The downside to being beautiful...

Hopeful30

I actually agree with Leigh on this. I'm not saying guys never fall crazy in love with normal women. Of course they do! But it's just less often and it's also a function of the guy's own attractiveness. Men usually try to date up a little, so an average looking girl will have an easier time finding a below average guy who will adore her. A cute or average looking woman can find love of course but she will have to work a bit harder for it.

The men who fall madly in love, at least ALL the ones I have ever known, they all fell the hardest for women with whom they has the instant wow factor with...

The women who has their men instantly enamoured by them all got spoilt rotten and their men were madly in love.

Every average or cute girl I have ever met simply met a guy, there was some spark of interest but the men werent exactly head over heels for them...they grew to love them " quitely " without feeling the butterflies or the fluffy stuff.

Every one of the men admitted to me that they didn't marry the love of their life, because the woman that felt the most passionate about was crazy or not a good match.

This is why I opt to remain single and furthermore, I am getting plastic surgery. Because I actually have " beautiful " features aside from my nose. With a nose job I believe I will be gorgeous and therefore, I will get that initial thing from men whereby they fall hard for me and actually want to take me out for once a week dates and spoil me.

The current guy is head over heels for me by his own admission. He even had a custom made teddy for me after week one. However, I know that romantic dinners out once weekly aren't on the cards.... I just don't seem to inspire a deep sense of courting and wanting to impress me from any man. Unless they are the type that no woman wants.... The most I get is instant chemistry that isn't as strong as it was for their hotter exes.....

I can guarantee that this guy would be taken me out for weekly dinner dates and romancing the crap out of me if I were beautiful. The more beautiful the woman, the harder the man initially falls.

I think you're in for a big surprise.

I am so close to being gorgeous and I even have men who already think I am.

One little nose job and I will legitimately be one of the gorgeous women.

I guarantee more men will want me.

Leigh, I don't know what your nose looks like from the side but there isn't much you can do to shorten a nose through plastic surgery unless the tip is very downturned and yours doesn't appear to be. I had a rhinoplasty when I was 22 but there was a visible, easy to correct defect on my nose (I had a large bump, called a "dorsal hump" from the side that I acquired as a child when I broke my nose). Basically, you can make your nose more upturned but you cannot actually shorten the length of the bridge...like you can't move the base of your nose where it meets your face closer to your eyes. The length of the mid-face is fixed. If you go down this PS route just be careful about doing your research and not getting your hopes up that you'll be completely transformed into a new person.

Pretty packages with nothing substantial inside will interest a man for only so long.

Brown paper packages, tied up with string, with something of depth inside, will keep him wanting to dig further.

I intimidated many a man with my IQ. It never occurred to me to change my looks to lure them in. Why would I want them anyway?

Realize like attracts like.

• Like 6

Don't focus on your nose. You'll always find something to nitpick

Pretty packages with nothing substantial inside will interest a man for only so long.

Brown paper packages, tied up with string, with something of depth inside, will keep him wanting to dig further.

I intimidated many a man with my IQ. It never occurred to me to change my looks to lure them in. Why would I want them anyway?

What about a gorgeous woman who isn't vapid but of average substance and intelligence vs. a brilliant, charming average/plain looking woman. Which do you think will entice a guy more? ;)

What about a gorgeous woman who isn't vapid but of average substance and intelligence vs. a brilliant, charming average/plain looking woman. Which do you think will entice a guy more? ;)

Or let's even say a pretty girl of average intelligence/substance vs. a plain girl of above average intelligence/substance. Unless you're talking in extremes, beauty will usually win out.

• Like 1
Leigh, I don't know what your nose looks like from the side but there isn't much you can do to shorten a nose through plastic surgery unless the tip is very downturned and yours doesn't appear to be. I had a rhinoplasty when I was 22 but there was a visible, easy to correct defect on my nose (I had a large bump, called a "dorsal hump" from the side that I acquired as a child when I broke my nose). Basically, you can make your nose more upturned but you cannot actually shorten the length of the bridge...like you can't move the base of your nose where it meets your face closer to your eyes. The length of the mid-face is fixed. If you go down this PS route just be careful about doing your research and not getting your hopes up that you'll be completely transformed into a new person.

I just feel that I would be considered gorgeous if I had a more feminine nose.

I have straight teeth and the plump lips women pay to get and I have very very light blue eyes and super long lashes.

I figured my nose was the only feature that stopped me from being beautiful.

All my other features are very attractive.

And I have a dent in my nose from getting it broken as a child.

