Consolidated Discussion - A man's/woman's height in the search for relationships

In other words, you're legally blind. I'm sorry for you.

I'm sorry for you that you think your height makes women run away. I think you just might not have any game.;)

What the heck is the point of this thread?

Actually never mind that. As an average height man, you are barred from making any height related threads.

I am 5'10 myself slightly below average height. I have seen 5'6 guys do well with women. I believe there are few things that can trump height. Face, muscles and charisma. At least height hasn't stopped my friends and I know 6'2 guys who do horribly with women.

Actually at least in America 5'10 is slightly above average height for a man (IIRC it was 5'9).

But yeah I agree height doesn't matter much I think it would only really change things if your height is just extraordinarily tall or short.

Now height can make a difference but the effect is tiny, girls aren't normally going to reject a guy simply because he's slightly shorter than average, if she does do you really want someone that superficial?

Also I notice in these topics tall girls are ignored, I'm not a girl myself, but from what I hear from women alot of tall girls (not model tall, taller than most guys level tall) seem to share some of the feelings of the short guys as they feel they are being rejected for their height. Actually now that I think about it perhaps its time for me to start hitting on really tall girls I may get more results that way.

Now height can make a difference but the effect is tiny, girls aren't normally going to reject a guy simply because he's slightly shorter than average, if she does do you really want someone that superficial? [/Quote]

Careful with this. The shallow brigade will come in and defend superficiality by tossing a "preference" tag on it.

Also I notice in these topics tall girls are ignored, I'm not a girl myself, but from what I hear from women alot of tall girls (not model tall, taller than most guys level tall) seem to share some of the feelings of the short guys as they feel they are being rejected for their height. Actually now that I think about it perhaps its time for me to start hitting on really tall girls I may get more results that way.

What I've noticed online is the bulk of women OLD are taller than average. At least in my area. I mean most women I find are 5'7+...certainly taller than the average woman and put them in heels, even more so. I've said this before, I truly feel bad for taller women; if they're planning on only dating men taller than them, and for that to be possible they need someone taller than average (average meaning the bulk of men), that's gonna be tougher than her shorter counterparts who have more options.

I've said this before, I truly feel bad for taller women; if they're planning on only dating men taller than them, and for that to be possible they need someone taller than average (average meaning the bulk of men), that's gonna be tougher than her shorter counterparts who have more options.

Why would you feel bad for somebody who has a self-imposed restriction?

5'10 woman can't find a man taller than her who wants to date her; cry me a river.

I am 5'10 myself slightly below average height. I have seen 5'6 guys do well with women. I believe there are few things that can trump height. Face, muscles and charisma. At least height hasn't stopped my friends and I know 6'2 guys who do horribly with women.

If you live in the USA 5'9 and 5'10 are considered average height. Im 5'9, but even though my height hasnt hurt me in dating, I know its a factor. I see how women react to taller and shorter guys, and Ive heard women joke about short men. So it is a factor, just like anything else physically can be a factor.

It depends on the woman how much of a factor itll be though.

The problem with saying that I don't want a superficial girl is that either I was asking all the girls out who we're superficial or my height really is a barrier for me.

"Only if you we're taller" is the line of death.

Why would you feel bad for somebody who has a self-imposed restriction?

5'10 woman can't find a man taller than her who wants to date her; cry me a river.

Yeah I guess you're right. I just think women don't want to be tall. I think short men and tall women suffer from similar feelings of self consciousness.

Yeah I guess you're right. I just think women don't want to be tall. I think short men and tall women suffer from similar feelings of self consciousness.

I'd say that they are similar, but what short guys get could be infinitely worse for him in some situations

If you saw someone who was too short or too tall happily paired up with someone who makes them happy, would you try to break them up or shame them publicly? If the answer is no, then I don't see why these "short guy" threads keep getting created.

For God's sake, just let it die already.

• Like 1

I don't get it. What do tall women have to be self-conscious of?

The only guys who rather not date a tall woman, are below average height men and it's not like she wants to date them either.

The only guys who rather not date a tall woman, are below average height men and it's not like she wants to date them either.

I'm below average height, I don't care how tall my gf is, I'm not easily emasculinated or intimidated.

Tall women get the same kind of attention freak shows and animal oddities receive.

El Brujo, these threads about height will not go away until we can get assurance that our height will not be a huge factor in dating. I know women prefer taller men, but I want to know ways to compensate for my height without doing something next to impossible like becoming a billionare. Unlike you, the idea of being single is unbearable for me.

