Ugly People

Nomad

1.Looks--only b/c thats the first thing I notice

2.Confidence

3.Funny/Witty/Able to hold a conversation

**2 and 3 are the "deal breakers" for me. This is what determines if I'll like the guy. Looks are only for the initial attraction. If a guy is good looking he still has to have a personality; If he's average or not so good looking, I could still fall for him if his personality shines:D.

hmm, if the 2 and 3 are the deal breakers, shouldn't they be ranked first? But, anyhow, I dig wha'cha sayin'.

I had to comment on this one. So your telling me that if a guy was funny and caring but was a pizza delivery man or worked at McDonalds on lettuce but working his way up to fries, this wouldn't detur your pursuit of him? In my experience an ambitious women with a good job and goals will pursue a man of the same level. I don't think it so much about money as it is about going in the same direction. Now if the same lettuce man or pizza boy was in school to become something more and just needed a job that says more about his ambitions. But a sence of humor and caring I don't think is going to get him any where with a women of your calibur!

If she's not overly materialistic and high-maintenance then it shouldn't matter. When it comes to money, most DECENT women want a man who can take care of himself - doesn't matter if he can do it on a $10K/yr salary or a $1M/yr salary.

If she's not overly materialistic and high-maintenance then it shouldn't matter. When it comes to money, most DECENT women want a man who can take care of himself - doesn't matter if he can do it on a $10K/yr salary or a $1M/yr salary.

$10K/yr? ahem, I think there are minimum standards. Although an average income would suffice for most women, I highly doubt many women would vote to starve in the name of love.

Ya but a man that can take care of himself on a $10k/yr salary is doing so on Ramen noodles and buying dented mystery cans with no labels at the grocery store at a discount to get by. His less than desirable located apartment will likely be furnished with not much more than a lower end university dorm room and his wardrobe will be off the clearance racks from Wal-Mart. Granted he can take care of himself but is this really what a women wants or will settle for because he is funny and caring? I think this dating scenerio would last all of about a week until you had a roach run across your foot from his roach motel apartment while being treated to a nice dinner of grilled spam with mac and cheese.

$10K/yr? ahem, I think there are minimum standards. Although an average income would suffice for most women, I highly doubt many women would vote to starve in the name of love.

Those figures weren't exactly intended to be taken literally but okay... :rolleyes:

So... just curious... what would those 'minimum standards' be?

I dunno. Average income.... Enough to get by without worrying about what you gonna eat tomorrow, I guess.

I think all this talking about self-esteem is right and true, but why does nobody suggest him to get some nice dresses and to work out? Some people here talk as if they were blind...

Those figures weren't exactly intended to be taken literally but okay... :rolleyes:

I think this goes back to what standards she is currenlty living by because it is doubtful she will go backwarks. That is like taking the same job else where for a pay cut. And if she herself is living on that $10K/yr salary she is more motivated than most to find the guy with some money to get her out of the hell hole.

I had to comment on this one. So your telling me that if a guy was funny and caring but was a pizza delivery man or worked at McDonalds on lettuce but working his way up to fries, this wouldn't detur your pursuit of him? In my experience an ambitious women with a good job and goals will pursue a man of the same level. I don't think it so much about money as it is about going in the same direction. Now if the same lettuce man or pizza boy was in school to become something more and just needed a job, that says more about his ambitions. But a sence of humor and caring I don't think is going to get him any where with a women of your calibur!

Hmm, ok you're right Tudor. Intelligence is something that should be ranked if we're really going to get into it. My ex worked at a grocery store to make some cash to help put himself through grad school. He was working towards a career in a low paying but intelligent field that he was very passionate about. That was fine with me. Would I necessarily date a supermarket clerk whose main ambition in life was to stock cans of soup? Probably not.

I think all this talking about self-esteem is right and true, but why does nobody suggest him to get some nice dresses and to work out? Some people here talk as if they were blind...

Nice dresses?

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

How do ugly people get together? I'm short & unattractive. What hope do I have of EVER finding even a half-way attractive girlfriend/wife/whatever? I see ugly couples together sometimes...do they REALLY find each other attractive? How can I date a girl I don't find attractive, simply because she was the best I could get with my looks?

Sorry to get off track on you. I have a good friend who is short, over weight, a balding red head....not much of a looker to say it nicely. But the women seem to love him because he is funny as hell, charming and has decent job. What he lacks in looks he makes up for in other areas and has confidence in what he has to offer. He still goes for the 8 or 9's despite his looks and gets them on occassion. You don't have to lower you standards and shouldn't on account you think that is all you can land. It may take you 100 no's but it only takes one yes to be happy. That yes doesn't have to come from a 2 on the 1 of 10 scale. Just keep going after what you want and have confidence in what you bring to the table.

Just keep going after what you want and have confidence in what you bring to the table.

Or bring out your dogs dressed up in cute costumes. That's sure to get you chicks :laugh:

Or bring out your dogs dressed up in cute costumes. That's sure to get you chicks :laugh:

Yes but there is fine line in doing things to impress the ladies and getting the sh*t kicked of you by your boys as they take away your man card!

RecordProducer
I feel that outcast, looney and scratch could be of help in answering your questions.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I feel that outcast, looney and scratch could be of help in answering your questions.

Yes. Unlike you and a few others they have actual brains. Which can be of service to solve a problem.

the above is a common answer from almost all women LEXIB....but it is funny how that changes when you meet a man who drives a $80,000 Jaguar and annoucnes that he is an M.D. who speicalizes in pediatrics and cares for little kids. Oh, and he makes around $250,000 per year.

Ahh see, but I can tell you from personal experience this is true (what I said). There's currently a man in my life who is a VERY successful fashion photographer , ok-looking, lives in a great apt. on Park Ave, Nice car, yada, yada.

He's been interested in me for a while but I'm not in to him AT ALL...there's something about his personality that just isnt clicking for me and he about 15 yrs older than me (I'm 21)...

I could easily take advantage of the situation--and I'm in major debt w/ college so the thought has crossed my mind:o --but that's not me. I couldn't sell myself out like that.

Anyway, I have a great paying internship as it stands and I'm about to enter law school so I'll have my own mula soon enough!:laugh::cool:

hmm, if the 2 and 3 are the deal breakers, shouldn't they be ranked first? But, anyhow, I dig wha'cha sayin'.

Yeah I guess you cld switch em around. I was mainly going in order of the whole attraction process for me.

But ranking them soley in terms of importance, without question confidence and Personality are at the top

ReluctantRomeo
Mentally stable women? I didn't know those really existed. :D

They're avoiding you...

ReluctantRomeo

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Yes, because they have to resort to pretending to be wealthy in order to attract the opposite sex :p:rolleyes:

(I'm 21)...

Well LEXIB, you point of view may be a little different when you are 35 or 40 yrs old. Money generally becomes much much more important when you get older.... it will make the difference in whether your kids go to a good private school vs. an average public school. And it also will make a difference in a thousand other things... I mean, who would not want the best for their kids? :)

ReluctantRomeo
Yeah, I know. So much for 'opposites attract', huh? :p

:lmao:

Probably why they're all over me...