Dilemma (need to date again....)

• Author

Ooh love the article! I despise town criers even more that selfies :lmao: Nothing more pathetic than someone trying to 'inform' the crowd of 'friends' on FB for political events and shyt. Relationship builders = doormats. I admit I'm guilty for being window shopper though :D Generally: fun read.

Do you think maybe you feel "social pressure" because you spend your time judging others? Yeah, certainly it is connected.

Please realize few people are as judgemental as you have been in your posts here. I know but I care most for the ones that are...

Here's a quick recap of a study on why people use social media.

Facebook: There are four types of users on the social network, say researchers | The Independent

The linked article goes into every of the four types.

Something dawned on me as I was doing my work out. You're here often saying you feel "social pressure" and are trying to free yourself from "social pressure". Yet, you judge others fairly quickly, and on things that seem rather benign.

Do you think maybe you feel "social pressure" because you spend your time judging others? Please realize few people are as judgemental as you have been in your posts here.

• Author
This part here.

Every couple has an *underneath* it's life happening. You will never find a couple that's been 20 + years together without in their history together some issues, some important issues some less important. Do you think relationships should be smooth sailing all the way? then you may have an unrealistic view of what is a real relationship like.

Yeah - that's very true.

People with 20+ years are definitely not together for 'love' though - it is an attachment that grows (and I find it beautiful).

I was referring to fresher couples that self promote as happy while being rotten in the core.

• Author

TFY - I don't know if it is male like... It is just that more males than females exhibit such pragmatism. I've been thinking about it. The best solution will be to pair up with a more beta man who will take care or the kids. Few of my friends did that and it works wonderfully - the dads are child-rearing on a daily basis and they navigate the bigger picture.

Didn't read the whole thread....

Just a simple observation, and I have noted this from some of your other posts/threads as well....Forgive me for saying this, and I mean no disrespect, (I actually like you, NG:))...

I could be off here, we all really don't know for sure, but you seem to have a very "male like" pragmatism to these aspects..

Pragmatism works great for guys..It's really a valuable asset for the things us guys have to deal with....But there is almost nothing pragmatic about kids...Its a lot of raw emotion...Sometimes frustration, many times extremely draining...

Part of what makes mother's great is their ability to process this stuff without letting raw sense and logic throw it all for a loop...And one of the reason's paired mother/father relationships do well is the Yin/Yang of the male/female experience...(I don't want to get into the vagaries of gay/transgendered parents...it's a topic for another day/thread..)

Do some soul searching...I am really trying to not be judgemental...Just making observations...For all I know I could be dead wrong...But this is the general vibe I am feeling...

TFY

• Like 1