Online Dating Profile Turnoffs

TheArtist

LookAtThisPOst

Another turn off...contradictory profiles. Saying one thing, and doing something else.

When they say, "Not seeking a pen pal. I will meet you if we have a decent conversation by phone. You can't actually know if you connect until you meet face-to-face."

Then you email them and they reply with,

"Sorry, but I don't think we would have a connection."

Notice the contradiction in their reply to me and then what they stated in their profile??

I usually call them on this contradiction.

LookAtThisPOst

"I have a son/daughter 'who is my world'!" This is something that should go without saying. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the value of family, I really do, but I would say this is the most frequent said thing by a single parent on a dating site.

Another turn off...contradictory profiles. Saying one thing, and doing something else.

When they say, "Not seeking a pen pal. I will meet you if we have a decent conversation by phone. You can't actually know if you connect until you meet face-to-face."

Then you email them and they reply with,

"Sorry, but I don't think we would have a connection."

Notice the contradiction in their reply to me and then what they stated in their profile??

I usually call them on this contradiction.

This. When I was online dating I met a girl that I went to school with way back. From the sounds of her profile she was just what I was looking for, she hated playing games and the bull**** that came with dating and was apparently a straight up, honest girl.

She preceded to be dishonest, play mind games, ignore messages and then eventually ghost me.

• Like 1
Michelle ma Belle

Some guy "winked" at me online yesterday. Not bad looking until I read his profile tag line;

"I'm rather smelly and looking for someone less smelly than me"

Who says Prince Charming doesn't exist?

• Like 2

I've seen plenty of girls describe themselves as high maintenance. As if that's something to be proud of.

No one in the world wants someone high maintenance.

• Like 2

What is with all the beards, guys? Every time I see one, I think, ugh, gross! You want us to keep our hoo-ha's pretty groomed and clean, but your face looks like an animal died on it and you just left it there. Facial hair is awful. When is this beard trend going to go away?

• Like 4
LookAtThisPOst
What is with all the beards, guys? Every time I see one, I think, ugh, gross! You want us to keep our hoo-ha's pretty groomed and clean, but your face looks like an animal died on it and you just left it there. Facial hair is awful. When is this beard trend going to go away?

You mean Neck Beards?

• Like 1

I have personal turn-offs, like: guys wearing earrings, cats (ew gross, I like dog guys), long hair, ect.

But there are also some objectively bad ideas: Don't post crazy party pictures (unless you're looking to attract that type of person), stay away from pictures with your ex or a kid (unless you have a child), blurry or grainy selfies

"I have a son/daughter 'who is my world'!" This is something that should go without saying. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the value of family, I really do, but I would say this is the most frequent said thing by a single parent on a dating site.

It is ridiculously cliched. It also sounds very unhealthy to me. It sounds like they have nothing else in their life and no time for anything else...anyhow, it is a huge turnoff to be so generic that you have to offer up that cliche.

• Like 1
It is ridiculously cliched. It also sounds very unhealthy to me. It sounds like they have nothing else in their life and no time for anything else...anyhow, it is a huge turnoff to be so generic that you have to offer up that cliche.

Couldn't agree more. I wouldn't even think about dating a woman with kids.

Why are 80% of the population training for a half - marathon?

And why do 8 out of 10 guys need to post action photos of themselves climbing through the mud, jumping over logs on fire, and doing other tough-mudder or cross-fit obstacle course races? Does he expect me to jump over fire with him?

• Like 4
LookAtThisPOst
And why do 8 out of 10 guys need to post action photos of themselves climbing through the mud, jumping over logs on fire, and doing other tough-mudder or cross-fit obstacle course races? Does he expect me to jump over fire with him?

Yeah, Mud Runs are a "thing" now, apparently. They also take their sweet time going through the course.

Don't forget the color runs.

Oh, and don't forget the picture of someone in the foreground pretending to hold up the Leaning Tower of Pisa or doing the same, but trying to look like they are holding the sun at sunset with their hand and...grossly missing. lol

I'm on pof, and I hate the three pictures no writeup that a bunch of hot girls do, and I know they still get 100's of messages even with there 5 minutes of work.

"Life is deep...If we are lucky we find ourselves in the depths. Nurture your true self...In the meantime let's travel, experience and bask in its glory. It's a good life."

30, self-employed

LookAtThisPOst

Saw this one, woman had several photos up, she was attractive of course and it said in the "About Me" section:

"People don't read these things anyways, so if you like what you see, send me a message."

Also, a POF profile with

About me: that says, "Will fill out later"

2 weeks pass, still says, "Will fill out later"

The six things I could never do without

Family

Friends

Food

Faith

Free time

Fun

Fries

Fingers

Frozen yogurt

Letter F

But that's more than six :confused:

Matched with a girl on Tinder Friday night. The only thing she had written in her description was the 'looking for a partner in crime' cliche. So, I sent her this as my opener:

Women keep saying that they're looking for a partner in crime. Then, they give me a funny look when I turn up to the date with blood stained hands, ten grand in unmarked bills, and a dead body in the trunk. Then, I'm the 'weird one'!

Just saying it would be nice if women were clearer about what they want. That's all.

No reply :laugh:

Edited by Jabron1
  • Like 1
Saw this one, woman had several photos up, she was attractive of course and it said in the "About Me" section:

"People don't read these things anyways, so if you like what you see, send me a message."

Also, a POF profile with

About me: that says, "Will fill out later"

2 weeks pass, still says, "Will fill out later"

I always send this message to blank or lazy profiles:

How comes you haven't written anything in your profile?

Either you're really shy, or you're being purposely mysterious - like Stonehenge or the meaning of life.

Yeah, I compare beautiful women to a pile of rocks :laugh:. You'd be surprised how often that'll get a reply. I'll give you an example from a week ago:

Me: How comes you haven't written anything in your profile?

Either you're really shy, or you're being purposefully mysterious - like Stonehenge or the meaning of life.

Her: I'm not shy! You can't get to know someone from what they write on here anyway!

Me: I'm picking up a non-conformist, rebel vibe. I'm guessing that you listen to punk rock.

Her: haha I'm a realist!

Me: Is there room for romance in your pragmatic worldview?

Her: Of course :) I can't find the right person though. That's why my friend suggested I try this ridiculous way!

Me: Okay, the method might be unconventional. But look on the bright side! You've just met a handsome man whilst you sit at home, chilling out, doing your nails.

Etc, etc.

This approach seems to open up people quite well, considering that you originally have nothing to go on. We had some banter, and she was good fun.

So I wouldn't rule out people with no profile description, just make fun of it instead.

Edited by Jabron1
  • Like 1
Profiles that mention children first. I have nothing against dating girls with kids but to make that the headline?

'I have a daughter who is my world and I love being with her'

Well, yes, but I don't want to date your daughter.

Even worse - profiles that start with a pic of the kid (only the kid!)

Why would you do that?????

• Like 1
Matched with a girl on Tinder Friday night. The only thing she had written in her description was the 'looking for a partner in crime' cliche. So, I sent her this as my opener:

Women keep saying that they're looking for a partner in crime. Then, they give me a funny look when I turn up to the date with blood stained hands, ten grand in unmarked bills, and a dead body in the trunk. Then, I'm the 'weird one'!

Just saying it would be nice if women were clearer about what they want. That's all.

No reply :laugh:

No sense of humour, that one.

Do you mind if I steal your line?

- I hate the 'partner in crime' cliche.

Even worse - profiles that start with a pic of the kid (only the kid!)

Why would you do that?????

I've seen a couple of profiles where there are only pictures of their baby. I have no idea what those women were thinking.

Seriously, no pictures of the woman at all - just their kid. It boggles the mind.

And, yeah. Steal away :D

I've seen a couple of profiles where there are only pictures of their baby. I have no idea what those women were thinking.

Seriously, no pictures of the woman at all - just their kid. It boggles the mind.

And, yeah. Steal away :D

They want you for a baby daddy. :D