Why am I too old for younger women?

harrydubois

My friend's dad (age 52) has confessed his love for me (age 26), trying so hard to convince me that we have lots in common because we both play fantasy football and like classic rock music. SO WE'RE SOULMATEZ!!! Um, actually, that's where our similarities end. He was born in 1960, I mean come on! I've always thought life happened in black and white back then!

This is the problem. We have very little in common, no matter how old guys try to twist it. So, 50+ guys going for girls half their age gives off an entitlement vibe, and makes younger women feel like they're just being chased after for their looks/youth, considering the dude would have much more in common with someone his age. (This of course, excludes sexy young gold diggers, but you have to be rich for that, and even then I don't see how guys DON'T see it as a soul-sucking enterprise).

The thought of sex with a 50+ (hell, even a 40+) year old dude makes my skin crawl. It would feel like I'm banging my dad. I literally would reject George Clooney. Just can't do it.

• Like 3
My ex is 10 years my junior and her age didn't bother me.

Also, I carefully stated that the number of women attractive to me who are over 50 is ALMOST 0. I'm sure there's one or two somewhere, but those few may not be single, easy to live or have much in common with me.

Demi Moore is 50 in only 10 days. Call her agent. I'd have lunch with her.

By the way, there may well be 70 year old men who think that a lot of 50 year old women look great.

Anyway, to return to my question:

The consensus seems to be that at least 99% of women under 42 consider me to be ugly, repulsive and unattractive. OK, fine. That explains a lot. And women who do date men 10 years or more older than themselves are 99% of the time doing it for money. In other words, she just grits her teeth and puts up with him touching her for the sake of the car, house, jewelry, etc. Essentially it's a somewhat respectable, legal form of prostitution. OK got it. No problem.

I'm a little curious however about this article which describes finding a husband after age 35 to be*a "911 emergency" and advises women to look for a husband who may not be the type they've always imagined. "The bottom line is, forget your type"

Landing Mr. Right After Age 35 - CBS News

I'm going to guess that a single Mom should probably subtract 5 years and apply these rules from age 30.

So anyway, would all this simply not apply to me because I'm repulsive to these women, so it's not even an option?

look, if you want a correct response, we need to see a pic of you and a pic of the typical type of women you go after.

Dear OP; I have a feeling that this is not your first time around here.

It's interesting how you've turned your thread from asking why you are too old for younger women to yet another thread about how women "past their prime" (around 35, I guess), or who have kids, ought to be grateful that any man likes them at all.

I will restate what I truly believe: we like what we like. If you don't find any of your age peers attractive, so be it. I don't think that you "should." If you don't, you don't. By the same token, younger women (even as old as 40's) who don't find you attractive because you're an oldie - that's life.

I have no resentments about old guys who prefer younger women. When I was back in the dating world after my divorce, I saw guys online who looked attractive to me, who were in my age bracket, but who would not date someone as old as I was. It's VERY common. I think I "look good for my age" but I had no interest in trying to meet these guys and showing them that an old broad could be attractive too. The fact that they were only interested in younger women made them UNinteresting to me.

Hey! Just like when I was young, old guys who only wanted to date younger women were uninteresting to me! And I met a lot of you guys then, too.

Young people are more attractive physically than old ones. I think that young men are more beautiful physically than my husband is. That means nothing to me; it does not translate into me being personally attracted to them, because I'm not. When I was a single old lady, I did not crave young men. My husband is aware of the attractiveness of young women, but he would really, really not have dated in that age group. So, we were fortunate to have found each other!

And since you are very clear about what YOU like, I hope you find it. It would be better for you to be alone, yearning for young women, than to begrudgingly connect with a peer and always be pissed about her age.

• Like 6
Demi Moore is busy finding the next 28-year-old to replace Ashton Kutcher. She is not pursuing Dr. Drew.

She is indeed a beautiful woman, but a sad example of the dead end worship of youth.

kiss_andmakeup
She is indeed a beautiful woman, but a sad example of the dead end worship of youth.

