Getting plastic surgery

Urgh, I'm so envious! :( I'd love getting my nose straightened - just back into the old shape; plenty of childhood pictures and even a profile picture to make an example from - but as a student I'm still dependant on mommy financially and she won't let me because she's afraid I'll become addicted to plastic surgery (thank you TV shows for showing off the terrible examples of what people do to their bodies :mad:).

If I had the money I'd get something done every week until I looked like Khaleesi Daenyres Targaryen "Game of Thrones."

Pictures & Photos of Emilia Clarke - IMDb

I gotta get those lips!

Edited by Brigit
  • Like 1

Well, wow. After spending a few hours researching yesterday and today I discussed and asked again for plastic surgery - especially considering the before-after pictures I found of girls who have the same damned crooked nose like I have and looked a lot better afterwards. My mom still doesn't like it but still gave me an okay for next year. I can't believe I was shunned as a 16 year old and am now taken seriously as a 19 year old. Da hell...

loveweary11

Since we're opening this up a but, does anyone have expertience with Juviderm?

I have these lines horizontally across my forehead that have been there since college. Dents, really, with some unevenness from acne interfering with them ages ago.

Seems like a filler would be right, correct?

Some of my female friends wanted to go in as a group for discounts.

Thought maybe I'd get the canyons filled in somehow.

• Like 1

I have these lines horizontally across my forehead that have been there since college. Dents, really, with some unevenness from acne interfering with them ages ago.

Juvederm is FDA approved so it can't be too bad .

• Author

No Juviderm but I have tried microdermabrasion and silk peels. I've had good results with both. Usually, they recommend going back for 6 treatments in a short amount of time, like 6 in 6 weeks. Ive seen a difference just after one treatment. :)

No personal experience, but you should research some of the problems people have had and decide if it's worth the risk

Juvederm side effects - discussion - Juvederm forum

Restylane side effects - what did you experience? - Restylane forum

After reading the forums I've decided that my lips are just fine. Those stories are horrible. :sick:

I know one thing, I hope silicone never goes off the market again. Sometimes I can look and tell when a girl has saline. :(

I've heard they look like water balloons stuck in your chest. It seems the most natural boob job is the textured gummy bear implants with the best surgeon. If you can't do it this way buy a Wonderbra and be done with it.

• Author
I've heard they look like water balloons stuck in your chest. It seems the most natural boob job is the textured gummy bear implants with the best surgeon. If you can't do it this way buy a Wonderbra and be done with it.

Yep, unless you have tuberous boobs, getting breast contruction, or want the fake look. If silicone went off the market, I probably wouldn't get implants. Some saline boobies look good and jiggle, but I can spot a lot of saline jobs a mile away. The do look extra firm and round. That's not what i'm going for.

Yep, unless you have tuberous boobs, getting breast contruction, or want the fake look. If silicone went off the market, I probably wouldn't get implants. Some saline boobies look good and jiggle, but I can spot a lot of saline jobs a mile away. The do look extra firm and round. That's not what i'm going for.

My husband says he doesn't want me to get them because he knows I'd act neurotic about the end result.

It's true.

If they didn't come out EXACTLY as I hoped I'd be a nightmare. I'm better off embracing my real boobs. I'm looking forward to hearing about your experience!

• Author
My husband says he doesn't want me to get them because he knows I'd act neurotic about the end result.

It's true.

If they didn't come out EXACTLY as I hoped I'd be a nightmare. I'm better off embracing my real boobs. I'm looking forward to hearing about your experience!

I'll try to not pop out too many eyeballs and buttons after i get them. :)

IMO, you are going way too big. If you want to look petite, getting ginormous implants is not going to help. In fact, it'll probably have the opposite effect.

I think a lift to your current C or going up to a D is all you really need, but to each his own.

Good luck, OP! :)

• Like 1

michellew, the chest area will only hold so much before it bottoms out. Most versed physicians take that into account during the exam and chest exray. They can work with the margins of the bone/chest wall. Without knowing hot potato stats, its hard to make a one size fits all determination. My hope and prayers are that it goes well and compliments her. I think we all have her best interest at heart. Can hardly wait for her to give an update after her first apptment, things could change, who knows:)

• Like 2
Urgh, I'm so envious! :( I'd love getting my nose straightened - just back into the old shape; plenty of childhood pictures and even a profile picture to make an example from - but as a student I'm still dependant on mommy financially and she won't let me because she's afraid I'll become addicted to plastic surgery (thank you TV shows for showing off the terrible examples of what people do to their bodies :mad:).

