lollipopspot

I have to disagree here. Men are becoming more and more sexualized and body image has become a male issue as well.

I agree it's an issue, but women as sex objects, trophies, etc. is clearly more pervasive at this point.

Supermodels, fashion, etc. are still more the realm of the female. Women's bodies are more on display - like going to see naked women at strip clubs - it doesn't happen so often in reverse.

I agree with you but that won't happen. Men will shame women and women will shame men while calling it some sort of feminist victory

What the hell? You have a chip on your shoulder about "feminism." Everything is not about feminism.

Edited by lollipopspot

What I cannot stand is the hypocrisy...

She's on the cover smiling...and with the health complications, pain in joints, etc that comes with her "size", smiling and being "proud" of yourself is a severe form of delusion and misleading people.

And please "body shaming"?

Please, call it what it is - repulsive. No way, rolls of fat, bulge, cottage cheese or whathaveyou is appealing. Look, God blessed us with the sense of "taste" so, if we eat something that is not well cooked and/or spoiled, we spit it out. Same with our sense of "sight"...an overweight and/or obese person is visually unappealing cuz it signals someone with possible health issues and are lazy.

I was at the gym last week and a preggo lady was there...belly about to pop - like the last few months of it you know. And she looked GREAT!!! No, not thin nor fat - but "fit" and no excuses in her dept...Looks like she's married to military based on her T-shirt and stuff and I like that - a "warrior's woman"...not someone making excuses and sitting on their butt twirling.

Speaking of "warriors"...many military coming home with blown off limbs and stuff and running, swimming, walking with prostetics...so please, I have no mercy for people with ten fingers/toes who can't even take a 30 min walk around the block at least once in their miserable lifetime.

"Body shaming"....pleeeze

Whenever you speak truth, you're "mean", "judgmental", "shamin'".....and, this is a problem with our generation now a days...can't hold them accountable for a thing cuz that's just mean and you're mean...wwwwaaaaah

• Like 4
ColdandLonelyinAK

There are larger people who are indeed happy with themselves the way they are. Doesn't make them delusional.

• Like 1
Even then... ever see a fat person being made fun of at the gym or while jogging/biking? I have.

Oh god...

I remember an article in my college newsletter one time, something along the lines of "What men and women think about each other at the gym"

and some of the men's comments towards women... my goodness I can't believe that stuff actually got published.

"Fork. Face. Stop"

"Some of those chicks should stay on the treadmill a bit longer..."

:eek:

• Like 1

Oh, and about "courage" to go on some magazine cover?

Pleeeze....

Courage, grit, determination in getting your butt up and running, walking, moving your but...and doing it w/o demanding the world recognize you for it....And, doing it even when you're sore and tired.

Courage, grit, and determination in having some self-control and watching what you eat.

Courage, grit, and determination when I see amputees, women older than myself in several decades kickin' but. My fav podcaster is over 65 and that tiny winy lady got guns bigger than mine and has the honesty to admit that it's hard, but you "just do it"

So, pleeze, the definition of actual "courage" needs to have a 2nd look by some peeps,,,

• Like 1
Hopeful714

There is a person in that body. And it's repulsive to me that someone can label her as repulsive just because she is what she is.

I'm done with this thread!?

• Like 6
There are larger people who are indeed happy with themselves the way they are. Doesn't make them delusional.

If they are going to lose their feet to high blood sugar it does. That sort of build is only viable for someone in their youth, and it sets them up for an early grave.

ColdandLonelyinAK
There is a person in that body. And it's repulsive to me that someone can label her as repulsive just because she is what she is.

I'm done with this thread!?

Exactly. I read an article about her, and she recently got married and is enjoying growing success and seems really happy. Good for her. People can be so cruel.

• Like 1
lollipopspot

I'm slender, but man, some of the comments here are so mean that I hope that no one who is heavier and feels really bad about themselves reads this thread.

You know, there are people on-line that are near the edge, feeling worthless. Probably it's more common on-line than in real life, since a lot of shut-ins use the internet as their social support.

It doesn't really help to proclaim them disgusting or lazy or whatever. You could figure out a more compassionate way to explain that you like people to be fit, or that you have an aesthetic that is more slender.

• Like 3
Maleficent
I agree with you but that won't happen. Men will shame women and women will shame men while calling it some sort of feminist victory and the genders will become even more polarized. That is what will happen.

