, some guys love girls who're big all over, girls who look medically obese, just go on youtube and look up BBWs..

• Author
Fine. Leagues exist.

Now what?

Now they readjust their people picker to pick people who are within reach.

When I was younger I really liked gymnastics. I was pretty good at it. By high school I accepted that I'd never get to do it in college let alone something like the Olympics. Then you know what, I still did it for fun. Friends would bet people that I could not stand on one leg with the other leg raised up over my head. I choose something within reach.

That's what needs to happen for some people. Instead of vainly reaching for the attainable, unavailable, challenge... just love the ones who are available, attainable, and who will make it easy for you.

ScreamingTrees

When I was younger I really liked gymnastics. I was pretty good at it. By high school I accepted that I'd never get to do it in college let alone something like the Olympics. Then you know what, I still did it for fun. Friends would bet people that I could not stand on one leg with the other leg raised up over my head. I choose something within reach.

That's what needs to happen for some people. Instead of vainly reaching for the attainable, unavailable, challenge... just love the ones who are available, attainable, and who will make it easy for you.

The problem with this advice is, if we take this advice to it's extreme conclusion, a guy should go for someone who's less than their ideal, who's as unattractive to them as they may be to the people they're pursuing, in the chances that they're likely more attracted and genuinely eager to be with them. In reality, they'd be desperate for anyone, and I foresee conflict and pain for both sides in the end.

You also must obviously realize that most of the posters cannot get true help because we can only take so much from words, and obviously what one says is not always reality.

A person can think that they're ugly and that's the culprit, but they may just never socialize and have poor social skills or anxiety. I'm willing to bet this is a major issue for a number of people here, they just don't see it because they're too ignorant and are going to continue to fail anyway, so it's best to have an easy excuse. People on here can only appease them and assume that they are as unattractive as they say, but I'm sure that they're not all being as objective as they think.

Same goes for people thinking they're TOTALLY hot ****, only for a number of posters to be thinking they're a bit delusional.

There's no way to really know who's reaching for the stars, I guarantee you a majority of the guys probably aren't, they're just too awkward and need to work on how they present themselves to people and women..

• Like 1
  • Author
The problem with this advice is, if we take this advice to it's extreme conclusion, a guy should go for someone who's less than their ideal, who's as unattractive to them as they may be to the people they're pursuing, in the chances that they're likely more attracted and genuinely eager to be with them. In reality, they'd be desperate for anyone, and I foresee conflict and pain for both sides in the end.

You also must obviously realize that most of the posters cannot get true help because we can only take so much from words, and obviously what one says is not always reality.

A person can think that they're ugly and that's the culprit, but they may just never socialize and have poor social skills or anxiety. I'm willing to bet this is a major issue for a number of people here, they just don't see it because they're too ignorant and are going to continue to fail anyway, so it's best to have an easy excuse. People on here can only appease them and assume that they are as unattractive as they say, but I'm sure that they're not all being as objective as they think.

Same goes for people thinking they're TOTALLY hot ****, only for a number of posters to be thinking they're a bit delusional.

There's no way to really know who's reaching for the stars, I guarantee you a majority of the guys probably aren't, they're just too awkward and need to work on how they present themselves to people and women..

Two points.

All the women in your picture were models. A plus size model's body, if you take their measurements, still obeys the rules of symmetry and proportions to which I have refered.

As I pointed out in a prior post. Kim Kardashian at 5'3" 34 26 40 has a body that has the same critical ratio's as say Adriana Lima...a VS model. The same waist to hip ratio, the same legg to height ratio, the same symmetrical face and well proportioned face. They are both just different variations on the theme.

Someone who's got a hump back and a club legg or half a face that's soooo ulgy they need to hide it with a mask only gets a hot girl in fiction.

I suffer from both. Ugliness and lack of social skills when it comes to meeting women.

• Author
I suffer from both. Ugliness and lack of social skills when it comes to meeting women.

IT geek. Aren't there at least a few women in IT where you are? I know they exist. They might look nerdy but I assure you they have a beauty to them as well.

Readjust their what?

You are going to like who you are going to like.

