Women, dating, failure, unrealistic expectations.

woods321

I just think it is sad that nowadays when people talk of who they want to marry the word "love" never seems to be at the top of the list.

Excellent point..

This topic is getting really old. For as many stereotypes as you think there are about American women, there are just as many about American men.

The difference is that many foreign men have a negative view of American women while many foreign women have a positive view of American men. Women who come from sexist cultures that have experienced real oppression don't moan and whine if a man forgot to read her mind 10 years ago.

The difference is that many foreign men have a negative view of American women while many foreign women have a positive view of American men. Women who come from sexist cultures that have experienced real oppression don't moan and whine if a man forgot to read her mind 10 years ago.

Oppression? What are we talking about here - third world countries? Well, my ex from England would argue with you about your 'moan and whine' comment, and so would his 'mates'. I'm not sure where you're getting your information from.

I'm guessing that it would never occur to you that these foreign women (oppressed or not) might be after American men for the very reasons that you accuse American women of being after you - money. I can tell you for a fact that they are far worse than American woman. They see the American male as a prize because they think he is successful and will give them everything they want. Not because his personality is better than the men in their own country. Please don't try to convince me that foreign women don't care about money and that American women are the only golddiggers. That's such a BS generalization.

Most American women know how to take care of themselves and are more likely to leave a relationship if it's bad. If you ask me, this is what sexist men - in all cultures - don't like about American women. They much prefer the oppressed woman who doesn't have enough self-esteem to walk away. But, if you have such disdain for American women, then I say date whoever you want to date because the last time I checked, it was still a free country. You'll be doing American women a favor.

Excellent point..

In my mind, it's so obvious it doesn't even need to be said. I would never marry anyone I wasn't in love with.

American men cheat far less, work harder, have better lifestyle habits, and view women more so as equals. At the very least, we are regarded as a comparable catch.

American men do quite well in third world, and other first world nations.

Men around the world have very little desire to marry an American women.

And if you want the honest truth, foreign women typically DEMAND to be treated in a certain way. They are far from doormats.

You can't get away with nearly as much with a foreign woman, as you can with an American one.

And whats the difference. From reading these threads, all women say they want a high earner anyway. It's not like American women overlook how much money you make, lol.

American men cheat far less, work harder, have better lifestyle habits, and view women more so as equals. At the very least, we are regarded as a comparable catch.

And if you want the honest truth, foreign women typically DEMAND to be treated in a certain way. They are far from doormats.

You can't get away with nearly as much with a foreign woman, as you can with an American one.

References, please.

Ok, a few random thoughts:

My best friend's father is a plumber who works for himself. He is a very handsome and educated man. If you were to see him, you wouldn't believe he's a plumber. And he paid for her to go through Law School. They have a beautiful house too.

Every case has it's independant variables. And honestly, I have high expectations...but it was because I had such low expectations for so long, I decided which things I'd deal with and which I wouldn't. Now, my list was never as long as the one mentioned in the original post, but there were certain things that I wanted. After a while, I realized that those expectations didn't matter as much as the behaviors that I didn't like.

Personally, I'd rather be the old lady down the road with all the cats than to be stuck with some of the men I've dated.

On another note, I'd like to add that it works both ways. I can't tell you the number of times I was contacted on a personals site just to have the person decide they weren't interested anymore once they realized I was overweight... even though I have a pretty face. So, I will disagree with you on that point.

Disagree with me on what point? What you said had nothing to do with what you quoted from me. I never said anything negative about plumbers, and... I don't know what your face versus your weight has anything to do with anything I've said either. :confused:

And whats the difference. From reading these threads, all women say they want a high earner anyway. It's not like American women overlook how much money you make, lol.

As an American woman who's been to Europe many times, in many different parts and who was married to a European, I failed to noticed this avoidance of American women that you seem so intent on pointing out. Quite the contrary actually. But, believe what you want. This is just more BS that doesn't even deserve a comeback.

What was wrong with Angel's post? That happens in every company, everywhere.

