Women, dating, failure, unrealistic expectations.

woods321

Blue Strawberry

It's true! All foreign women are under 30, look like Giselle the supermodel, are a size 0 and they are the only women who are desirable to American men!!! And they're DYING to be with American men!!! All American women are destined to be SINGLE with CATS FOREVER (even if they are allergic, like I am.)

Yes then men will be looking at other planets for suitable women!!! You got it!!!

Not all forgeign women are looking for American men with money. There are many Eastern Europeans living on the Jersey Shore and they just have a different mentality and a different demeanor. I can't explain it but when talking to one of the women I feel like I can breathe while on the other hand I feel like I have to walk on eggshells around most American women. I am very tense around most women because I feel like anytime I will need to defend myself in an argument but with these women I feel very at ease. I am married to one of the rare American women worth something so I don't try and get a date with them but you just notice the difference with them. Also the happiest and most stable marriages I know are immigrants so that says something. The asians' hispanics and indians are coming over here and thriving and all of them are family oriented cultures unlike the anti-family culture that has developed in mainstream America.

I never spoke in such extremes..

However, finding a woman that is height and weight proportionate in many countries is the norm.

I never said European women are dreaming of it. When did i say that? I am saying American men have plenty of choices, unlike American women. At best, an American woman would be average there, and at best average in other places. Facts.

Well guys here on LS. It seems your mind is made up about what you want in a woman and it doesn't seem to be here in the good old USA. When do you guys plan on moving to another country to find the woman of your dreams? Why even stay here in the U.S. and be subjected to us American women? Go get what you want. Don't complain about us just date and marry who you want. I guess it's just a matter of preference. I like chocolate ice cream and you may like strawberry. I can't make you like chocolate but don't get angry because I don't like strawberry.

First off I have found a woman who happens to be an American and 2nd even if I were single the Northeast is filled with many immigrants from many different places so a man out here has choices. The spoiled entitled princess with a feminist attitude is not the only type of woman that a man has to pick from in these parts.

serial muse
American women sure do complain a lot about American men.

= irony. Or perhaps merely a lack of self-awareness.

I look forward to yet another of these complain-y threads tomorrow, about how women complain about men.

Sigh. So tired of this topic.

Blue Strawberry

Yes, that's what is funny, it is male posters who are starting these threads, it's not women posters posting and complaining about men at all. It is just male posters coming on and making all these ridiculous assumptions.

What it is is guys who in their real lives have problems getting dates themselves. So move to another country or go to another country and bring her back here and marry her. Or go to a female bashing board such as sosuave and make endless posts "Yeah, gonna get me a foreign women". It's the guys who are complainy.

Whatever.

Actually, I do think people (in my case the women I meet) have unrealistic expectations.

There's a website that where I can click on "My Matches' and I see a full gallery of women, that are apparently "My matches"

Some living rather close to me too.

It's kind of funny, because I've seen these same faces OVER and OVER again through the years of online dating, some are still on there...some...dateless.

I've emailed them in the past of course, of course , no response....waited a couple weeks and did a follow up, still nothing.

I think I just about emailed EVERY woman in my geographic 50 mile radius, and I just get sick of seeing their faces, because that's ALL I SEE. LOL!

The same overly picky women with unrealistic expectations.

I feel telling some of those women, "Why are you still on here? EVer thought about throwing in the towel on this dating site, seriously?"

OR..even better, the ones that leave and come back.

There was this one woman, I swear her profile must've been a BLOG and not a profile.

I'd check it out every so often (I've seen her on Myspace, Yahoo, other dating sites as well..I mean she is ALL OVER the internet)

Every so often, she'd say as an "Update" to her p rofile.

"Okay, I'm about to take a break from dating altogether, so if you want to email me now, here's your chance"

As a last ditch effort get men to email her.....then....I decided that was an excuse for me to send her that 2nd email....since she's basically asking for it. LOL

Still no response.....she WOULD take a break, then about 2 weeks later...NEW screen name and NEW profile..."Trying this again guys!"

