My next chapter is about to begin

May the Force be with you, Jedi Penguin.

and may Darth Tater be sliced as fries. :lmao: :lmao:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Ok, so for those who are interested in a quick update... well it's been a really busy two weeks and i'm exhausted. I had to move before the signing which slightly upset and stressed me out. Asshat didnt help AT all with the moving or getting rid of stuff, so I had to clean up and find new homes for a lot of furniture neither of us wanted. And then he even expected me to help HIM move the heavy furniture he did want into his car. I politely refused. :)

My family did help me move the previous wednesday, which took about 2 days. I stayed in my new apartment for a few days, then had to drive back to Mtl for the signing. Unfortunately, I had to see asshat one last time. We didnt speak much. However, his parting words were "Ok, bye bye... drive safe".

As for my new place? So far, I TOTALLY love my new place. This is my very first place that I can call my very own. No input from outsiders. I get to make ALL the decisions. It's awesome! I feel like a little kid :) Tho, I'm not great with decorating decisions, I still love having the ability to choose and NOT have someone say that's lame. So far, there's still a lot of boxes just lying about, but I have brought out my canadian and quebec flag and am hanging them proudly in my apartment lol :)

I spent last weekend with one of my friends furniture shopping. And I'm going to a bbq this weekend at my other friends place.

I'm home. I'm happy.

Congratulations, DG! I really hate moving, so I'm glad for you that that ordeal is over, and you can take a deep breath and relax. It's great that you are pumped up about the new place, too.

When you were finishing the sale, did you have any twinges of sadness or emotion, or was it mostly relief? (Given that you are now consistently referring to him as "asshat", I think I know what my guess will be. ;) )

• Author

Thanks Trimmer :)

Even tho he IS an asshat, I was still an emotional wreck up to the final day. But once everything started happening, I really had no chance to reflect on what was happening in the moment. I'm still sad and still emotional, but I'm trying hard to remain focused on my new life. This is not what I wanted my life to turn out like, but nor was my marriage really. So it's a new start with new opportunities. Just trying to remain positive :) Visiting the house for one last time when it was completely empty was really hard. It was so cold and foreign to me. But it was good too because it helped me realize i really do like my apartment.

Congratulations on your new life! It sounds like you've gotten some closure on it all and can now just heal and get to know the fabulous self you are.

May you now make the home you always wanted to have--just for you, just the way you want it, regardless of what anyone else says you should/shouldn't do!

Blessings!

As for my new place? So far, I TOTALLY love my new place. This is my very first place that I can call my very own. No input from outsiders. I get to make ALL the decisions. It's awesome! I feel like a little kid :) Tho, I'm not great with decorating decisions, I still love having the ability to choose and NOT have someone say that's lame.

Very cool. :cool:

I have to wonder sometimes if it wouldn't be worth a divorce just to get rid of some of my husband's JUNK!!! :lmao:

I'm kidding of course.... but still....

Very cool. :cool:

I have to wonder sometimes if it wouldn't be worth a divorce just to get rid of some of my husband's JUNK!!! :lmao:

I'm kidding of course.... but still....

I am so there with you on this, LJ!

I was shopping yesterday and came across these adorable little floral cafe curtains, and I was thinking about you, dgiirl, and fantasizing about doing my own place the way I'd want it without having to think about anyone else. Right after I call the undertaker when my DH dies, I'm calling a decorator.:D

Just kidding, too, of course . . . but still . . .

I know it's not a picnic for you, but you're allowed to enjoy the good stuff.

Right after I call the undertaker when my DH dies, I'm calling a decorator.:D

Just kidding, too, of course . . . but still . . .

:lmao::laugh::lmao::laugh::lmao: Too funny!

