Why does the guy pay (or not)?

CTRL C

SawtoothMars
Yeah I've seen plenty on the internet. They write blogs and make vidoes, post on forums. Lol It's always an attractive white girl from the burbs, whining about oppression and bitching about every little Nik nak thing that bothers them.

Dating her was like bull riding! The whole relationship was one big fight for control, as I tried to stay on top. I thoroughly enjoyed all 8 seconds of it.

Shot myself in the foot though. I cried at my grandma's funeral. I thought it would show my sensitive side. She felt that it was a big turnoff. Probably should have left her at home.

Nice. :) I've the opportunity to shoot several interesting guns, including Uzi, AK47, and some oddball Soviet ones that I don't even remember the caliber of. Still always loved going back to a basic .22 rifle with a good scope for some long distance target practice.

Oh... I'd love to try your Uzi! My dad has a Chinese made AK47. It has terrible accuracy at even small distances.

I love shooting, but hate hunting. I wonder if that's weird?

Lol, we're all equal, we just each have our particular specialties. :)

LOL. If i were still single and went out with you and you took me shooting (whether or not i paid), i might have been intimidated

Wait a minute. I'M a woman; I've been alone a LOT of times in rooms with women where there are no men. I have never tried to kill someone - nor has a woman tried to kill me.

Seriously. You believe that whenever women go to a restroom - whether it be at a bar, at work, or at the gym -

we try to kill one another?

Someone's been watching too many girl-prison flicks.

Silly boy. We don't try to kill one another when we're out of sight of you men...we'd break a nail or get a fat lip or sumpin'-sumpin'...

...and that would interfere with our Thursday night bra-and-panties pillow fights.

:rolleyes:

How bout at work? I used to work in a female dominated discipline. I swear every project I worked on, there were 5 women going at it hard. They start off friends, then the gossip, she said this, she said that. before you knew it, they were at each others throats. It was like high school with women in their 40's.

How bout at work? I used to work in a female dominated discipline. I swear every project I worked on, there were 5 women going at it hard. They start off friends, then the gossip, she said this, she said that. before you knew it, they were at each others throats. It was like high school with women in their 40's.

maybe it was just that particular group of women, not all women. and maybe they did not feel supported at work so they felt they had to be more aggressive? all guesses.

Her Bridges

And I do currently work in a male dominated field where the men do the EXACT same thing. ;)

• Like 2
Versacehottie
Nobody wants a doormat. Guys want to marry a woman they can respect.

I think what you find is that most of the men dislike being in a situation where 90% of the time they have to pay to get rejected.

I asked before what is expected of women in exchange. I honestly can't think of anything in particular.

Well women in the beginning stages traditionally have to sit back and be passive and let the guy make the moves. So I guess you guys are paying to be in the driver's seat.

• Like 1
Well women in the beginning stages traditionally have to sit back and be passive and let the guy make the moves. So I guess you guys are paying to be in the driver's seat.

interesting, though i never felt like i was in the driver's seat. maybe i just was not smooth :)

• Like 1
Dating her was like bull riding! The whole relationship was one big fight for control, as I tried to stay on top. I thoroughly enjoyed all 8 seconds of it...

Seeeee?!? Now, a true "feminist" (male or female) would realize that most times reverse-cowgirl is just better with her on top.

But, if I was with you - and you were soooooo insistent on being in control and having to be on top -

I'd let you assume the reverse-cowgirl position. Yanno...since you wanted it so badly and simply insisted...

• Like 2
And I do currently work in a male dominated field where the men do the EXACT same thing. ;)

Yeah that's a given, we know that. We said women fight just as much, (I say more) not men don't fight.

Hey you said engineering right? I started in doc control, that's where all the sh*t went down. The women in engineering weren't so much a problem.

While it is a cute back-story, I missed the part where the women were out of sight of the men...

...and they were trying to kill one another.

Seeeee?!? Now, a true "feminist" (male or female) would realize that most times reverse-cowgirl is just better with her on top.

But, if I was with you - and you were soooooo insistent on being in control and having to be on top -

I'd let you assume the reverse-cowgirl position. Yanno...since you wanted it so badly and simply insisted...

i always thought it more chivalrous to let the woman be on top for that

Her Bridges
Oh... I'd love to try your Uzi! My dad has a Chinese made AK47. It has terrible accuracy at even small distances.

I love shooting, but hate hunting. I wonder if that's weird?

Sadly it wasn't mine but my ex's that he inherited. It was fun but overheated super fast!

No, not weird. Paper is fun but hunting gets messy. I'll pass myself on the hunting... if I want venison or something I'll buy it off someone who does hunt.

LOL. If i were still single and went out with you and you took me shooting (whether or not i paid), i might have been intimidated

LOL, noted! Maybe it's something to save for after the initial dating phase...

Well don't undersell it. If a guy is overspending, it's uncomfortable especially if you can estimate that it's too much for him. And your date might not want to offer to pitch in because she doesn't want to emasculate or embarrass you like you can't afford it. Some of the best dates I have been on didn't cost much at all. You both have the power to make it fun. And yes a girl should be very expected to contribute to being fun and appreciative of whatever is offered! I always have been.

