How are you coping today?

So, a new page, and new outlook on life again. A lot has happened in such a short space of time.  As they say, whatever goes up must come down.   I would say I’ve definitely landed. 

New girl I thought was a reward in life turned out to just be more lessons to learn. And in that, more practice at coping with my own emotions and being aware of my actions in those moments to best preserve myself.  

I think some of those lessons had the chance to be a reward, but I’m clearly not ready yet otherwise it wouldn’t have turned out this way and I wouldn’t have completely screwed up and let the butterflies take over. …hmm come to think of it, maybe it was a blessing in disguise. She was awful at communicating feelings unless she was drunk and that would never have worked for me. It was probably infatuation on my part blinding me.  

Not to say things are bad , because actually I’m incredibly grateful for the things that I DO have in life. I’m not wanting ☺️
Also the journey and exploration I had into the world of polyamory.  Putting it into practice , It melted so many of my insecurities that held me back within relationships in the past. 
It was probably one of my most valuable experiences in life, and whether I continue it or not, what it’s taught me and the fears it’s got rid of will only serve me well.

I had a chance to put them into practice with the monogamous new girl , and I wasn’t insecure once. I noticed I was also willing to commit and wasn’t scared. I’m still deciding whether it’s because I had let go of my fears or it’s because her life goals aligned perfectly with mine and we seemed in a bubble.  
Unfortunately I forgot to address the butterflies and check myself and presumably scared her off , but it’s all good! Day 4 Ghosting from her and day 2 NC from me. it’s a lot easier today. This is just another experience that I can grow from. The only time we ever get to practice how we act in those moments is going through them, so there’s more lessons. Heartache isn’t nice but there sure is a bright side to it that can serve your future well of want to learn. 

The best is yet to come at the right time ☺️ 💛

• Like 3
Happy Lemming
30 minutes ago, MeadowFlower said:

I don't want to be in the friendzone.

Then tell him that, communicate what you want.  Let your wishes be known.

See what his response is... perhaps he no longer wants to be in the friendzone, either and is ready for a change.

• Like 2
  • 1 year later...