Consolidated discussion - "Leagues"

C'mon, those online face-pic upload attractiveness rating sites are no different than the "enter your name and the name of your crush to determine if you're astrologically made for one another" sites..

The astro sites are much more accurate.

• Like 4

There are leagues. People of the same level of attractiveness, education, salary all usually end up together the vast majority of the time

• Author

@Colez Fanboy

I freely acknowledge that this software is limited. It can't replace just dating around and asking out people of varying attractiveness's. However being mindful of it's limits it is still a useful tool.

What this program really looks at is basically the underlying bone and muscle structure of a persons face. These are features that only change through cosmetic surgery.

There are leagues. People of the same level of attractiveness, education, salary all usually end up together the vast majority of the time

Yet somehow this is a controversial proposition. There do exist odd couples who are some of the best happiest couples out there.

However those people are the exception not the rule. What's more is, my observation, even those couples who are mis matched in terms of various social and socioeconomic factors are still matched in terms of looks and deep seated personality traits. They form bonds that are strong and which don't depend on outside influence to keep them together.

This is why these "face analyzing" sites and "leagues" are complete BS and are actually more harmful than helpful.

I don't need anyone and especially anyTHING telling me what MY limits are. No, thank you. I'd rather go out and find out what they are on my own...and once I know what they are...tear them the **** down.

• Like 1
  • Author
This is why these "face analyzing" sites and "leagues" are complete BS and are actually more harmful than helpful.

I don't need anyone and especially anyTHING telling me what MY limits are. No, thank you. I'd rather go out and find out what they are on my own...and once I know what they are...tear them the **** down.

That's an admirable thing to say. When it comes to most things that is a winning attitude.

However, I don't think that when it comes to finding love that works. In love one's rewards are never proportional to how hard they work.

How many guys and gals come on here and ask us what more they could do to win that unattainable person? How much harder could the charm? How much more accomodating could they be? How much more of a challenge should they be? What hard work can they do to win that love? No, it does not work that way.

The happiest people in love I know all found someone attinable and appropriate to their looks, and core personality traits. Why is finding someone who may not be a 10 but who makes you feel like an 11 a bad thing?

That's an admirable thing to say. When it comes to most things that is a winning attitude.

However, I don't think that when it comes to finding love that works. In love one's rewards are never proportional to how hard they work.

How many guys and gals come on here and ask us what more they could do to win that unattainable person? How much harder could the charm? How much more accomodating could they be? How much more of a challenge should they be? What hard work can they do to win that love? No, it does not work that way.

The happiest people in love I know all found someone attinable and appropriate to their looks, and core personality traits. Why is finding someone who may not be a 10 but who makes you feel like an 11 a bad thing?

Who said anything about work? I've never ever had to work for my relationships and my marriage and relationship to my wife was the easiest thing I've ever done.

No one should have to work on RELATIONSHIPS.

Some people might have to work on themselves, but that has to do with your own life experience...in everything you do, not just relationships.

Tell me...how do YOU use this site?

What number are you? Now, when you go out and see women do you ask for their mugshots so you can analyze them...and if they match your number do you ask them out?

You might think you're a 10 but to someone else, you might be a 4. And vice versa.

^^^Which has been my argument this whole time. There are no leagues. Certainly I can't be the only one who's seen a gorgeous woman with a guy that...is not so gorgeous, and subsequently question the fairness of life.

^^^Which has been my argument this whole time. There are no leagues. Certainly I can't be the only one who's seen a gorgeous woman with a guy that...is not so gorgeous, and subsequently question the fairness of life.

I've seen it all the time.

One is my wife's sister...whose husband is definitely the better looking guy. Another is someone I used to work with. She's a STUNNER. At work every guy would have killed to have a crack at her. She married a guy that seriously looks like her dad. Her UGLY dad. He's not even rich or anything in case someone was wondering. Another couple is a "former" best friend of my wife and I. She's a former model (latina, real skinny, fake boobs) for stuff like Low Rider, etc. Her husband is a club promoter...real nice guy but not exactly high on the looks department...and she makes more money than he does.

• Author
Who said anything about work? I've never ever had to work for my relationships and my marriage and relationship to my wife was the easiest thing I've ever done.

No one should have to work on RELATIONSHIPS.

Then we are generally in agreement. No one should ever have to work on or in or for a relationship. It should just flow naturally.

But, what you said about "tearing down your limits and such". Implies work...at the very least some form of cosmetic surgery.

Some people might have to work on themselves, but that has to do with your own life experience...in everything you do, not just relationships.

Tell me...how do YOU use this site?

