Why am I too old for younger women?

harrydubois

If the plot of AB was unbelievable and nonsensical, no one would have watched it. Do you see major blackbusters about 18 year old boys marrying 70 year old women? Why not? It's a movie so anything goes.

OK, you obviously misunderstood that movie. Yeah the creepy old guy was attracted to the young girl. But the young girl wasn't legitimately attracted to him. She was just trying to act more worldly, special, and mature than her friend. She'd say thinks like "your father is hot" to get a rise out of her, not because she believed it. Further she only acted on it, if you remember when her friends boyfriend called her on her fake behaviour. She was acted out of jealousy, not romance. Watch it again.

Also, lots of movies with unrealistic plots are enjoyed by the public. Pretty woman. Star wars. Nightmare on elm street. And so on and so forth.

You want to know the REAL reason pervy old men get the girls in the movies? Because pervy old men are writing the screen plays.

• Like 4
  • Author

Actually the only thing I'm getting from this forum is that women hate middle aged men who dislike middle aged women, probably because they know that it's a matter of time before that 40th birthday hits and they are terrified no one will want them.

Anyway, it's a shame that few people want to actually discuss my original question clearly and rationally.

I don't think Harold has a physical attraction for Maude.

I guess that's why he slept with her.

That must've been when everyone walked out of the theater. Because that's apparently what people do when they see something on the screen that isn't realistic. How Avatar managed to gross hundreds of millions of dollars is beyond me.

And none of this has to do with anything related to your original question, of course.

• Like 1
  • Author

"But the young girl wasn't legitimately attracted to him."

Is this something like "legitimate rape"?

The plot has the 16 year old very interested in having sex with the 42 year old and apparently the audience found this plausible.

Actually the only thing I'm getting from this forum is that women hate middle aged men who dislike middle aged women, probably because they know that it's a matter of time before that 40th birthday hits and they are terrified no one will want them.

Anyway, it's a shame that few people want to actually discuss my original question clearly and rationally.

RATIONALLY????RATIONALLY?????

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

• Like 1
"But the young girl wasn't legitimately attracted to him."

Is this something like "legitimate rape"?

The plot has the 16 year old very interested in having sex with the 42 year old and apparently the audience found this plausible.

When he realized that she was wanting to feel special to someone, that she needed some sort of validation from him, and wasn't truly interested in him, he snapped out of it, covered her up, and treated her like he would any one of his teenage daughters' girlfriends.

• Like 1
"I guess that's why he slept with her."

There was a sex scene?

I might be wrong. They were probably lying naked in bed playing Monopoly.

I still don't know why you bothered posting here when you could've just watched a movie or something.

• Like 1

Says the man that points to movies as if they're scientific fact. Listen, I don't hate you. I don't care who you screw as long as it's legal. But you asked why I, and some of the woman here, don't date older. You asked for brutal honestly. We gave it. And now you're trying to turn it around on us like WE'RE the ones all butt hurt. We are amused by you. The only angry posters here are older men who are apparently unsuccessful in their dating life.

When I turn 40, I expect to be happily married to my fiance who happens to be 2 months younger than me. Thanks for your well wishes, though, 52 year old single man who seems to believe that despite his real life rejections, he's ultimately more successful in love than me.

• Like 2

No, women dislike (not hate) aging men who generalize and have inflated opinions of themselves.

It seems your original question has been answered over and over. Women 15+ years younger than you generally don't find men your age attractive, according to the responses, perhaps because they can get younger men with whom they have more in common. Not sure what else you need to hear.

• Like 2
RATIONALLY????RATIONALLY?????

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

:lmao: You made me laugh out loud. :laugh:

harry, what I'm getting from this thread, is that you're delusional enough to think that you are god's gift to young women everywhere, and you are no different from half the men on this board. For some reason, you feel the need to tell women that they only have value when it comes to their looks and their age, and once a man tells us that we are unattractive and worthless, well, we're done for.

American Beauty showed a man experiencing a mid-life crisis, embarrassing his daughter by becoming a horn-dog. I haven't seen the movie in years, but the end of it was about him realizing what was really important (his daughter factored highly in that - not her hot friend, who he realized was just another little girl, just like her).

• Like 2

This is one of the funniest threads I've read in a long time :laugh:.

I still don't understand OP's point.

• Like 1
I don't think Harold has a physical attraction for Maude.
Which tells you that attraction isn't merely physical.

And I think that's your main problem: You're thinking of age as identical to attraction. Most of us know that's not true. There are attractive 50 year olds and homely 25 year olds. And attraction is far more complicated than looks.