If everyone think like this and does nothing about it, yes it will.

If people don't call out fat shamers, yes it will.

Unfortunately.

ColdandLonelyinAK
I'm slender, but man, some of the comments here are so mean that I hope that no one who is heavier and feels really bad about themselves reads this thread.

You know, there are people on-line that are near the edge, feeling worthless. Probably it's more common on-line than in real life, since a lot of shut-ins use the internet as their social support.

It doesn't really help to proclaim them disgusting or lazy or whatever. You could figure out a more compassionate way to explain that you like people to be fit, or that you have an aesthetic that is more slender.

I've always been a curvy girl, nowhere near Tess' size and some of the comments here make me feel bad and want to steer clear of a few posters from now on.

Very hurtful stuff here, and the harpoon comments have nothing to do with these people's health records. It's just cruel.

• Like 6
If everyone think like this and does nothing about it, yes it will.

If people don't call out fat shamers, yes it will.

Unfortunately.

People should call all of them out but mostly people just side with their own gender. This society is in a sad state.

• Like 1
Exactly. I read an article about her, and she recently got married and is enjoying growing success and seems really happy. Good for her. People can be so cruel.

Who, Adele? 'Bout time she got married...but I'm sure it won't last.

From what I understand she got preggo out of wedlock...so, there you go with all the "high self-esteem" she and certain heavier women have. :rolleyes:

Maleficent
I agree it's an issue, but women as sex objects, trophies, etc. is clearly more pervasive at this point.

Supermodels, fashion, etc. are still more the realm of the female. Women's bodies are more on display - like going to see naked women at strip clubs - it doesn't happen so often in reverse.

Actually I find male dancers are treated a lot more like pieces of meat than female dancers. Women go really ****ing nuts in strip clubs!

Let's just agree to disagree.

ColdandLonelyinAK
Who, Adele? 'Bout time she got married...but I'm sure it won't last.

From what I understand she got preggo out of wedlock...so, there you go with all the "high self-esteem" she and certain heavier women have. :rolleyes:

No. Tess Holiday.

I've always been a curvy girl, nowhere near Tess' size and some of the comments here make me feel bad ...

If you're nowhere near her size ... what? Wow.

She's to the point where she is literally killing herself with food. When someone is like that, it's a biological response to recognize it and find it distasteful. Curvy within the bounds of good health is a different thing, at that level it's a matter of taste, but it's not a matter of a person making themselves unable to function.

Just make sure you're healthy and don't apply things to yourself that don't apply to you.

Anyone who IS that big, seek medical help NOW, and do what the doctor says. Seriously.

• Like 2
Maleficent
People should call all of them out but mostly people just side with their own gender. This society is in a sad state.

And some people just sit there and shrug their shoulders while others are trying to create change.

Whichever hat you decide to wear...

ColdandLonelyinAK
If you're nowhere near her size ... what? Wow.

She's to the point where she is literally killing herself with food. When someone is like that, it's a biological response to recognize it and find it distasteful. Curvy within the bounds of good health is a different thing, at that level it's a matter of taste, but it's not a matter of a person making themselves unable to function.

Just make sure you're healthy and don't apply things to yourself that don't apply to you.

Anyone who IS that big, seek medical help NOW, and do what the doctor says. Seriously.

It doesn't matter to me if I'm close to her size or not. Some of the comments here are hurtful. I shop at Torrid (the line she models for), so when people say hurtful things about her, I can't help but include myself in that. I've always worn their smaller sizes, but still... just keep the harpoon comments to yourself.

Some people, not just here, but everywhere on the Internet... I'd really like to know why they have such an anti-fat agenda. What happened to make them so hateful? And would they ever say these things in person?

• Like 2
Michelle ma Belle

I'm done with this thread!

I have to agree.

I've never had a weight problem although I have had bulimia of which I'm still in recovery even after 10 years. I am astounded at the level of intolerance and even cruelty that is showcased in this thread and on all the other threads that have dealt with weight issues.

It's one thing to have a physical preference in terms of what you're attracted to sexually speaking but it's another thing to sit there and hurl insults and make blanket degrading remarks about someone and something you know little about.

Just because some of you don't have to deal with weight issues either by choice or by genetics doesn't give you the right to act like your sh*t doesn't stink. I mean, are YOU perfect? :rolleyes:

I'm not sure what the big issues is anyway. What the hell are you all afraid of?

