Consolidated discussion - "Leagues"

ScreamingTrees
I tried it w/a pic of the guy I liked and he got a 8.28. Ego = Brutally Murdered now lol

WTH, I just tried it with a better picture of myself (where my hair wasn't in the way as much) and I got an 8.4? That's a pretty big difference 0_o

Well, there you have it. It'd take two of me to make one of your crush. :lmao:

I still have the inner beauty of a John Merrick, I guess.. :p

Well, there you have it. It'd take two of me to make one of your crush. :lmao:

I still have the inner beauty of a John Merrick, I guess.. :p

Pft, I seriously doubt that. Unless you're the elephant man?!

However, as many here have lamented. Quite often one's personality doesn't get a chance to shine through if their shell is too unattractive. They just don't get a chance.

I can attest to this based on personal experience...many times. :(

• Like 1
JuneJulySeptember
I'm not denying looks count. I'm refuting the belief that leagues exist.

They do to some people a lot more than others. But I'd say to most people, they matter a lot, and I mean consciously.

I mean, c'mon even straight guys discriminate against other straight guys they will hang out with because of what they look like.

You forgot the part of the premise of my OP where I said "All things being equal".... this is your league.

All things includes personality, socioeconoics etc etc...

Except things are never equal, that's reality.

Of course if you took two men who were identical in every way except one was 6" and the other was 5'4, most women would pick the 6". Or if two women were exactly the same facially and personality wise, but one had bigger boobs, most men would pick the one with bigger boobs. But we're all individuals.

"All things being equal" is a failed premise because things are never equal. You may run into a man who is a perfect physical specimen, but he's a total dick, or he's broke, or he's an airhead. Then you have an average looking man who makes a lot of money, or has solid social skills, or is funny, whatever. Point is, things are never even. In the dating world, we're not presented with identical mates and asked to give the edge to one of them. They are individuals we look to meet our physical and personality criteria.

• Like 3
ScreamingTrees
Pft, I seriously doubt that. Unless you're the elephant man?!

Am I? No, not quite, but I could probably pass for his relatively more normal looking cousin or something. Maybe I'm selling myself short here, I'm probably a strong 4.9 or something.

Those face analyzing websites are such a joke. You have to place the dots yourself! I took the same photo and put it through twice and I "thought" I put the dots in the same place and I came up with a 4.6 and a 6.0.

Either way, both scores suck. And I've never had a problem attracting women.

So either they don't work. Or they do work and I'm proof that you don't need to be good looking to attract women.

Am I? No, not quite, but I could probably pass for his relatively more normal looking cousin or something. Maybe I'm selling myself short here, I'm probably a strong 4.9 or something.

Which really is a 5 since we're rounding here.

Those face analyzing websites are such a joke. You have to place the dots yourself! I took the same photo and put it through twice and I "thought" I put the dots in the same place and I came up with a 4.6 and a 6.0.

Either way, both scores suck. And I've never had a problem attracting women.

So either they don't work. Or they do work and I'm proof that you don't need to be good looking to attract women.

Yeah, my first was a 6.75 and my second picture was an 8.58. I'm pretty sure if I looked hard enough I could find a picture worthy of 9 or 10.

I will say they are a little harsh on the comments as to why you scored what you did. "Your nose is too wide for your face". Ouch :lmao:

• Like 2
  • Author

@ IT geek

One of the problems with those websites where others rate you is that there are people on there who obsessively vote down others and get their friends to vote them up. That is why a website which takes a totally objective set of measurements, based on fundamental principles of biology and mathematics.

IT Geek, since it's just one data point take it worth a grain of salt.

However you should think about this, is it that important that you get a hot looking woman for your arm, or that you find someone who will love and treasure being your woman? This is where what Mr. Castle says would be more important.

Suppose you marry a beautiful blonde woman who instead of actually liking you and feeling lucky for having such a wonderful guy who care for her.... is a malevlotent resentful witch who only likes you for your money?

I'm just saying.