I'm shorter than average and have had my share of dates over the months. I simply seek out the ladies who are my height or shorter. There are more women open to guys their height, so I really don't see what the issue is really. I'm dating a woman who is 5'3, shorter than me and there are plenty of short women like that.

What makes me laugh are the ladies who insist only on men who are 10+ inches than they are. Preference, perhaps, but a little bit of superficiality as well. I look at the profiles and see what their "preference" is and if they want someone who is within 2 inches of my height, i make the contact.

The truth of the matter is that many women realize that height simply doesn't translate into decent, honest, sexy, etc. Many women will compromise on the height preference to a point, but goodness don't be unrealistic and go for the girl that is 4+ inches taller than you and then be pissy because she rejected you.

Edited by soccerrprp

This thread starting on this post has been moved by moderation to this consolidated thread

For those of you that dont know, I am 23 years old and never had a girlfriend. It used to be due to a lack of confidene, but I have been improving myself for the past year. I now approach several women a week and have been doing this for the past couple of months. However, I have gotten no results. I am 5 feet tall and wondered if that is the reason why I have been unable to get girls. If it is, what are the ways to compensate. I do not have a problem dating taller women for those of you who are curious

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
I'm shorter than average and have had my share of dates over the months. I simply seek out the ladies who are my height or shorter. There are more women open to guys their height, so I really don't see what the issue is really. I'm dating a woman who is 5'3, shorter than me and there are plenty of short women like that.

What makes me laugh are the ladies who insist only on men who are 10+ inches than they are. Preference, perhaps, but a little bit of superficiality as well. I look at the profiles and see what their "preference" is and if they want someone who is within 2 inches of my height, i make the contact.

The truth of the matter is that many women realize that height simply doesn't translate into decent, honest, sexy, etc. Many women will compromise on the height preference to a point, but goodness don't be unrealistic and go for the girl that is 4+ inches taller than you and then be pissy because she rejected you.

I don't really have a preference, if I am single and I like someone, I'll go after them. If they reject me, I don't show it publicly. I'm shorter than the woman you're dating.

For those of you that dont know, I am 23 years old and never had a girlfriend. It used to be due to a lack of confidene, but I have been improving myself for the past year. I now approach several women a week and have been doing this for the past couple of months. However, I have gotten no results. I am 5 feet tall and wondered if that is the reason why I have been unable to get girls. If it is, what are the ways to compensate. I do not have a problem dating taller women for those of you who are curious

Hi, I'm 19 years old, and I don't think that I'm that attractive, but apparently I am good looking or handsome as per some people.

I'm in a relationship nearing one year with my girlfriend.

I'm 5'2" and I don't think I've seen many people at my height or less.

Your height will be a barrier, but it's up to you what you want to do with the barrier. I climbed over mine so to say to get where I want and what I wanted.

There's no need to compensate, just be yourself.

• Like 2

OP it is a serious disadvantage, not going to lie. It basically excludes you from using OLD, and will disqualify you instantly with many women. But as the poster above says, you can overcome it with effort.

Yes, your height will reduce your pool of potential matches.

But that just means you have to keep going out and trying, so that you find the right girl(s).

As far as whether your height is why you aren't getting the success you want, I have no idea. That would be a question to pose to your friends or family who know you - whether you have any behaviors that are getting in your way.

What do you mean by effort? Does that mean that I have to approach hundreds of women before I get one who will overlook my height or does that mean I should greatly improve my self such as become a billionare or famous

What do you mean by effort? Does that mean that I have to approach hundreds of women before I get one who will overlook my height or does that mean I should greatly improve my self such as become a billionare or famous

Neither. It means taking pride in yourself, and actually want to do something for a good reason, rather than for the sake of doing it.

• Like 3

Both, in reasonable degrees. You will have to present a significantly better overall package to have the same opportunities as men of average or above height. You will hear here all manner of "examples" of some short guy who does well with women. Keep in mind that there is a big difference today between finding women who will sleep with you on occasion due to whatever reason, and women who will consider you for a LTR, so it depends on your goals to an extent. Short men who want similar opportunities of all kinds with women will have to work harder on themselves generally.

So how do I become a better package? I am looking for a long term relationship. I want to get a girl before graduating college. There will not be many girls when I get a job as an engineer

So how do I become a better package? I am looking for a long term relationship. I want to get a girl before graduating college. There will not be many girls when I get a job as an engineer

Height is really a small part.

You need to demonstrate other qualities she is looking for.