Well, if I give you my city/zip code that puts me at risk of losing anonymity so I cannot do that but in my city we are not allowed to plant things in the front - if we do it in the back, it must be hidden from view of someone in the front - BUT don't you know California is in a drought?

I live in LA, I previously lived in Sunnyvale, between the two I lived in SEA, before that, lots of places. If you're in town and don't live near a grocery store, you're either in a very small community or a very very odd town.

thefooloftheyear

This thread is like a Hydra....But its interesting...

I reject the notion that you cant eat healthy on the cheap...It takes some ingenuity, but it can be done...I somehow managed to maintain a competitive collegiate athletes 220 lb body when I could barely pay my rent(which was all of $400/month at that time)...

You'd be surprised how far a jar of peanut butter, some jelly, ramen noodles, some eggs and milk and cases of tuna fish can take you...:laugh:

I mean sure, if you want to tell me that you need organic produce, free ranging chickens,15/lb imported cheeses, fresh from the dock seafood..etc...then yes, you are gonna need some cabbage(the kind you put in your pocket;))...

TFY

• Like 3
I grew up in one of the poorest neighborhoods ever. We still had a fridge, and there was a grocery store within walking distance. If someone is too out of shape to walk a couple miles to a grocery or corner store, they obviously need to start walking more, because that's ridiculous.

Your experience does not equal everyone's experience.

My city has a 2 year waiting list for housing vouchers, and families living in motel rooms, paying by the day or week. No fridge at all. These are people with jobs, but poor credit, and unable to rent an apt.

Add a couple kids, maybe no sidewalks, and a mile walk for food is a very different challenge. Add two jobs and time is another complication.

YES, it is possible to eat healthfully on a very low budget. I've done it. But I had the resources of time, transportation, storage, and refrigeration, in addition to the basic nutritional know-how that those raised in poverty could be lacking. These are not excuses, but rather reasons. Efforts to alleviate these issues will be far more effective in battling obesity than fat shaming.

• Like 1

After a quick review, it appears that this thread has become little more then an extension of another thread already closed by moderation. This thread will remain closed. ~Thank you

Edited by William