Consolidated Discussion - A man's/woman's height in the search for relationships

HoneyBadgerDontCare
Let's see your pic! :p

Get your friends to workout. Bike, lift weights, sports or whatever. Taking care of myself has helped me attract women however it's not the only reason.

Hahaha yeah I rarely work out and have a terrible diet. It hasn't hurt me much.

But I'm pretty outgoing and have a naturally fast metabolism (so I never gain weight unless I want to) so that might be why.

Also, I'm naturally an a**hole, which makes women's panties wet.

• Like 1
HoneyBadgerDontCare
I usually don't screen for height, although I admit that I like tall men, I'm attracted by other qualities too, for example for me eyes are very (the most) important, can trump height by far. But my next date is 6.5. I want to see that. I can't stop to think that that will be "too tall". Would it be possible for a man to be "too tall"?

One of my best friends is 6'5. He HATES it. He tells me how he hates standing out and whenever he does something awkward, everybody notices. He also said that he hates dancing because most women are much shorter than him and it hurts his back lol.

He desperately wishes he was 5'10.

• Like 1
HoneyBadgerDontCare
Let's see your pic! :p

Nah, I don't post my pic on here. With all of the offensive things I say about women, I'd prefer to remain anonymous.

Mrlonelyone
LittleTiger

That paper also shows that men 'discriminate' more than women when it comes to looks and physical characteristics.

It hurts when one's hard-earned important accomplishments are ignored in favor of something they can't change and dosen't really matter much anyway. Man that is frustrating, painful and ignorant.
Now you know how it feels to be a woman. Just to keep perspective ... :D

I personally don't care too much about height. My last boyfriend was only an inch taller than I, shorter when I wore heels. I was madly attracted to his broad back and shoulders, on the other hand.

LittleTiger
So, in short (sorry), statistics are telling us to chill, Steve Rogers won't be left in the cold even if he never becomes Captain America. The problem isn't one of finding someone, it's pure morality. Are we willing to sacrafice our comforting instinctive motivation in place of earned, some may call true value? Could you as a 5'6" guy date a 6.2" woman if she is a fantastic, caring, accomplished individual? Or is more important to find someone smaller that makes you feel more like a man?

I for one say scerw it! It would certainly be werid for a while to view a world of circus freaks, but imagine the possibilities. Once it becomes normal (remember not long ago mixed marriages or gay marriages were strange) everyone would be judged more for who they are themselves. Sure, physical attraction is still a factor, but wouldn't the world be a happier place?

Unfortunately we can't fight biology - it controls reproduction of all species on the entire planet. You may feel that it's 'morally' wrong to pick sexual partners based on the most biologically desirable physical characteristics but your brain disagrees.

It's only because humans are self aware that we are having this is discussion. Being aware of something doesn't automatically give us the power to change it although, as humans, we like to think it does.

What you need to remember is that it's the whole package of a potential partner that everyone is attracted to. What are perceived as positive characteristics can overcome or outweigh those that are perceived as negative. Paul Newman was only 5'9" and women swooned over him - because he had a gorgeous face and beautiful eyes. Woody Allen also had women falling at his feet. He was only 5'5", but apparently his sense of humour was irresistible.

Moral of the story is - just be the best you that you can be to maximise your choices with the opposite sex. If you're short but fit and muscular you have a distinct advantage. There are plenty of women who value physical fitness over height.

bob the brave
Moral of the story is - just be the best you that you can be.

Sounds like pretty good advice to me.

• Like 1
sillyanswer
And why height? Why isn't eye color a deal breaker?

Because eye colour doesn't affect the man's ability to bring home some juicy woolly mammoth steaks for dinner.

Some women want muscular guys rather than tall guys... same applies.

Have we really not done this thread 981 times before? Surely you've read at least one of those versions of this exact same topic?

Because, of all the shared traits, height best defines gender.

Yes, to a point. Or muscles.

A small guy seems efemimine, while a tall girl seems masculine.

Tall stocky girls might seem masculine.

Tall slim girls? Not so much. I heart them.

Sure, physical attraction is still a factor, but wouldn't the world be a happier place?

I think you're basically asking if the world would be a happier place if women found shorter guys just as attractive as taller guys. I'd say this is great for the short guys, but I like things just the way they are - where I can go on a first date and the girl says "oh, good. You're tall." So, no, the world wouldn't be happier but some people might be, although I expect some guys would still be looking for excuses for their inability to mate.

My eye gravitates to men 5'6 to 5'9 most. I never thought much about it until reading so much about height on LS. But it's true, they men who turn my head are usually not tall.

Same here. I like eye contact and notice men more in this height range as a result.

TaraMaiden

I could date any kind of guy, but if what's between his ears makes me uneasy, he's dropped, whether he's a six-pack, six-foot Adonis or a slightly portly average-height laid back fellah...