I explained all of that just before you... asked that question. Likewise, she explained her meaning. Sooo... you lost me with this one.

Women throwing themselves at the CEO, vice president, etc. It was a perfect example. S the CEO in her story said "take a number".

That has nothing to do with what I was saying...

Millions of women think because they have a vagina, they are "entitled" to anything And everything they want in a man. Don't you think it is disgusting that she is an obvious golddigger, joining millionaire.com?

And some men think that just because he has a little money that everyone woman wants his penis. And? So? Still not getting your point.

Obvious golddigger? Is it "obvious" that people who date online are desperate, or is that just an outside opinion of some onlookers? While I don't doubt that such a site would be littered with women looking for a man with money... just because he has money, someone here also mentioned that such sites ask for your height and weight and such as a requirement. Seems that it would go both ways then if we want to make assumptions, now doesn't it?

Regardless, that had nothing to do with my point.

Well, its not even debatable.

If you put a 30 yr old average American man, and an average 30 yr old American woman in Russia, South America, Asia, or Europe, the American man will have young and beautiful women all over him, and the American woman will just be average, or most likely receive below average attention.

There are no shortage of young beautiful women in many third world nations, or first world European nations, so the men in those countries want nothing to do with a 30 yr old average American woman.

Well, its not even debatable.

If you put a 30 yr old average American man, and an average 30 yr old American woman in Russia, South America, Asia, or Europe, the American man will have young and beautiful women all over him, and the American woman will just be average, or most likely receive below average attention.

There are no shortage of young beautiful women in many third world nations, or first world European nations, so the men in those countries want nothing to do with a 30 yr old average American woman.

I see. So the standard for yourself is now third-world countries because you can't measure up to the women surrounding you. Why am I not surprised?

I see. So the standard for yourself is now third-world countries because you can't measure up to the women surrounding you. Why am I not surprised?

I think this might be why many of us are running into men who seem like the women in the relationships. If they're not... I guess the other option is for them to turn jaded or resentful. Women have more now, our society has more now, and so we naturally expect more now. I'm not sure what the numbers are, but last I heard it seemed that more women were attending or graduating from college than men. I could be wrong on that. But regardless, it seems to be a misplaced hostility that some are walking around with. It just reminds me of some of the complaints I've heard about affirmative action.

LOL

Last time I checked Europe is not third world.

But whats wrong with "third world" women anyway? The ones I dated are far more educated than the average American female. They speak 3 or 4 languages. They are very intelligent, and much more wise. More mature as well.

If you are born in the USA, you are "automatically" better than a woman born in another country? Thats just silly.

Its not a question of "Cant measuring up", its a question of wanting to.

Matt Damon married a divorced, single mother, Argentinian bartender. Mathew McConaghey just married an average Brazilian girl. Tiger Woods married a Swedish housekeeper. HMMM Why? They cant land an American girl?

Seems like men who were ranked SEXIEST and most eligible men in America "cant measure up" either.

The men with money, intelligence, and potential are the ones who travel abroad. Those are the ones meeting foreign women. Not the poor dudes who can't pay bills.

The men with money, intelligence, and potential are the ones who travel abroad. Those are the ones meeting foreign women. Not the poor dudes who can't pay bills.

And that's because have no immigrants in the US. I always forget about that.

FYI: "foreign women" are not all as you say. Different women in different cultures are different ways. And yes, lol some of them act differently with men of their own background than they do with American men. Yes, I've watched it with my own eyes.

Its similar to someone handing you the keys to a Ferrari, or having to work really really hard to buy that Ford Taurus. Most people would accept the Ferrari.

You can expect "more" from men all you want. That doesn't mean you will get it.

It's like the American Steel industry. Unions negotiated successfully for more pay, less work, and less hours for decades. Now, the steel industry in America is Kaput. They priced themselves out of the market, similar to American women. It is easier and a better option to just have FWB's than a real relationship, and that is sad.

