Countdown - How long till you see your SO?

ThePride&ThePassion

6 days!!!! Time has flown so fast! I'm so excited! :) ... Does anyone know what happened to Miad's Princess? She used to post daily about her countdown to see her boyfriend and I haven't read any new posts by her in awhile. I hope she's okay!

ThePride&ThePassion

Yep! I can't wait! I'm so psyched! Also, this time he's supposed to stay with me for good. He got a 3 month ticket, but the plan is that he will work and live here with me. I hope all will turn out okay. :) Are you going to see your guy or is he coming to see you? :bunny:

Oh wow, that's awesome! I hope it will work out for you two!

I'm going to see him this time. I'm always more nervous this way around.

ThePride&ThePassion

Yeah, Eilonwy, I know how you feel! It's always more nervous when you're the one making the trip! Especially if it's a long distance trip. As I am always nervous going through all that stress that is involved in international travel nowadays. I assume you're flying out of Switzerland to see him, yes? My guy is flying in from Italy so it's quite a trip for him but hopefully he'll arrive here without a problem. :) It's getting so close now!!! I'm just waiting for the day...I hope your flight will be a good one to see your man! If it involves flying! hehe! As I don't know where your man lives! Anyway, time for me to get to bed...another day is put away...4 days left until the day! :bunny:

Yup, I'm flying from Switzerland. He is in Canada, so it's a rather long flight! And sooo boring. I hate flying alone. :( Are you in the USA? If so, flying from Italy is probably around the same distance.

Hehe, sleeping is a good idea. Almost Sunday!

ThePride&ThePassion

Yeah, you're right. I'd say it's probably about the same distance. So, you and my guy will both be going through some fun times! :p I'm the same as you. I have always hated flying alone. I've done it a few times now that I've gotten used to it, but generally it's never something I look forward to doing. But, for love, we'll do just about anything won't we? :D

And I know, it's almost Sunday! :bunny: This is insane! hehe! It's more exciting when I talk about it with you. It's quite nice, actually, because it's like we're going through the same thing. :)

How long have you been in an LDR with your Canadian?

Walking away
Hey Guys, I'm new here, been browsing through threads and didn't see any on countdowns so thought to post one.

How long till you see youR SO?

Mine is 98 days *relying on tourist visa*

Two days!

:bunny::bunny::bunny:

19 days.... 12 hours.. and counting... sooo much time to go and so little to keep me occupied with. These are the times when I wish I was a shopaholic/workaholic/anything that keeps my mind off countdown

It's weird though... when we are together the time just flies by. Feels like my constant nagging on "why aint you moving proper" finally pays off.. and time goes fast forward when we are together.

Ages until we meet, just a blink of an eye when we are together. I can never be happy with the way time goes by, it seems

28 days to go to see him in July -- I will be bringing my kids then.... 63 days to go to see him in August for his B-day -- I won't have my kids with me then.

Time does seem to go slow when we are "waiting" to see each other... and FLIES when we are together. I always hope that there will be some type of delay when my plane leaves him so that I can stay a little longer, but that usually never happens. I always learn that a tornado touched down "after" I've already left :( lol

Today... it's been 41 days since I last saw his wonderful face :)

• Author
Miad's Princess
6 days!!!! Time has flown so fast! I'm so excited! :) ... Does anyone know what happened to Miad's Princess? She used to post daily about her countdown to see her boyfriend and I haven't read any new posts by her in awhile. I hope she's okay!

Heyy! :)

Aww so sweet, a couple weeks ago my pc broke down so Iv been without, my mum has given me her old laptop to use so I am back hehe, but iv put my countdown on hold i was supposed to go away 28th june but i wont have my visa on time.

saying that i should have it by then and will book my ticket asap

pride and passion have a wonderful holiday :)

Flying out to the US on lucky Friday 13th too. Going to spend a month together with my fantastic girl; our longest period together so far! The most we've had together in one go has been six days, everything else has been long weekends.

Hey all! I am new to this site and I am SO glad I found it! It is comforting to see there are other people out there going through the struggles of a LDR, and they are making it work. I met the love of my life 5 months ago, she is from Russia and came to the US on an internship type program. She is an attorney there and is the most incredible person I have ever met. She had to go back to Russia 4 weeks ago today, so this LDR situation is very new to me and very hard. She will probably have to fulfill a 2 year residency requirement back in Russia, meaning she can't come back to the US permanently until she spends 2 years in Russia cumulatively. She can leave there and visit me here or we can meet in Europe, but that time she is gone will count off against her 2 years. I am willing to wait forever for this woman, because I have never loved someone like this, never connected like this, never felt like I was SO meant to be with someone. I was married for 15 years and I never felt this strong of a connection, on all levels, even early in my relationship with my ex, when everything seems so perfect. It is so strong and feels so right that it is almost scary. What scares me the most is that we are so far apart geographically and I don't have any experience with this LDR thing, and I am afraid of us losing our connection and I will lose her. On the other hand, you often hear that if it's meant to be it will work out. That is true to a point, but she and I also believe we have to work hard to communicate, to stay connected, to share our feelings and experiences daily. So far we are doing that very well, but it is difficult since there is a 11 hour time difference for us. We don't have a definite date when we will see each other again, but the plan is for me to travel to Russia to meet her family in July or August, so I guess I should say 60 days to be safe. 3 months apart seems SO long, but then I get on here and see people waiting much longer and it gives me hope and strength.

I apologize if I rambled, but I have a lot of loneliness and sadness and "missing her" built up and it feels good to share it with others who can understand. Any advice from some of the "veterans" on here would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for listening.

12 days and counting...

But sadly for only 9 days. Going to be a short trip this time around. Have to make the most of everyday we have together.

NeverLetMeDownAgain

Updates! I want to hear updates! :laugh:

5 weeks to go... 35 days to go....840 hours....50,400 minutes...

Okay, okay, that's a little too obsessive, lmao. :lmao:

Well... update from me... it will be 22 more days!!! I can't wait I am sooo darn excited! I was supposed to see him and his family for 9 days, but now it'll only be for 5 days because I am going to visit family first.

Then, in august I will be seeing him again!! That'll be for another 58 days... and that'll only be for 7 days!

Walking away

He just left yesterday. The trip extended 6 extra days... :)

He has a phone interview regarding a job in my city tomorrow. He said his home state is no longer his home. His home is with me.

I am going to marry this man.

:)

ThePride&ThePassion

Awww, that is so sweet! He sounds like a real good guy! I'm really, truly happy for you! As we all know, it's not that easy to find the perfect guy! I hope you do end up marrying this guy! Good luck! :)

27 LOOONNG DAYS before i see my gf. it will be the first time in almost a year and a half that we've seen each other. i jus dont kno what my reaction will be as soon as she opens her door. IM FREAKIN PSYCHED!!!

canadian_guy

UPDATE: I am here and everything is going GREAT! :D...ok well except the weather!!! :mad::laugh: