Why am I too old for younger women?

harrydubois

Yeah, if you're interpreting "American Beauty" as a love story, I think you might want to watch it again and re-think it.

• Like 10

99% of the time women find men more than ten years their senior to be physically repulsive. Period. Question answered.

You are making a very serious mistake if you take what you find on this particular forum dispositive in that regard. Only up close and personal experience is going to answer that question truthfully for you in your case.

• Like 1
Every female in the theater should have jumped out of her seat 10 minutes into the film screaming that this is a ripoff; the plot is completely unrealistic and nonsensical.

Next you'll tell us we should've walked out of Being John Malkovich for the same reason.

• Like 4
  • Author

So the immense critical acclaim and box office success of American Beauty was in spite of the completely unbelievable premiss that a woman would be attracted to a man more than ten years her senior. Every female viewer and reviewer knew that this premiss had no connection to reality and was only possible in the realm of fantasy.

Really? Any citations to support that?

So the immense critical acclaim and box office success of American Beauty was in spite of the completely unbelievable premiss that a woman would be attracted to a man more than ten years her senior. Every female viewer and reviewer knew that this premiss had no connection to reality and was only possible in the realm of fantasy.

Really? Any citations to support that?

Seriously dude, the clueless 18 year old males here don't ask the questions you do....

It is possible, It's RARE. And movies don't have be a common reality be considered great, I thought every 2+ year old knew that.

• Like 1
  • Author

I don't remember any review of AB beginning "In spite of the clearly unbelievable premiss..."

But prove me wrong. Dude.

It sounds Little Bit Stupid.

First of all, generally men dates younger women. (I say 2~5 younger)

(I think trying to date maximum 40 is too much though)

When he dates younger women, I am sure he will be a provider

Would 64 year old lady become a provider because she is dating a 52 year old guy?

If you've been splitting 50/50 for everything, then I say you have all rights to date the same age or even younger men.

Men at least knows, the younger pussy will cost $$$

Would you be interested in dating a 64+ year old woman? Why or why not?

I predict you'll answer your own question.

Also, how young are we talking here? You said 40 and under, but then mentioned women whose father you could be. That implies 30 and under, approximately, to me.

I am 25 and fairly open minded, and there is no way I'd date a 52 year old man.

By the way, yes, my dad IS 52, and I love him very much.

• Like 1
I don't remember any review of AB beginning "In spite of the clearly unbelievable premiss..."

But prove me wrong. Dude.

Erm, let's get to the meat and potatoes please. What is your point?

• Author

Also, how about Suburban Girl

Suburban Girl - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

portraying a 30 year old woman smitten by a 49 year old man. 19 years gap. Again, drama, not fantasy, and I don't know of any reviewer criticizing the plot as ridiculous.

The point is: this refutes the assertion that older men are repulsive.

Or let's look at it the other way. How realistic, popular and critically acclaimed would a movie be if it portrayed a romance between a 16 year old male athlete and an average looking 42 year old mom? Or a 30 year old male accountant and a chubby 49 year old female author?

So where does this put the "woman want young guys just like men want young girls" theory?

portraying a 30 year old woman smitten by a 49 year old man. 19 years gap. Again, drama, not fantasy, and I don't know of any reviewer criticizing the plot as ridiculous.

Or let's look at it the other way. How realistic, popular and critically acclaimed would a movie be if it portrayed a romance between a 16 year old male athlete and an average looking 42 year old mom? Or a 30 year old male accountant and a chubby 49 year old female author?

So where does this put the "woman want young guys just like men want young girls" theory?

Have you seen the reader? It won oscar and other awards. It's an amazing movie that shows a 40 something year old woman with a teenage boy.

And holy cow, you sound so dense and immature it's not even funny. How on earth can you be on par with a philosopher if you reason like this?

Maybe women reject you because of your intelligence and not even your looks and age.

• Like 5

Ok, younger women dating older men is not repulsive. Assertion refuted. Similar situations are abound in movies and pop culture. Check.

How does this change your situation? Aren't we all sort of confined to our realities? You almost seem like you're demanding that the female population of earth acknowledge you and your date-ability. It doesn't work like that, no matter what your age is.

