Consolidated discussion - "Leagues"

Hey us 8's don't need to screw ourselves.:)

Freaking movie stars that I've measured just now typically score an 8.5 ish.

Which might explain a little of why they, and many of us here have dating problems. The stars aren't know for having stable personal lives.

Good looks =/=> a stable happy love life.

Funniest thing I've read all day. Thanks for the laugh. :)

ScreamingTrees
ROFLMAO!! What a load of hooey! I love that this program totally overlooks wrinkles and sun damage...8.2 and 8.65 (I did get penalized for my big mouth). :lmao:

You're still an attractive woman, what are you complaining for? Wrinkles and sun damage don't mean anything.. lol

• Like 1
ROFLMAO!! What a load of hooey! I love that this program totally overlooks wrinkles and sun damage...8.2 and 8.65 (I did get penalized for my big mouth). :lmao:

You kinda hit the nail on the head there.

The program overlooks skin tone, color of your eyes, hair style, facial hair, the bridge of your nose, long eyelashes, the wideness of your chin, etc, etc, etc, etc.

Anyone who even gives this stupid program a SHRED of belief...well...I got a bridge to sell to you.

I get penalized for that too. On LS though, not the program.

I get it pretty much everywhere LOL! Kind of funny that my big mouth really is a big mouth.

• Like 1
You're still an attractive woman, what are you complaining for? Wrinkles and sun damage don't mean anything.. lol

Ty :).

(You know how cock-eyed the rest of me is right now...)

The program overlooks skin tone, color of your eyes, hair style, facial hair, the bridge of your nose, long eyelashes, the wideness of your chin, etc, etc, etc, etc.

Anyone who even gives this stupid program a SHRED of belief...well...I got a bridge to sell to you.

My nose is too wide apparently :laugh:

I wouldn't put stock in that program lool

• Author

It has limitations as long as someone understands those they are ok.

MonicaElise is all things considered a rather good looking woman...if that's her in her avatar. She's just showing her experience and uhm mature perspective in her looks. To lots of men her age and lots of men younger than her she'd be a catch.

However.

Assuming were talking about the mid 30's to early 20's set of people on here who are all in reasonably good physical shape, don't have sun damage and wrinkles and are among other similarly fresh young people... it can be hard to really know where you stand. For them this will be of use.

I must be an abnormality in the dating world, because i only scored 6.81 and i do a lot better than I think a 6.81 would do...

I must be an abnormality in the dating world, because i only scored 6.81 and i do a lot better than I think a 6.81 would do...

You're probably dating 6.81's and below :)

• Like 2
It has limitations as long as someone understands those they are ok.

MonicaElise is all things considered a rather good looking woman...if that's her in her avatar. She's just showing her experience and uhm mature perspective in her looks. To lots of men her age and lots of men younger than her she'd be a catch.

However.

Assuming were talking about the mid 30's to early 20's set of people on here who are all in reasonably good physical shape, don't have sun damage and wrinkles and are among other similarly fresh young people... it can be hard to really know where you stand. For them this will be of use.

Using this program to see "where you stand" is the worst advice ever.

Worst. Advice. Ever.

I got a 4 and a 6. By this program's definition...I'm pretty ugly. If I were to take those numbers and use them to see what I was capable of...I'd be one depressed mother ****er, that's for sure.

People don't need **** like this and they don't need to assign a numerical value to a person's worth.

Lonely ronins actually a good looking dude if I remember correctly :laugh:.

I promise you that I'm not. I think it has more to do with the fact that the program expects your head to be perfectly vertical, and perfectly perpendicular to the camera.

Edited by Lonely Ronin
  • Like 1
  • Author
I promise you that I'm not. I think it has more to do with the fact that the program expects your head to be perfectly vertical, and perfectly perpendicular to the camera.

Ronin. As I pointed out to another poster you have to be very careful about the picture you choose and how you mark the 17 control points.

The results are most consistent with a picture taken mug shot style. Facing forward not smiling or posing in any way.

The result also depends sensitively on how far apart the points on the face are and the symmetry of where they are.

Using this program to see "where you stand" is the worst advice ever.

Worst. Advice. Ever.

I got a 4 and a 6. By this program's definition...I'm pretty ugly. If I were to take those numbers and use them to see what I was capable of...I'd be one depressed mother ****er, that's for sure.

People don't need **** like this and they don't need to assign a numerical value to a person's worth.

It does have some inaccuracies. How I didn't score 10 or at least 9.99 is pretty f***ed up.