Also, you need to realize that when you simply turn a woman into a number corresponding to her age, you're dehumanizing her. What is it that makes you interested in a woman? Her boobs and her hair? Most any woman is smart enough to know that if you only like her because she's blonde and 25, you're not going to like her when she's older and grayer. Why the hell would she want to date someone who thinks that way?

I've dated women 25 years younger than me; I've dated women who are my own age. I've never once thought of any of them as "a xx year old woman". They're women who I'm attracted to, and their age is just a fact about them, like being an MBA or having blue eyes. My current GF is 21 years younger than me. I don't love her because she's 29; I love her because she's smart and funny and makes me happy.

The women in this thread have been pretty clear and direct with you, but you don't want to listen to them. You're probably going through a hard time right now because you're divorced and starting over in the dating world. Lots of people here can relate with that. But the people who actually benefit from this board are people who listen, learn and try to change. You seem to be here to vent and have people tell you that all those horrible women aren't being fair to you. Well guess what? The world ain't fair, and the dating world is pretty damn ruthless.

The problem isn't your age, it's you. If you want to have a successful relationship, then you're going to have to change. There are lots of really smart people here who can help you with that, but you've got to be willing to listen and learn.

• Like 11
  • Author

Harold and Maude includes one scene where they are lying together in bed, apparently after sex.

However bear in mind that Harold is portrayed as a mentally very disturbed person.

Harold and Maude - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not so the American Beauty cheerleader.

Anyway, I am hearing loud and clear that women do not like hearing middle aged men say that they don't like middle aged women. However that doesn't exactly answer my original question.

• Author

" If you want to have a successful relationship, then you're going to have to change."

You mean coloring my hair and lying about my age?? I'm considering it.

Anyway, I am hearing loud and clear that women do not like hearing middle aged men say that they don't like middle aged women. However that doesn't exactly answer my original question.

It isn't that we don't like hearing it. I don't care that some middle aged men don't like middle aged women. That's their personal problem, and I thought so even when I was in my 20s.

It is simply untrue that middle aged men, in general, don't like middle aged women.

• Like 3
Which tells you that attraction isn't merely physical.

And I think that's your main problem: You're thinking of age as identical to attraction. Most of us know that's not true. There are attractive 50 year olds and homely 25 year olds. And attraction is far more complicated than looks.

Also, you need to realize that when you simply turn a woman into a number corresponding to her age, you're dehumanizing her. What is it that makes you interested in a woman? Her boobs and her hair? Most any woman is smart enough to know that if you only like her because she's blonde and 25, you're not going to like her when she's older and grayer. Why the hell would she want to date someone who thinks that way?

I've dated women 25 years younger than me; I've dated women who are my own age. I've never once thought of any of them as "a xx year old woman". They're women who I'm attracted to, and their age is just a fact about them, like being an MBA or having blue eyes. My current GF is 21 years younger than me. I don't love her because she's 29; I love her because she's smart and funny and makes me happy.

The women in this thread have been pretty clear and direct with you, but you don't want to listen to them. You're probably going through a hard time right now because you're divorced and starting over in the dating world. Lots of people here can relate with that. But the people who actually benefit from this board are people who listen, learn and try to change. You seem to be here to vent and have people tell you that all those horrible women aren't being fair to you. Well guess what? The world ain't fair, and the dating world is pretty damn ruthless.

The problem isn't your age, it's you. If you want to have a successful relationship, then you're going to have to change. There are lots of really smart people here who can help you with that, but you've got to be willing to listen and learn.

YOU are exactly the kind of guy who can get younger women! Or probably most any woman you want.

• Like 7

OP, look how us younger women are reacting to EasyHeart.

If you wonder why you are too old for younger women, it probably has far more to do with your attitude than your age.

• Like 6
  • Author

Pardon me, however my attitude, like everything else, is fabulous.

Let's move on a little.

Are age gap romances less likely through online dating sites as opposed to real life meetings, or it's about the same?

EasyHeart sounds like the kind of 50 year old guy I could fall for :o

(if I weren't happily married, of course! :laugh:)

Awww, thanks. That's almost as nice as when TigressA said she would "remotely consider" banging me!

YOU are exactly the kind of guy who can get younger women! Or probably most any woman you want.
Damn right. ;)
  • Like 2

Let's move on a little.

Are age gap romances less likely through online dating sites as opposed to real life meetings, or it's about the same?

:laugh: You're having us on. You have to be.

But, my sister married a man twenty-three years older than she is. They met online through a pen-pal list.

• Like 1

Let's move on a little.

Two of the guys in this thread (dasein and me) have both suggested avoiding OLD. I think OLD really screws up the normal development of attraction because it flips around the way we usually meet people.

In real life, you see someone, talk to them and learn about them. In OLD, you learn about someone, talk to them and then see them. I think that's weird.