Consolidated Discussion - A man's/woman's height in the search for relationships

Do you reject girls based on their face and body? well they are doing the same thing....

I don't think she went over to 5'10" guy because he is an inch taller. I am sure he had an attitude that attracted her.

As far as strength goes, I don't think it matters in a modern society unless you met her at the gym and she finds strong guys attractive.

MilitantPacifist

I'm 6'3 and a muscular 190 lbs. and I used to get shot down all the time by women. Almost never got a date.

After some serious life experiences though I became very confident and happy with myself, and now I can't beat them off quickly enough.

Women are very flexible for the most part on physical types they'll date. You could be 5' and still draw women.

Confidence is what they really respond to. And humor is also a big attraction.

Each person has different tastes in what they find physically attractive. It's not something that can easily be explained. Some girls might not like me because of the color of my skin, but what the heck can I do about that?

I wouldn't waste time worrying about it. So many fish in the sea and all that jazz...

todreaminblue
I know this subject has been beaten to death, but I'm still confused?

I recently lost a girl to a player and then she married off to another guy.

She rejected me in part because I was too small (her words). I am 5'9", 160 lbs and she is 5'7". I have been in MMA for over 10 years and in excellent shape, college educated. The player has no education or skills, 5'10" and a beer belly. Although I'm a bit smaller, I am much stronger and could take this guy.

There is another guy at work, 5'4" 130 lbs. Another girl at work was constantly complaining about him to others (including his boss) about things that weren't true. When I asked her why she said, "I just hate Earl." When I asked why she hated him, she paused, looked at the ceiling and then said, "He so small?" She wasn't dating this guy and he never hit on her! He is a really nice guy.

Another time we we're all sitting around a bar when they introduced me to the bartender (an attractive girl, mid 20s). The first thing she said was, "You're so tiny!"

To contradict all this, I once new an Aussie who was 5'6" 150 lbs and not very good looking (over 55), but very outgoing and commanding in a good way. He was able to attract young women who never mentioned his size.

From my experience, a man's size is very important to women in dating? But is it size, or strength? Is is different if you're looking for a ONS or marriage? How was my friend able to override this instinct?

I am constantly annoyed and saddened by how many potentially positive relationships have been shot down before even given a chance.

I have gone out with tall guys, short guys(shorter than me ) a body builder who was built like a draught horse(almost considered not dating him for that fact)...build size doesn't matter....jockeys wives are often taller......and stunning.......i have dated a shorter guy when taller guys were interested in dating me....it depends on the women in question and the guy his strength of character confidence personality......to a certain degree......not all women go on height but some do...

some women go on the size of the hands and feet of males......apparently it is an indication of penis size.....which is a crock......some females can be fickle....i choked on a coffee once when a friend of mine told me how she picks guys to date....couldn't stop laughing for a week....nobody can tell you why this is or what is normal because there is no normal...i don't even know what normal is...do you??????

I am still trying to figure out what dating is all about and how to actually date.....which is pathetic.....lol.....i think too much expectations are put on men and women to conform to a norm which is not definable therefore my conclusion is.....there is no normal......too much conflicting information on what men want what women want and what is actually truth....

.i have a truth dont know if it appropriate really but here goes....

that llamas only spit when they are pissed off....as far as men go.....its preferrable they dont spit on dates.....and behave like llamas..have i confused you ....good....i believe that to be the norm....:cool:......deb

Some girls care, some girls don't. Surely I can't be the only one who's seen a short guy with a date his height or taller? You just have to focus on getting the ones that don't care about height. I say this all the time, I'm 5'7 and I'm doing well. "Well" includes women taller than me by a significant margin. 3-4 inches

Some girls care, some girls don't. Surely I can't be the only one who's seen a short guy with a date his height or taller? You just have to focus on getting the ones that don't care about height. I say this all the time, I'm 5'7 and I'm doing well. "Well" includes women taller than me by a significant margin. 3-4 inches

In the subway in london, I once saw a man getting on his toes to kiss his girl. It was kind of funny but adorable. Never saw something like that again.

You can be very confident in the ring but shy in front of a woman.

You should be proud of your mma training history but women won't give a damn about this.

Maybe you can take approaching and talking to women like a training to improve yourself.

I would say as long as you display genuine confidence in yourself and self love and respect, you will be attractive to many women.

If you feel tentative and unsure of your body, that translates to women and you know the cliche, what you think, you are.

Size does not matter, as long as you have confidence. Confidence is a flame and people flock like moths to that flame.

Your size is only a tiny part of who you are. Don't get hung up on it man.

With all due respect, "Confidence" only plays a small part in things: I've been on both sides of the coin, so to say, so I'd know what I'm talking about.

