Consolidated Discussion - A man's/woman's height in the search for relationships

I couldn't care less if you wore high heels around me. But what exactly is bad about dating a shorter man?

And you also said as long as a partner is AT LEAST 5'7 you would date them. Now you are saying 5'8 is the shortest you would date.

5'7=/=5'8

Women don't know what they want.

ScreamingTrees
I'm not offended at all! I am a jerk off! Lol

I said in an earlier post that I'm 5' 7". As long as a guy is taller than me, then I would have no problem dating him.Then Scooby said that I could be talked into it...well he was wrong.I didn't mean to offend anyone but, that's not really a mean statement. I bet atleast 90% of women would not date a man that is shorter than her.

Granted...I'm 5'7" so, I'm considered average to tall but, there are plenty of shorter women who could find a partner who is less than 5'8."

5'8" is about the shortest that I personally would be able to date.And...I'm not that much of a jerk off cause I'm considerate by not wearing heels for those shorter guys.

You haven't really changed my views at all with your closing statement, you've actually shown your inability to see the bigger picture. You shouldn't be offended, I just hope you find your match, s'all.

Who do you think you are? I don't mean this in an accusatory fashion, I'm genuinely curious if you really have a conscience and think before you say things in your day to day life. Probably not.

If you were truly considerate, you wouldn't be insulting people who're shorter, or anything that someone can't help, that isn't even inherently a negative thing.

I don't care what you've got in-between your legs, you sound like an *******. I'm just glad you got my point though, I figured it couldn't be too difficult for you.

Edited by ScreamingTrees

Oops, I'm sorry I meant to say 5'7" is the shortest I would date.It's not that there's anything wrong with a vertically challenged man. I just personally would feel akward standing next to, kissing,hugging & being held by a man who is shorter than me.

I'm not discriminating,it's just a preferance.Like I said before....there's someone for everyone & there are plenty of shorter woman than me, who would probably consider a man of 5'7" to be tall.I was always one of the tallest girls in school growing up & it's not easy finding a man who is taller than me & has all the other attributes I'm looking for.We all have challenges when trying to find a match so please don't be offended.

ScreamingTrees
Oops, I'm sorry I meant to say 5'7" is the shortest I would date.It's not that there's anything wrong with a vertically challenged man. I just personally would feel akward standing next to, kissing,hugging & being held by a man who is shorter than me.

I'm not discriminating,it's just a preferance.Like I said before....there's someone for everyone & there are plenty of shorter woman than me, who would probably consider a man of 5'7" to be tall.I was always one of the tallest girls in school growing up & it's not easy finding a man who is taller than me & has all the other attributes I'm looking for.We all have challenges when trying to find a match so please don't be offended.

It's cool, you should've just tried to make it sound more like a preference rather than a chance to insult a guy who happens to be short. You'll only reinforce the negative beliefs of many insecure guys here who probably only lurk these forums just to find anything that gives them a reason not to try.. A reason to fear trying..

I'm not personally offended, I'm taller than your 5'7 anyway. I just think that post sounded terrible. I know it's the internet, but still.

I do not understand why women think that it is akward to be with a short guy. I understand why dating a obese person of both genders would be unappealing since obesity is a health problem, but height means nothing. I think that it is stupid to reject someone over a meaningless trait. I can understand a preference, since I have a preference for blonds, but I would not have it as a dealbreaker. If I could find a girl that did not care about my height, I would have no issues.

Well I do apologize for sounding that way.It's late & my brain is half asleep.It truley was not meant to be hurtful to anyone.I am sorry!

ScreamingTrees
Well I do apologize for sounding that way.It's late & my brain is half asleep.It truley was not meant to be hurtful to anyone.I am sorry!

Eh, honestly, it's no big deal, I'm half asleep myself and have nothing better to do right now than browse these threads and pick on a snooty comment. :cool:

I really don't think a lot of this stuff matters (in real life--OLD is a whole other thing). I'm 5'7; the last two girls who showed interest in me were 5'9 and 5'10 without heels. I would let them wear heels if they wanted to, so now we're talking about 5'11+ and me at 5'7. We're talking about 5 inches of difference if they're in heels--almost half a foot. Those long legs were walking funny after leaving my bedroom just like any shorter girl. :laugh::D:p

I do feel for taller women though. Well, the ones who have this idea of their perfect match being taller than them. Most men I encounter in my day to day life are no more than 5'9. 5'10 is considered tall, and very rarely do I meet someone 6" or over. So for these women who use height as a deal breaker--that has to be hard for them. Not only does their mate have to be 6" or whatever it is they require, but also have a personality that meshes with theirs. They have to have all the intangibles you look for in a mate, PLUS a height that is outside of the norm. They are limiting themselves.

