Consolidated discussion - "Leagues"

I was just wondering. What physical traits? What characteristics?

I'm about 6"1', 160 pounds. Somewhat toned, but I'm going to the gym more often. I've never had a girlfriend or significant other. I'd rather not post my picture.

Based on this info, what league do you think I'd be in?

Minors. Maybe sandlot.

League number 3. Without a picture this is useless.

Based on that state though, you're too skinny for my taste and I most probably wouldn't date you, no matter what league you belong to.

normal person

I'm about 6"1', 160 pounds. Somewhat toned, but I'm going to the gym more often. I've never had a girlfriend or significant other. I'd rather not post my picture.

What "leagues" are there? (Before I realized you were a guy, I read "somewhat toned, 6'1" and 160 lbs" -- I thought you were going to say you were in the WNBA).

Seriously though, you seem to think there's a chart with your height on one axis and your weight on the other determining how attractive you are. How attractive you are is completely subjective and not entirely physical.

Everyone looks for different things in another person. Looks, career, charisma, personality, values, are pretty common themes but there's no one answer in stone. I guess you could say the more universally desirable traits you have, the better your "league."

• Like 2

If you've never had a girlfriend ever, the logical assumption would be there is low attractiveness there. Your height and weight are not going to help anyone determine your league.

Eternal Sunshine

Too skinny for me. And without a picture and meeting you in person, it's hard to tell. It's about looks, style, intelligence, personality, employment etc

Sure there is

http://i47.tinypic.com/k4te77.jpg

Not saying it's accurate or anything.

Heh, lets see.

Body and face and I'd say I'm a 6. Then I do the rise over run to find the slope. Y = MX+B and B = 5'6

Y = Below average.

Eh, seems about right.

If I was 5'8, I'd be average.

Leagues are not clear cut; not unless your really really hot, in the top 10% of the population, or really seriously ugly.

....Some people on this website have said I was not attractive. What's more, I am just a college student, still at college at age 26.

......Well, in real life a lot of people tend to find me attractive (people around me, friends male and female, children have told me)

I also have friends who have respectable jobs, like engineers or other high paying, sought after jobs.

I guess your status, and only being a "lowly college student'' in my case, who is not even that attractive" has NOT stopped me from having a lot of guys in my life, become interested in dating me.

I have walked through life these past two years being told I am attractive by enough people around me.

When i walk into a bar, a lot of men look at me because I have a great shaped body, without having to be classically beautiful in my face.

I have a great sense of style too and I embrace being able to expess my personality through my clothes and bags and shoes.....

I have ALWAYS had decent men interested in dating me, thse past years....

However, I know I am not super hot, and I know I am not attractive to "most" men.

Yet enough people think I am attractive and a great enough girl to consider as a dating prospect.

.....The point is: plenty of people do not find me attractive on this website, and yet I have decent men who are interested in me in my real life.

............... I am an ugly women to many people on here, yet have no issues with finding interested men (not for sex, for relatioships, men who are actually into me).

MAYBE I have such an awesome personality that men around me overlook my " bad looks":lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

You have to judge yourself to use this chart? I'm 6' and would give myself at least a 9...so I'm a model!! Pretty dumb chart although I do have to agree with the result. Haha

Original Poster, in order to find out what league you are in, you need to post a picture and ask people to rate 1-10. Then take taht average and knock off 2.5 pts and you will have your league +/- 1.5. The reason I say knock off 2.5 points is because people on this forum are way too nice/have low standards :)

I don't think anyone should determine a "league" personally. I'm currently dating someone who I never would have thought would have been interested in me, because he's much more attractive than me...but he thinks I'm also attractive, so what do you know? I think you should look for people that you're attracted to, no matter if you think you're "better" or "worse" than they are, and give things a shot. That's what dating is for.

When I was dating and single I never had a league, I dated whoever I wanted to, the idea that there are leagues is crazy stuff...

I guess if you wanted to access a league if you think you are in one then ask a guy friend of yours... he will be honest

• Like 3
I'm going to the gym and eating a lot so that I can bulk up. I'm trying to get to 210 pounds. I believe if I was bigger, I'd be placed in a new league, especially since the chicks here say they don't like skinny guys. Again, it just adds more weight (no pun intended) to the fact that chicks like the muscular Adonis shape.

You are trying to gain 50 lbs???? That will be at least 80% fat...You can probably gain about 10-15 lbs first year working out then maybe 5 per year after that. Tops!

Lol... that's not true. Do you even work out?

Yes, I do. I'm 6' 180 lbs and have been working out religiously for about 7 years now. I may have been slightly exaggerating...bu at any rate, let me know when you gain 50 lbs of PURE MUSCLE.

Not to be an ass, but is a 6'1" 160 lbs kid trying to tell me about working out? haha :p

TouchedByViolet

Speaking strictly physically it is about how many options you have for dating and whether those options are someone you are interested in. Leagues need to incorporate both the subjective and objective elements of attraction.

If you look at yourself and see how many options you have at any give moment and how long you stay single it will tell you plenty about your league.

Speaking strictly physically it is about how many options you have for dating and whether those options are someone you are interested in. Leagues need to incorporate both the subjective and objective elements of attraction.

If you look at yourself and see how many options you have at any give moment and how long you stay single it will tell you plenty about your league.

I would have to agree. A guy who can easily get into relationships in in a far better leage than a guy who's been single for a decade.

Whatever man. I just know I need to gain more weight.

I'm just giving you a hard time...set a realistic goal for yourself though...if you don't mind gaining some fat while bulking, shoot for 25 lbs for the next year...if you are going for strictly muscle, aim for 15.

When you are attracted to a woman, and she is attracted to you: congratulations! You have found your league.

What about for the guys not in relationships?

Too skinny for me. And without a picture and meeting you in person, it's hard to tell. It's about looks, style, intelligence, personality, employment etc

Are you a man? You listed looks first and personality almost last? You forgot confidence too!

"beauty is in the eyes of the beholder." Also known as "there is no such thing as leagues"

Approach the woman you like and see how it goes.

• Like 2
Eternal Sunshine
Are you a man? You listed looks first and personality almost last? You forgot confidence too!

:laugh:

No, not a man. When it comes to leagues people initially asses on obvious, which is looks. It is often unconscious.

Many people here claim that they don't believe in leagues. Yet, when they meet someone they either feel attracted or not. Most often "attracted" means in the same league as them or above. It's basically the same concept.