• Like 5

Hey, I saw that one!

You are absolutely correct: If you look like Alec Baldwin and are one of the most powerful men in the publishing industry, you can date a woman like SMG.

• Like 4
  • Author

The Reader is about a 36 year old woman who looks absolutely gorgeous having a romance with a 15 year old boy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Reader_(2008_film)

That actually probably happens in real life a lot.

A 16 year old football star with an average looking 42 year old mom, or a sharp looking 30 year old professional guy with an obese 49 year old author, not so much as far as I know. Those plots have not been made by Hollywood because no one would watch them because they don't make any sense.

The reverse however does make sense apparently.

Would you be interested in dating a 64+ year old woman? Why or why not?

I predict you'll answer your own question.

Also, how young are we talking here? You said 40 and under, but then mentioned women whose father you could be. That implies 30 and under, approximately, to me.

I am 25 and fairly open minded, and there is no way I'd date a 52 year old man.

By the way, yes, my dad IS 52, and I love him very much.

I'll give you a free pass for now because you're 25 but when you hit 30, you should be very open to dating much older men, like 50 and way up since your value as a beautiful woman is on the decline anyway.

Edited by Shaun-Dro
error
  • Author

I look a heck of a lot better than Alec Baldwin and how does being a famous author turn you from physically repulsive to physically attractive, from creepy to hot?

Newsflash: movies aren't real life.

If that was the case, you could just hire a hooker and turn her into a classy woman. And my prince charming would be out slaying dragons for me.

Do you actually think you're going to bag an 18 year old girl because a guy in a MOVIE did it once?

• Like 1
What's interesting to me is that I'm surprised to find this fixation on youth to be so strong among women.

What's interesting to me is the fixation that men in their 50s and 60s and older seem to have on youth.

I'm in my mid-40's and back in the dating pool after a divorce. I'm not having any trouble finding men who seem attracted to me (of any age)... but what I AM finding to be true is that these men seem to have a self-inflated assessment of their 'attractiveness'.

Obviously I haven't seen your photo, but reading your first post, it's pretty clear you think you're a catch. That may or may not be true. But I have lost count of the men who have contacted me in their 60s and 70s who thought they were really something in the looks department (often comparing themselves to a movie star or public figure physically) and talked about how smart they are, like a college professor (except that they aren't college professors in most cases) and invariably, commenting on their great sense of humor.

In my experience, the men who are truly good looking physically, very intelligent, and funny are the ones who don't think so highly of themselves that they are comparing themselves to movie personalities and college professors and believing that all women over 50 are ugly. The truth is somewhere in the middle... not just for older women, but for older men like you.

Just saying.

• Like 4
  • Author

If the plot of AB was unbelievable and nonsensical, no one would have watched it. Do you see major blackbusters about 18 year old boys marrying 70 year old women? Why not? It's a movie so anything goes.

Newsflash: movies aren't real life.

If that was the case, you could just hire a hooker and turn her into a classy woman. And my prince charming would be out slaying dragons for me.

Do you actually think you're going to bag an 18 year old girl because a guy in a MOVIE did it once?

I have no problem nailing girls that age up to 30, and you know what else? I'm still going to be doing it by the time I'm 50 as well. I learned the art to seduce, thank God! :D

• Author

I am actually the greatest thing to happen to the female race ever at least in the last few thousand years. But I won't dwell on that since this isn't a dating site.

No one is saying that May-December romances don't exist. Of course they do.

As I said earlier, I'm sure I could fall for a 52 year old man, but he'd have to be one heck of a guy. I'd have to really swoon for him to get past the "old guy" thing. So if we really clicked, and he made me melt, sure, why not?

But the 50 year old guys who targeted me in my 20s were not "swoon worthy". They were more "creepy" in my eyes. Maybe they were somehow exceptional, but I didn't see it.

• Like 1
If the plot of AB was unbelievable and nonsensical, no one would have watched it. Do you see major blackbusters about 18 year old boys marrying 70 year old women? Why not? It's a movie so anything goes.

I don't know what a blackbuster or a premiss is, but I did see Harold & Maude. :)

• Like 4