How are you coping today?

My dearest love, my little pookie bear dog, had a 2nd seizure and we're not sure why. He's only 7. I'm trying to keep busy but I am constantly plagued with panic that he's going to have another seizure that I've become obsessive with not leaving his side and watching over him 24/7. Sometimes I find myself just sitting there staring at him and thinking about all the special moments we've shared together and I think about the time when I can't look over and see his sweet little face staring back at me. 

I am worried and saddened about the road that lays ahead.  

• Sad 5
On 2/16/2021 at 4:21 AM, Alpaca said:

My dearest love, my little pookie bear dog, had a 2nd seizure and we're not sure why.

This brought tears to my eyes. I am so sorry Alpaca. Mine had seizures too and the vet reassured me he's not feeling pain when it happens. He also gave me a med to inject him if the seizure last too long and it stops the seizure instantly. Dogs can still have a good life with seizures. When he started having seizures each time was like a huge panic in the house, then after a few seizure we stopped panicking and just stayed with him till it passed. Big Hug !

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
46 minutes ago, Gaeta said:

This brought tears to my eyes. I am so sorry Alpaca. Mine had seizures too and the vet reassured me he's not feeling pain when it happens. He also gave me a med to inject him if the seizure last too long and it stops the seizure instantly. Dogs can still have a good life with seizures. When he started having seizures each time was like a huge panic in the house, then after a few seizure we stopped panicking and just stayed with him till it passed. Big Hug !

Thank you, Gaeta!

The vet never mentioned anything about an injection to stop a seizure, that's good to know, I will have to ask about that.

I'm hoping he'll have a good quality of life even with the seizures and it's just idiopathic epilepsy. 🤞

Hugs!!

PS.

I hope you're feeling a little better these days.

Edited by Alpaca
  • Like 1
Cookiesandough

Not well. Idk I hate that I don’t know if I’m being rational in my fear or my ex is really still trying to terrorize me. I got papers for a restraining order but i don’t want to go through a process 

Edited by Shortskirtslonglashes

Two weeks have passed since the last seizure. I am feeling a bit more confident about venturing out for our daily walks again. He loves his walks. ❤️

• Like 1
On 2/18/2021 at 8:07 PM, Shortskirtslonglashes said:

Not well. Idk I hate that I don’t know if I’m being rational in my fear or my ex is really still trying to terrorize me. I got papers for a restraining order but i don’t want to go through a process 

What? Why? That must be scary. I’m sorry.

Edited by Pumpernickel

He might have made the decision without you and cut things off without explanation and it felt like nothing you said or did would make a difference. Blocking him is a reminder that you're still in control and you're going to to do what's best for you.

Seven weeks today that my dog passed. I hate Wednesdays now. I was doing good but today it feels like it happened last night. I miss him so much. 

• Sad 4

Hugs.   The loss of a fur baby is heartbreaking.  At least you know the dog was loyal.  Do something sweet for yourself even if it's looking at photos of your baby & crying.  

• Like 2
poppyfields
5 hours ago, Gaeta said:

Seven weeks today that my dog passed. I hate Wednesdays now. I was doing good but today it feels like it happened last night. I miss him so much. 

((Hugs)) Gaeta, may he RIP.

• Like 2

Hang in there Gaeta.  Having multiple losses in a short amount of time makes the grieving last longer and be stronger. 

Edited by FMW
  • Like 2
12 hours ago, Gaeta said:

I'm sorry you're hurting. It's hard, we only get our pets for their brief lifetime to brighten our days. Our time with them is so invaluable.

Edited by Alpaca
  • Like 2

I am doing much better and seeing this rationally. I will not provide any future updates but I will say that I will be working on my appearance, my wealth, my social status and that the guy was at the top of all those things. I was trapped in a box and I couldn't get out so there was a bunch of feelings on that and I haven't met any new people yet! I don't think you can give someone brutally honesty if you don't know them. Someone once said I'm not conditioned to be viewed by people, how I want them to see me. I wish to be viewed in now way and do not care! I have assets in my head that I plan on using and with any more interference, someone's goes to jail! It won't be me .. 