• Like 2

U

No. Tess Holiday.

Well, lemme ask you this...

With her obesity, she is doing child abuse...cuz I'm sure she doesn't have much energy to play with the child, take it on a simple bike ride and possibly won't live long enough to see it grow into an adult and/or see her grandkids.

Or worst, she'll pass on her poor dietary and activity habits to the kid(s) and blame it on genes.

I have a relative who is overweight...so is her daughter, son in law and her kids (their grandkids) she blames thyroid, but she does NO physical activity and you should see how they cook/eat. One of the grandkids? Fit as a fiddle, cuz the kid is not even a tween and is so smart to figure out going vegan is the only way to break free from them and their bad habits....

Oh, and back to neglecting the kids? Well, this relative of mine and her daughter are teeed off with one of the kids and wanna drug the kid cuz they say it has ADD...Hello, it's a freakin' kid. It has energy, it wants to play and run around, but is a nuisance to you cuz you're overweight and not in shape and don't wanna be bothered :rolleyes:

I don't think women are stupid, nor do most strive to look like Tess.

No, I don't think they strive to look like her, but having her on the cover of fashion magazines sure doesn't inspire women to improve their health.

Because no, there's no way she's healthy.

• Like 2
ColdandLonelyinAK
U

Well, lemme ask you this...

With her obesity, she is doing child abuse...cuz I'm sure she doesn't have much energy to play with the child, take it on a simple bike ride and possibly won't live long enough to see it grow into an adult and/or see her grandkids.

Or worst, she'll pass on her poor dietary and activity habits to the kid(s) and blame it on genes.

I have a relative who is overweight...so is her daughter, son in law and her kids (their grandkids) she blames thyroid, but she does NO physical activity and you should see how they cook/eat. One of the grandkids? Fit as a fiddle, cuz the kid is not even a tween and is so smart to figure out going vegan is the only way to break free from them and their bad habits....

Oh, and back to neglecting the kids? Well, this relative of mine and her daughter are teeed off with one of the kids and wanna drug the kid cuz they say it has ADD...Hello, it's a freakin' kid. It has energy, it wants to play and run around, but is a nuisance to you cuz you're overweight and not in shape and don't wanna be bothered :rolleyes:

From what I read in the article, she works out with a trainer and stays active. Not everyone can lose that sort of weight overnight. Comparing an obese person to a child abuser is just preposterous.

• Like 1
It doesn't matter to me if I'm close to her size or not. Some of the comments here are hurtful. I shop at Torrid (the line she models for), so when people say hurtful things about her, I can't help but include myself in that.

Sure you can.

If you're healthy, it doesn't matter where you shop, you're not in her class.

If one feels compelled to include oneself in a group or community based solely on the fact that one avails themselves of some of the product line, the issue isn't physical at that point.

The disgust is a hard wired aversion to extreme health issues. There are certain signs of bad health that people instinctively shun. Something that's not only preventable, but that is actually CELEBRATING a deadly health condition is doubly sick.

• Like 1
What the hell are you all afraid of?

People thinking this is OK and having their feet carved off at the ripe old age of 50? Kidney dialysis? Early death?

You know, crap like this article encouraging behavior that results in little things like that.

I'm not genetically thin, I have to work hard to stay even healthy, given my work and schedule. It's not easy but it's required, and again, if anyone reading this is that big don't get depressed, see a doctor. They can help you, all you have to do is follow the instructions.

• Like 1
ColdandLonelyinAK
Sure you can.

If you're healthy, it doesn't matter where you shop, you're not in her class.

If one feels compelled to include oneself in a group or community based solely on the fact that one avails themselves of some of the product line, the issue isn't physical at that point.

The disgust is a hard wired aversion to extreme health issues. There are certain signs of bad health that people instinctively shun. Something that's not only preventable, but that is actually CELEBRATING a deadly health condition is doubly sick.

I've been close to her size before, I will tell you that.

There are people out there struggling with body image and weight. I'm just saying that people can be a little more constructive in their criticisms. Some of the comments here are reminiscent of middle school. Nothing I would consider adult like behavior.

You never know how your words can affect others. Try to justify it all you want by bringing up health.

Bottom line is, you are disgusted by overweight women and that is fine. That's your right. Just be a little more sensitive. :)

• Like 3