Why am I too old for younger women?

harrydubois

You sound like another Doug Hutchison after a Courtney Stodden...

Im 22 and my bf is 33. He is 10 years olders than me but it's already made me want to draw a line on dating an older guy. Not to say I haven't dated older men before ( I once dated a 40 year old guy), but I never saw anything serious in dating a guy who's the same age as my mom.

One, I know men who are after hot young chicks are doing it for the sake of chasing tail, there's something about having a young girl who looks like jailbait that makes them look cool to their fellow peers. Two, you're setting yourself to be used. Know that no matter how good of a catch you think you are, the girls themselves know they've bagged a piggy bank. Girls nowadays know how to dress and impress just to bag themselves a sugardaddy.

kiss_andmakeup
A 52 year old who specifically seeks younger women isn't considered a "sweet" guy by most women. Maybe a very young woman would be flattered or something, but a woman in her 30s is going to pick up on the fact that you aren't attracted to women your age, and it suggests some personal issues.

Quoted for truth.

"Aww, that's so sweet, he wants to date me because he think women his own age are ugly!"

• Like 3
  • Author

About dating women my own age, that's no problem. I'll date anyone from 18 to 80 provided that she's single, attractive to me, easy to live with and we have a lot in common. The problem is that probably no more than 5% of 50 year olds are attractive to me and over 50 it's about 0%. So excluding anyone under 42 excludes about 80% of potential girlfriends.

If that's how it is, fine. I'm far happier being single than being with someone I dislike, if that's the choice. I'm just curious about why that seems to be my choice.

• Author

Kiss and make up, is that your actual unretouched photo? If so, what is your phone number? I think you could potentially be my next ex-wife. If you play your cards right.

kiss_andmakeup
About dating women my own age, that's no problem. I'll date anyone from 18 to 80 provided that she's single, attractive to me, easy to live with and we have a lot in common. The problem is that probably no more than 5% of 50 year olds are attractive to me and over 50 it's about 0%.

Ummm...then yes, you do have a problem with dating women your own age, if you find zero percent of them attractive. Not seeing exactly what you're contesting here. :confused:

My mother is 51 and beautiful for her age. If my dad suddenly decided that she'd aged too much and wasn't attractive anymore, that would be just downright bizarre. Not to mention sad and hurtful.

So when you say that you find zero percent of women your own age attractive, that's troubling.

• Like 3
A 52 year old who specifically seeks younger women isn't considered a "sweet" guy by most women. Maybe a very young woman would be flattered or something, but a woman in her 30s is going to pick up on the fact that you aren't attracted to women your age, and it suggests some personal issues.

This!

About a year ago, after hearing from yet another guy who was over 50, claiming to be young at heart, and a good guy, I replied to him and told him that whilst he might be a good guy, I was put off by the fact that his preferred age range in his profile, ended in the 40's - and he was something like 52/53. It really bothered me that these guys were expecting to be snapping up the younger women, whilst ignoring women their own age. Men my own age were doing it, too - disgusting.

• Like 2
kiss_andmakeup
Kiss and make up, is that your actual unretouched photo? If so, what is your phone number? I think you could potentially be my next ex-wife. If you play your cards right.

I'm happily in a relationship, thanks. Not to mention I think I already discussed that I have zero interest in dating men twice my age.

• Like 3
GorillaTheater

:laugh:

You may be an asshat, but you've got balls, brother.

• Like 2
  • Author

Well, finding women who are 50 and over unattractive is I think pretty universal among human males.

I'm sure that most of us are aware that women subject them themselves to a great deal of suffering and huge expenses to look young. Look at the huge cosmetic surgery industry, skin cream industry, beauty spas, cosmetics all patronized by women desperate to look 39 forever or 10 years younger. There is a reason for that and all that isn't being done just for the sake of impressing of a few delusional weirdos.

What's interesting to me is that I'm surprised to find this fixation on youth to be so strong among women. Men, perhaps naively, seem to be pretty comfortable with the "distinguished" look and seem to seldom get face lifts and the like.*

I'm married with kids so I don't know if my opinion counts, but here goes. Why, as a 40 or younger woman, would I want to commit myself to someone as old as you, OP? Unless you have lots of money (I don't go for that, but some woman do), what could you give me?

Do you earn more or less than your husband?

Also, yes, I do think women in their early to mid 20's are more likely to date/be in a relationship with someone that they don't necessarily see themselves having kids with, simply because their biological clock hasn't started ticking yet.

Did you notice the part where EVERY SINGLE ONE was after me to marry her and get her baby factory going? Maybe I just shop for women in better places, I dunno.

Did you notice the part where EVERY SINGLE ONE was after me to marry her and get her baby factory going? Maybe I just shop for women in better places, I dunno.

yeah in Thailand, perhaps.

To OP: Oh god, yes we do find men your age very unattractive! The thought of you touching us grosses a lot of us out. Why do old men their attractiveness doesn't matter I'll never know. UGH.

• Like 1
kiss_andmakeup

And like I said, you being in your 40's rather than your 50's probably makes these relationships a bit easier to come by.

Plus I'm guessing you might be wealthier than the OP.

For the third time, I didn't say these women don't exist, just that they're rare. And if they're going to go after a 52 year old, they're going to want the best "model" they can get.

yeah in Thailand, perhaps.

Never really had a GF in Thailand, the current one I met in California. Sorry to blow your preconceived misconceptions.

And like I said, you being in your 40's rather than your 50's probably makes these relationships a bit easier to come by.

Plus I'm guessing you might be wealthier than the OP.

For the third time, I didn't say these women don't exist, just that they're rare. And if they're going to go after a 52 year old, they're going to want the best "model" they can get.

