Women, dating, failure, unrealistic expectations.

woods321

imbewildered

I think what's going on is that Imbewildered and Woods are pals on the So Suave forum. The rethoric is borrowed straight from there (the charge of irrascibility for instance).

Do you just invent stuff to make a comment ?

BTW "rhetoric" is spelled with an "h"

At least your comment about ip addresses has merit.

And I think IP's are only monitored when there are gross offenses - not just one guy posting as two in order to support his own arguments.

Actually, if someone reports him and they are the same person, both will be banned. You cannot start a thread in one name, and respond to that same thread with another name. It is strictly against the guidelines.

Actually, if someone reports him and they are the same person, both will be banned. You cannot start a thread in one name, and respond to that same thread with another name. It is strictly against the guidelines.

Would it yield a permanent IP ban, or just a profile ban?

All I really date are men that I'm attracted to, make a decent living, and have college educations.

I don't get it, Woods, are you asking someone like me to get with some guy I don't have feelings for?

Are the only men you are attracted to are the ones who make a decent living and have college educations?

All I really date are men that I'm attracted to, make a decent living, and have college educations.

I don't get it, Woods, are you asking someone like me to get with some guy I don't have feelings for?

Are the only men you are attracted to are the ones who make a decent living and have college educations?

What's so bad about that?

Yes but you don't have to have "supermodel" looks to attract a man. A lot of men aren't into the supermodel looks, they'll take a cute size 8 anyday over skin and bones. It's kind of discrediting men if you think all they want is a human Barbie doll and they don't require anything else.

Not all models are skin and bones and just because you're a size 8 doesn't make you cute.

Also, these everyday, average joe guys you know might be able to say "Oh I'm gettin' me a young chick to marry" but in reality, this won't happen, they'll end up falling for women closer to their own age.

First of all you don't know anything about the people I know to call them "everyday, average joes". BTW, the 55 yr. old CPA is seriously dating a beautiful 27 year old and I do think he is planning on marrying her. He doesn't have children and wants 4. My 32 yo bil is dating a 23 year old and they seem perfectly happy. I hope the they all don't end up married women closer to their own age but end of marrying women they love.

It's easy for someone married to criticize women who aren't married.

How did I criticize anyone?

Women are aware of looks. It's not about how their parents are telling them they're super hot looking and stuff when they're not, it's kind of silly to think that. Women are able to evaluate their own looks and looks aren't really what it's all about.

Yes their parents do!!!! I'm not silly are you? We all wish it wasn't about looks but we know in a man's world (and womens) that just isn't true. But whatever makes YOU feel better at the end of the day!

What's so bad about that?

Nothing at all, but when I see people I'm attracted on sight. I don't wait to hear about their credentials first.:rolleyes:

Nothing at all, but when I see people I'm attracted on sight. I don't wait to hear about their credentials first.:rolleyes:

Ok, gotcha. Yes, I've been physically attracted to men with no education but the attraction always stopped there for me.

Haloandhorns85

WHy is it so bad to have education as a standard? There are two reasons for using that: (1) Being an educated woman, you want someone on your level...someone you can hold a conversation with and have common interests with. (2) Its called being smart and looking out/planning for your future.

WHy is it so bad to have education as a standard? There are two reasons for using that: (1) Being an educated woman, you want someone on your level...someone you can hold a conversation with and have common interests with. (2) Its called being smart and looking out/planning for your future.

Nothing wrong with that. I can't have a decent conversation with someone who hasn't had an education or at least educated him or herself. A future partner doesn't even need a college degree as long as they are self-educated and can have an intelligent conversation.

A lot of people who are "educated" are still dumb as a pile of bricks, really. I need someone who is literate and intelligent. I don't care how they got educated, as long as they are! :)

Ok, gotcha. Yes, I've been physically attracted to men with no education but the attraction always stopped there for me.

No, you didn't get me, that is your preference.

There's nothing wrong with having an education, I highly value mine. However, I can hold a conversation with people on all levels and have common interests with most people I meet.