Confidence can get a crowd around you, however, you will still not be attractive enough in terms of where you need to be.

Or is it just looked at as something thats not a plus; neutral? All opinions welcome from all women as long as they state THEIR height.

5'8 is quite neutral. A lot of guys are 5'8, in fact most guys I know/meet are that height and a lot of them have girlfriends.

I know you post here a lot, and I don't have time to read all your posts.

Its seems that you spend all your time on the computer, and don't have anything else going on in your life.

But height or being short is not the only component of attraction.

In reality, your personality will be the most important component in maintaining a relationship; than someone who is tall and dumb.

What is your personality like? Do you have any hobbies that force you to meet women?

Or is it just looked at as something thats not a plus; neutral? All opinions welcome from all women as long as they state THEIR height.

That's a good height

todreaminblue

I have dated 6 foot 5 tall guys...i am short..i prefer a guy around my height to tell the truth .....my last ex was only five nine, five ten with docs......the ex before that hit five foot...i dont discriminate against height...i think guys worry about it enough without having me worry about height they shouldnt worry nor should you.....i know a lot of women wont go shorter but most women arent amazons.....there are enough averages to make the world go round..........deb

I know you post here a lot, and I don't have time to read all your posts.

Its seems that you spend all your time on the computer, and don't have anything else going on in your life.

But height or being short is not the only component of attraction.

In reality, your personality will be the most important component in maintaining a relationship; than someone who is tall and dumb.

What is your personality like? Do you have any hobbies that force you to meet women?

Its not about women genius. When have I ever complained about not being able to find a girl? But if you must know school and the whole Union Square of San Francisco.

Someone should insult this guy to the bottom. I mean those kinds of insults that will make him drop his knees on the ground and just start crying.

Why do I say this? because I know people like this.

Keep giving him positive advices. he might be motivated for a little while. once he fails again, he will blame all these supporters and call them liars.

Have you tried to encourage your friend and all you heard was 'F-ck you', not thank you?

Everyone can have doubts about themselves. But if someone keeps asking and asking, you need a different approach to treat those kinds

Again, when have I stated that I have become demotivated? When have I even stated that im motivated in the first place?

they search by height

Yeah but if height doesn't matter as so many women on here say; why are they searching for specific heights?

That's like me saying I don't have a racial preference but then have my OLD results filter only hispanics and whites or something.

you could, if he is good at sellig himself.

Sorry but I would not ever date a guy that's shorter than me....no matter what! Call it shallow,call it bitchy,call it whatever you want but, I'd be embarrassed to walk the down the street with him.Couldn't even give it a chance.

ScreamingTrees
Sorry but I would not ever date a guy that's shorter than me....no matter what! Call it shallow,call it bitchy,call it whatever you want but, I'd be embarrassed to walk the down the street with him. Couldn't even give it a chance.

I'm going to pre-face this with a single statement, that I'm most likely taller than you, so this doesn't come from a place of resentment or bitterness or anger.

I'd just like to say, that if any of those poor guys could read your mind, they'd be a LOT happier knowing that they dodged a silver bullet. You don't sound like a very nice person. It's not even your preference, it's just your crappy attitude. You sound like a jerk off.

For all I know, you could be the total opposite of the kind of person you're coming off as, you COULD be considerate of other's and their feelings.. :lmao:

I don't understand why women can't stand men to be shorter than them. But I never did understand why height was attractive or unattractive. But I find it funny how you said you were scared of what people think but you need a man who is confident and doesn't care about how he would look dating a taller woman. Women logic, LOL.

I'm going to pre-face this with a single statement, that I'm most likely taller than you, so this doesn't come from a place of resentment or bitterness or anger.

I'd just like to say, that if any of those poor guys could read your mind, they'd be a LOT happier knowing that they dodged a silver bullet. You don't sound like a very nice person. It's not even your preference, it's just your crappy attitude. You sound like a jerk off.

For all I know, you could be the total opposite of the kind of person you're coming off as, you COULD be considerate of other's and their feelings.. :lmao:

I'm not offended at all! I am a jerk off! Lol

I said in an earlier post that I'm 5' 7". As long as a guy is taller than me, then I would have no problem dating him.Then Scooby said that I could be talked into it...well he was wrong.I didn't mean to offend anyone but, that's not really a mean statement. I bet atleast 90% of women would not date a man that is shorter than her.

Granted...I'm 5'7" so, I'm considered average to tall but, there are plenty of shorter women who could find a partner who is less than 5'8."

5'8" is about the shortest that I personally would be able to date.And...I'm not that much of a jerk off cause I'm considerate by not wearing heels for those shorter guys.

Edited by AsItIs