I do OK but I really think it has a lot to do with how a person presents themselves and just the individual. I act like a c*ck here quite a lot but in real life I am actually borderline on charming. A significant number of people just never cultivated the skill of entertaining someone they are interested in getting to know.

Never really had a GF in Thailand, the current one I met in California. Sorry to blow your preconceived misconceptions.

Is she originally from States though?

Is she originally from States though?

She's not an American Indian if that's what you're asking. At some point her family came over from someplace else. She's an American citizen, if that's what you're asking.

Not that I see what difference it makes, seriously. :rolleyes:

Racist much?

kiss_andmakeup
Well, finding women who are 50 and over unattractive is I think pretty universal among human males.

I'm sure that most of us are aware that women subject them themselves to a great deal of suffering and huge expenses to look young. Look at the huge cosmetic surgery industry, skin cream industry, beauty spas, cosmetics all patronized by women desperate to look 39 forever or 10 years younger. There is a reason for that and all that isn't being done just for the sake of impressing of a few delusional weirdos.

What's interesting to me is that I'm surprised to find this fixation on youth to be so strong among women. Men, perhaps naively, seem to be pretty comfortable with the "distinguished" look and seem to seldom get face lifts and the like.*

I don't think most males aged 50 would say that they find no women their own age attractive. Sure, from a purely aesthetic standpoint, most people (male or female) will agree that younger ones are definitely better looking. But most men, by the time they reach their fifties, have come to value other traits that make women of their age have a certain appeal, as well.

Why did your marriage end? Because you no longer found your wife attractive? I'm very curious.

Most couples, after spending a life together, value each other for more than purely aesthetic traits. They've grown together, had a family together, made a life together. Sure the husband drools when a hot 23 year old girl walks by. Sure the wife gets together with her girlfriends and watches Magic Mike. But in healthy relationships, these things don't cause them to decide that their life partner is, by comparison, ugly.

• Like 6

why am I too old for younger women?

....because you are old.

Smile stating the obvious -- one thread at a time.

• Like 10
kiss_andmakeup
why am I too old for younger women?

....because you are old.

Smile stating the obvious -- one thread at a time.

It's been stated many times...don't think it's getting through...:lmao:

That's simply untrue.

Does a 30 year old man find women over 50 attractive? Probably not.

But that is no different from a 30 year old woman looking at a 50 year old man.

People who can not find other people their age attractive have issues.

• Like 3
She's not an American Indian if that's what you're asking. At some point her family came over from someplace else. She's an American citizen, if that's what you're asking.

Not that I see what difference it makes, seriously. :rolleyes:

Racist much?

:lmao: ok, you don't want to respond. And you know why I asked.

• Like 2

Well, as you can see, the same thing applies when it comes to most younger women and older men.

And men like you fan the flames of that insecurity. Are we supposed to thank you for that?

Some women like to look and feel their best, and it varies as to what will accomplish that for each woman ( the feeling, I mean - not your opinion of what looks good).

*edit. Also, I noticed that it seems to be mostly men men who are more concerned with coming across as looking, and feeling/acting younger than they are. Or maybe it's even - it isn't just women, though. Your own posts make that clear.

Edited by Anela
  • Like 3
I don't think most males aged 50 would say that they find no women their own age attractive. Sure, from a purely aesthetic standpoint, most people (male or female) will agree that younger ones are definitely better looking. But most men, by the time they reach their fifties, have come to value other traits that make women of their age have a certain appeal, as well.

Why did your marriage end? Because you no longer found your wife attractive? I'm very curious.

Yes, I wondered this too. And I also agree that when someone says he finds NONE of the women his age attractive, that is a gigantic red flag. Certainly, people may be less fit as they age, on average, and you're entitled to prefer fitness or whatever, OP.

But if you think that you're fit and attractive regardless of age, you must see that it's perfectly possible for a woman to be so as well. They're out there, you've just summarily dismissed them. That's your choice, but then, it's younger women's choice to summarily dismiss you. Life is grand!

To me, OP, the blanket statement you made suggests that what you're really looking for is a false mirror into which you can gaze wistfully and imagine yourself younger. Frankly, that's a whole lotta baggage that's not particularly attractive at any age. One of the perks of getting older is supposedly becoming comfortable in one's own skin, isn't it?

• Like 7
:lmao: ok, you don't want to respond. And you know why I asked.

I just don't see how her being Canadian with a US green card makes a dimes worth of difference.

• Author

My ex is 10 years my junior and her age didn't bother me.

Also, I carefully stated that the number of women attractive to me who are over 50 is ALMOST 0. I'm sure there's one or two somewhere, but those few may not be single, easy to live or have much in common with me.

Demi Moore is 50 in only 10 days. Call her agent. I'd have lunch with her.

By the way, there may well be 70 year old men who think that a lot of 50 year old women look great.

Anyway, to return to my question:

The consensus seems to be that at least 99% of women under 42 consider me to be ugly, repulsive and unattractive. OK, fine. That explains a lot. And women who do date men 10 years or more older than themselves are 99% of the time doing it for money. In other words, she just grits her teeth and puts up with him touching her for the sake of the car, house, jewelry, etc. Essentially it's a somewhat respectable, legal form of prostitution. OK got it. No problem.

I'm a little curious however about this article which describes finding a husband after age 35 to be*a "911 emergency" and advises women to look for a husband who may not be the type they've always imagined. "The bottom line is, forget your type"

Landing Mr. Right After Age 35 - CBS News

I'm going to guess that a single Mom should probably subtract 5 years and apply these rules from age 30.

So anyway, would all this simply not apply to me because I'm repulsive to these women, so it's not even an option?