Why does God let bad things happen to innocent people?

Agreed, it is her attitude which determines everything that follows. If she wanted things to change she would take the first step in doing so herself.

im just so frikkin pissed.. of course i wouldnt want my frikkin classmate to suffer ****.. i meant why did that retard pick me.. naww im outta hea

if god is real, how come i get bullied at school for being depressed and a whore??? and how come i got raped??? and touched by my granddad??? and beaten by my dad and big brother like hell everyday??

I DONT BELIEVE IN GOD, BECAUSE IF HE WAS REAL, WHY DO PEOPLE GET RAPED AND HURT EVERYDAY!!!!!!

i always ask myself.. why me, whyd you pick me and not my classmate that sits in front of me?

pfft life sux aye

He didn't choose for you to get beaten. It was never in his plan for you to receive harassment. People get raped and hurt everyday because of the sin that has entered this world.

Have you ever heard the phrase, "What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger"? These are experiences you could use to reach out to others who have been hurt! You've been given opportunities! The devil causes you pain. God uses that pain and allows it to manifest in you as something greater!

Why did God pick you, of all of the people in the world, YOU, to be the wall that the frustrated punch, the dog the frustrated kick? These events only make you stronger, more intelligent and wise! You have opportunities in life that can use these experiences as examples.

God didn't want this to happen to you, but because it did, even if you don't understand why it happened now, he will use it to one day show you the gift that's been hiding dormant in your heart for so long. Look for the gift, and he will show you where it is. Find it, and he will help you unwrap it.

Try not to dwell on why bad things happen to you. Sadness and pain do not comfort, only make the pain worse. I had a friend who wanted to listen to sad songs to dig a hole straight through her own heart, so that she would no longer feel sad. This doesn't work. I've tried it myself, doesn't work. So please, don't feel hopeless. You have better days ahead of you. And if you're wanting to ask, "What makes you so sure? Life has sucked until now, why would it change in the future?" You'll receive your answer soon enough.

• Author
im just so frikkin pissed..
And you should be. At the offender.
of course i wouldnt want my frikkin classmate to suffer ****..
Language, language, language.....you want respect....demonstrate it.
i meant why did that retard pick me..
Judging, judging, judging.....you want respect, earn it.
naww im outta hea
See ya. Hint, learn proper English, and hone your communication skills, or you'll get what your deserve.

Sorry for being so blunt....

With all due respect, does your "tough love" usually work? I know there are different approaches to helping others, but was this last post really neccessary? You're scaring away a little girl who has cried out for help and she got chased right out of here.

• Author
With all due respect, does your "tough love" usually work? I know there are different approaches to helping others, but was this last post really neccessary? You're scaring away a little girl who has cried out for help and she got chased right out of here.
I would welcome her with open arms, and heart if she sounded sincere.
im just so frikkin pissed.. of course i wouldnt want my frikkin classmate to suffer ****.. i meant why did that retard pick me.. naww im outta hea

Everyone suffers in one form or another here on earth because we are living in a fallen world:). you cannot see it and others won't tell you in your face, but it is true, everyone suffers sometimes. the difference is how they get out, can they get out and be healed, how they use this to help others. People who never suffer pain cannot empathy and compassionate about others. I like read Lady Serita Ann Jakes written: life that having faith in God is better than a fairy tale. Her life and many others proved that :)

do you know Joyce Meyer? she was abused by her own father, and she is leading a successful and happy life, and help others to do so, many people love her

maybe you were suffering, but God pick you out and the blessing and protection he gives you will far more than the suffering

And if you don't think she sounds sincere because she's angry and it's reflected in the words she uses, you use scorn and condemnation instead. Just like you did to that other person concerned about being shunned at church because he missed a couple of services.

Why don't you try showing some of that Christian love now and again? You might be surprised by the difference it makes when you treat people kindly and make some attempt to meet them half way.

Cheers,

D.

• Author
And if you don't think she sounds sincere because she's angry and it's reflected in the words she uses, you use scorn and condemnation instead. Just like you did to that other person concerned about being shunned at church because he missed a couple of services.