I agree; how fitting that the OP chose her as his example of a 50-year-old he would "consider". :rolleyes:

• Like 3
I agree; how fitting that the OP chose her as his example of a 50-year-old he would "consider". :rolleyes:

Oh come on, you know you are flattered deep inside that he wanted to take you out. ;) think about all the experiences he has had!!!

Also, I carefully stated that the number of women attractive to me who are over 50 is ALMOST 0.

And the ones who are attractive to you are looking for someone more attractive than you.

Ah, the circle of shallowness!

• Like 6

I'm a little curious however about this article which describes finding a husband after age 35 to be*a "911 emergency" and advises women to look for a husband who may not be the type they've always imagined. "The bottom line is, forget your type"

Landing Mr. Right After Age 35 - CBS News

I'm going to guess that a single Mom should probably subtract 5 years and apply these rules from age 30.

So anyway, would all this simply not apply to me because I'm repulsive to these women, so it's not even an option?

I don't pay attention to things like the story you linked to, because the title itself is offensive to me. I seriously never realized just how awful it was to be 35 and over, for a woman, until I visited this board.

• Like 1
look, if you want a correct response, we need to see a pic of you and a pic of the typical type of women you go after.

Why? What is it with the nationality and looks thing anyway? Isn't a person entitled to like someone for some reason other than how they look in a photo if they want?

Why? What is it with the nationality and looks thing anyway? Isn't a person entitled to like someone for some reason other than how they look in a photo if they want?

Sure they are - but THIS thread is not about who the faux Dr. Drew likes. It's about why they don't like HIM. Also, he is the one who felt so strongly about his looks that he chose to post a link to Dr. Drew to help us get a feel for what the young ladies are missing. So I think it's clear that the OP considers HIS looks to be a potential factor in what he is writing about.

• Like 1
I don't pay attention to things like the story you linked to, because the title itself is offensive to me. I seriously never realized just how awful it was to be 35 and over, for a woman, until I visited this board.
Age doesn't matter when you have a sassy walk. . . .
  • Like 5

Sure they are, that doesn't mean they get it. He wants to know why women don't like him, and I want to give him an accurate response.

kiss_andmakeup

Ditto! The funny thing is that this board also spawns and enforces the things men DON'T like, such as the "women in their twenties are entitled princesses" thing.

Example, I was 22 when I joined this board. I was with a boyfriend, we were having some problems, and I came for advice. Eventually I became interested in the community and reading others' threads. I had no idea that because of my age, gender, and my average-or-above looks, I was supposed to be an entitled, spoiled princess who only desired the best-looking, fittest, wealthiest guys! Really opened my eyes to that! Now I walk around with a tiara on, expect only the most lavish dates, and tell every guy that he's not good enough for me. Thanks, LS, for helping me see the light!! :lmao::lmao:

• Like 4
I don't think most males aged 50 would say that they find no women their own age attractive. Sure, from a purely aesthetic standpoint, most people (male or female) will agree that younger ones are definitely better looking. But most men, by the time they reach their fifties, have come to value other traits that make women of their age have a certain appeal, as well.
I'm not sure I know any women in their 50s, but I know lots of women in their 40s who are gorgeous (I'm 50). The only really unappealing thing about most them is that they're married. I find that really turns me off. :( (Yeah, I know. I'm too picky.)

Kiss and make up, is that your actual unretouched photo? If so, what is your phone number? I think you could potentially be my next ex-wife. If you play your cards right.
I'm guessing that the OP's appearance is not his biggest problem with women.

Just a thought.

• Like 7
Sure they are - but THIS thread is not about who the faux Dr. Drew likes. It's about why they don't like HIM. Also, he is the one who felt so strongly about his looks that he chose to post a link to Dr. Drew to help us get a feel for what the young ladies are missing. So I think it's clear that the OP considers HIS looks to be a potential factor in what he is writing about.