I'm certain an awful lot of the guys on here, who have gripes against women, are very good looking.

Their attitudes make me recoil.

Not what they may look like.

• Like 2
I'm certain an awful lot of the guys on here, who have gripes against women, are very good looking.

Their attitudes make me recoil.

I highly doubt it. If these guys were very good looking they wouldn't be posting thread after thread wondering why their online dating profiles get no hits, how come girls never ever approach them, and why as soon as they say 'hi' to a girl they get maced. No, most of them are probably fugly, shy, and have problems relating to other people. The types of guys who don't care what they wear and would rather read a book than go to a club. As for their gripes this is the internet, of course there will be tons of griping men and women, that's life. The ones who aren't griping are too busy getting guys/girls to come on the internet and complain about how hard it is.

Moral of the story is - just be the best you that you can be to maximise your choices with the opposite sex. If you're short but fit and muscular you have a distinct advantage. There are plenty of women who value physical fitness over height.

Well-dressed and good smelling helps too. Think about when you go out, how many guys do you see who are wearing stylish clothes and a nice cologne? It really does help. The shoulder-to-waist ratio helps as well, but if you don't naturally have it as a guy then you may have to take extreme measures to get it.

ScreamingTrees
I highly doubt it. If these guys were very good looking they wouldn't be posting thread after thread wondering why their online dating profiles get no hits, how come girls never ever approach them, and why as soon as they say 'hi' to a girl they get maced. No, most of them are probably fugly, shy, and have problems relating to other people. The types of guys who don't care what they wear and would rather read a book than go to a club. As for their gripes this is the internet, of course there will be tons of griping men and women, that's life. The ones who aren't griping are too busy getting guys/girls to come on the internet and complain about how hard it is.

So, what category do you fall under? Complaining about the guys complaining about girls on the internet? Why aren't you going out and getting some hawt chix?

So, what category do you fall under? Complaining about the guys complaining about girls on the internet? Why aren't you going out and getting some hawt chix?

I have a GF I'm just here to debate/argue and I like reading about other peoples' life experiences. Also I find some of these posters in here especially interesting.

Lets say this person has a great job and has a great personality. He makes friends with people easily? Would any woman date him. Do you know any woman who would?

Forever Learning

I think Michael J. Fox is pretty short, and he married a hottie who's a bit taller than him. Also Danny DaVito is short with a great personality, and he was married to that Cheers chick who was taller than him.

I'm 5'8", so I probably wouldn't date a 5 footer, but I have dated someone 5'6" / 5'7" and my ex-husband was the same height as me.

No biggie dude. Rock on with your bad self daddy! :D:bunny:

Most women in the U.S. are taller than that and would not consider dating a man of your height. Maybe you could focus on pursuing women from a culture where height in a man is not so important, such as Asian cultures or Hispanic cultures. There are many people of many different cultures in the U.S. Maybe you should focus on women from a culture where a man's height is not important to women.

Did Michael J Fox and Danny DeVito have problems with women before they were famous? KathyM, where would I meet these people. Most women I meet are westernized, even if they are from another part of the world.

Did Michael J Fox and Danny DeVito have problems with women before they were famous? KathyM, where would I meet these people. Most women I meet are westernized, even if they are from another part of the world.

There are women of Asian or Hispanic descent all over the U.S. The height requirement is not an issue in their culture. Even if they have become Westernized in some respects, there are still cultural differences, and since the women themselves in those cultures tend to be on the shorter side, they are not so focused on height in a man. That would be my suggestion anyway, that you pursue women from cultures where height is not an important thing for them.

Sure......

if I was 4'11".

However, thats MY personal opinion. Im 5'8" and can be up to 6'0" with heels on. Don't let height cripple you.

Where in the US would I find women who don't care about height? I am not so sure that Asian or Hispanic women would be any different if they are westernized

distorted_paranoia

This has really hurt my self-esteem. Any way to get it back? It seems so unfair and ignorant.

Ok, for a girl to love a guy for his physical appearance is just crap. First of all, appearances are just first impressions. Obviously I'll like a guy who is decent and I can look at without my eyes burning, but I don't need a crombie model. Second, I understand that taller guys seem "manly" and "protective", but what the fu*k? Like you can control your height. I honestly don't care for the guy's height, unless I'm a mile taller, then something'd be wrong in that picture XD.

Loving a physical appearance is *****, it doesn't last. It is the personality that the smart and good girls go for. The sluts want the face and body.

That girl was wrong. Completely wrong. She gave up you, whom from what I know, a very decent guy. Her mind is fu*ked.

A guy like you'll find a good girl who will love you for your mind and feel attracted to your face and body, but not so much that you must fit a certain unreachable criteria.