Ugly People

Nomad

Ever heard of guys cheating on their wives or just leaving them because the wives put on weight?

That is a stated reason, an excuse. Something different from being the ONLY reason, let alone being the true reason. "I kissed another girl. But I was drunk", is even of a more advanced level.

Craig, it's a losing battle. People will believe what they wish, despite fact. Nomad, you're right. You're ugly and so you should just crawl in a hole and eat worms because nobody will ever love you.

Happy now?

And Smoochie I don't believe word one about you working on any research project. That was a great heaving load of bullcrap.

:rolleyes:

Well if you posted a line up of 20 men, lets say , and all I had were their faces and no information about their occupation or income but did have information about their height only, I would choose the taller of the men in the profile based on height only. If all I had were their faces I would choose preference over a strong jaw line , stocky features and good build. The combination of the two would finalize the selection process.

If I had the information of income , lets say subject 2 was perfect visually and worked in maintenance at $33,000 a year versus subject 6 who was thinner and shorter but made $150,000 a year , my eyes will be drawn to the man who * looks * like my ideal future lover. That would be subject 2, the lesser income subject.

So I can perform my own personal research to PROVE once again that the income is NOT what or how I choose my subjects . Wow Alpha what do you think about my research :) ? lol

• Author
Craig, it's a losing battle. People will believe what they wish, despite fact. Nomad, you're right. You're ugly and so you should just crawl in a hole and eat worms because nobody will ever love you.

Happy now?

And Smoochie I don't believe word one about you working on any research project. That was a great heaving load of bullcrap.

If I wanted to just "crawl in a hole" I wouldn't be on this site, trying to improve my understanding of things, now would I?? I'm simply asking a logical question, which many other people have sidetracked into discussions about money and stuff. I'm asking, when you see 2 ugly people together, do they genuinely find each other attractive, or are they just together out of necessity?

If I wanted to just "crawl in a hole" I wouldn't be on this site, trying to improve my understanding of things, now would I?? I'm simply asking a logical question, which many other people have sidetracked into discussions about money and stuff. I'm asking, when you see 2 ugly people together, do they genuinely find each other attractive, or are they just together out of necessity?

Initially it wud be out of necessity but as they continue to be together their personality and character wud take over. And if its good they wud find each other even more attractive than before. Attraction based on physical appearence is ONLY at the very beginning... when u don't know much about the other person.. Just my thoughts...

Okay, so I realize that I've come into this thread very late, but I had to comment. It's the total package. Do looks matter? Yes. Does money matter? Yes. Does inteligance matter? Yes. Does confidence matter? Yes. It ALL matters. But nobody has it all, and you've got to make up for stuff in other areas.

My preferences:

Intelligence: This is definitely most important. If I can't have a good conversation then I'm not bothering giving you the time of day no matter how much you make or what you look like. Plus, I'm kinda a geek and I wouldn't feel comfortable around someone who couldn't handle it.

Personality/Chemistry: Come one, you've got to click. I've got a good story about this one. I was dating a extremely attractive guy who was pre-med and his parents had tons of money, so for a college student he had "lots of cash". We just didn't click. On paper, he was a great match. But personality matters and I called it off.

Looks: Definitely. Who can deny this. I prefer to be attracted to my mate. BUT...I think that guys who are really 10's far to often "know it" and are really jerks. Not ALL of them. Plus once I get to know a guy my perception of how attractive he is changes.

Money: I have little to no desire to live from paycheck to paycheck. I want security, and there is nothing wrong with that. Of course, I'm finishing my degree soon, and shouldn't have a problem with that even in my fiance looses his job. Here's a fun story about that as well. A few months ago a professor offered to introduce me to Serge Brin, who is about my age, unmarried, and the founder of Google. Multi-Billionaire here. Since I'm engaged I laughed it off and moved on in the conversation. Funny enough when I told my fiance about it he said (exact words), "I'd be willing to except a severance package..." I prefer to assume he was joking, although probably not.

Okay, so I realize that I've come into this thread very late, but I had to comment. It's the total package. Do looks matter? Yes. Does money matter? Yes. Does inteligance matter? Yes. Does confidence matter? Yes. It ALL matters. But nobody has it all, and you've got to make up for stuff in other areas.

My preferences:

Intelligence: This is definitely most important. If I can't have a good conversation then I'm not bothering giving you the time of day no matter how much you make or what you look like. Plus, I'm kinda a geek and I wouldn't feel comfortable around someone who couldn't handle it.

Personality/Chemistry: Come one, you've got to click. I've got a good story about this one. I was dating a extremely attractive guy who was pre-med and his parents had tons of money, so for a college student he had "lots of cash". We just didn't click. On paper, he was a great match. But personality matters and I called it off.

