How are you coping today?

Consider yourself blessed, i wish I was numb instead of the heavy **** i been feeling this week ugh....

It's not so much a blissfully ignorant numb, so much as an "I'm just zoned out cold, emotionally drained" numb.

Perhaps it's better than the pain, but I don't like being such a zombie. I wanna go back to being happy. Back to before he came back into my life and ripped the rug out from under me in a matter of weeks...

Feeling down today.

1 month NC, nearly 5 months since the break up.

I'm definitely progressing, the indifference is slowly blossoming.

I still think of him regularly.

I have been in NC for over 50 days now and I can't believe it's been that long. I had to check twice just to make sure. 53 days to be precise.

I feel great and I have no regrets. I wish I had started NC earlier than I did but I feel healed and I am ready for the next chapter of my life.

• Like 2
Feeling down today.

1 month NC, nearly 5 months since the break up.

I'm definitely progressing, the indifference is slowly blossoming.

I still think of him regularly.

Thats the same time frame as myself with the ex GF.

Im like you with the thinking aswell.

I am doing better. I think I'm suffering from some mild bouts of depression mixed in with occasional anxiety and the rare panic attack. Feeling almost decent today. Just trying to survive the holidays. And its all over a woman. Always a woman.

Scary thing is, is that my family has a history of panic attacks and anxiety requiring medication. For the majority of my life I haven't needed it. I hope to keep that up.

• Like 1
SilverlinedCloud

I admit im not feeling so high and mighty today, even being so far into NC (about 73/74 days). My friends who have seen me be a mental mess said it was great to see me smile and act a little more natural and how they know me to be and for some reason that sent me in the opposite direction because it enabled me to think about him more openly and when I did the torrent of emotions that come with accepting im single and probably never going to see him again come to mind n body. Definitely obsessed a little n soent time keeping him alive in my mind just by talking to another friend about his flaws n wrongdoings.. that didnt make me feel any better only more miserable.

Today parts of me wished I had broke NC again for him...

:(

I guess im not as indifferent as I thought as my thoughts while mostly irrational do run wild over him.. but that gets less n less. I just want to be done with the feelings! :(

Edited by SilverlinedCloud

today is day 3. there are times when I feel numb and times when I feel terrible. Neither feels particularly good.

I have been trying to allow myself to feel whatever I'm feeling at the moment. But then I start to dwell on him. It's like my mind won't allow my to think of anything else but him, no matter how much I try to turn it towards something else.

My appetite is up and down. I try to eat well but I seem to be craving junk. it doesn't help that I'm days away from my monthly cycle so my emotions and my food cravings are much much worse than they would be.

I have zero patience - -and can barely stand to be around people. But at the same time I feel lonelier than ever :(

• Like 1

Realized at random yesterday that it's been over a year since she broke up with me. Honestly it shouldn't mean anything but its made me feel worse. I can't help but continually do comparisons between then and now. I was much happier back then. We may have broken up but we still talked daily and still acted like a relationship.

These days I haven't talked to her in over two months. Some of you might say that's progress but it doesn't feel like it because I feel worse as the days go by. The knowledge that she's out there living her life, probably with someone making her happier then I evidently could, has been terrible for me. Every day now is filled with depression and anxiety and moving on seems impossible.

• Author
Realized at random yesterday that it's been over a year since she broke up with me. Honestly it shouldn't mean anything but its made me feel worse. I can't help but continually do comparisons between then and now. I was much happier back then. We may have broken up but we still talked daily and still acted like a relationship.

These days I haven't talked to her in over two months. Some of you might say that's progress but it doesn't feel like it because I feel worse as the days go by. The knowledge that she's out there living her life, probably with someone making her happier then I evidently could, has been terrible for me. Every day now is filled with depression and anxiety and moving on seems impossible.

I think you didn't do no contact early enough which is why you are only beginning to feel the break up now. It will get better.

Edited by Riou

I miss her and sometimes wake up scared at night, and I want to talk to her. It feels at times that what calms my nerves is thinking of her, but then those feelings turn. I have been drawing, but always end up drawing her. I get text messages and always hope that it might be her.

I do realize that I needed to go through this in order to understand just how important she is. Its so upsetting at times. Like some kind of karmic lesson. Cause I know I did wrong. Supposedly for when my next relationship comes I will be capable to be a better partner. I can only hope.

I wonder if she ever thinks of me, like I think of her. I guess I am not coping well.

I was actually feeling much better by yesterday evening. Especially after going to the gym and getting a pep talk from a friend.

I even managed to avoid checking for messages from him on my cell for the rest of the evening.

(I had been checking every so often most of the day)

Until.