What number are you? Now, when you go out and see women do you ask for their mugshots so you can analyze them...and if they match your number do you ask them out?

Don't be absurd. I found the website yesterday and pointed it out because it looked like a fun little website. :D

You might think you're a 10 but to someone else, you might be a 4. And vice versa.

Joe maybe I just haven't explained correctly what this website is trying to do.

It is a provable and documented fact that symmetry and good proportions are attractive. Do you dispute that?

If not then what the computer program this website runs is doing, and it's limitations, makes perfect sense. All it's doing is taking some measurements. Computing some proportions, and then taking a weighted average of how well you measure up to this ideally symmetrical and proportional face. For what it's designed to do it's as good as anything you can get for free.

It's not meant to replace one's own judgement.

You can find minor examples of anything doesn't really make it the majority. Of course there are not so attractive guys with attractive women and vice versa. Or really wealthy women with not so wealthy guys but can we say that's the norm? Of course not.

Kanye west makes more money then 99% of college graduates. So I guess we can now conclude that people without degrees make more money then people with them because I have one example of that being true :laugh:

Mrlonelyone,

But my point is...what GOOD will come from this? I can admit that physical symmetry is attractive...though I think that's only a small part of the big picture.

But for ****s and giggles let's just assume that it's a huge part of the picture.

So you use this website and ASSUMING you place the dots ever so carefully, you get assigned this number.

So now you know your number. What next? What do you do with this knowledge?

• Author
Mrlonelyone,

But my point is...what GOOD will come from this? I can admit that physical symmetry is attractive...though I think that's only a small part of the big picture.

But for ****s and giggles let's just assume that it's a huge part of the picture.

So you use this website and ASSUMING you place the dots ever so carefully, you get assigned this number.

So now you know your number. What next? What do you do with this knowledge?

Well I look at it this way. The number it assigns you is only true to reality to within a variance of 0.5 or 1.5. So I look at the number it gives me as being within about give or take one point. My score isn't really just 8.5 it is 8.5 +/- 1 .

It's not like I'd say Hmmm I scored a 8.53 so anyone an 8.529999999999 or less is unacceptable. Understand what Im trying to say?

The next thing I did was think back on all my sexual partners since I lost it. Male and female alike I'd be willing to bet they feel within about one point of my score. To me this makes the program feel credible. I haven't been conciously assigning numbers to people, no one does.

That's when I took a couple of actors headshots. People who are generally agreed upon as being good looking and scored them. They were high 8's and 9's a few 7's. This gave me a good idea of where I stand in the pack based just on facial symmetry and proportions.

That does not mean it defines me as a mate and a whole person. It's just one important aspect of what makes one attractive or unattractive.

Who I thought here could really use this website and what they could use it for.

If you are a woman who is never approached for a date. If you are a man who is never accepted for a date. Especially if you are in one of those situations yet everyone tells you, "Your a good looking person". This website can give a dispassionate assessment of your facial attractiveness.

Some of those people may be getting lied to about how they look. No one has the guts to tell them that one eye is higher up than the other and that their nose is too big etc.

Some of those people really do look just fine...but they need to work on other personal issues before they will find a date and a mate.

In either case a really impersonally and objective assessment can be revealing.

I never meant to say that people should use a website like this and then discriminate based on the number it assigned. It's just a way of finding out if the people who reassure you that you look fine are full of it. It could also be a way of finding out if your judgement of your intended, as being attainable to you is realistic or a pipe dream.

It's not easy to find a homely, PhD, six figure income lady. :p

• Like 1
There are no leagues. Certainly I can't be the only one who's seen a gorgeous woman with a guy that...is not so gorgeous, and subsequently question the fairness of life.

While this may be true, it is the exception more than the norm. I still believe there are definitely "leagues" out there.

Leagues are crap. If we are going to "judge" others lets not use this bullcrap system of symmetry. Let's use humor, intellect, openness, adaptability, capability, and last but not least compassion.

Because of my upbringing I have never placed a high value on the external. I realize this too shall pass. And everyone will be left with their own experience and honestly determine their own value at the end of this life. The happen chance of beauty is a fleeting one. We should value more the quality of a human.

• Like 2

MrLonelyguy,

I don't know what to say. I sense you probably have a bit of OCD in you. I do myself so I can recognize obsession when I see it.

You're placing WAY WAY too much worth into facial symmetry. WAY too much. It's such a meaningless trait when it comes to overall attraction.

• Author
Leagues are crap. If we are going to "judge" others lets not use this bullcrap system of symmetry. Let's use humor, intellect, openness, adaptability, capability, and last but not least compassion.