She must've did this 3 times already...quite pathetic actually.

Eventually her profile got to he point of, "Okay, I get alot of guys emailing me, so I'm going to be more specific about what I want"

And she launches into a tirade of MOSTLY physical looks....apparenatly she wanted a big BURLEY man, tall of course, big arms that can "hold her"....she must read too many harlequin novels or something. lol

I'm like "Take you're ad off, you're not succeeding and not giving decent guys a shot...just stay in your cave at home, go to work, and purchase more cat food!" :laugh:

Blue Strawberry

This is all true perhaps in your own mind.

It's not like we don't see everyday, non-gorgeous looking people in relationships. Sometimes one is heavier than the other.

People date and marry, you don't have to be gorgeous and emaciated woman to fall in love and marry, give me a break.

If you're a guy, you don't have to have money and you fall in love with who you fall in love with, whether they look like a model or not.

You have no grasp of reality.

imbewildered

I think I just about emailed EVERY woman in my geographic 50 mile radius, and I just get sick of seeing their faces, because that's ALL I SEE. LOL!

The same overly picky women with unrealistic expectations.

These sites are loved by annoying, self important, perpetually single and desperate women pretending that they have choices when they really have none.

hi, im on a few dating/friendship sites..

would not say im desperate i just like to chat to people from different walks of life.. i go out every weekend and yes i talk to guys/ girls but its easier online,

you can share the same interests no matter how diverse they are.. aswell as

the fact that they are from all over the world.

personally i dont like to be put on the spot and when meeting people direct this tends to happen..

im not looking for mr right or mr right now.. i just enjoy the chat;)

These sites are loved by annoying, self important, perpetually single and desperate women pretending that they have choices when they really have none.

Yeah, unfortuantely, I've realized there is a FINITE amount of single women in my area...unless a couple here and there trickle in because they moved into my area from relocating geographically due to a career move or something...otherwise, the same faces of the single women, I've already emailed...over and over again.

They might as well hang it up, and go back to the bars, or nightschool or some kind of interest group where they can hang out with people with the same interest. I think the online dating thing is severley spoiling them.

Men around the world have very little desire to marry an American women.

I like American women :)

I agree...but you say you have a high income, right?, which I am sure you do...why would you want to throw your hard-earned money away is what I am saying...when you can invest it in real estate and possibly make more money on it when you sell? Owning gives you the power to sell which is why it's great...provided, you sell it for more than you bought it for. With renting, you don't even have that opportunity.

Hah, no, the market has a long way to go before it is corrected. Don't believe the hype. Check out the income to mortgage ratios. They have a huge amount of correction that needs to occur to bring them to pre-2000 levels. It is obvious you brought this up just to brag about your mortgage. With mortgages, you are throwing away your money also - did you ever realize you're paying interest that's usually more than a comparable rent? Paying interest and losing double or triple digits in equity for the next few years. Crappy deal! BTW, I purchased and lived in a $600k house at 23 and now rent and plan to continue to rent for many years to come. If any woman looked down on me for renting, I'd just assume she wasn't educated enough.

In regard to the OP, I find that women think they are too good for a man if he is too nice to her.

Yeah, unfortuantely, I've realized there is a FINITE amount of single women in my area...unless a couple here and there trickle in because they moved into my area from relocating geographically due to a career move or something...otherwise, the same faces of the single women, I've already emailed...over and over again.

They might as well hang it up, and go back to the bars, or nightschool or some kind of interest group where they can hang out with people with the same interest. I think the online dating thing is severley spoiling them.

Oh, c'mon guys, stop being so bitter.

If women doing online dating are desperate and have no choices, why aren't they responding back to your sweet lil' emails?

By the way I think Match runs scams sometimes. I closed my account 3 weeks ago, and had my profile hidden from public, only to get an email this morning from someone who supposedly viewed my profile? I mean how is that possible?