I checked this morning and saw he hadn't sent me anything. Now I'm right back where I started :(

Oh well. Day 4 of NC and counting...

I was feeling fatigued the last few days - just my body feeling week and rundown. I have today and tomorrow off for some much needed rest and relaxation.

Emotionally, I still have my days where I miss "the old times," but overall I feel like I'm on the mend and things are looking up. My feelings toward my ex run the gamut. I don't like who she is on a very fundamental level, yet I still feel that dull, aching feeling of having lost something special. I miss having someone that close in my life.

• Like 1
I was feeling fatigued the last few days - just my body feeling week and rundown. I have today and tomorrow off for some much needed rest and relaxation.

Emotionally, I still have my days where I miss "the old times," but overall I feel like I'm on the mend and things are looking up. My feelings toward my ex run the gamut. I don't like who she is on a very fundamental level, yet I still feel that dull, aching feeling of having lost something special. I miss having someone that close in my life.

I get this!! My ex presented himself to be something very different from what he actually turned out to be. What he turned out to be is something entirely different! And I don't like what he turned out to be much either.

I get this!! My ex presented himself to be something very different from what he actually turned out to be. What he turned out to be is something entirely different! And I don't like what he turned out to be much either.

Nah, my ex didn't present herself to be anything other than what she is. She's been the same her entire adult life. I just knowingly ignored red flags and willingly chose to work around certain traits of hers.

Nobody ever really understands the term love is blind until they are blinded. I remember being completely cognizant of who she was as a person in our relationship - selfish, never compassionate, always playing the victim. But somehow I was still crazy about her. It was only after she kicked me to the curb, when all the love was stripped away, that I truly realized how incompatible she was with me.

I think one of the only reasons I miss her is because as a couple, the time spent together took up a significant portion of my life. I have no other memories to switch channels to. The other reason is solely because there is no other woman in my life right now. I wait for the day someone else comes along.

Today I'm coping ok, my sleep was restless again last night though. I really can't seem to get more than 6 hours when I usually sleep 9, my dreams are still pretending everything is ok. I hope this stops soon. During the day I feel alright, especially when dancing. It takes my mind off it. But around the house I'm still finding it hard to think of much else. I think this thread will be good for me to get my feelings out and talk to people in similar situations! Love to you all x

• Like 1
shamefullyjaded

Today is a bad day for me coping wise. I still can't wrap my head around a sudden breakup after 8 years. I have good days and bad days like everyone else.

It has been about 20 days since he really made it clear that we were over....14 days since I realized he was emotionally attached to a girl 12 years younger, and 3 days that I have been out of our shared apartment. We have a child together so it isn't like I can totally avoid him.

Today, I spent most of the day stalking his facebook page, and going through his post on a public forum he frequents to see if there was any indication of our breakup on there. I know I am lame. I wish I could stop this craziness that is consuming me. I love him so much that I have been sick over this whole thing. I should hate him right now, and parts of me do, but I still yearn for his affection. What's wrong with me?????????:sick:

shamefullyjaded
I think one of the only reasons I miss her is because as a couple, the time spent together took up a significant portion of my life. I have no other memories to switch channels to. The other reason is solely because there is no other woman in my life right now. I wait for the day someone else comes along.

I know the feeling. My boyfriend of 8 years, whom I have a 2.5 year old child with just kicked me to the curb without a legitimate reason. I know if I had a distraction I wouldn't yearn so much for his affection...especially after how he has treated me the last couple week. And on top of finding out he was talking to some chick 12 years younger then him for a couple of months prior to our breakup. BTW...he is 31.

I woke up today feeling normal and good having interest in doing something. I don't remember the last time I felt this way. I come across a comment talking about what it means when a girl says a guy is cute and when he is hot. Three days after breakup before she started to ignore me completely, she mentioned her new interest being perfect and hot. The same thing she use to tell me. Now I'm back to being crushed and depressed lying in my bed wishing I was dead. Son of a bitch.....

I'm back to feeling horrible again. I hate love. It destroys you when it gets rough. Its not fair. Why should finding my soulmate be a bad thing. Oh, I forgot. She's married to someone else. Why does it have to hurt all the time. All the time....

NYCheartbreak

I've found myself in a constant state of melancholy and regret now 4.5 months out of a 4 year relationship. I thought I was doing better, but the past 3 weeks have been tough. Just really missing her or what we had. I too thought she was the one. I just want this suffering to end.

It's the middle of the night here in the UK. About 5am and yet again my dreams have given me no restbite. Why does thos happen every night? Every night I dream of him then wake up in a state of upset and panic and can't get back to sleep without him. It's been 2 weeks, my lack of sleep is starting to affect me.