Because of my upbringing I have never placed a high value on the external. I realize this too shall pass. And everyone will be left with their own experience and honestly determine their own value at the end of this life. The happen chance of beauty is a fleeting one. We should value more the quality of a human.

In an ideal world people would do that. Afterall when we all grow old, and get up to 60's 70's and above, no one looks all that good. We marry the hottest person we get, then declare we want to grow old with them, only to find that whey they aren't hot anymore they are a bore. Give me somoene who can tell a joke or make me smile.

In the real world. How often do we give the less attractive a chance to demonstrate their good qualities? In the real world how often is a man who is a 5 who danes to approach a 7 or even a 6 called nasty names (creep, perve, stalker) for doing so? Too often!

In an ideal world people would do that. Afterall when we all grow old, and get up to 60's 70's and above, no one looks all that good. We marry the hottest person we get, then declare we want to grow old with them, only to find that whey they aren't hot anymore they are a bore. Give me somoene who can tell a joke or make me smile.

In the real world. How often do we give the less attractive a chance to demonstrate their good qualities? In the real world how often is a man who is a 5 who danes to approach a 7 or even a 6 called nasty names (creep, perve, stalker) for doing so? Too often!

Your hypothetical doesn't exist.

You can't say so and so is a #. Numbers, ratings, leagues don't exist.

You ever heard the saying, "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder"?

• Author
Your hypothetical doesn't exist.

You can't say so and so is a #. Numbers, ratings, leagues don't exist.

You ever heard the saying, "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder"?

That saying is true, but only to a point. People can look all kinds of ways and yet still have a symmetrical and well proportioned face. There's lots of room for variation on that theme.

It's like saying the ideal waist to hip ratio for a woman is about 0.68 +/- 0.02. A woman can have that waist to hip ratio and look like Kim Kardashian or they can look like Adriana Lima (a VictoriasSecret supermodel). One man will like one and not the other...but no one would honestly call either of them ugly.

It's like saying the ideal for an average height man is a 40 inch chest with at least 12 inch biceps and low body fat. A guy can look all kinds of ways and meet those standards.

• Author
MrLonelyguy,

I don't know what to say. I sense you probably have a bit of OCD in you. I do myself so I can recognize obsession when I see it.

You're placing WAY WAY too much worth into facial symmetry. WAY too much. It's such a meaningless trait when it comes to overall attraction.

Your opinion flies in the face of TONS of scientific research.

facial symmetry attractiveness - Google Scholar

golden ratio attractiveness - Google Scholar

While I agree these are just a part of who we end up with. It's your face and bodily attractiveness, clothing, posture... things that can be sensed without talking to someone, that open the door to getting to know the real person underneath it all.

• Like 1
Your opinion flies in the face of TONS of scientific research.

facial symmetry attractiveness - Google Scholar

golden ratio attractiveness - Google Scholar

While I agree these are just a part of who we end up with. It's your face and bodily attractiveness, clothing, posture... things that can be sensed without talking to someone, that open the door to getting to know the real person underneath it all.

We're just going to have to agree to disagree.

Well in my world I don't place so much importance on facial "beauty". I have enough for both and it has never served me as well as my numerous other qualities.

If I detect a certain superficiality in someone I am dating, or with, it is enough to turn me off completely. Nothing compares to personality.

Though maybe I am biased because I feel this body is just a vessel for my spirit.

• Like 1
  • Author
Well in my world I don't place so much importance on facial "beauty". I have enough for both and it has never served me as well as my numerous other qualities.

If I detect a certain superficiality in someone I am dating, or with, it is enough to turn me off completely. Nothing compares to personality.

Though maybe I am biased because I feel this body is just a vessel for my spirit.

I feel that too. I certainly feel that. But, in this world most people think the body is what is real and the mind/soul is what is false. That's the ones that don't just react based on instincts like 98% of people.

I feel that too. I certainly feel that. But, in this world most people think the body is what is real and the mind/soul is what is false. That's the ones that don't just react based on instincts like 98% of people.

Wow, so melodramatic. Must be so cool to be the 2%, even if only self-confessed.

Well, gotta get back to to burning ants with a magnifying glass and keeping a score card on how everyone looks.

• Like 1
mortensorchid

I just saw that movie She's Out of My League last weekend after having not seen it in a bit and forgotten about much else other than the title. It was rather depressing rather than funny. The guy had a wonderful woman and he went back down the trashy road because he didn't feel good enough about himself to be with the good woman. Even a brother said to her "What are you doing with numb nuts here?" She said "I like him." Is there anything else really? I guess there is, self esteem issues among men is what it's all about.

• Like 1