I'm pretty sure the aforementioned 5'9 and 5'10 girls didn't think the object of their affection would be 5'7 when they fantasized about their dream guy, but such is life. I guess they had to make due.

Negative Nancy
I never did understand why height was attractive or unattractive. [...] Women logic' date=' LOL.[/quote']

I never did understand why youth was attractive or unattractive.

Men logic, LOL. :rolleyes:

I'm 5'6". My ex-H was 5'4". An ex-BF was 5'8". Current H is 5'9".

Height isn't a big deal to me. I have also dated tall guys (6'6", 6'2"). Whatevs.

Edited to add: ExH was almost always shorter than the women he dated, but he had game, and I will say this for him: He never made an issue out of his height. The 5'8" ex-BF was more obsessed with it, and that was annoying, frankly. So to answer the original question - a 5'8" height itself isn't unattractive to me, but a crappy attitude is. Sorry for the platitude, but it comes from a place of truth.

Edited by serial muse
  • Like 2
I really don't think a lot of this stuff matters (in real life--OLD is a whole other thing).

Unfortunately, my experience is faultered with your statement.

The said, if a man sees his height (if he is short) as a floccinaucinihilipilification, then he should be aware of the dangers he could fall into if/when he becomes aware of the possible effects.

I am 5'10 myself slightly below average height. I have seen 5'6 guys do well with women. I believe there are few things that can trump height. Face, muscles and charisma. At least height hasn't stopped my friends and I know 6'2 guys who do horribly with women.

You are above average height. Stop it.

I know, right?! He's taller than me.

Necro.. What's your ethnicity?

Because, it will help me stereotype you and provide the most appropriate advice.

Average height in my country is 181 cm i am 178.

Maybe you'd be considered short in the NBA, or whatever planet Thor is from, but nowhere on Earth, regardless of country, would 2 inches under 6 feet tall be considered short.

This is the issue men have on here. You're not the first guy to make a thread like this.

No one wants to hear about a 5'10 guy talk about height.

When we talk about short, we're referring to men under 5'9.

No one here is going to come in here and sympathize with your height and if you consider yourself "short" you have a very distorted perception of what short is.

IMO, overall, it (height) is one factor of many. Relevant to each individual there are 'admittance factors', of which height can definitely be one. If an admittance factor is missing, for those particular individuals, the potential is refused admittance. This would explain the variability in your data points/anecdotes. It's possible, for those iterations, that height is not an admittance factor, or the subject's height meets the admittance factor criteria.

Substitute any known or perceived factor and process. The more obvious, meaning externally qualifiable and quantifiable it is, the more transparent the process is to evaluate.

As a historical example relevant to myself and often shared on these forums, some women will not date bald men. Scalp hair is an admittance factor and those potentials are vocal about it being such. So, regardless of other real or perceived factors, the potential is summarily denied admittance to those particular individuals. That's how life, in one aspect of it, works. Billions more to be encountered.

Maybe you'd be considered short in the NBA, or whatever planet Thor is from, but nowhere on Earth, regardless of country, would 2 inches under 6 feet tall be considered short.

This is the issue men have on here. You're not the first guy to make a thread like this.

No one wants to hear about a 5'10 guy talk about height.

When we talk about short, we're referring to men under 5'9.

No one here is going to come in here and sympathize with your height and if you consider yourself "short" you have a very distorted perception of what short is.

I don't think my height effects my dating life negativity but I have seen 5'6 friends do really well with women, I don't think height is as much issue as many claim.

I don't think my height effects my dating life negativity.

Your height doesn't impact your dating life negatively because you're not short!!

I don't think my height effects my dating life negativity but I have seen 5'6 friends do really well with women, I don't think height is as much issue as many claim.

Judging from the preferences of women in my family, height is a pretty big issue. I think it might have to do with the fact that our fathers are all pretty tall, but I'm probably just making stuff up. Anyway, you're right that other things such as personality can make height unimportant (for me anyway).

Also, sorry if this post is hard to understand because I'm confusing myself with my English.

Under 5'7" or so = insecure, failure, loser, etc etc.

Over 6'3" = CIRCUS FREAK. AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

This coming from a guy who's 6'6".

Under 5'7" or so = insecure, failure, loser, etc etc.

Over 6'3" = AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

This coming from a guy who's 6'6".

I dated a guy who was 6'10'', and he had no problems.

I dated a guy who was 6'10'', and he had no problems.

In other words, you're legally blind. I'm sorry for you.