ScreamingTrees
Which really is a 5 since we're rounding here.

I don't feel like I'm quite a 5. Maybe I should round down.. :lmao:

Seriously, though, I'm not that humble, I'm really just mentally insane. Maybe that could boost my number up a bit? Some people are into crazy.

Yeah, my first was a 6.75 and my second picture was an 8.58. I'm pretty sure if I looked hard enough I could find a picture worthy of 9 or 10.

I will say they are a little harsh on the comments as to why you scored what you did. "Your nose is too wide for your face". Ouch :lmao:

Someone put up a pic of Brad Pitt and that site totally slammed it.

Good thing women aren't as picky as that website. We'd ALL be screwed.

...or not screwed...is what I meant to say.

I don't feel like I'm quite a 5. Maybe I should round down.. :lmao:

Seriously, though, I'm not that humble, I'm really just mentally insane. Maybe that could boost my number up a bit? Some people are into crazy.

Depends on what kind of crazy you are.

I'm crazy...but I think I'm crazy in mostly good ways.

• Author

Let me ask you this. When you first did it were you very very careful about where you placed the 17 control points or were you very casual about it? The precise relationship between those 17 key points on the face is what the program works with. It depends on you placing them correctly.

The software never sees, scans or anything the actual picture when computing your score.

You are right about the All else being equal thing. It is a bit of an idealization. However scientist do that all the time. There's an old joke. Ask a physicist why did the chicken cross the road. They will say "First assume a spherical chicken...".

I got the same nose comment. I was like, well fudge you too mr. software lol

(i always did hate my nose...)

Post a pic MrCastle, I'll tell you whether you're a 6.75 or an 8.58 :lmao:

• Like 1
I got the same nose comment. I was like, well fudge you too mr. software lol

(i always did hate my nose...)

Post a pic MrCastle, I'll tell you whether you're a 6.75 or an 8.58 :lmao:

:laugh: I've had a few pics up before, back when the Post A Picture Of Yourself thread was active. However, the more I've been on here, the more I've posted, the more personal details of my life I've released. Can't have a name attached to it for privacy reasons. If some of the girls I know read what I've written on here (about them) well...the poon train would come to a screeching halt.

• Like 3
Let me ask you this. When you first did it were you very very careful about where you placed the 17 control points or were you very casual about it? The precise relationship between those 17 key points on the face is what the program works with. It depends on you placing them correctly.

The software never sees, scans or anything the actual picture when computing your score.

You are right about the All else being equal thing. It is a bit of an idealization. However scientist do that all the time. There's an old joke. Ask a physicist why did the chicken cross the road. They will say "First assume a spherical chicken...".

I was casual about it, but also the first picture was taken with a 50mm lens. That's a fixed lens that distorts images. So my face wasn't proportionately accurate. The second picture I used was taken with a regular camera lens, and I was also more careful with point placement.

ScreamingTrees
Depends on what kind of crazy you are.

I'm crazy...but I think I'm crazy in mostly good ways.

I think I'm crazy in both negative and positive ways, they sort of intertwine and work for and against me.

• Author
I was casual about it, but also the first picture was taken with a 50mm lens. That's a fixed lens that distorts images. So my face wasn't proportionately accurate. The second picture I used was taken with a regular camera lens, and I was also more careful with point placement.

You see. If anything that proves this website ain't trying to flatter people or lie to them. :)

When I did mine I used a headshot that I took specifically for the purpose of analysis with a computer. Facing forward, not smiling or posing in anyway. Like a mug shot.

• Author
You and MrCastle can just go take your 8's and go screw yourselves!

Hey us 8's don't need to screw ourselves.:)

Freaking movie stars that I've measured just now typically score an 8.5 ish.

Which might explain a little of why they, and many of us here have dating problems. The stars aren't know for having stable personal lives.

Good looks =/=> a stable happy love life.

ROFLMAO!! What a load of hooey! I love that this program totally overlooks wrinkles and sun damage...8.2 and 8.65 (I did get penalized for my big mouth). :lmao: