Why am I too old for younger women?

harrydubois

He can, but we can tell him if the the majority of women he is attracted to would be attracted to someone like him. ;)

Honestly, this is way too obvious, I don't get why you are confused or act it.

So you can look at a picture of a woman and tell what she finds attractive just from her picture? If i send a picture of one of my recent gf you could then figure out what i look like from that ....

Let's be honest. Every man's dream is a woman who is 18, blonde and very busty. And this has to be natural blonde and busty, no artificial additives.

Nah, dated her, did her, not interested in a repeat.

For goddsakes, I haven't read the whole derail of a thread, but in all likelihood, OP, you don't have a large enough experience base to know whether any women of any age find you ugly or not. OLD is a "good on paper" affair at the start before meeting, women get hundreds of mails, and you should indeed try meeting women out in person before drawing any conclusions about your general level of attractiveness to women of any age.

Wanting to date a younger woman is no more a sin than wanting to date a man taller than oneself or a man who has a certain education level. Some posters need to lay off with the constant "equalizing comments" that somehow only apply to male preferences, not female. The same posters who will offer the same trite "would you date a 64 y.o. woman?" comments line up to defend and justify even the most superficial female preferences here. Preferences are preferences. Everyone has them, everyone is entitled to them. If you want to surmise bad reasons OP may have the preference, fair game, but having the preference in and of itself is not a lecture op.

If you feel you appear like the picture you posted, the first thing you should do is get stylish clothes and a different hairstyle. The conservative part on the side hair look makes one look older, much older, than other hairstyles. If you are wearing glasses like that, get some more modern ones. Grow some stubble if it looks good on you. But above all, don't use your recently single OLD experience as an OLD newbie as indicative of any conclusion. Get out and about and meet women in person, lots of them, before even beginning to draw a conclusion as to whether your preferences are reasonable and attainable or not. Good luck.

• Like 1
kiss_andmakeup
For goddsakes, I haven't read the whole derail of a thread, but in all likelihood, OP, you don't have a large enough experience base to know whether any women of any age find you ugly or not. OLD is a "good on paper" affair at the start before meeting, women get hundreds of mails, and you should indeed try meeting women out in person before drawing any conclusions about your general level of attractiveness to women of any age.

Wanting to date a younger woman is no more a sin than wanting to date a man taller than oneself or a man who has a certain education level. Some posters need to lay off with the constant "equalizing comments" that somehow only apply to male preferences, not female. The same posters who will offer the same trite "would you date a 64 y.o. woman?" comments line up to defend and justify even the most superficial female preferences here. Preferences are preferences. Everyone has them, everyone is entitled to them. If you want to surmise bad reasons OP may have the preference, fair game, but having the preference in and of itself is not a lecture op.

If you feel you appear like the picture you posted, the first thing you should do is get stylish clothes and a different hairstyle. The conservative part on the side hair look makes one look older, much older, than other hairstyles. If you are wearing glasses like that, get some more modern ones. Grow some stubble if it looks good on you. But above all, don't use your recently single OLD experience as an OLD newbie as indicative of any conclusion. Get out and about and meet women in person, lots of them, before even beginning to draw a conclusion as to whether your preferences are reasonable and attainable or not. Good luck.

The OP asked why younger women found him too old.

He didn't ask if it's okay that he likes younger women, should he date younger women, would younger women be interested in him.

He has first-hand experience of rejection and wants to know why he has been rejected. Posters are just offering potential explanations.

I have no problem with a guy's preferences. I was just explaining why, as a younger woman, I wouldn't want to date him. Because he asked.

• Like 5

I'm 33. I tend to be attracted to men my own age. Also, I find old men who chase young tail to be seriously creepy. I don't know why. Those kinds of men just creep me out. Sorry, but that's the truth.

When I was 22, I would not have dated someone 35. Now that I'm 33, mid 40's is out of the question. The idea of a man in his 50's is frankly horrifying.

Also, the idea that men cease to find women in their 30 (AKA past their prime) is a myth. When I was divorcing my ex 3 years ago, I started lurking on this board. After reading a few threads about how women 'lost their worth' after age 25, I started becoming scared, terrified even, that I might end up alone because no one would ever want an 'old woman' like me.

Then I got divorced and real life slapped me in the face.....in a good way. :laugh: I have been WAAAAYYYY more popular with men in my 30's than I was with men in my 20's. It was almost overwhelming to realize that I was still desirable to men (even ones much younger than me) at first.

So, in closing, not only would I not date an old man because they creep me out....but I wouldn't date one because I don't need too. I'm more than capable of getting a man my own age.

• Like 4
  • Author

No, I'm sorry. Boobs. It's definitely boobs. But please not implants. I don't want anything to explode when I squeeze it.

Anyway, a few people here have pointed out that I'm repulsive not as much because I'm 52 but because I'm a middle aged man who has a horrible, perverted, bizarre strong preference for young women. (It's an unsolved mystery why every woman past 30 wants to "look young" since only only horrible, bizzare perverts care, but I'll put that aside.)

Anyway, let me ask this.

What if you were to see a guy like me walking down the street with a woman who is 55; he's looking lovingly into her eyes, holding doors open for her, salivating over her, etc. A few weeks later you hear they broke up for some reason. Would you then be interested in that 52 year old, or it doesn't really matter, he's still after all ugly and repulsive?

The only rational answer to "why" he finds a few OLD women rejecting him is that those few individual women in his sample did in fact reject him; he is basing his conclusion on too little data that is likely faulty, OLD as an OLD newb, when he needs to get out and meet more women. Most of this thread is derail and unwarranted potshots at a new forum member. This thread is long on scorn and short on meaningful advice from vet posters who should know better.

Edited by dasein

What if you were to see a guy like me walking down the street with a woman who is 55; he's looking lovingly into her eyes, holding doors open for her, salivating over her, etc. A few weeks later you hear they broke up for some reason. Would you then be interested in that 52 year old, or it doesn't really matter, he's still after all ugly and repulsive?

I would think, "Aww, isn't that so cute! The old couple is still in love! When I get that old, I hope I'm still in love with my spouse like that!"

A few weeks later, in the imaginary thingy you created, I would think, "Wow, that break up must of really screwed that old guy up since now he's chasing women that are old enough to be his children. God, I feel sorry for him. I hope he snaps out of it soon..."

Honest, that's what I would think. AT NOT POINT would I consider this man appealing for ME to date.

• Like 3
Let's be honest. Every man's dream is a woman who is 18, blonde and very busty. And this has to be natural blonde and busty, no artificial additives.

Many men prefer brunettes and we all know a nice ass is the new busty chest. Get with the times.

Sigh. I must be a weirdo.

For me it's always been redheads. Preferably with a nice B-cup and an ass you can bounce a quarter off of.

• Like 1
So you can look at a picture of a woman and tell what she finds attractive just from her picture? If i send a picture of one of my recent gf you could then figure out what i look like from that ....

That's exactly why I said "majority" and why I asked about the ethnic/cultural background of your gf which you didn't really respond to. ;)

Honestly, I don't know what world LS men live in that looks and age of a man don't matter. Sure I give it to you that it matters less than for a woman but it still matters plenty. If you are old and ugly or average, you will have waaaay less options than a handsome younger guy, period. You're certainly not the first thing women think about when their panties are wet. Some of them do think about you when they see a designer purse though...That doesn't mean there aren't women who would fall in love with your personality or whatever other outstanding quality you have, it's just that they are more rare. In the OP's case, he doesn't even have an interesting personality so yeah...

• Like 2
  • Author

Exactly. So my lack of interest in most middle aged woman adds or subtracts nothing from how many young women are interested in me.

kiss_andmakeup
Sigh. I must be a weirdo.

For me it's always been redheads. Preferably with a nice B-cup and an ass you can bounce a quarter off of.

Good taste!!! :cool::cool:

• Like 2
Exactly. So my lack of interest in most middle aged woman adds or subtracts nothing from how many young women are interested in me.

I can't speak for all young women. I can only speak for myself. Maybe there are beautiful younger woman who desire a very old guy for reasons that aren't strictly financial. They could exist. I just don't know of any and I am for sure not one of them.

Your questions are way too immature for a 52 year old man who thinks his education is comparable to a phd in philosophy... seriously...

• Like 5

If you come across as "old man who is desperate to f*ck a young woman", you ain't gonna have a lot of luck because desperate smells bad on everyone. If you come across as "cool older guy who is fun to be around, and keeps my interest", you just might have a shot.

OLD is a cesspool for female attention wh*ring; get out more.

• Like 1
I can't help but think of the letter T.....

Oh yeah, OP, using Teabags under your eyes might make you look younger.

Nice save, ha?:laugh:

• Like 2
The only rational answer to "why" he finds a few OLD women rejecting him is that those few individual women in his sample did in fact reject him; he is basing his conclusion on too little data that is likely faulty, OLD as an OLD newb, when he needs to get out and meet more women. Most of this thread is derail and unwarranted potshots at a new forum member. This thread is long on scorn and short on meaningful advice from vet posters who should know better.
I do agree that one of the OP's problems is relying on OLD. I think at least half of the problems we talk about on LoveShack would go away if people got off their computers and met people in real life. OLD search engines allow women (and men, too, I suppose) to try and find their "perfect" match based on superficial criteria like age, height, income, astrological signs, etc. Out here in the real world, we usually fall in love with people who are completely different from the "perfect" person in our fantasies.

I'm old, short and poor, but that's never stopped me from getting lots of dates.

But, then again, I'm an Aries. . . .

• Like 5
Well, finding women who are 50 and over unattractive is I think pretty universal among human males.

If this is true, why is it difficult for you to accept the reverse - that finding men 50 and over unattractive is pretty universal among human females?

• Like 2
  • Author

Anyway, all personal attacks, assumptions, accusations and rage aside, I think what almost everyone here has answered is this:

99% of the time women find men more than ten years their senior to be physically repulsive. Period. Question answered.

Whether he's smart, funny, kind, athletic, educated, cultured, in great shape physically, whether he loves dating grandmothers too, whether he adopts stray kittens, whether she has no other dating options, is all simply irrelevant.

Older, as in 10 years, is repulsive.

Even if he's a millionaire, it doesn't really matter although in that case many women will just grit their teeth and do it anyway because they want that sports car or diamond necklace.

OK, I'm fine with that. No problem. Understood.

But could I ask a small question?

How do you all explain the immense critical acclaim*

American Beauty (film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and box office success*

American Beauty (1999) - Box Office Mojo

for a movie like American Beauty where*the plot centers on the mutual attraction between a 16 year old girl and a 42 year old man?

Do the math. That's not 10, not 20, it's 26 years.

Every female in the theater should have jumped out of her seat 10 minutes into the film screaming that this is a ripoff; the plot is completely unrealistic and nonsensical.

And please don't start with all the comments about perverts, shallowness, whatever. Just answer the question please.

I do agree that one of the OP's problems is relying on OLD. I think at least half of the problems we talk about on LoveShack would go away if people got off their computers and met people in real life. OLD search engines allow women (and men, too, I suppose) to try and find their "perfect" match based on superficial criteria like age, height, income, astrological signs, etc. Out here in the real world, we usually fall in love with people who are completely different from the "perfect" person in our fantasies.

I'm old, short and poor, but that's never stopped me from getting lots of dates.

But, then again, I'm an Aries. . . .

I'd like to sticky this post to the top of the dating forum!

I'm sure I could fall in love with a good man who is 52. I'd have to get to know him and fall for his charms naturally, though. I can't see agreeing to date a man that age without knowing him personally and developing feelings for him, specifically.

and box office success*

for a movie like American Beauty where*the plot centers on the mutual attraction between a 16 year old girl and a 42 year old man?

Every female in the theater should have jumped out of her seat 10 minutes into the film screaming that this is a ripoff; the plot is completely unrealistic and nonsensical.

And please don't start with all the comments about perverts, shallowness, whatever. Just answer the question please.

I was in my 20s when that movie came out. "Pervert" was pretty much the assessment, even then.

We weren't shocked. We knew that perverts existed.

• Like 6

and box office success*

It was a GREAT movie, because it had wonderful writing and good character development. Kevin Spacey's character was a messed up guy in a bad marriage who had lost his bond to his daughter and was going through a mid-life crisis. Not exactly a role model you want to emulate.

• Like 5
Anyway, all personal attacks, assumptions, accusations and rage aside, I think what almost everyone here has answered is this:

99% of the time women find men more than ten years their senior to be physically repulsive. Period. Question answered.

Whether he's smart, funny, kind, athletic, educated, cultured, in great shape physically, whether he loves dating grandmothers too, whether he adopts stray kittens, whether she has no other dating options, is all simply irrelevant.

Older, as in 10 years, is repulsive.

Even if he's a millionaire, it doesn't really matter although in that case many women will just grit their teeth and do it anyway because they want that sports car or diamond necklace.

OK, I'm fine with that. No problem. Understood.

But could I ask a small question?

and box office success*

That's the exact same analogy I used for my friends when I was trying to prove to them that star wars is happening somewhere as we speak. I mean how could that not be real, there was a MOVIE about it???

• Like 4