Did you break your nose? Sounds like it. If you have breathing trouble because of it, there's a chance your insurance company will cover a procedure (I also live in the US mind you, I'm not sure how your country works). I was born with a deviated septum which resulted in absolutely terrible breathing/sinus issues, a bump in the bridge of my nose, and a tiny bit of a crooked nose. I had a septorhinoplasty. They straightened my septum out so I could breath normally again and the bump on the bridge of my nose is virtually non-existent. They also removed cartilage. I didn't want my nose completely reshaped, I just wanted the bump to be gone (and to be able to breathe again) but it looks a hell of a lot better and my insurance covered every cent.

Point is, if you have a medical issue because of it, your insurance company will most likely cover certain procedures. I suggest you magically wake up tomorrow with breathing problems.

• Like 1
  • Author
IMO, you are going way too big. If you want to look petite, getting ginormous implants is not going to help. In fact, it'll probably have the opposite effect.

I think a lift to your current C or going up to a D is all you really need, but to each his own.

Good luck, OP! :)

Oh no, I definitely do not want to look petite. i want the same look as someone who is petite but is a 32dd or 34dd. :)

Oh no, I definitely do not want to look petite. i want the same look as someone who is petite but is a 32dd or 34dd. :)

I grew zeppelins when I was pregnant and nursing, and I just want to warn you, it's strange to adjust to! They knocked into things and my arms tangled up and I spilled stuff on them. (I had no idea I spilled so much until I had this ledge catching all of my spills. Doofus.) They were a mighty presence, I'll say that. And not one I was used to. Expect an adjustment period. :)

• Like 1
  • Author
I grew zeppelins when I was pregnant and nursing, and I just want to warn you, it's strange to adjust to! They knocked into things and my arms tangled up and I spilled stuff on them. (I had no idea I spilled so much until I had this ledge catching all of my spills. Doofus.) They were a mighty presence, I'll say that. And not one I was used to. Expect an adjustment period. :)

lol! I know it'll be different hehe.

I have this button dress. Hmmm maybe gonna have to wear a cami under that.

• Like 1

It has more to do with whether they're under the muscle or over. Go under. I fooled every guy I dated in my forties. And hubby still wouldn't know if I hadn't told him.

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...
  • Author

I've narrowed down plastic surgeons. I hoped to go surgery next summer or fall. Yaaay!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Well, anyway, i'm happy!

I was just reminiscing on my encounters with guys. I've had guys all of a sudden. These are not pretty thoughts...

Let's see, guys asking if I would gain weight then go on talking about other girls who were skinny but had big breasts. They were really askin me if my boobs would get bigger lol. I think one guy did flat out ask if my boobs would get bigger if I gained weight. I've been in some serious denial. :lmao:

Now that I think about it, guys don't pay that much attention to my boobs.:lmao: i think everyone including myself just tried to pretend they're there. :lmao:

Yeah. Yeah. It's time for a change...

Im on my 4th set in 16 years. I like teardrop under muscle. ... mine are because I Had a bilateral mastectomy at 31 because of cancer and they did tissue expanders firs. If you have an excellent surgeon they will help you decide what suits the look you want. Good luck

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
hopelessromanticchic

I need some adjustments to myself too. Maybe that would lift my confidence a little.

Edited by hopelessromanticchic
  • Like 1
Awww thanks. :)

Im totes cool with more expensive bras. I already know ill need more industrial type sports bras. The bra shopping is actually something im looking forward to! :D Im fine with risking back pain.

Dds are nice on smaller girls.I do like the look of the petite girl with dds, so I need to be more than a dd because of my frame.

Maybe its not a magic solution, but big boobs will help me look more proportional. A few girls do downsize, but plenty do not.

I am the petite girl with the 32 DDS.

Check out one of my profile pics when I am on my night dress...it's my album cover, it shows you what a 32 DD looks like.

Men love my proportions. My boobs don't look huge, they are in proportion ( I am curvy with hops and a bottom that sticks out)

I am not super petite but I have the look you're after. And yeah, it makes my stomach look flatter in clothes because of the contrast of the DD s;)

• Like 1