I think this might be why many of us are running into men who seem like the women in the relationships. If they're not... I guess the other option is for them to turn jaded or resentful. Women have more now, our society has more now, and so we naturally expect more now. I'm not sure what the numbers are, but last I heard it seemed that more women were attending or graduating from college than men. I could be wrong on that. But regardless, it seems to be a misplaced hostility that some are walking around with. It just reminds me of some of the complaints I've heard about affirmative action.

He pointed out that the American men who travel to Europe are the ones with money. So he made the very point I was making - that these women see these men as prizes because they have money. The very thing he accuses American women of but these women are somehow better than us. Huh??? I seriously doubt that European men would go after American women for their money, so the comparison is ridiculous and incredibly arrogant.

He also said, "there are no shortage of young beautiful women in many third world nations...." Emphasis being 'young' and 'beautiful'. So, it's not ok for women to expect a man to offer some form of security, but it's ok for men to judge women on the basis of their age and looks. Thank goodness he's not anything like the American women he puts down, huh? This man is a real treasure. Europe and the third world is holding their breath waiting for this kind of greatness.

Ok, I will clarify.

First you said ..

"I see. So the standard for yourself is now third-world countries because you can't measure up to the women surrounding you. Why am I not surprised?"

Insinuating that men who prefer foreign women do so out of necessity. Also, the most eligible men in America choose foreign women, so your argument is false.

Would you not do the same? You feel security should be provided? So if you could go to Europe, and there was an over abundance of rich good looking intelligent men fighting to marry you, you would decline?

Well, men value looks, intelligence, and personality. That is simply easier to find abroad.

He pointed out that the American men who travel to Europe are the ones with money. So he made the very point I was making - that these women see these men as prizes because they have money. The very thing he accuses American women of but these women are somehow better than us. Huh??? I seriously doubt that European men would go after American women for their money, so the comparison is ridiculous and incredibly arrogant.

He also said, "there are no shortage of young beautiful women in many third world nations...." Emphasis being 'young' and 'beautiful'. So, it's not ok for women to expect a man to offer some form of security, but it's ok for men to judge women on the basis of their age and looks. Thank goodness he's not anything like the American women he puts down, huh? This man is a real treasure. Europe and the third world is holding their breath waiting for this kind of greatness.

LOL, oh they are, and they do sometimes act differently because they assume these men have money. I had a friend who spent his fiancee's money trying to keep a 10 year old Mexican girl. LOL, yeah she was demanding... he was like a candy store to her. All women from other countries aren't like this, just as all American women aren't like this either. BUT... I knew of a few guys who would go after [older] American women because why? (They weren't always older.) Haha... it goes both ways.

I am not saying foreign women are angels, lol.

Here is the point.

American women sure do complain a lot about American men.

Now try being born in Russia. You can be stunningly beautiful, intelligent, kind, and be completely single. There are just (because of economic reasons) a VERY small percentage of men that can provide any type of "Security".The men that CAN provide security have SO many options that they are notorious womanizers. Add to that the fact that even poor men treat women less than equal.

If you are an "average" looking female that isn't that intelligent (like the vast majority of American women), the chances of you landing even a guy with a job is close to ZERO.

So , you should feel pretty lucky to land a man you are attracted to in the USA, that has good traits, and a job. If he ever went to Russia, trust me, he would be spoiled for life.

So them asking for a "provider" is much different than an american girl seeking a "provider" . The American girl wants more things, and the foreign girl wants the basic things.

Blue Strawberry

haha, I have spent time in Europe, too, and I will say that it is a blind belief. Women in Europe aren't dreaming of being swept up by wonderful American princes who spend time on Loveshack posting this crap, lol.

haha, I have spent time in Europe, too, and I will say that it is a blind belief. Women in Europe aren't dreaming of being swept up by wonderful American princes who spend time on Loveshack posting this crap, lol.

Well, now, you don't really think that us ugly, dumb, and complaining American women could possibly hang on to this jewel, do you? Of course, when he saves his beautiful young oppressed 3rd world girl and she starts complaining, too, then the next thing we'll hear is how horrible all women are all around the world. And then there will only be Mars left after that...