Why don't you try showing some of that Christian love now and again? You might be surprised by the difference it makes when you treat people kindly and make some attempt to meet them half way.

Cheers,

D.

No offense, but you're the last person I would take edification from.

This, "little girl" is using language and slang that's conducive to the life style she chose. She will reap what she sows.

Polite, geniune concern would attract me and many others to help her out.

Everyone suffers in one form or another here on earth because we are living in a fallen world:).

I'm glad you were honest enough to post a smilie there. One of the most hypocritical things about religion is the extent to which preachers wail and rail against the notion of sin, when they rely so greatly on sin and sinners so much for their sense of purpose and identity. What does an idealist become in an ideal world? What's a healer with nothing to heal? What's a rescuer if there are no persecutory people or circumstances to create victims? How can a mullah indulge his sadistic side without Sharia Law to invent sins and validate the violent punishment of those sins?

God and the Devil are handy names for forces of nature that sometimes work in ways we like, and sometimes in ways we hate and fear. Like the beloved but absent mother and the wicked stepmother of a fairytale, they're really the same creature perceived in different ways. You could equally refer to them/it as nature, life, the way the world works and so on.

Are you admitting that you're depressed AND, (pardon me, but YOU said it first), a whore?

Why would you want your classmate to suffer what you've suffered?

This says alot about your heart attitude.......why would God prevent these things with the attitude you have already?

Are these the kinds of things you say when you counsel people? On my good days, I believe in God, but you're not being a very good spokesperson right now, IMO.

She does sound sincere. She sounds like she's sincerely experiencing a lot of pain and rage.

And even Christ asked God why He had forsaken him. Even Christ thought this was a valid and sincere question. As did Job. So are you saying, Moose, that it is OK for Christ to ask this question and to feel doubt, but not this little girl?

Earlier on, Christ healed a leper or two, right? But what about the other lepers that he passed by who didn't get healed? Don't you think some of them cried and begged? Why couldn't he heal them all? We don't know.

If He is real, He picks and chooses. Some He rescues from pain and some He leaves to suffer. That is the question people are asking when they ask, why me? And the answer comes down to, we're not meant to know that. We just need to have faith that there is a reason, and do the best that we can. Just take what we're given and fight it when we can.

We'll never understand why we suffer. We can only conjecture in our own lives and some of us may be comforted by the notion that there is a reason out there, no matter how abstract.

I can easily see why some people would reject that as no solution at all.

Brendi_thesnake

Obviously how on earth does praying help (well to all you faith believers) if you put no actions yourself. That little girl should have report him.

So for ex you get fired from your work. What are you gonna do, pray and just laid on your bed doing nothing or go find another job on ads, online and start moving?

Maybe if we insult her and shame her enough, that will give her the support and strength to report him? :rolleyes:

I hope she's getting real help on another thread.

No offense, but you're the last person I would take edification from.

This, "little girl" is using language and slang that's conducive to the life style she chose. She will reap what she sows.

Polite, geniune concern would attract me and many others to help her out.

This kid is 13 years old--and has been raped, and is in an abusive home.

Knowing your history, I am very surprised Moose, and disappointed in your tough love approach with this kid.

Who choses anything when you are 13?

• Author

I've read most of her posts and she is seeking help through other avenues. In this particular thread though, her attitude is, "Whatever".

It's not tough love, and I wish people would stop associating, "tough love" with the, "TRUTH".

She's chosen this life, she can get out if she wants. 13 years old or not, she does have a choice.

But it's, "whatever"......

I've read most of her posts and she is seeking help through other avenues. In this particular thread though, her attitude is, "Whatever".

It's not tough love, and I wish people would stop associating, "tough love" with the, "TRUTH".

She's chosen this life, she can get out if she wants. 13 years old or not, she does have a choice.

But it's, "whatever"......

"Whatever" are you kidding me??? It's your "Truth"....not mine.

I am very interested Moose in what you think her choice is?

"Whatever" are you kidding me??? It's your "Truth"....not mine.

I am very interested Moose in what you think her choice is?

Me too. B0iiana sounds very young and scared, and i don't know ANY 13 year olds who are articulate and polite at the best of times, least of all when they are going through what she is going through.