• Like 2
Ronin. As I pointed out to another poster you have to be very careful about the picture you choose and how you mark the 17 control points.

The results are most consistent with a picture taken mug shot style. Facing forward not smiling or posing in any way.

The result also depends sensitively on how far apart the points on the face are and the symmetry of where they are.

I'll keep this in mind if i ever get incarcerated. :-)

Edited by Lonely Ronin
  • Author
The anaface is garbage. There are far more than 17 variables indicating facial attractiveness. Secondly, you need to be very careful in choosing the photos because the tilt of the head makes huge impacts on your score.

This guy is the best looking guy here according to his score:

http://i44.tinypic.com/am4fa0.jpg

http://i42.tinypic.com/5xsj2u.png

It doesn't even realize the head isn't in a neutral position... that's how poorly designed it is.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lmomyx6GAf1qca2rz.bmp

Ears for instance don't have very much impact on facial attractiveness though ideally they should be short and high set but apparently it's very import

ant to the anaface.

The ears are important because of the theoretical basis of this program. It's based on the very well tested notions that what's attractive in a face is symmetry and good proportions.

Symmetry in a mate is something that has been found to be desirable in just about every animal species tested.

The proportionality of the golden ratio is found all through nature. Not just in faces but in many biological and physical systems.

The ears are important under those two premises because they define the outer boundaries of the face. There are proportional relationships between the ears eyes nose and mouth. Those are what this website looks at.

The picture you posted is of a man with a very symmetrical face, who's looking straight to camera with out smiling or posing in any significant way and the control points look well placed to me. All of this makes the program more accurate and will make it give a more consistent result.

IMO the man in that picture doesn't look half bad to me. He has a very striking look.

An objective way would be to go up to people you think of as attractive and ask them out. Do it repeatedly to different women. How successful were you? How much effort beyond looks did it take you? When you walk into a room, does it seem like every girl is checking you out or are you invisible? If this is all good, than you probably have no concern for what a computer program thinks of your face. Especially considering any minute misrepresentation ....fudge...mistake you make in placing an input has a drastic result. You almost scored a 9? I am sure whomever you're attracted to will be happy to know. I mean, really, wtf does it matter.

ScreamingTrees
yes symmetry is important but overrated. I will admit however that marquardt mask seems to fit attractive people relatively consistently.

The width/height ratio of the midface is an extremely important indicator of facial attractiveness which the anaface ignores. It doesn't even take into account the position of the cheekbones, the vertical length of the eyes, the position of the eybrows, the width of the jaw and forehead. Most of these things are important facial landmarks or affect the facial contours in profound ways. This is only the tip of the iceberg.

People on the bodybuilding forum posted screenshots of him getting rejected really badly on dating sites.

http://imageshack.us/a/img607/5059/78712271.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img266/1743/troll1l.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/vBIh1.jpg

Not for nothing, but haven't you been using this lone example as your smoking gun for awhile now? There are billions of people in the world, there's a potential "example" for any and every point to be made.

Eternal Sunshine

I took a mug shot right now with hair tied back and got 9.27 :eek:

I did it before with different pictures and got around 8.

I don't believe in it for a second though, my features are quite plain. My teeth are also not straight which is not taken into account. I wouldn't give myself more than a 6, on a good day.....

If you are resorting to a computer program and numbers system to identify suitable mates, you are missing the point.

I mean, really, what are you going to do? Change your mind about your attraction because of what the numbers say?

Well, it's bullox, but woohoo, I am hot!

Your face has great horizontal symmetry.

The ratio of your your face length to face width is nearly ideal.

My nose is too wide for my face though. Haha!

It is about where I'm rated when I tried one of those "rate me" things a while back... which tend to favor the slightly above average over the beautiful for women from everything I saw.

I am really like a 5-6, and both are exaggerated.

Edited by runningfar

IT Geek, since it's just one data point take it worth a grain of salt.

However you should think about this, is it that important that you get a hot looking woman for your arm, or that you find someone who will love and treasure being your woman? This is where what Mr. Castle says would be more important.

Absolutely not important. I don't even try to go after women who would be 7 or higher because I know I would have a snowballs chance in hades with with them. But when you get constantly rejected by "average" women and get a 3.5 on a picture rating site, the two data points correlate and become more meaningful.

I do, however, want someone who doesn't smoke and lives an active and healthy lifestyle. I've made changes in my lifestyle and don't want someone who doesn't share that. The last thing I need is someone who could possible let me slip back in the sedentary and unhealthy life I had been living before.