MeadowFlower

If I am going to end up in a relationship in life, hopefully it's while my body is still relatively young.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
scooby-philly

Lost my 98 yr old paternal grandmother on Monday from a COVID related heart attack. I'm feeling mixed - which I expected. I loved her but she was toxic in many ways - but thankfully over the past 18 years as an adult I put her in her place (from an emotional standpoint). I'm happy that she went w/o much pain (or at least quickly), that she didn't linger on with COVID symptoms and lead a miserable life for months, and that she didn't develop severe dementia before she went. And thankful for those things not to happen so my parents did not have to deal with those things either. May she rest in peace.

• Sad 2

I feel so out of sorts lately. I've been triggered quite a bit (like everyone) because of what was happening a year ago. This time a year ago is also when I moved back in with my husband to take care of him in the final months of his life. Before I knew it, we were exploring in home hospice care, setting up nursing and health care aide visits, and then suddenly, he was gone (well - in June actually - but it happened so quickly....) I guess I am going to continue to get triggered these next few months as I relive last year. 

What I SHOULD be doing to cope is getting outside and walking/exercising. I KNOW it helps, but in reality, I just want to go home from work and climb under the covers. Even right now, I just need a nap.....

• Sad 2
scooby-philly
4 hours ago, Gaeta said:

My Sympathies @scooby-philly

Thank you my friend. I made my peace years ago that she would pass eventually and also didn't let her shame based view of the world stop me from living my life the way I want to - but I pray for her soul and am thankful that she didn't linger for months or years in pain and/or with dementia.

• Like 1
On 3/18/2021 at 1:24 PM, vla1120 said:

I feel so out of sorts lately. I've been triggered quite a bit (like everyone) because of what was happening a year ago. This time a year ago is also when I moved back in with my husband to take care of him in the final months of his life. Before I knew it, we were exploring in home hospice care, setting up nursing and health care aide visits, and then suddenly, he was gone (well - in June actually - but it happened so quickly....) I guess I am going to continue to get triggered these next few months as I relive last year. 

What I SHOULD be doing to cope is getting outside and walking/exercising. I KNOW it helps, but in reality, I just want to go home from work and climb under the covers. Even right now, I just need a nap.....

I am so sorry, it brought tears to my eyes to read this. I am sitting here tonight feeling sorry for myself and your post made me realize I've lost nothing just a cheating boyfriend who doesn't deserve any tears. You are a brave woman ((hugs)) Stay strong. 

On 3/19/2021 at 4:24 AM, vla1120 said:

There's nothing wrong with that . You've been through a lot and it hasn't been very long you'd need rest and time to recover yourself , enjoy those covers l say.

I wish his friends would just STOP! I made a mistake. I made a bad choice and poor decisions but they told me he moved on and in with someone else. I am doing everything I can and I am changing the toxic behavior immediately. Would you just stop! I am trying not to be controlling and accept if he comes back, he comes back and if he doesn't well I was rather stupid :(

HelloImJack

I made some mistakes and my friends are telling me to call her up or make contact. I haven't seen or talked to her (or any other females in an intimate way in five years now). I still think about her every day. It would be nice to move on. Btw I think I wasn't responsive enough/emotionally available, while I'd say she was a bit clingy. Best of luck to you

I think I may be cutting someone out of my life for good. I very rarely do that, but I've noticed how often he isn't there for me when I really need him. I know who I can contact if I need to talk, or if something happens (like when I lost my mum). I do wonder if I will ever meet someone who is just good for me, and a good person in general. This is why I didn't throw myself at him, when he thought I might be "the one". Actions speak louder than words, and I've been there before. 

Every so often, I get quiet, and end up having a good cry, and then I get on with things.