I have been on $1000+ dates (great guys but something wasn't just there) that were so-so because ultimately it is about the connection. Or one mid-priced dates where I wish the guy had just saved his money because he was trying to impress with $$$$ and acting like he was doing me a big favor and it really wasn't all that (same as a cheap guy he was think in terms of dollars spent and that is not the point).

I'll spend like $70, have a good time and if you don't like me, I'll get on here, whine about it, then go do the same thing again. :)

• Like 3
Sadly it wasn't mine but my ex's that he inherited. It was fun but overheated super fast!

No, not weird. Paper is fun but hunting gets messy. I'll pass myself on the hunting... if I want venison or something I'll buy it off someone who does hunt.

LOL, noted! Maybe it's something to save for after the initial dating phase...

right. guns should come after nudity

While it is a cute back-story, I missed the part where the women were out of sight of the men...

...and they were trying to kill one another.

Oh lord, you know I didn't mean that literally.

Something bout you seems kinda familiar BTW.

i always thought it more chivalrous to let the woman be on top for that

Chivalry aside, I do believe the reason most men *allow* women to be on top during reverse-cowgirl, is it's less painful for him to assume the position.

If we wanted small strap-ons, we'd probably just save our $19.99 and stick with the real thing, yanno?

:o

• Like 1
...Something bout you seems kinda familiar BTW.

No doubt.

It's probably because I'm either your worst nightmare, or the type of woman your mother warned you about. :D

• Like 2
Chivalry aside, I do believe the reason most men *allow* women to be on top during reverse-cowgirl, is it's less painful for him to assume the position.

If we wanted small strap-ons, we'd probably just save our $19.99 and stick with the real thing, yanno?

:o

:laugh:

i always fancied myself more appealing than a small strap on

Her Bridges
right. guns should come after nudity

:p Poor hypothetical random date guy is gonna be waiting a while in that case.

• Like 1
Well this thread went straight into the gutter. :p

Come on man, these gender wars are the best ones. The rest of the sh*t on here is boring.

• Like 2
:p Poor hypothetical random date guy is gonna be waiting a while in that case.

you're the one with the gun. he'll mind his manners :)

• Like 1
No doubt.

It's probably because I'm either your worst nightmare, or the type of woman your mother warned you about. :D

So you're from Saudi Arabia then. :p

Versacehottie

Here are my responses in bold.

Thanks for the response! Hopefully this isn't too long:

Maybe it didn't come off the right way. I'm not counting at all. My general clueless-ness stems from being brought up in a culture where dating doesn't exist.

I figured that was a possibility because of your screen name so sorry if I came off harshly. But in all honesty if you're here in U.S., dating American girls, I stand by my opinion. Well I do anyway for most cultures (european as well).

Here is how coffee normally goes for me:

We meet and walk up to the counter, one of us is first and that person orders and pays and then the second person does the same. Am I supposed to cut in and pay for her then? I think that's awkward and unnecessary because it is an inexpensive item.

Yes, you cut in and pay. Because you are a gentleman. You are showing your kindness. The cost of the item shouldn't factor in. Well it did when you arranged a "coffee date"--that alone implies this is a quick getting to know you but it doesn't mean you don't show your best side, especially as you said the item is inexpensive so why are you calculating it? It is more awkward not to pay. Comes off as petty, like she is not worth your time or a tiny bit of money.

(aka realized she couldn't use me for free meals any more).

I actually don't agree with what your ex did about the pizza. Because if you were just hanging out as friends, then you should pay as friends and probably split cost. However, your wording above implies bitterness about paying. That's why I said in my previous post, if it's not in your nature to pay for first dates, you should get it out of the way upfront. You are calculating the cost maybe that's why she was rude about the pizza. If she had been dealing with your feelings about finances&dating all along, I don't agree with what she did but can see where it was coming from.

but I also see you badly not wanting to pay as a negative characteristic. How do you frame that as positive?

Oh I happily paid. I was disappointed that I was on a date with a cheapskate though and had to fake my way through the next couple of hours with someone I had little respect for. Actually, as suspected, the rest of date just provided more evidence that we had values that weren't in line with each other. It's a small thing not to pay for a date you've asked for but very telling. Not impressive. For the 50th time it's not about the money. Some people are misers. It's was actually humorous listening to the guy brag about all his success when he hadn't even payed for my drink. Not. My. Type. Of. Person. In any lifetime.

Mostly I operate from a place of "what I feel like doing" and I don't really feel like paying for her meal as I am just starting to get to know her. As far as the appearance thing goes, I don't think it applies to my situation...my appearance is my lively-hood but regardless of that isn't this another one of those "sex" or rather "sexuality" as a justification for why I should pay?

Yes, here I agree. This is precisely the message you are conveying when you don't pay. You are only thinking of yourself and that when you are trying to show people you would be a good partner who has the capability to think of others is a fail.

• Like 1
Versacehottie
I'll spend like $70, have a good time and if you don't like me, I'll get on here, whine about it, then go do the same thing again. :)

That sounds good! I love mini-golf. Great first date. You're just whining because you're disappointed the date didn't work out that you wanted though, right? Meaning continuing to see the girl. Not for money lost. If I'm paying I consider it a gift not an investment.

Post about why your dates aren't going the way you want them to and we will help you out :)