She has no choice- she is 13, she can't go anywhere else, if she left home her whole world would be turned upside down, everyone would find out (New Zealand just isn't the kind of place where you can be anonymous unfortunately) and this must scare the sh** out of her.

• Author
well.. i chose to abuse alcohol and smoke.. i chose to have sex with other guys after the rape... and stuff
I have to go see a counsellor or go to boarding school. I chose counsellor but I said I aint gonna talk to her at all.

Any questions???!!

• Author
She has no choice BULL!!- she is 13, SO WHAT?? she can't go anywhere else, The police would be a great start... if she left home her whole world would be turned upside down, duh! It already is! everyone would find out (New Zealand just isn't the kind of place where you can be anonymous unfortunately) EVERYONE KNOWS NOW??? WHAT IS UP WITH YOU PEOPLE?? and this must scare the sh** out of her. I'm sure it does, that's why she needs to do something about it.

But she won't. Her own words.....not mine!

And you think the stuff you're saying will convince her? What is your goal with this kind of talk? To make her see the error of her ways?

Honestly, how successful do you think you'll be with this approach?

Or do you just want to be right?

BTW, since you didn't answer my questions about Christ I'm assuming you don't have an answer.Which is fine, I don't either.

But I thought you said on another thread this was simple, and everyone had already figured it out? I don't think so.

• Author
And you think the stuff you're saying will convince her?
Nope. I don't. Nothing any of us say will convince her.
What is your goal with this kind of talk?
It's not, "talk". Read all of her posts and you'll see that she's dodging and ducking and not doing anything about her situation. You could give her the best advice in the world and she won't take it. I could fly out there and offer her a new, safe home and she wouldn't go. Just ask her!
To make her see the error of her ways?
She's not the one in error. Her situation is a result of her parents. But only SHE can do something about it.
Honestly, how successful do you think you'll be with this approach?
I'm not trying to be successful with her. I see her situation as a terrible one, but I'm not wasting my breath on someone who's not listening, or doesn't care to do something about it themselves. She's proven this over and over and over again.....
Nope. I don't. Nothing any of us say will convince her.It's not, "talk". Read all of her posts and you'll see that she's dodging and ducking and not doing anything about her situation. You could give her the best advice in the world and she won't take it. I could fly out there and offer her a new, safe home and she wouldn't go. Just ask her!She's not the one in error. Her situation is a result of her parents. But only SHE can do something about it.I'm not trying to be successful with her. I see her situation as a terrible one, but I'm not wasting my breath on someone who's not listening, or doesn't care to do something about it themselves. She's proven this over and over and over again.....

She's a child.

But she won't. Her own words.....not mine!

She has no choice BULL!!- she is 13, SO WHAT?? she can't go anywhere else, The police would be a great start... if she left home her whole world would be turned upside down, duh! It already is! everyone would find out (New Zealand just isn't the kind of place where you can be anonymous unfortunately) EVERYONE KNOWS NOW??? WHAT IS UP WITH YOU PEOPLE?? and this must scare the sh** out of her. I'm sure it does, that's why she needs to do something about it.

****Backs away holding hands out with palms facing outwards****

Whoa!

No need to be so hostile. That reaction was totally uncalled for.

I WOULD take it personally, but you told me not to, remember? Funny, seeing as you aren't being quite as rude to anyone else who dares to question you on this thread.

• Author
So are you saying, Moose, that it is OK for Christ to ask this question and to feel doubt, but not this little girl?
Christ was shut out from God at that point and time in His life, so that we may never be shut out by God..... ever. If God was truly in her life, she would never be abandoned just because Christ was for that one moment in time.
But I thought you said on another thread this was simple, and everyone had already figured it out? I don't think so.
I'm not sure which thread you're talking about. But I'd certainly like to look at it if you can find it and see in what context I posted in.
She's a child.

Exactly. And we, as rational adults who "know better", obviously can't relate to that at all.

She is 13- when i was 13 I was a complete immature idiot. Some may take that as an opportunity to say that nothing has changed, but....

We are precisely the kind of people who she is battling against IRL, and taking the attitudes that those people are taking is simply going to illicit the same responses she gives those people IRL.