Consolidated Discussion - A man's/woman's height in the search for relationships

So how do I become a better package? I am looking for a long term relationship. I want to get a girl before graduating college. There will not be many girls when I get a job as an engineer

Trite advice is to get in top shape, skin, hair diet, and pay lots of attention to your wardrobe and how you carry yourself. Increase your social circle with people of all types. Everyone knows single women. Trite but works. If you play your cards right, and learn how to meet lots of people generally, your engineering career will be very attractive to women. Don't prospect at work anyway.

I met this petite girl. she was 5'2". I am sure she wears size 0 and 5.5 for shoes.

even as a girl, she was very little. her hands were small like a child too.

She was wearing heels though so she was maybe 5'4".

Now how many women are in this size in U.S? even if they fit in those category, how many would want to date 5 feet tall guy?

You're in a really bad spot, OP. I am your age and I'm 5'10 and you wouldn't believe how many times I get called short by women. Girls are generally going to be adamantly against dating someone who is around their height or shorter. Obviously you can't change your height so I would just focus on maximizing the other things that can make a person physically attractive and probably lower your standards a bit.

i'm barely over 5ft. And while i find tall men more attractive i wouldn't write a guy off because of height.

I think your best bet is be yourself. Work on your confidence. And the girls who are actually into you will overlook your height.

My ex is smaller. 5ft maybe 5in. He's also in peak physical shape and is very charismatic so he has no problem with women. Even the tall ones!

I will not lower my standards since they are not that high to begin with. I talk to all girls that are anywhere between average to very pretty. Either way I still get no results. I do not understand why height is such a big deal. Are women too stupid to figure out that height means nothing? Most guys I know do not care about a womans height.

Your height may be a hindrance with regards to attraction. It is true that girls are attracted to taller men and also broad shoulders which may come with taller height. However, when it comes to a relationship important aspects include communication, how well personalities get along, shared interests and activities, and much more. However, if your height is affecting your self confidence, it may affect the way in which you conduct yourself in a relationship. Women like confident men, but be careful we don't like cocky men. Gain the confidence within yourself before entering a relationship. Remember there is a lot more than just height to make a man physically attractive, and there is much more to physical attraction in a relationship. Pay attention to your positive qualities and when you feel good about yourself, women will pick up on that vibe and become attracted to you.

• Like 1

It's not that women are stupid... it is just one of the superficial things that they are attracted to. As guys, we certainly have our fair share of those.

You can overcome it. I have a friend who is like 5'4 but he is a bodybuilder and weighs more than me. He has a girlfriend and she is definitely quite hot. So it is possible, you just really have to compensate.

They will not lower their standard either :lmao: Who want to walk down the isle with a 5 feet guy?

Good thing about being women is height doesn't matter for them. It's all about proportion. They can't be ugly and fat though as we all know how it will affect not only dating life but jobs and social relationships

I will not lower my standards since they are not that high to begin with. I talk to all girls that are anywhere between average to very pretty. Either way I still get no results. I do not understand why height is such a big deal. Are women too stupid to figure out that height means nothing? Most guys I know do not care about a womans height.

yongyong, I hope that was just a joke. If I am unable to get a girl due to height, then I will force a girl to be my wife using the muscles i get from weight lifting. If there is a way for a short guy to make up for his height, I would like to hear it.

well sundevil, ive read other responses, and i am the only person who gave you real and good advice and youre overlooking it. I think you want to feel sorry for yourself.

Squirter69, everyday, i keep hearing that my height will prevent me from getting a girl. Your advice seemed to make sense, I am just worried that women will not be able to overlook my height.

Would you really want to go out with a girl who would consider height an important factor though? You just need to find a girl who doesn't care about such superficial and shallow requirements, that's all. Yeah, that may be 99% of the female population but there has to be a gem out in the midst somewhere.

Hey sun devil.

I'm curious to know what your family and friends think of your personality. Would the first thing they say be "he's got a great personality but complains about his height"? Would they say that you complain about women a lot? Would they say anything positive? I'm just curious cuz up until I joined this forum I never even believed that short guys had trouble finding relationships.

You'd be surprised at how much having a great personality helps.

Since you can't control your height, why are you stressing about it!

FACT, there are girls out there that don't give a rats ass how tall you are.

FACT, there are girls that do

FACT, some women are gold diggers

FACT, some aren't

FACT, some women prefer fat guys

FACT, some dont(mostly don't I'm sure)

FACT, some women want the typical male, big house, nice car, marriage, kids, money

FACT, some want something more realistic

Are you getting my point yet? Not all girls want the same thing!

Just be a happy, funny guy with respect for others and stop caring about your height!!!

I'm only 5'4" and I managed to spawn. In fact all of my past ex's were taller than me. And all of them didn't care about my height!!!

My Fiance is 4"10 and im 6" so i know a bit about height difference, altho to be fair its much easier with me (the guy) being 6ft then her, can you actually imagine it the other way round? lol anyway...

OP your question, I wouldn't consider myself attractive at all but with my height its helped me out with getting female attention as for some reason most girls like tall man (fiance included, altho anyone would be tall to her :love: i personally don't care about height) so i'd say your gonna struggle at your height but as other posters have said you cant change your height so just focus on other areas (hair, diet, wadrobe etc)

Good luck man and don't lower your standards!

I will nevr lower my standards. I would rather bridenap a hot and beautiful gwoman and have her as my servant rather than settle with a morbidly obese woman.

I will nevr lower my standards. I would rather bridenap a hot and beautiful gwoman and have her as my servant rather than settle with a morbidly obese woman.

All you need is someone who you think is beautiful. But seek to find beauty deeper than the skin. More importantly, you need to find one with a beautiful personality.

My wife is beautiful to me (and probably to many other men), but to say that she ranks as one of the world's most beautiful women is absurd. And I would say that she is, but I am biased.

So, you don't need to lower your standards but you do need to modify them.

She does not have to be a model. Even an average girl is good enough. I just dont like it when people tell me that I have to settle for a morbidly obese woman. i do have some standards.

She does not have to be a model. Even an average girl is good enough. I just dont like it when people tell me that I have to settle for a morbidly obese woman. i do have some standards.

Everyone has their own standards. Some men like skinny women. Some like curvaceous women. Some like big beautiful women.

Every man is different. Even "obese" women can be beautiful. :)

its ok to not want to go out with fat woman. but your choice is very limited, fat or not. and dont think that every fat woman would want a 5' guy. they have better options than you. you make it seem that fat woman cant do better than a short 5' guy. sheesh. youre the one with the huge disadvantage. she can get skinny, you cant get taller. deal with what you have and stop all this huffing and puffing, stomping feet "I want this and that". take what you get. you said yourself youre not successful and will continue if you dont change your attitude. like I said..5' you have it really bad. see this video. I have sympathy for short guys but not those who demand and have attitudes. its like youre mad at us that we stole your height.

Why should I accept what little I can get. I saw that video and it just shows that those women are too stupid to make decisions on selecting the right partner. If the vast majority of women act this way, then why should short men just accept it and move on. I hope that that video does not represent most women, otherwise, I cannot think of a good reason why bridenapping should be outlawed. We are mad becasue we are unable to get a girl.

I saw that video and it just shows that those women are too stupid to make decisions on selecting the right partner.

yes, I agree 100% woman dont know what the ef they want although they say they do, ive seen otherwise when I was OLD. they are clueless. yes, no, maybe, hmm, I dont know. the fckk outta here..boots her..

Then women should not be allowed to make decisions. They are too emotional to think. They need to be placed into submission. As I said in an earlier post, allowing women like these to make decisons is like allowing a baby to play with a loaded gun. I think the world would be better if we did not allow women like these to decide whom they marry

Hearing about how women do not like short men just because of their height is causing me to lose respect for women. I hope that there are a lot of women who dont mind short men, but I have never met one.

• Like 1