I just want my profile to be straight.

Edited by Leigh 87
Don't focus on your nose. You'll always find something to nitpick

But my other features are attractive. It is literally ONLY my nose that isnt very attractive.

I will stop at nothing until I get my boyfriends to fall all over themselves for me the way my fiends gets her boyfriend to.

Or let's even say a pretty girl of average intelligence/substance vs. a plain girl of above average intelligence/substance. Unless you're talking in extremes, beauty will usually win out.

IMO that depends. Beauty attracts attention quicker, although in my experience often comes hand in hand with physical expression. I have met many beautiful women in my short time on Earth, and their ability to "entice" varies a lot more strongly than common perceptions would suggest.

In support of your argument, there's usually a correlation with beautiful women who know how to accentuate that beauty in how they carry themselves, and that will almost certainly attract admirers more than any other kind of woman.

But a gorgeous woman who does not, may not get many and could be prone to seeing herself as average or not beautiful in someway. I have known girls like that before. Their fortunes usually change when their perception of themselves change somehow.

That is just my limited observation though.

• Like 4

But it is the outer package that inspires limerence and the " head over heels " beginning......

Plain or cute girls will only every likely get a man who falls quietly in love with them and who doesn't feel as passionate about them as they did their more attractive exes who were " hot but crazy "

They are going to take longer to fall in love with a non beautiful girl.

The only be less inclined to romance a plain or cute girl.

I dated men who were intelligent and kind. Because I am kind and enjoy having intellectual discussions with men....and they fell all gaga over a beautiful woman who was ALSO intellectually well matched.... What a huge surprise! They had options so they fell the hardest for the beautiful girl who also possessed their desired attributes....

I could take up cool new hobbies and learn two more languages. I still wouldn't get a guy to fall head over heels or madly in love with me because my face just doesn't inspire infatuation or passion for normal men.

At best, women like me can get a man to grow to love them deeply. But the infatuation and limerence stage? Not a chance! or it will be watered down fork what these men have previously felt for " beauties "

IMO that depends. Beauty attracts attention quicker, although in my experience often comes hand in hand with physical expression. I have met many beautiful women in my short time on Earth, and their ability to "entice" varies a lot more strongly than common perceptions would suggest.

In support of your argument, there's usually a correlation with beautiful women who know how to accentuate that beauty in how they carry themselves, and that will almost certainly attract admirers more than any other kind of woman.

But a gorgeous woman who does not, may not get many and could be prone to seeing herself as average or not beautiful in someway. I have known girls like that before. Their fortunes usually change when their perception of themselves change somehow.

That is just my limited observation though.

I attract a lot of male attention because I dress really well and play up my eyes and lips.

I also come off as happy and confident. When I am far from confident.

It doesn't take a beauty to get attention.

Just a girl who is very feminine.

There is no denying though, that the guy is going to fall a lot harder for the beautiful woman as opposed to the cute woman who manages to grab a lot of attention due to her stylish fashion choices.

It is no coincidence that my beautiful friend is wined and dined and I am demoted to FWB or just taken for a ride in a " let's just go home and chill " type of relationship without romantic dinner dates. I am cute enough to get a lot of attention but not beautiful enough to inspire great feelings of lust or passion.

I attract a lot of male attention because I dress really well and play up my eyes and lips.

I also come off as happy and confident. When I am far from confident.

It doesn't take a beauty to get attention.

Just a girl who is very feminine.

There is no denying though, that the guy is going to fall a lot harder for the beautiful woman as opposed to the cute woman who manages to grab a lot of attention due to her stylish fashion choices.

It is no coincidence that my beautiful friend is wined and dined and I am demoted to FWB or just taken for a ride in a " let's just go home and chill " type of relationship without romantic dinner dates. I am cute enough to get a lot of attention but not beautiful enough to inspire great feelings of lust or passion.

Great feelings of lust and passion aren't monopolized by beauty!

• Like 1

Lol I cannot stand when my beautiful friend contains.

I honestly don't think she has anything to complain about...... She is never single, has never had to use online dating, she simply " stumbles " accross a great love story because her boyfriends feel the instant and wild attraction for her. Where as cute girls like me who have great teeth and nice smiles and are slim, just don't get the great love stories... Getting men to fall quietly in love with us without getting to experience the butterflies sucks.

My long term ex left me as soon as he met a beautiful woman who paid him attention. He took her out on romantic dinner dates. Where as with me, I just had to drive to his house to " Chill" for years on end. He never felt any romantic inclinations towards me. Although he grew to love me like a family member :sick:

I have watched this happen to every cute or non gorgeous girl I know. Their men who settled for them all left them when a woman who knocked their socks off came along.

I am dating a guy and I don't know why I bother. He lamented how the " gorgeous girls " he net had awful personalities and he says I am the one in a million woman who he is not only attracted to but who he likes a lot as a person. I cannot help but feel inferior....like he couldn't get a beautiful woman so he settled for me, the girl who doesn't get his heart racing yet is nice and kind to him :sick:

He tells me he is head over heels for me. He says he adores me on a daily basis. But I cannot help but think dating is fruitless for non beauties because we will just never inspire great romance...... I really doubt this guy feels as much sizzle in the bedroom as he did with his more beautiful exes... And I doubt he will want to spoil me the way he would have them.

I am honestly thinking about ending it and just remaining single for life. I would rather be single than with a man who didn't feel smitten and feel wildly attracted to me.

Beautiful people have absolutely nothing to complain about.

For it is ONLY the beautiful woman I know happy have great love stories. Men who fell all giddy over them from the outset. I don't know a single plain or cute girl who has had that affect on their spouse. Sure, the average girls are in just as happy relationships, but these relationships definately didn't have the first two years of heady infatuation and limerence that the beautiful girls got to experience. And the men were less over the moon and not madly in love with the average women.

This is from my observations of every couple I have ever met.

I have yet to meet a non gorgeous girl who inspired great romance and intense feelings from their partners. Their men sorrt of just grew into them and while they now totally adore their non gorgeous wives, they certainly are not madly and passionately in love in the same way the beautiful women's partners are.

But my other features are attractive. It is literally ONLY my nose that isnt very attractive.

I will stop at nothing until I get my boyfriends to fall all over themselves for me the way my fiends gets her boyfriend to.

But it sounds like your current bf is very attracted to you.

fwiw, I think it is more important to be happy with yourself overall than worry about your imperfections.

I have features of mine I am unhappy with but feel decent about myself overall, project that and was able to find a lovely wife. I am not a perfect specimen by any means but so be it

• Like 1
Lol I cannot stand when my beautiful friend contains.

I honestly don't think she has anything to complain about...... She is never single, has never had to use online dating, she simply " stumbles " accross a great love story because her boyfriends feel the instant and wild attraction for her. Where as cute girls like me who have great teeth and nice smiles and are slim, just don't get the great love stories... Getting men to fall quietly in love with us without getting to experience the butterflies sucks.

My long term ex left me as soon as he met a beautiful woman who paid him attention. He took her out on romantic dinner dates. Where as with me, I just had to drive to his house to " Chill" for years on end. He never felt any romantic inclinations towards me. Although he grew to love me like a family member :sick:

I have watched this happen to every cute or non gorgeous girl I know. Their men who settled for them all left them when a woman who knocked their socks off came along.

I am dating a guy and I don't know why I bother. He lamented how the " gorgeous girls " he net had awful personalities and he says I am the one in a million woman who he is not only attracted to but who he likes a lot as a person. I cannot help but feel inferior....like he couldn't get a beautiful woman so he settled for me, the girl who doesn't get his heart racing yet is nice and kind to him :sick:

He tells me he is head over heels for me. He says he adores me on a daily basis. But I cannot help but think dating is fruitless for non beauties because we will just never inspire great romance...... I really doubt this guy feels as much sizzle in the bedroom as he did with his more beautiful exes... And I doubt he will want to spoil me the way he would have them.

I am honestly thinking about ending it and just remaining single for life. I would rather be single than with a man who didn't feel smitten and feel wildly attracted to me.

Beautiful people have absolutely nothing to complain about.

For it is ONLY the beautiful woman I know happy have great love stories. Men who fell all giddy over them from the outset. I don't know a single plain or cute girl who has had that affect on their spouse. Sure, the average girls are in just as happy relationships, but these relationships definately didn't have the first two years of heady infatuation and limerence that the beautiful girls got to experience. And the men were less over the moon and not madly in love with the average women.

This is from my observations of every couple I have ever met.

I have yet to meet a non gorgeous girl who inspired great romance and intense feelings from their partners. Their men sorrt of just grew into them and while they now totally adore their non gorgeous wives, they certainly are not madly and passionately in love in the same way the beautiful women's partners are.

Why end it? He says he is crazy about you. Why not believe him?

I just feel that I would be considered gorgeous if I had a more feminine nose.