Sure they are, that doesn't mean they get it. He wants to know why women don't like him, and I want to give him an accurate response.

So what is the picture of the women for then? :confused:

Can't he be evaluated without a few exemplars of what he is attracted to in the mix?

So what is the picture of the women for then? :confused:

Can't he be evaluated without a few exemplars of what he is attracted to in the mix?

He can, but we can tell him if the the majority of women he is attracted to would be attracted to someone like him. ;)

Honestly, this is way too obvious, I don't get why you are confused or act it.

• Like 1
kiss_andmakeup

I'm not sure I know any women in their 50s, but I know lots of women in their 40s who are gorgeous (I'm 50). The only really unappealing thing about most them is that they're married. I find that really turns me off. (Yeah, I know. I'm too picky.)

Haha, this I understand! I totally get that most desirable women in their 40's and 50's are probably taken. And there is nothing wrong with saying "I wouldn't mind dating women around my age, but it's really hard to find a compatible one who isn't married." That's completely understandable. His saying, however, that zero percent of women in his age range are attractive to him, was what was troubling to me.

I'm guessing that the OP's appearance is not his biggest problem with women.

Just a thought.

Haha! I had the same thought when I saw that. "Hmmm, really seeing that whole charming, sweet, and funny thing..." :lmao:

• Like 2
Ditto! The funny thing is that this board also spawns and enforces the things men DON'T like, such as the "women in their twenties are entitled princesses" thing.

Example, I was 22 when I joined this board. I was with a boyfriend, we were having some problems, and I came for advice. Eventually I became interested in the community and reading others' threads. I had no idea that because of my age, gender, and my average-or-above looks, I was supposed to be an entitled, spoiled princess who only desired the best-looking, fittest, wealthiest guys! Really opened my eyes to that! Now I walk around with a tiara on, expect only the most lavish dates, and tell every guy that he's not good enough for me. Thanks, LS, for helping me see the light!! :lmao::lmao:

Well, ya know that men really created this beast for "letting" feminism get away with... letting women pick their partners (?) If only women would just submit to stronger male guidance, no woman would ever be entitled or date above her class!

It's a bizarro world of LS. When I read this forum, or the articles on Man Boobz, I start to get really paranoid about how screwed up in the head we all are, and are just hiding it.

• Author

I'm getting a feeling here that there is a little bit of hostility being directed at me specifically and at men in general for being shallow and superficial.

Let's be honest. Every man's dream is a woman who is 18, blonde and very busty. And this has to be natural blonde and busty, no artificial additives.

Everyone here makes it sound like that's a bad thing.

Now, kiss and makeup, I am prepared to overlook your advanced age and not blondeness, however can you please send me a message with your cup size, bikini pic and phone number and maybe I'll call you for coffee sometime. Maybe.

I'm getting a feeling here that there is a little bit of hostility being directed at me specifically and at men in general for being shallow and superficial.

Let's be honest. Every man's dream is a woman who is 18, blonde and very busty. And this has to be natural blonde and busty, no artificial additives.

Everyone here makes it sound like that's a bad thing.

Now, kiss and makeup, I am prepared to overlook your advanced age and not blondeness, however can you please send me a message with your cup size, bikini pic and phone number and maybe I'll call you for coffee sometime. Maybe.

I know you're being facetious, but there ARE old guys out there that WANT the busty blonde 18 year old and would totally HAVE her and other women chomping at the bit to have sex with him, even if he told them, Look, babe, I need you to send me a message with your cup size, bikini pic and phone number and maybe I'll call you for coffee sometime. Maybe.

Because they're worth millions of dollars.

Pfft any man who wants an 18 year old must have the mental capacity of a stapler.

Many men prefer brunettes and we all know a nice ass is the new busty chest. Get with the times.

• Like 4
Pfft any man who wants an 18 year old must have the mental capacity of a stapler.

Many men prefer brunettes and we all know a nice ass is the new busty chest. Get with the times.

:lmao::lmao: it's true!