How do you honestly feel about over weight people

Surely growth would account for a good proportion of that?

nope...ronald mcdonald and his delicious hi-fat menu would account for it

nope...ronald mcdonald and his delicious hi-fat menu would account for it

Quarter Pounder with Cheeses rule.

I don't like the tolerance of obesity in children. If we accept obesity in children we may as well allow them to buy cigarettes and beer, because it's just as destructive. Kids need to get out and exercise more and lay off the fast food.

amaysngrace

It's a mix of things actually guys. I'm a high metabolized garbage gut and my son feels partially responsible for the break up which is common for children of divorce plus the kid misses his dad. He's a nine year old boy.

But it's nothing a good therapist can't fix. You know what they say about the apple falling off the tree, right? :o

• Author
Blue Phoenix

--"Just out of curiousity, how do you think your weight got to "well over 250" ?"-- I think some people are just the way they are and thats how there supose to be in life some are thin some are obese nothing wrong with eather..--"We all live in a world full of prejudices and we can't fight them"-- See thats were your verry wrong we can and we should only ingorant people give into such a mind set --"

Why don't you want to lose weight? Because you can't give up the fatty food? If you can't, then you're emotionally addicted to it. Being an addict is not bad per se, but when you deal with the consequences of your addiction you see how bad the addiction is. An image of a fat body is unattractive and it's certainly not healthy"-- Im sorry rp but this and most of everything else in that post was just ridickulas you dont even know me and yet you are makeing blanket statments simply based on the sterrio types of obese people in genral thats sad and its your presonal predjiduce to deal with..
  • Author
Blue Phoenix

Glad its amuseing to you realy I am.. This hole thread is riddled with ingorance why not some more..

amaysngrace
you are makeing blanket statments simply based on the sterrio types of obese people

I don't mean to offend you but didn't you pose it as a blanket question? :confused:

• Author
Blue Phoenix

if food was more important than anythign else in my life, why would i bother to take care of pets, why would i bother to try to have hobbies, why would i bother with trying to have a life full of stuff that i care about or people that i love/care about? if you could give me a reason why i do all that above food that still makes me love food more, then i'll agree. but not before you do so.sex has never been a problem for me, i've had several boyfriends, and even a fieance before, i still have fun, go to the movies, hang out with people ,get around well, and enjoy my life with other people. so how does that exactly prove that i love food more than any of the things you mentioned? cause i still have a life, i don't sit at home as a shut-in, i don't sit back and never date, i have a life. so tell me how my life is supposed to be again? cause you must have all the answers, even if you are not right about me.

• Author
Blue Phoenix

--"I don't mean to offend you but didn't you pose it as a blanket question?"-- I asked at the beguning of this thread what people thought of obese people yes. And what I've gotten in return is a wash of ingorance and personal attacks/judgements about myself witch are not baseed in fact at all but by the mass sterio types people have about obese people..

amaysngrace
I asked at the beguning of this thread what people thought of obese people yes.

Sometimes we don't like the answers we are searching for.

Next time maybe instead of saying 'honestly' say you want people to say what you'd like to hear.

Write a bunch of rhetoric and ask only those who agree with your thinking to respond and anyone with an opinion different from your own to please refrain from posting.

what this thread has taught me is that people are ignorant... how dare they... how dare they all... I have a dream that one day fat people and skinny people will be able to get along with out one putting the other down...

I have a dream that one day fat people and skinny people will be able to get along with out one putting the other down...

Dude, you should be black. You rule.

• Author
Blue Phoenix

--"Next time maybe instead of saying 'honestly' say you want people to say what you'd like to hear."-- So your saying I should except personal attacks and neg ridicule because its how people honestly feel?? That mindless ingorance and intolerance about a hole group of people should just be excepted because its how most of sociaity honestly feels about them??

• Author
Blue Phoenix

--"what this thread has taught me is that people are ignorant... how dare they... how dare they all... I have a dream that one day fat people and skinny people will be able to get along with out one putting the other down..."-- Wow finaly something intelegent comes our weither or not its sarcasim or not..

amaysngrace
what this thread has taught me is that people are ignorant.

You needed this thread to be taught that? :confused:

Phoenix,

I think people are saying that they don't mean any ill will toward fat people, but they also think that it's a condition that can be corrected. So even though we may be nice to people who are overweight, we don't necessarily 'feel sorry' for them if people perceive them in a certain way.

You needed this thread to be taught that? :confused:

I learn all my best stuff from threads.

What is this immediate link some of you are making between body size and happiness?

I don't think there is a difference in capacity for happiness between the obese people I know or the skinny or average size people I know.

And my dad is not morbidly obese but obese, has been so all his life, goes to the gym 2 hours (and really works out a sweat) every day of the week but Sundays, eats as well as the next guy and is still overweight. And is also very healthy by all medical standards (and does not have any thyroid problems). Therefore I know BP is right: you can be overweight, happy and active. I am not saying it is the case for every overweight person out there but I do believe it is more frequent then some of you think.

But I think we are being sold the 'skinny is happy' myth. And that is why a lot of gorgeous, healthy women I know lapse into irrational thinking that being 10 pounds skinnier would improve their quality of life.

On another note: The gay argument? Come on! I know you mean no harm but if you live in the states you must also realize homosexuality does get more then it's fair share of stereotyping.

What is this immediate link some of you are making between body size and happiness?

yes i would agree KAMILLE that there are many people who are in good shape but are quite unhappy due to some other factors in their lives.

• Author
Blue Phoenix

--"On another note: The gay argument? Come on! I know you mean no harm but if you live in the states you must also realize homosexuality does get more then it's fair share of stereotyping"-- Yes I do understad that and I was in no way trying to put down gay people im not that narrow minded I was pointing out the simalaritys of the health risks thats all.. Thanks for the post tho its nice to hear from some one who dosent buy into the only thin can be happy mind set..

amaysngrace
I think people are saying that they don't mean any ill will toward fat people, but they also think that it's a condition that can be corrected.

This is what I'm saying, sort of. I said I feel bad for fat people because I see the sorrow of my own son that resulted in him becoming overweight.

I see he has a void to fill and he uses food to do just that. Maybe that's not your case Phoenix or any other fat person's case either for that matter but I can say that my fat child is unhappy. And the unhappy came before the fat did.

So as his mother I am doing whatever I can to see that he gets healthy esteem. It's my duty as his mom to do that for him because he is a child. Same as it is your responsibility and any other adult person who eats to fill emotional voids to get the help they need to have a healthy self esteem if it applies to them.

If he loses the weight ~ great. But mostly I'm concerned with him being okay with who he is. And if he's happily fat then so be it.

All parents want to see their children be happy.

Skinny won't make my son happy. If it were that easy I'd restrict his caloric intake and feed him broth and water. But the truth is my kid has some things he needs to talk about, some things that made him turn to food for comfort.

Often ignorance is choosing not to see what's obvious to others. There is outward ignorance but there is inward ignorance too. It's called denial.