I really don't like what you're saying one bit. I know you think you're being realistic...but damn...if you don't rise up for the challenge...what's the point of life?

• Like 1
These are my "leagues"

People I'm attracted to.

People I'm not attracted to.

The end :)

/thread

I'm still at a loss why this thread is still going. Everyone is attracted to different people. Someone you find attractive may be not to someone else.

/thread

I'm still at a loss why this thread is still going. Everyone is attracted to different people. Someone you find attractive may be not to someone else.

The whole thread is about how women are attracted to you.

It has nothing to do with with what women men are attracted to.

For example, I think she's hot.

Would she date me?

No way in hell.

I'm not in her league.

Edited by somedude81
The whole thread is about how women are attracted to you.

It has nothing to do with with what women men are attracted to.

Well then, that's just as easy: some will be, some won't be. Why? Sorry, not every girl is attracted to a guy.

Okay, maybe "leagues" exist, but only in a guy's mind when they can't get with a girl they like because she's "out of his league". Honestly, you can't force attraction and it'll either be there or it won't be. Whether the girl gives the guy a chance or not to see if something forms (which it can) is up to them.

There are billions of women out there. Why worry about one?

I edited my post.

Leagues are about a certain type of look and not about the individual.

I could find 100 girls that I think are equal to Shay in looks and not one would ever date a guy who looks like me.

I've also been rejected by plenty of girls I thought were in my league, which only makes things more confusing.

• Like 1
ScreamingTrees
Two points.

All the women in your picture were models. A plus size model's body, if you take their measurements, still obeys the rules of symmetry and proportions to which I have refered.

As I pointed out in a prior post. Kim Kardashian at 5'3" 34 26 40 has a body that has the same critical ratio's as say Adriana Lima...a VS model. The same waist to hip ratio, the same legg to height ratio, the same symmetrical face and well proportioned face. They are both just different variations on the theme.

Someone who's got a hump back and a club legg or half a face that's soooo ulgy they need to hide it with a mask only gets a hot girl in fiction.

Well, how many people, male or female, here or anywhere, look that bad? Very few people out there do look THAT bad.. That's an extreme, be it low or high-end.

I don't really care if they're models, to be honest. I just can't find any average girls on google image search when I search for "thick/skinny/curvy/ect." girl.. Only "models" come up. To be honest, I'm not impressed by models in general.

Take away all of the crap and trickery that they use to really boost their image for a photo or video, and they're really not much better than anyone else. Most models I've seen without make-up look as bad as any girl in a store, or even WAY worse. Some of them straight up look like lanky aliens to me, personally, but I could still find them attractive if I liked them as a person. Same goes with any girl I see in the street, really. Maybe I'm atypical in that manner.

And I see plenty of every day women that I feel are attractive enough to do some form of "modeling".. Hell, I see faces on ads in stores that look like any old random person shopping there, which I guess is the point, but they are attractive in their own right..

I personally know I have a delusionally negative self image. I can't speak for every other poster who feels that their struggle is particularly difficult relative to others, but I'm sure many of them don't even try because they give up.

I notice that the difference between me getting a girl's attention out in public or being invisible was my internal attitude. I figure it showed, because when I was feeling happy and relaxed and talkative and confident in who I was, girls seem to take notice of you and glance your way. I figure these guys are just as oblivious as I am to that, or they're never in that kind of mood.. ever. Negativity perpetuates negativity, especially if it's internal.

Regardless, I think that even a so-called ugly person going for someone they think isn't that great looking is going to hurt whoever's that unlucky to have attracted such an inconsiderate jerk.. That's what I think.

• Author
With all it's faults, I find that the marquardt mask is a fairly decent tool for analyzing facial proportions. It's meant to fit over the eyes but you can typically fit it over any feature if you want to understand the facial proportions of an individual.

The male mask:

http://i.imgur.com/rR8gO.png

the female one:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-tJu2kqqk-iE/TbUMQz8GM1I/AAAAAAAAAA8/5Yw8QnH01xg/s1600/face.jpg

I've seen that before.