Looks: Definitely. Who can deny this. I prefer to be attracted to my mate. BUT...I think that guys who are really 10's far to often "know it" and are really jerks. Not ALL of them. Plus once I get to know a guy my perception of how attractive he is changes.

Money: I have little to no desire to live from paycheck to paycheck. I want security, and there is nothing wrong with that. Of course, I'm finishing my degree soon, and shouldn't have a problem with that even in my fiance looses his job. Here's a fun story about that as well. A few months ago a professor offered to introduce me to Serge Brin, who is about my age, unmarried, and the founder of Google. Multi-Billionaire here. Since I'm engaged I laughed it off and moved on in the conversation. Funny enough when I told my fiance about it he said (exact words), "I'd be willing to except a severance package..." I prefer to assume he was joking, although probably not.

The guy that got you is in my opinion the luckiest person alive!!!!!!!

Well if they're both "ugly", as you put it, I'd agree with NOCLOBBER that it is out of necessity.

That "necessity" stemming from low self-esteem where both believe they couldn't do any better.

I suppose though, that in some cases the two could have started their relationship off by genuinely being physically attracted to one another, but that would be rare...

I guess I have to chime in here...sorry if I'm butting in.

I have a friend who is mega attractive, makes great money, gets phone numbers all the time....and is even funny and always has a great conversation going.

Why can't he get past a first date with girls...and why won't they return his phone calls? My reasoning is that he's almost perfect in everyway. He might be too good to be true and this is a definite warning sign for girls.

This is a person that women don't want to date. I think women are interested in guys that have little imperfections and they think it's charming.

Women please put in their two cents about the guys that seems to be "perfect in every way"....

when you see 2 ugly people together, do they genuinely find each other attractive, or are they just together out of necessity

This is what you don't get despite repeated attempts of people to explain it to you.

1. Just because YOU happen to think they are ugly doesn't mean THEY think they are ugly.

2. LOOKS DON'T MATTER TO MATURE PEOPLE; at least they know better than to look for supermodels

3. You love the face of the person you love because it's the face of the person you love.

ReluctantRomeo
This is what you don't get despite repeated attempts of people to explain it to you.

Shallow Hal...

No s**t. :lmao:

• 2 months later...

it's what is in the inside that counts.

as cliche that might sound, it's true. however, i usually dont talk to guys that i dont find physically attractive...

^^ thats why ugly guys need to muster confidence and talk to the girls first, instead of wallowing in their own self-misery and depression.

being physically unattractive does not deprive you of all the joys of being a human being, so stop thinking it. I have friend who girls i know wouldnt touch with a 10 ft. pole, but hes the nicest and most chill person to talk/hang with.

He has a g/f too now, and damn is she gorgeous (i ain't lying b/c frankly why would i? you guys dont know her and i aint best friends wit her to lie about her appearances). He has the innate ability to talk to girls in a calm and relaxing manner, so that they let down their guard and open up. imo he should write a book to help you guys out there.:D

and yes we live in a shallow world, its an obstacle, but the reward is great when overcome.

This looks like an old post, but someone revived it.

I guess Ill post here being bored and all. I'm not terrible attractive myself.

I'd probably rate my looks a 4 out of 10 compared to other men out there.

I've yet to be approached by any women who've felt attracted to me.

There was a conversation I had with my sister, and my sister's friend a long time ago.

The friend is asian from taiwan.

- She said that to get her attention the guy would have to look somewhat ok.

- To even consider dating that guy, he'd have to have a good job.

- She also mentioned to be relatively stable lifestyle.

So, basically, it sums it up that to even be considered:

- you have to look acceptable

- have a good job

- be relatively stable

to be even considered to get a girl.

So, for people like me, who arent physically attractive, dont have a normal job, or a relatively stable lifestyle, we're screwed (basically)

Also having dorky hobbies, such as forum posting, playing video games, working on computers probably works against people like us.

I dont really know this person well, but she's my sister's friend. She's

in her early 30's. But its her feelings on the subject.

I mean, honestly, would women to uncommon features like these?

I wouldnt want to change who I am just to get a girl (of any kind/of my dreams)

It almost seems impossible to get anyone to even notice you even if you

have a below average looks. Then its another blow to ego if hobbies that you enjoy aren't considered acceptable by the opposite sex.

Good Job ? Does that mean over 40 grand a year ? 70 grand a year ? Beyond ?

I think Stability is more important to me more than the amount.

A long term employer.

I think it helps if he makes a little more than me to balance out the fact that I don't make big money.

I never look for guys with * Good Jobs * I look for guys with Good Hearts and Personalities . Stable. Emotionally Stable. And stable employment. :)