I did happen to notice that when one of my elderly neighbors passed on a couple of years ago, it wasn't too long afterward that I spotted a delivery truck in her driveway with new furniture. ;)

Maybe she was following the rule that for everything new you get you have to get rid of something you no longer need. :p:D:sick::laugh:

Maybe she was following the rule that for everything new you get you have to get rid of something you no longer need. :p:D:sick::laugh:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: I'm going to have to file that one away for later use!!! OMG!... I snorted my cold drink out my nose! :laugh:

• Author

HAHAHAH you guys are way too funny. No matter how bad things get, there's always _something_ positive to come out of it :) And for me, I now have a girly bathroom! I've never been too much of a girly girl in the past, but now I have pink and white candles and a pink/white flower framed artwork in the bathroom! And i dont necessarily have to hide my girly products anymore either! :) woohoo

That's the spirit. I know it's not what you would have chosen, but I hope you can learn how utterly fabulous you are and enjoy your own company to the point where you won't admit anything that's not good for you to come into your life anymore.

• Author

Thanks Becoming! It's funny, because I keep hearing that piece of advice over and over again. My girlfriends who have gone through this are all overly happy for me because they strongly believe that I'll never allow anything not good for me into my life again. I dont know if that'll be true, but I certainly hope so. Atleast I do know I'd rather live alone for the rest of my life, than to live with someone who ignores you and you are still alone.

. . . Yes, absolutely! At least with this loneliness you can decorate as you wish without having to consider anyone else, eat potato chips for dinner if you want once in awhile, or whatever.

That's so great to hear about your new place. There is something very liberating about it. It used to drive me crazy to see the way my H let our house go, not cleaning, weeds up to your chin. But then later, I'd stop by and he'd make a comment about not having time to clean or that he'd been trying to keep up and I'd come right out and tell him that I didn't really care. And you know what? I don't--that's not my house anymore. MY house is my house, with my decorating and organizing and now, if its not clean, there's only me to blame....well, and the kids when they are there.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Author

Since I tend to post too much when I'm having a pity party (gunny :p), I thought I'd brag a little. I L-O-V-E my new place!!! I absolutely love it :) The last few weeks have been so busy and I have been able to hang out with SOOOOOOOOOOO many of my friends and it feels like I never left!! 9 years, and they still welcome me home :) I get to shop whenever i want! I dont have to worry about any language barrier, and my friends really like to do the same type of things I want to do. No negative attitudes anywhere saying such and such is lame!! They're soooo encouraging. I absolutely love it here! I suggested to all my girl friends that once a month we get together and do something and ALL of them are interested :) Salsa, tai chi, self-defense, belly dancing! lol :) Anything and everything. I feel like a little kid again :)

That's the spirit. I know it's not what you would have chosen, but I hope you can learn how utterly fabulous you are and enjoy your own company to the point where you won't admit anything that's not good for you to come into your life anymore.

I've worked long and hard to get my piece of mind, happines, and joy back in my life ~ to let anyone or anything come in take it from me again ~ and they can't if I don't let them. Negative types need not apply! And, if that means I'm going to be single and alone for the rest of my life ~ so be it. Better that than the life I've lived, stumblling into the package store and telling the store clerk ~ "Just give me two fifth's of anything! I don't really care!"

Life's too short!

HAHAHAH you guys are way too funny. No matter how bad things get, there's always _something_ positive to come out of it :) And for me, I now have a girly bathroom! I've never been too much of a girly girl in the past, but now I have pink and white candles and a pink/white flower framed artwork in the bathroom! And i dont necessarily have to hide my girly products anymore either! :) woohoo

Woodland camouflage myself, with a parachute hanging from the ceiling, a chair and ottoman made out sandbags, a coffee table and end tables made out of Budweiser Beer Cans, an entertainment center made out wooden shipping crates, with the stereo playing "The Doors", the fridge with just enough room for one more can of beer, the freezer with a 30 day supply of `1 lb packages of hamburger, and the cupboard full of 30 packages of Hamburger Helper, one box of Tuna Helper, and a can of tuna (Hey! A guys got to have a little variety in his life! Variety is the Spice of Life)

Makes me feel like I’m back Home in the Corps. Now if I could just find a CD that plays the sounds of combat ~ it would be just perfect! LOL!

Get the show "Queer Eye For The Straight Guy" to make a exception and give you and your place a makeover~:p

• Author

lol lor, i dont know about belly dancing, but yah, that's what my girl friends keep telling me :) I'm soooo looking forward to one of them, if not all.