What the website in my original post does is basically apply that mask to your picture. Notice the points you label on your photo, correspond to key points on that mask. (The corner of the eyes, and mouth. Not the ears though.)

The computer then calculates by what fraction your face varies from this idealized face. Suppose your face is 70% in line with those ideal proportions...that becomes a 7 on a scale of one to ten.

This isn't meant to replace human interaction or personal judgement. This isn't meant to discriminate against people. It just occurs to me that people will say a bunch of sun shine and lolipops BS about this topic and never tell the truth.

There is a reason that guys who look like David Bowie marry women who look like Iman.

A pair of 9's or 10's if there ever was one.

http://davidbowienews.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/david-bowie-and-iman-9.jpg

Women like Whoopi Goldberg who was married to Ted Danson.

A pair of 8's.

http://l.yimg.com/os/289/2012/02/09/Danson-Goldberg-MadeInAmerica0993-jpg_001640.jpg

You never see a really severe mismatch when attractiveness is looked at on this really basic an universal level.

• Author
So I took this ugly pic of me with my webcam and scored 8.71

Directupload.net - dr23ziv2.jpg

Amount of real 8.71 women who would go on a date with me if I showed them this pic: 0

:laugh:

Pretty much proves that this is BS.

Oh please. Yes "I score an (8 or 9) with this horrible picture"

{Image of poster looking like a slightly wind blown model}

"That just prove this is BS. I got this high score, but I'm not bragging because this is bs" :/ Yeah. Umhumm. Right. :\

:)

Seriously though look not at your Derrick Zoolander hairdo and look at your bone structure and facial symmetry and proportions. They are pretty good. I would also say you have a strong chin, good skin, and nice enchanting eyes. If you truly think you look ugly you need to get therapy.

• Like 1

Does anyone find it helpful to put an "ideal" mask over their face, and note how their own face differs from this supposed ideal?

If the goal is to find a mate, surely there is a focus that will be more productive!

My poor self image is unfortunately an accurate one.

OLD is only good if you are at least a 7, IMHO.

And my poor self image is accurate also, as evidenced by my lack of female interaction since my divorce.

So I took this ugly pic of me with my webcam and scored 8.71

Directupload.net - dr23ziv2.jpg

Amount of real 8.71 women who would go on a date with me if I showed them this pic: 0

:laugh:

Pretty much proves that this is BS.

The program just measures facial symmetry.

My face is less symmetrical so I get a 6.9

http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff470/Nornalhorst/2013-01-14005450_zps0af9a3fb.jpg

Oh please. Yes "I score an (8 or 9) with this horrible picture"

{Image of poster looking like a slightly wind blown model}

"That just prove this is BS. I got this high score, but I'm not bragging because this is bs" :/ Yeah. Umhumm. Right. :\

:)

Seriously though look not at your Derrick Zoolander hairdo and look at your bone structure and facial symmetry and proportions. They are pretty good. I would also say you have a strong chin, good skin, and nice enchanting eyes. If you truly think you look ugly you need to get therapy.

I appreciate the flattery (I really do), but if I need therapy I'd suggest the hundreds of average-at-best women who coldly rejected me outright need it as well then.

I think it is fairly normal to not think high of oneself after being treated like a ghost, a child or a predator by 95% of women and girls..

Edited by Failboy
  • Like 1
  • Author

Well Necris it is true that your face has less symmetry. But what I do see in your face is plenty of signs of masculinity and dominance. Women have show a preference for these features as well.

(Just to make this all more complex there is the well known result that showed women prefer one kind of guy at one point in their cycle and another in another part of their cycle.)

@Failboy.

Perhaps the problem is as Carhill is known to have said, a broken people picker. I think that's the problem for many of us. We pick the wrong people to give our attentions to. Where others can look at someone's demeanor and overall way of acting an know that they are not interested or not playing with a full deck we can't.

A sane woman will, at worst, give you a clear and concise no, without passing judgement on you for having asked them.

That program gave me a 7.4 and my boyfriend a 5.1.

Trust me, I know that more girls would find him attractive than guys who would find me attractive. He's definitely not a 5.

I'd get a kick out of showing this to him though. :D