I have straight teeth and the plump lips women pay to get and I have very very light blue eyes and super long lashes.

I figured my nose was the only feature that stopped me from being beautiful.

All my other features are very attractive.

And I have a dent in my nose from getting it broken as a child.

I just want my profile to be straight.

Imo, an imperfect biggish nose is great

I'm not even pretty but since I'm not overweight the men just laugh, flirt, joke around me. Sometimes I just wanna be invisible. Tired of being smiley and happy, it's not me! Okay, I feel better

• Like 1
Great feelings of lust and passion aren't monopolized by beauty!

Non beauties only inspire those feelings after getting to know a man who is meh about them at first.

The men I know who are with non gorgeous girls actually struggled a lot in the early stages because while they were totally thrilled to find a woman that amazing, they were also confused as to why they weren't crazy about them and all giddy with excitement ( the way they felt passionate about their hotter exes)

It was only after a lukewarm start that was low on passion, that these men fall for their non gorgeous girls. They totally skipped the limerence phase and the butterflies....

I'm not even pretty but since I'm not overweight the men just laugh, flirt, joke around me. Sometimes I just wanna be invisible. Tired of being smiley and happy, it's not me! Okay, I feel better

For what it's worth you look nice in your photo. Wow, people are really down on themselves tonight!

• Like 1
Non beauties only inspire those feelings after getting to know a man who is meh about them at first.

The men I know who are with non gorgeous girls actually struggled a lot in the early stages because while they were totally thrilled to find a woman that amazing, they were also confused as to why they weren't crazy about them and all giddy with excitement ( the way they felt passionate about their hotter exes)

It was only after a lukewarm start that was low on passion, that these men fall for their non gorgeous girls. They totally skipped the limerence phase and the butterflies....

I'm not sure that's generally true. Plus everyone has their own concept of what's beautiful.

Also, based on your pics I think you are selling yourself short

@Kilgore, sorry. Hate to be Debbie Downer lol. I just work with a lot of men and it gets tiring. I've overheard a coworker once 'he is trying to get with her' (me) and I go there to work, not flirt with the men. I just get annoyed. Men...always thinking with that second head with no brain.

• Like 1
@Kilgore, sorry. Hate to be Debbie Downer lol. I just work with a lot of men and it gets tiring. I've overheard a coworker once 'he is trying to get with her' (me) and I go there to work, not flirt with the men. I just get annoyed. Men...always thinking with that second head with no brain.

I get it. It can be hard being a woman working with a bunch of lunkheads.

Fwiw, I could give you a laundry list of my shortcomings. But we all have that

Imo, an imperfect biggish nose is great

I dated a hot lecturer who was gorgeous and desirable.

He said he prefers women who aren't plain and who look a little different.

He genuinely thought I was gorgeous.

His new girl is a polish beauty with wild frizzy hair everywhere and large lips and eyes like mine. She isn't the type of women who every guy would turn their head at. But she is striking and different looking for sure with lovely features all be it her hair makes her nkt the pin up porn star model type that most men would go after.

However, I thought she was stunning. I was flattered he also found me attractive based on her. And again...she isn't a traditional beauty...

So yes some men like a girl who is imperfect.

He said he doesnt like plain types of girls who are in the commercials on TV.

He actually liked my imperfect nose.

He is also the rare exception to the rule. I am sure most men are more inclined to fall for women atvruest glance if they have tiny noses and look traditionally gorgeous.

Edited by Leigh 87
  • Like 1
I dated a hot lecturer who was gorgeous and desirable.

He said he prefers women who aren't plain and who look a little different.

He genuinely thought I was gorgeous.

His new girl is a polish beauty with wood frizzy hair everywhere and large lips and eyes like mine. She isn't the type of women who every guy would turn their head at. But she is striking and different looking for sure with lovely features all be it her hair makes her nkt the pin up porn star model type that most men would go after.

However, I thought she was stunning. I was flattered he also found me attractive based on her. And again...she isn't a traditional beauty...

So yes some men like a girl who is imperfect.

He said he doesnt like plain types of girls who are in the commercials on TV.

He actually liked me imperfect nose.

He is also the rare exception to the rule. I am sure most men are more inclined to fall for women atvruest glance if they have tiny noses and look traditionally gorgeous.

I dunno. There is room for all tastes. Women tended to find me attractive even though I have a bald spot, am hairy, have a big nose, don't have big muscles and have a small thingie. So it's not the individual features - it's the sum total that makes someone attractive. And everyone has their own taste. Guys and girls are not uniform in what they like