There's nothing wrong with having an education, I highly value mine. However, I can hold a conversation with people on all levels and have common interests with most people I meet.

I absolutely can too. I just chose not to spend the rest of my life with someone who has less education than I do.

lovestruck818
Yes their parents do!!!! I'm not silly are you? We all wish it wasn't about looks but we know in a man's world (and womens) that just isn't true. But whatever makes YOU feel better at the end of the day!

I was a size 8 once and I wasn't cute. Now, I'm a 0 and I'm cute as button.

Haloandhorns85
I absolutely can too. I just chose not to spend the rest of my life with someone who has less education than I do.

Exactly. I didn't say I couldn't hold a convo with someone with less education than myself. It's not even that I deserve it. It's a matter of want. I have tons of friends that didn't go to college and we communicate just fine. Yet if I wanted to talk about history or literature (an interest of mine), then I'd have to find someone else to discuss with because they wouldn't know what I was talking about...or wouldn't know enough to carry their side of the convo effectively. It's nothing against them or anyone that hasn't been to college. It is all just a matter of choice and want.

I wouldn't care about her level of education, but after we got married I would want her to get a degree in something which produces money. If I ever died and we had kids, I would want to know that she and the kids would be OK.

Exactly. I didn't say I couldn't hold a convo with someone with less education than myself. It's not even that I deserve it. It's a matter of want. I have tons of friends that didn't go to college and we communicate just fine. Yet if I wanted to talk about history or literature (an interest of mine), then I'd have to find someone else to discuss with because they wouldn't know what I was talking about...or wouldn't know enough to carry their side of the convo effectively. It's nothing against them or anyone that hasn't been to college. It is all just a matter of choice and want.

Yes, that's how I feel about it too.

Ladies, can you be attracted to a man before you know his credentials?

And what do you mean by education? Having an MBA in accounting will make for interested history talk? The man needs advanced degrees in whichever topic you feel you know about and are interested in?

Or is it a thinly veiled excuse as you think educated men make more money, and you don't want to sound like you are all about that, so you just claim you want an educated man as he will be a good conversationalist?

I know many women with no formal degrees that are 10 times more interesting than people with their MBA.

Ladies, can you be attracted to a man before you know his credentials?

Physically, yes.

And what do you mean by education? Having an MBA in accounting will make for interested history talk? The man needs advanced degrees in whichever topic you feel you know about and are interested in?

Or is it a thinly veiled excuse as you think educated men make more money, and you don't want to sound like you are all about that, so you just claim you want an educated man as he will be a good conversationalist?

I know many women with no formal degrees that are 10 times more interesting than people with their MBA.

You asked a good question but for me it wasn't/isn't about money. More educated men just happen to make more money usually, yes.

It's just that at the end of the day, I'd like to be able to have an intelligent conversation with my spouse.

It's rare to find that in a man who has only a high school education. It's not unheard of by any means, but it's rare in my experience.

Well touche, I disagree.

I went to college and graduated, so I have many college friends.

The field I am in now is building, so I know many business owners that never went to college.

They are far more likely to follow current events, politics, have more free time, can be individuals due to the fact they are their own boss, travel more etc.

My college friends all have similar (much lower paying) jobs, and they all talk and act alike. They are in corporate culture. They typically get little vacation time, so they can't travel much.

Lets face it. Getting a degree is not that difficult. It just takes a little time.

Oh, you're just talking about men? I was talking about people in general.

I was a size 8 once and I wasn't cute. Now, I'm a 0 and I'm cute as button.

Wow, and you call models skin and bones? Again, just because someone is a size 0 doesn't make them cute.:laugh:

So Touche, I am guessing a man with a higher degree than you should ALSO feel the same?

"Well, I wouldn't consider dating Touche because I have this degree, from this college, and it shows I am more educated. I don't date people less educated than myself, as I need someone to actually talk to"

So only people with the exact same degrees, from the same level of colleges should date?

lovestruck818
Wow, and you call models skin and bones? Again, just because someone is a size 0 doesn't make them cute.:laugh:

Well I also didn't tell you I'm 5'0"...sooooo it's not as skinny as you think